Secretly Super| Lab Rats

By caler_jo_hyden

In which a secret superhuman befriends three teen bionic heroes. All rights belong to the creators and produ... More

Prologue
Crush, Chop, & Burn Pt. 1
Crush, Chop, & Burn Pt. 2
Commando App
Leo's Jam
Rats on a Train
Smart and Smarter
Exoskeleton vs Grandma
Bionic Birthday Fail
Back from the Future
Drone Alone
Night of the Living Virus
Concert in a Can
Mission: Space
Season 2
Speed Trapped
Quarantined
Robot Fight Club
Parallel Universe
Des & Leo vs. Evil
Bionic Showdown: Pt.1
Bionic Showdown: Pt.2
Memory Wipe
Avalanche!
Adam Up
Prank You Very Much
Twas the Mission before Christmas
No Going Back
Season 3
Sink or Swim: Pt.1
Sink or Swim: Pt.2
The Jet-Wing
Home
Three Minus Bree
Which Father Knows Best?
Brother Battle
You Posted What?!: Pt.1
You Posted What?!: Pt.2
Face Off
Armed and Dangerous
Control
Rise of the Secret Soldiers
Bionic Houseparty
First Day of Bionic Academy
Adam Steps Up
Season 4
Bionic Rebellion: Pt.1
Bionic Rebellion: Pt.2
Under Siege
Bionic Dog
Mission Mania
Spider Island
One of Us
Lab Rat D: Pt. 1
Space Colony: Pt.1
Space Colony: Pt.2
The Vanishing: Pt.1
The Vanishing: Pt.2
Announcement for Sequel

Lab Rat D: Pt.2

3.7K 71 14
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️ 

I sit up quickly in an infirmary bed and look around, my head was pounding badly and I still felt completely drained. My dad was sitting in the chair beside the bed, his hands holding my right hand.

"Des-" David immediately began in concern.

"I- I'm okay." I cut him off, my voice hoarse, while getting out of bed but staggering forward as he caught me in his arms.

I use him as a support and both of us walked out of the infirmary and into the main room. "Des!" Everyone started in unison in relief that I was awake now.

I weakly smile, the loud buzzing inside of my head getting louder, which was giving me a headache.

"How are you feeling, Des?" Bree asked in concern.

"I- I don't want to lie to you guys anymore. You're my family... I'm tired and- and can barely even stand on my own." I admit quietly, "I mean, you guys heard what Zelda had said- I heard her, too..."

"That won't happen, Des. We won't let you die. I won't let you." Leo spoke up confidently.

"But I-" I begin.

"Leo's right. You're not gonna die. You have family who cares about you too much to let that happen anytime soon." Bree added.

"What was that machine even for anyway?" Donald spoke up out of curiosity.

"To take me home." I admit.

"And you helped her build that kind of technology? You should've known the risks." Donald commented towards his brother.

"Hey, I helped her because she asked me to- And not you." Douglas defended himself.

The whole group then started to argue massively as I watch anxiously, my heart rate speeding up; The whole island began to tremble then.

I step back, my hands shaky as I brought them to my mouth lightly; The loud buzzing inside of my head intensified then.

I squeeze my eyes shut and move my hands to the sides of my head. "STOP!" The light beside me had been flickering, but when I had yelled, it exploded in sparks.

"Sorry, Des." They all murmured. I couldn't stop the tremors as I just end up walking out of the room, my hand against the wall for support.

I finally manage to slow the tremors and stop them completely. Leo ran up to me from behind and faced me fully, me sighing, "I'm- I'm okay now, Leo."

"No, you're not. I know you." Leo replied, glancing down at the floor and back at me, "I have to let you know this, okay? If you do die and I live, then I won't have my bestest friend, I'd have nothing. Sure, I have family but not my first sister."

"Leo-"

"Let me finish. Please. You have to live, Des. You save our butts literally every day. You are the one who can end any argument between any of us. You can't die, Des, you just can't." Leo continued.

I watch him carefully, my brown eyes starting to water as I listen to him finish, "Please don't go. Okay? I need you. No one has stuck with me for so long- I mean, other than my mom and other family- but still... You're my best friend and when I look at you- I'm home. I don't want that to go away. So, please don't die, Des." 

I take a deep, shaky breath and smile a little, saying, "If there's ever a day where we're not together, there's something you must remember, I'll always be with you."

Leo immediately hugged me, his frail arms wrapped around my neck, and then stepped back at arm length. "How are you anyway?"

"Honestly, I-I don't know." I murmur, "I just feel like I have a thousand bees buzzing very loudly inside of me- and it hurts..."

"But, you know what's funny? I'm not afraid to die. Actually, I've been thinking about death today. You know we all have to die at some point, some sooner than the others and- and that's okay." I continue with a small nod, "The quality of life isn't measured by how long it's lived..."

I let out a sigh and finish, "And it seems that my body is making an all out run towards death. It's just a constant reminder to have every second that you live mean something; Just doing good and spreading positivity and just putting out into the world what you want the world to return to you."

"Des, I already told you- You are not going to die, not as long as we're around." Leo started.

"Leo..." I start and then add, "The more I embrace it, rather than fight it... I think the more at peace I will be and the more I will enjoy the life that has been given to me."

A single tear fell down the boy's cheek as he sighed with a nod. I look down and continue to walk down the hallway, leaving him alone.

Chase was the one who found me next. I sit down on the small couch with a slight pained grunt as he sat beside me, our knees touching. "Chase... I love you- I always have and always will... I just had to let you know."

"You know I love you, too. Des, you have to keep fighting- You can't die. I need you. You are the only one who truly understands me and- and I just... I just can't lose you, okay?" Chase replied.

Our faces were centimeters from each other's. "We have to let each other go." I whispered sadly.

"I don't want to let you go- not again- I won't do it, I can't do it." Chase said.

"I don't want to let you go, but I'm already gone... I can feel it. I love you, and I thank God for the time that we had," I reply, "You know, something happened today... I realized something about you, about us..."

"What would that be? That we just can't find that way to be together?" Chase murmured, a sad smile forming on his lips.

"What we had- have- is the most real thing that I've ever felt in my life. You know that I trust you. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here. I want to fight for you, for us...." I comment, "You're the one who always cares- That's one of the things I like about you... I don't want to lose any of you guys... I don't want to lose you- again."

"You're not going to lose me. We're a team. We get through this together 'cause that's what we do. Just have faith in us, in me. I won't let you die. You're my world, I know, cliché thing to say, but it's true... I love you." Chase replied.

He leaned in closer and kissed me on the lips, shyly at first but then with more confidence, our eyes closed; I kiss him back.

We slowly part, our foreheads now resting against one another's, both breathless.

"I-I have to go... find my dad..." I slowly  murmur, still a bit dazed from that kiss as was he. I stand back up and walk out of the room.

*Zelda's POV*

I smirked and looked at my special bracelet, in each gem on the bracelet, a friend of Destiny's and her father was inside it. "Now, I just need to trap Chase- and then Destiny will be finished." I murmur.

Inside of the red and yellow gems, Douglas and Donald pounded their fists on it in desperation. "Leave Des alone, Zelda!"

"Oh, don't worry, guys. I won't have to mess with her 'cause she's dying all on her own, slowly and painfully." I remark with a nod and a knowing smile.

"No!" Adam, Bree, Leo, and David exclaimed. I laugh at their struggle to escape out of my high-tech charm bracelet.

***

I look around the main room just as Chase entered the room also, starting, "Where is everyone, Chase?"

"I- don't know." Chase murmured while moving over to the cyberdesk and tried calling his siblings and father. But, of course, no one answered. "That's weird. Their GPS signals are blocked, so we can't track them."

"Surprise, Destiny." Zelda spoke up on the monitor. She held up a charm bracelet which showed our family trapped in the different colored gems, "Missing your family?"

"Zelda, let them go!" I state, staggering forward as Chase caught me and now had his arm wrapped around my waist, holding me up.

"No can do, Des. But if you want them back, find me- and come alone." Zelda replied with a devious smirk.

"Why are you doing this?" I questioned.

"You already know the answer. After all, I've been inside your mind for years." Zelda answered, "You have an hour. Oh, and enjoy the rock trolls from your realm, Des."

"Rock trolls?" Chase and I repeat while exchanging a look just as the monitor went black. 

"Oh no." I murmur as five small purple portals opened and the ten foot tall forest trolls from Aerofexus appeared around Chase and myself.

"Friends of yours?" Chase asked me curiously.

"Nope." I briefly explain, "They're forest trolls and from my home realm- nasty creatures who happens to not like me or my parents."

"Awesome." He murmured, still holding my hand. I use my free hand and destroy one of the five trolls with my earth ability, the vibrations shattering my wrist as I let out a cry of pain. "Des! You okay?"

"I totally forgot. Without my healing ability, my earth ability backfires on me every time I use it." I comment, holding my fractured wrist in my left hand, "And my earth ability is the only thing that destroys these trolls."

"That's why Zelda brought them here." Chase replied, his energy bo staff appearing in his hand. "To weaken you even more." I nod in agreement, still watching the forest trolls.

Chase stepped in front of me protectively and twirled his staff around him and pointed it at the rocky forest trolls.

He was fighting them off pretty good until the trolls finally learned his fighting technique and used it against him. Chase was getting beat up.

"Chase." I start to take a step forward but immediately feel lightheaded and nauseous; I ignore my pain and step over to Chase and help him to his feet while also hitting the trolls with my earth ability, shattering the bones in my hand even more.

The forest trolls was now clumps of rocks on the floor, defeated. I finally drop to my knees on the floor, holding my wrist in my hand, even weaker than before.

Chase knelt in front of me and gently took my hurt wrist into his hand and used his bionic eye to scan it. "Yeah, it's definitely broken. Come on." He helped me back onto my feet and held me up, his arm around my waist.

Zelda appeared in front of us, a smirk clearly worn on her face. "Hey, Chasey, time for you to join your family."

Before both of us could react, she disappeared and reappeared beside Chase's other side and held his shoulder, making the two of them disappear as I fall on my knees on the floor. "Chase!"

I slowly stand back up and move over to the cyber desk, my legs felt like jelly; I finally reach the desk and lean against it, pressing a few buttons as a hidden compartment opened up and revealed two gray gauntlet gloves.

I slide them over my hands, putting them on; The gauntlets stopped at my arms, a little below elbow length. These were to designed to help with my earth ability and also helps heal from the vibrations of the ability.

I slide my finger across the screen of the cyberdesk as it revealed an adrenaline injection. "This will either kill me or give me enough strength to save my family- I'm choosing family."

"Oh, God, things I do for them..." I tentatively move the needle over to my arm, fixing to inject it and finally do it. I collapse onto the floor, my heart starting to beat very fast and I actually feel full of energy.

"Whoo!" I let out and sit up quickly, standing back up, and then geo-leap to my old house and look around the place. "What am I up to? Kind of hard chasing me without my sneaky side." I remark.

Zelda appeared behind me and shot out blue electricity from her hand to me as I duck quickly and look at her. She smirked and continued blasting her electric power at me as I dodge it.

I flip over the counter and crouch behind one end of it as she walked on the other side of the counter.

Zelda blasted a vase on top of the countertop above me as I dove towards the orange couch and fell on it on my stomach, my face hitting a pillow.

"Oh, I wish I could just rest here." I groaned and then lift my head a bit over the back of the couch and look around the room.

Zelda reappeared a few feet from me near the staircase and threw her hand outwards, blasting the couch as I roll off of it quickly and land on the floor while part of the couch exploded.

"Okay, maybe I don't care about the kitchen, but now you've messed with my couch!" I exclaimed while slightly pointing at the still smoking couch.

I stood up onto my feet and shot an orange energy beam from my hand at her as she deflected it with her blue electricity ability.

We couldn't hold the power up and released each other. She ran around the table as I follow and stop her. "Hey! You are a very ugly side of me and it is time to go."

"Sure." Zelda grinned and leaped into the air, disappearing to somewhere else.

I groaned, "Aw. Why didn't I see myself doing that?" I ran and leapt in the air and geo-leaped to where she was at, landing on a metal platform and hit my head against a metal pole. I fall on my back and grunted.

"Watch out for the bars." Zelda sarcastically commented.

"Don't get cute. I'm the cute one." I remark and stand back up, chasing after her and then finally tackle her.

I go to punch her but she blocks it and my other swing, and then Zelda finally kicks me in the gut and flips me over her; I land on my back as we both roll on our stomachs and look at each other.

"Oh, this is going to be fun." Zelda commented as we stood back up. She started to run away as I kick her in the back, making her flip. But before she fell, she geo-leaped away and onto the next platform above myself.

I follow her and land behind while she was still on the floor. "You're right. This is fun." I run and climb two of the bars, kicking her back just as she had stood back up.

Zelda faced me and we began to fight again, both of us blocking each other's punches and kicks. She went to push me off of the platform just as I grabbed onto the railing with both of my hands and swung my whole body back around and kicked her off of the platform.

Zelda was falling and then she disappeared and reappeared behind me as I look at her. "Over here." She remarked. I shoot her with a laser sphere as Zelda collapsed into dark dust, dropping the charm bracelet.

I let out a sigh. "I didn't think it would be this hard to kick my own butt," I complain and ran over to the bracelet on the floor and pick it up, seeing my family inside of the gems.

I geo-leap away then; Zelda reappeared and smirked with a shake of her head. "Always underestimating me." She commented.

I appear in the bell tower that overlooked the town, noticing that Chase wasn't in one of the gems.

I look around and notice the hazel eyed boy unconscious on the floor a few feet from me. I knelt beside the boy and shake him slightly. "Chase! Chase, wake up! I'm so sorry."

I look up and notice a familiar boy standing above us. "What did you do?" I demanded.

"I put your boyfriend down." Mason replied.

"Mason, why are you even helping Zelda? I thought you were a good person, a superhero." I comment, the adrenaline finally coming to an end in my system.

"I've always been a villain- and Zelda knew that too. You see, we planned this whole thing from the beginning. We would meet privately. She made sure you wouldn't remember any of it." Mason began.

"And then you and Douglas started to build that machine to bring you to your home realm. Little did you two know, I had changed the machine in secret to make it a particle splitter. That's why you and I are finally separated." Zelda spoke up from behind me, her hand glowing blue as it was pointed at me.

"Hand over the bracelet." Mason stated as I give him the charm bracelet. "Now, finish her, Zelda." He walked away then.

I muster up more energy and flip backwards and over her and landed behind her while quickly shooting her with another laser sphere.

Zelda disappeared then as I muttered, "That had to destroy her that time."

"Oh, Des, catch!" Mason called out while holding the bracelet over the railing.

"Hey, I think I can see Tokyo from up here." Adam commented from the green gem.

Mason dropped the bracelet as I ran over to the railing and threw my hand outwards towards it and used my molecularkinesis to pull my trapped family back up and finally grabbed it into my hands.

I feel the pulsing energy off of the bracelet and set them free of it by my energy transference ability. "You guys okay?"

"We're fine." They assured.

"Clearly, I can't defeat the great Destiny Moore or Quake might I say." Mason started just as Chase hit him from behind, knocking him out.

We look over at the hazel eyed boy as he shrugged. "It was no surprise. Everyone knew I never liked him anyway." Chase commented as I grin and hug him tightly.

"Aw, a happy family moment." Zelda spoke up as everyone looked over at her. "Ugh, gross."

I stagger in front of my family and was even closer to Zelda now; My face was pale, sweat beaded off of my forehead, the unbearable pain had somehow managed to triple. "In order to save everyone, both of us aren't going to win." I mutter sadly.

"What are you talking about?" Zelda asked, her eyes narrowed as she watched me warily.

"You're not real like us. You were from energy, from my energy." I answer, my hands now glowing a dark orange.

"No, no, no! You can't do this!" Zelda complained. "You'll be killing yourself."

"I'm already dying. I made my peace with that." I reply and then absorb my double's energy.

"Des!"

Zelda was now a black, smoky mist as I continue to absorb that as well; It disappeared inside of me with a blinding light.

I slowly start to fall as someone immediately ran up behind me and caught me in their arms. The two of us was now on the floor, me still in his arms. It was Chase.

I barely could keep my eyes open. It hurt too much to move and this was it. David knelt down beside us. "Des-"

"Dad- Daddy... I-I-I love you... I love all of yo-you..." I speak up so weakly, my voice frail. I reach out and hold my father's hand as he tightened the grip.

My body starts to go limp as my hand falls out of his hands and onto the floor. I push my power further and think one final telepathic thought to an old family friend of my foster family, the Moores. He's somewhat of a superhero.

Lash, I need you.

A large, muscular, gray skinned man with shoulder-length, spiky hair appeared behind the group around the brunette, feeling her pain. He had no shirt on but had on pants and combat boots, which was part of the superhero look.

"Step back- all of you." Lash spoke up, his voice deep. Everyone's heads turned to look at the strange man who immediately started to walk over to Destiny.

"Who are you?" Douglas, Donald, and David asked in unison, not wanting to leave their daughter's side.

"A friend of Destiny's." Lash simply answered, blasting the seven people away from the halfway unconscious girl.

They fell on the floor a few feet from the two of them as Lash knelt on one knee and hovered his hand over Destiny's chest, a blue kind of fiery energy quickly circled around his hand to all around her chest and waist.

Destiny's body slightly lifted in the air as she grunted in pain but was dropped back onto the floor lightly; She let out an inaudible sigh of relief after one final grunt.

Lash moved his still glowing hands slowly together, destroying the gold energy parasite that had just came from the girl and made the bad energy dissipate into thin air.

He moved his fingers lightly across Destiny's cheek and cupped it as she opened her eyes halfway. "You're okay." He assured as she gave him a small, tired smile.

Lash lifted Destiny into his arms and stood back up, facing her family. He moved over to her father and passed the girl to him as David now carried his daughter in his arms. "She's okay."

"Thank you." David murmured as the group also told the stranger relieved thanks.

Lash nodded and disappeared. Destiny halfway opened her eyes again and smiled a little. "Were you guys worried?" She joked.

"Don't do that again." Leo stated.

"Do what?" Destiny innocently murmured, her voice hoarse but her tone was playful.

"Die! Don't die again." Leo stated.

Destiny stood on her own feet and walked over to her best friend. "I love you too." She hugged him as he hugged her back, the others joining in the hug as well.

Thanks, Lash.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 215 21
We all know the story of Adam, Bree, and Chase. The three bionic superhuman siblings. But what if there was a fourth sibling? Meet Cassandra Davenpor...
30.9K 586 28
When Maddie finds out that here neighbor has three Bionic kids in his basement she gets offered a job. Follow Maddie through working for the famous D...
2.5K 166 16
Harper, now bionic, needs to learn to control her new abilities as a student at the bionic academy, she will count on the help of the entire team to...
117K 2.1K 46
*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined with a brand new team called the Elite Fo...