A Twist of Fate (1D series...

By JossieLeia

Jo Andrews Sam was your typical average high school girl. There was nothing pretty about her. Nothing excitin... More

A Twist of Fate
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Prologue
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ One
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Four
*Author's Note ~ 1D world tour's venues request ~ * CLOSED
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Ten
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eleven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twelve
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fourteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fifteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Sixteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seventeen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eighteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nineteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪Thirty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Epilogue

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-eight

62.3K 236 36
By JossieLeia

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." ~ Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night: A novel

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-eight

"Thanks for coming along," I said to Colin as we crossed the street to the St. Andrew Presbyterian Church.

He narrowed his eyes, "You don't have to thank me. I wanted to come anyway."

I chuckled. It had been some time since I went to the Sunday services. Back home, I would faithfully follow my mom to the Sunday services. In fact, I would always been there earlier and finished later because I was part of the worship team. That was how I practised my drumming as well.

"It's good to have Sunday morning free," I said. "It's been awhile."

"Yeah," he said. "But why this church?"

I laughed, "Because I'm a Presbyterian."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I followed my mom."

He nodded. Most of the English were either Anglicans or Catholics. It was really rare to find Presbyterians. But mom grew up in the states where the Presbyterians were much of a majority.

"You didn't invite Zayn along?" he asked.

I sighed.

Actually, we had a little argument over coming to church. He was of course, willing to come along but I could sense his reluctance. So, why force him?

"He didn't really want to come..." I said.

He nodded in understanding, "He's Muslim, after all."

I sighed again.

"Have you guys ever discussed religion?"

"Huh?"

"Well," he continued. "I'm not sure about you. But for me, it would be important that my partner shares the same religious views as me."

"Was Kate an Anglican too?"

"We went to the same church," he smiled.

"That's nice..."

"So?"

"No," I said. "Haven't really got the time to talk about such stuff. Most of the time, we were dead beat when we got back to the room. And then, it's bedtime."

T

He shrugged, "Well, I don't like to be the one to lecture you on this."

"Hmm?"

"You do know what the bible teaches about dating a non-Christian, and about pre marital relationships..."

"Of course," I replied. "My mom had also reminded me so many times. Zayn and I are safe."

He chuckled, "You don't have to tell me that."

"Well..." I blushed.

"Then you should know the beliefs between Islam and Christianity are way much too different. Now, you guys are simply dating but in the future...?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I don't even know if there's a future for us."

Just then, the church bell rang to mark the start of the service. Both of us hastened our footsteps as we joined the others into the church.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Great is thy faithfulness

Morning by morning new mercies I see

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided

Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me.

As I immersed myself into the words of the old hymn, I thought about what Colin had told me earlier.

Muslim versus Christianity.

It was a topic that Zayn and I had conveniently avoided. In fact, I don't even know how devout a Muslim he was. But if he could smoke and drink... Does he even fast at all?

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

"No, I do not agree," Colin argued. "Speaking in tongues is a gift. People should not abuse this God-given gift."

"Of course I'm saying that people should not abuse speaking in tongues," I replied exasperatedly. "But why are we restricting the use of tongues, especially in the more traditional churches? And talking about that, why can't we break free from the traditions? Isn't that how Jesus taught the Jews?"

We were arguing when we stepped into the studio. Of course, it was a friendly debate - if you have ever seen two Christians in a friendly heated argument.

Zayn was giving us a funny look when he saw us.

"Hi Zayn!" I greeted him before going back to the topic with Colin.

"Hi..." he said. "How was Church?"

"Anyway, let's continue another day," I told Colin before turning back to Zayn with a smile. "It was great!"

"Didn't you guys like start at eleven or something?"

"Yeah," I grinned before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"But it's like three now?"

"The church people invited us to stay for lunch and bible staying," I explained.

"Oh..."

"You should join us next time," I beamed.

"Uh..."

"There you are!" Colin exclaimed. "Found it!"

"You found it?" I rushed toward Colin as he showed me the score to one of the hill songs. "OMG! We should play it some time."

"Why not now, since the rest are not here yet," he suggested.

"Great idea," I hurried back to my drums. "Too bad Zayn doesn't know the song, else he can sing it." I winked at Zayn.

"Huh?"

"We can sing along," Colin said before he began with the opening introduction chords.

Your grace is enough

More than I need

And your word I will believe

I wait for you

Draw near again

And your spirit make me new

And I will fall at your feet

I will fall at your feet

And I will worship you here

Your presence in me

Jesus light the way

By the power of your word

I am restored

I am redeemed

By your spirit I am free

And I will fall at your feet

I will fall at your feet

And I will worship you here

"Sorry," I apologised. "Not very familiar with that line..."

"No worries," Colin grinned.

Zayn stared at the both of us amused. "Do you used to play or sing in your church?"

"Of course," I grinned. "Every week."

"Who's going to play without you around?" he asked.

"There are other drummers around," I said. "No issues."

He shook his head in wonder, "If one mass can get you so heated up, I wonder what happens if there's more..."

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

"You're up in the news again!" Niall laughed as he headed me the papers.

"Seems like Jo is getting more popular than us!" Louis piped.

"Huh?"

We were in the car on the way to the campus of Curtin University for the evening live performance.

"What's that?" Zayn asked curiously.

I scanned through the papers. It was written that the boys had got a female drummer - and there was actually a picture of me - how embarrassing! And that this particular female drummer was locking lips with the bad boy Zayn in the latest video.

"Argh..." I exclaimed when I saw my face.

And the smart reporter actually made a connection back to the concert where Zayn had made his love declaration. Could this girl be Zayn's new love? - She wrote.

"Smart woman," Zayn smirked before he threw the papers aside.

"Looks like we can't protect you too long," Liam warned.

"I don't understand why you guys don't just come clean with it," Harry sighed. "How long have you been together anyway?"

Two months...

"DID YOU FART AGAIN, NIALL HORAN??!!" Louis screamed out loud.

Oh gosh, I held my nose.

"NO! I DID NOT!" Niall yelled back.

"THEN, WHAT'S that awful smell?" Harry smirked between his fingers.

"It's isn't me!" Niall protested.

I could not help laughing. So much for the boy who cried wolf.

My eyes trailed to the article headlines now sitting next to Zayn. I suspect it would be an exciting night.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

"So," the host smiled as she calmed the crowd down. "We are extremely happy to have the boys here tonight with us. Live on radio as well."

The boys smiled. The band was busy clearing up behind them, since there was no more songs for the night. If the crowd wanted another song, Niall would have to play.

"We have a little Q&A session," she continued. "And I have with me, a list of questions from the floor," she beamed to the boys.

"So, first question," she cleared her throat. "How do you find Australia?"

"It's awesome!"

"I love the waves!"

That must have come from Louis. I didn't have to look.

"The fans are absolutely crazy here!"

She chuckled, "Second question. Would you date a fan?"

The boys laughed.

"We seemed to keep getting this question," Zayn chuckled.

"Yeah."

"Of course, we would date if she's the one."

"Ah... so girls out there, work harder!" she laughed before continuing. "Louis, why do you love carrots?"

Louis chuckled, "Not sure. But I just love them!"

"Liam, do you miss your girlfriend?"

"Absolutely."

What kind of question was that? I rolled my eyes. Was not it obvious?

"Harry, any latest fling?"

Harry laughed, "I wish. Do you have anybody to introduce?"

I rolled my eyes again. How typical of Harry.

"Niall, you're always on Twitter. Had there been anyone who struck your attention?"

Niall chuckled, "A couple actually. Some of them are really nice and cute."

"So do you reply them?"

"Sometimes," he winked.

"And finally, Zayn," she paused. "There have rumours after since your love declaration on stage. And some even suspected the new drummer you guys got on the set. Is she around, by the way?"

I held my breath. Thank goodness, I was well hidden behind the curtains.

"So, are you guys like an item or something?"

I heard Zayn took a pause.

I was trembling.

Then I heard his reply.

"A gentleman never tells."

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

I realised the eyes were on us - Zayn and me, when we stepped out of backstage into the car. Apparently, the reporters were seeking me out. The boys helped in covering me as we moved along.

"Don't worry," Zayn reassured me.

"I'm okay," I told him.

"I didn't tell," he winked.

"I know," I said. "But it's okay even if you did..."

He looked at me wide eyed. "Are you sure?"

I shrugged, "Liam and Danielle are fine. So, why wouldn't we?"

"Are you sure?" he asked again, urgently this time.

I nodded. "Yeah."

He looked into my eyes for my confirmation. After searching for what he wanted, I felt his hand holding mine.

Hand-in-hand, we walked out with him leading the way.

And I heard the cameras clicking wildly.

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Okay, two chapters on Perth. I hope they're acceptable? Turns out this chapter was short...? *sob*

And I mixed up Niall's birthday! I wanted to write a chapter on it! Guess... it's too late...

Anyway, we are out of Australia. Going to do a crazy thing next - send them off to ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 602 200
This is a book full of quotes for Christian teens. I do not own all of these so credits to where they came from. Enjoy reading. God bless and hey! Re...
21.1K 799 49
The TCL crew is in high school!! ( plz dont judge)
2.3K 55 45
NOT MY STORY! Read this on fanfiction.net and it's absolutely incredible! I wanted to share it on here. It wasn't been updated since 2014 but is com...
14K 291 21
Derek leaves the town he loves and ends up finding the girl he loves with the same name--Albany. Everything in both of their lives is perfect when th...