The Alpha King's Army Medic

By infinitelight_

Being in the army was difficult, to begin with. Being an army medic and surgeon was even harder. Being the on... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Author's Note

Chapter Nineteen

101K 3K 331
By infinitelight_

The next two days were uneventful. Alexa had given me, even more, files so I spent my days going through them. I hadn't seen Theo at all.

It was Wednesday night now and I had finished everything. I was surprised I would actually be going to bed at a decent time. It was 10:30 at night and I was glad that the sleep that I've been craving all day was soon to be mine. Gavin would arrive early tomorrow morning so I'd have to get up at 5 which didn't seem that bad now that I knew I'd get enough sleep to function. He had texted me that he brings me a surprise and I couldn't help but wonder what it was.

I was getting ready for bed when there was a knock at my door. I quickly spit out my toothpaste into the bathroom sink and rinse my mouth out with water. I open my door to see an exhausted looking Alexa with a box of files. She had bags under her eyes and doesn't look like she's slept at all.

Why was she giving me these when they are all online?

Reading the question off my face she looked at me and said,"These just arrived and I'd really like if you can go over these tonight. We didn't have time to get them scanned so they are hard copies."

I put a smile on my face trying not to grimace. "Sure. I'll have them done by morning."

"Thank you so much. I've been reading your ideas and notes on the ones you've gotten scanned. They look great and really organized and you have no idea how much I appreciate it really." , she says as she walks into my room and sets the box next to the desk I had just cleaned up.

Welp, that was a waste of time.

"You're welcome.", I tell her as she leaves.

Closing my door I turn around to the box and look at it.

This is going to take a shit load of coffee. I swear I should just put the machine in my room.

I went out of the room and grabbed a coffee cup and brought it back to my room.

Where can I put a coffee machine in this room?

I spot my nightstand on the bed and see a plug near my desk. Grabbing the nightstand I move it over to near the desk and the plugin.

Returning to the kitchen I grab the coffee machine. It was expensive and could make like any type of coffees like lattes, cappuccinos, frappe, etc. The machine was the bomb so it was my mission to not drop it. I thought it would be sorta light but it wasn't. I didn't let the glorious coffee machine drop, but when I got to the nightstand it was a relief.

I would totally do that again. Coffee is life and it's totally worth any pain I would go through to bring it back and forth.

10 cup of coffee later (don't judge me)and all the files scanned and all my note scanned. I'm finally able to go to bed. I look at the clock and see it's six in the morning. Too tired to move I put my head on the desk and lay on the paper on my desk. I shut my eyes and everything is better for a couple seconds. Then my door opens and ruins everything.

"Aubrie! Gavin's arrived let's go. Wait? Since when did you have a coffee machine in here?," Alexa says energetically.

"You can take your energetic ass out do here and let me sleep. This is all your fault.", I mumble to her barely awake.

"Come on.", she says as she tries to grab me to pull me out of the chair.

After a couple minutes of fighting with her, another cup of coffee is in my hands and I'm stumbling down the stair. Halfway down I almost fall asleep against the railing I have a death grip on.

Alexa grabs me and takes the coffee out of my hand so I won't spill it as she directs me down the stairs and outside.

It's still pretty dark outside, but the sun is coming up. Rebecca, Nickolas, Max, Creepy Kyle, Austin, and Theo are all outside.

"I thought you said the Gavin was here. If he's here was isn't he physically here and why are we outside.", I tell Alexa angrily as I move to lay down on the sidewalk.

"I may have stretched the truth a little bit. You friend is in a car on his way here and he should be here in like fifteen minutes.", she says as she tries to get me to stand up.

"I hate you. Now let me sleep until he is here and I mean physically here I can see him and talk to him.", I mumble to her.

"Why is she so tried?", I hear Rebecca ask.

"I might have made her pull two all nighters for the past two days, but she said she would so it's not my fault.", Alexa explains.

"Aww is that was Aub is grouchy?", Creepy Kyle says. He then comes over and starts to poke me. "Why did you tell Alexa them the real reason was from me keeping you up all night?"

I hear Theo growl at his word and I grab the hot cup of coffee Alexa set next to me.

"I'm sorry. I'm about to waste you, but remember I still love you.", I whisper to my coffee. I then sit up and turn to where Creepy Kyle was bothering me.

"Shut the fuck up and let me sleep you dick. I'm not in the mood for your games and frankly, they aren't funny. I respect my sleep more than I respect you right now.", I tell Creepy Kyle while pouring the hot coffee all over his head. He lets at a loud yelp and grabs my wrist harshly.

He looks like he's about to attack me, but before he could Max, Theo, and Austin are all in front of him. That's when we all hear laughter. I instantly recognize it as Gavin's and Nicole's and I turn around to see them both there.

"I see you're out of your army schedule.", Nicole says slightly laughing still.

Before I could reply Gavin pops in and says, "Oh right, surprise! I brought Nicole."

"Duh, you bloodsucker I noticed that.", I tell them while getting up from the ground.

"I told you not to call me that!", he says as he gives me a shove. I move past him to hug Nicole.

"I've missed you.", we both say at the same time. Laughing we both pull away from the hug.

"Don't I get a hug?", says Gavin with a pout on his face.

"Not if you're going to try to bite me again.", I tell him.

"Aubrie! I told you that was an accident! I was hungry and your blood was begging for me to have a taste. You know I couldn't control it!", Gavin ranted.

"Whatever.", I tell him as I pull him into a hug.

We release from the hug after a couple of seconds and Gavin says,"See I didn't bite you that time."

"Yeah maybe that's because Theo looks ready to kick your ass just for touching Aubrie so I don't want to even imagine what would happen if you tried to bite her.", Nicole says with a smirk.

"Oh whatever.", Gavin says.

"Okay, well Gavin I heard you brought something with you to help.", Alexa interrupts.

"Yes, I did. It's in the car.", Gavin walks over to the car and picks up a case. A case for guns.

"Okay, how are guns going to help us?", she asks.

"Because we intercepted a case full of their guns and we analyzed the bullets and found bacterium covering them."

"Okay well, let's go get started then. Just follow me.", Alexa says excitedly.

We all follow her to her lab where Gavin gets the case down inside a containment room.

"Okay I only need Gavin, Nicole, and Aubrie right now so the rest of you can go away.", Alexa directs at Theo, Austin, her parents and her uncles.

Alexa, Nicole, Gavin, and I all start to put on suits so we don't get the bacteria anywhere on us. When we are done we see that they all are still here.

"We're just going to watch from the outside.", Theo states.

"Okay so you guys all know how to isolate bacteria don't you?", Gavin asks me and Nicole.

"Yes.", we both say.

"Then let's get this going.", he says while opening the case that contains guns and bullets.

After we finished plating the bacteria Nicole and I were free to go. We had to wait for one to two days before the bacteria grow in the incubator so we can use the isolated colonies the bacteria will form on the agar plate. Then we could put them on slides and look at them under a microscope.

"What do you want to do?", Nicole asked me.

"I don't know. We could make Theo give you medical privileges and go work in their hospital wards. I bet the pack doctors won't mind."

"Even though that sounds amazing on the way here we went past a carnival in a human town so I was thinking why don't we go?", Nicole says.

"I don't know."

"Please,please,please.", she begs.

"Okay let's go."

"Wait, I don't have a car, but I think I know someone who does.", I say as I grab my phone out of my pocket.

Lydia was there fifteen minutes later with her car. Nicole and I had gone to my room and I let her put her bags in there and we grabbed some money.

"Did you tell Theo that you were going?", Lydia asks as she starts driving.

"No, why?"

"Aubrie you didn't tell him?", Nicole complains from behind my seat.

"No I didn't and you were with me the whole time. You should have known I didn't tell him."

"Great so I guess it was nice knowing you and you to Nicole even though I've only known you for about ten minutes. At my funeral..."

"No one is dying Lydia. Why would Theo even care?"

"You're his .....", she mumbles the rest under her breath.

"What? Don't mumble, just say it."

"You're his mate.", she whispered so quietly I could barely hear it.

"What, really?", I say acting surprised.

"Yes, but don't tell him I told you.", she says.

"I mean I don't think he'll mind that you told me since he already told me."

"He..he already told you? And you still didn't tell him that you were going to a carnival? Are you crazy?"

"No, I'm not crazy. I just didn't think that he would need to know now can we stop talking about this?"

"Okay fine.", both of them say.

"Okay cool let's just enjoy this carnival."

"Okay, but I vote that when we get there we get cotton candy first.", Lydia says.

"I second that!", Nicole and I both say.

"Oh look we're here.", Lydia says as we pull up to the carnival. Lydia pulls into the car line and to get into the carnival.

"It's 5 dollars for humans and 15 for any other species.", a middle age man says in a monotone voice. "Now give me your finger so I can run it through the NSO (Nation Supernaturals Organization).

Two minutes later we pay 35 dollars thanks to the witches and the vampire in the car.

When we park the car Nicole says," Do you think they have blood flavored cotton candy?"

Lydia and I both make disgusted faces and I say, " I hope not that's plain gross ugh!"

"Okay whatever, but look there's the cotton candy stand!", she says while practically dragging me and Lydia there. "OH, MY GOD! THEY HAVE BLOOD FLAVORED COTTON CANDY!!!" , she screams in both of our ears.

"You're a witch so make it disappear.", I whisper to Lydia.

"Don't you dare, Lydia. I will suck you dry and after that, I suck you dry Aubrie because you have the worst advice ever."

"Okay, okay I won't do anything. I promise.", she says as we walk towards the stand. "Except get the guys number who is running the stand do you see him? He's hotter than hell."

"Oh trust me, I wouldn't mind a bite of that.", Nicole says. Lydia gives her a glare and Nicole's then says," Don't look at me like that it's an expression."

"I think that expression gave the impression that you want to suck his blood and I already called dibs if you didn't notice."

"Oh, come one we're twenty-five that doesn't work anymore. "

"Are you sure about that because remember that guy who I....", I say but Nicole sends me a glare and shows off her fangs. "Okay got it shutting up."

"If you want blood flavored cotton candy it still does.", Lydia threatens.

"Hey! That's not fair. Hot guys versus food are like one hardest decision women have to make."

I leave them to their arguing and walk in front of them beating them to the line. There was only one family in front of me who were grabbing what they order.

"Hi, I'm Aubrie and those two girls over there are Lydia and Nicole. Okay, so what I want is two normal cotton candy that is for humans and then a blood flavored one. Oh and I'd also like your number because my two friends are arguing over who gets dibs and it's annoying. "

The guy gives me a confused look but then checks out both my friends while giving me the cotton candy.

"Here's my number. I wrote it down twice so you can give it to both. Unless you want me to write it down the third time for yourself?"

"Yeah, no thank you.", I tell him as I grab the cotton candy and the papers. "Okay so while you guys stood over here arguing I got you both cotton candy and I got you both his number okay?"

"Yes thank you. We both just decided that food was more important than men so I shouldn't be needing this, but I'll put it in my pocket you know. I don't want to litter.", Lydia says.

"There's a trash can not five feet away from you.", I tell her.

"Is there?", she says turning around. She says something under breath and points at it and says,"Oh look it's not there anymore." as it disappears.

After we all finish eat are candy we buy tickets and go on some rides. We go on to this one that flips you upside down and by the time we got off it I want to die. Lydia and Nicole just laughed at me because I told them I thought I was going to die.

It's night now and we are going back to the car to leave. We had a great time but now we are all tired and want to sleep. Nicole's driving us to Lydia's because it's closer to the carnival and she the only one that doesn't have to sleep.

Nicole finally gets to Lydia's house.

"Come on guys get out of the car and into the house so we can sleep in actual beds.", Nicole says while getting out of the car.

Lydia and I slowly get out and make our way inside. Lydia takes out her key and uses it and once the door opens her mom and what I am guessing to be her dad says, "You all are dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 47K 46
"I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday." I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete...
1.2K 59 24
She was a human, clueless to the supernatural world. She worked helping troubled youth, and loved helping people. She had chronic illnesses, and was...
1.4M 38.6K 24
It is said that only the special humans get werewolf mates. Human mates aren't usually frowned upon in most packs, but as for The Larken Moon pack it...
2.8M 49.6K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...