A Tale of a Rejection

By letmeshine

Rose was a werewolf who had been through a lot in her 18 years of life from loosing a father and taking care... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 part 2
Chapter 8 part 1
Chapter 8 part 2

Chapter 2

1K 24 1
By letmeshine

press that button if you love chocolate!!!  ------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I walked to the end of our driveway till it opened up to the main road a stood there a while but there was no sign of Casey. Our high school was about half an hours walk away from here, I could have easily walked there but it wasn’t considered a safe place out here especially for us. We were different from the average humans as much as it might sound insane we were werewolves. I had my first change when I was seven I wasn’t supposed to change at that time. A normal changing time for a werewolf is seventeen, but I was an exception to that rule. I don’t think of myself as anything special after all it was the circumstances that triggered my change nothing else, my mother had told me that. 

At the age of seven my died it wasn’t any accident that took him away from us, no it was something more horrendous. My father was the alpha of the pack all those years ago, my mother was the Luna our pack was a powerful pack, small yet powerful only holding a total of fifty wolves. But everything changed that fateful day the day each and everyone of my pack members was murdered before my eyes. My mother was also dying while my father still fought on trying to protect us, it was when both my parents life was in danger that my wolf came out. 

So lost in thought that I didn’t see where I was heading, until a hand grabbed my forearm stopping me. Startled I turned around it was Liam, Casey’s twin brother .

“Watch where your going alright, you almost hit my car!” he shouted at me , I flinched a little and tried to back away but due to his tight hold on me I couldn’t.

“What the heck were you thinking walking in the middle of the road like that?”, he asked me calming down a bit. I tried to think of something but nothing came to my mind I didn’t even know I was walking

“I don’t know” I told him defeated “I’m sorry Liam I didn’t know what I was thinking I’m sorry if I caused you any trouble” I spoke in a sincerely he was taking deep breaths 

“its all right just don’t do that again I could have hit you and Casey wouldn’t be so understanding about that” instantly a flash of Casey strangling her brother came to me mind 

“Yeah your right about that and thanks for not hitting me, it wouldn’t have killed me but it would have taken weeks for me to heal” I smiled at him now. 

“No problem”

“and um another thing Liam”

“yeah what is it?”

“Could you let go of me now, your using all of your strength and I cant move”

“Oh right” he immediately let go and cleared his throat, and combed his hand through his hair. He had the same sparking blue eyes as Casey but his hair was a bit darker that constantly covered his eyes.

“Oh sorry about that Rose, I guess I’ll be going now, see you at school” with that he went back to his car and drove away. Well isn’t tonight full of surprises and what’s with all the incidents with cars? Soon enough I heard another car honking behind me 

“Not again”, I groaned but Casey’s voice soon reached my ears.

“Good its just you” I sighed with a relief

“What’s that supposed to me?” she asked me as I ambled toward her red mini cooper. 

“well you see…” I recounted the incident with that stranger and her brother leaving about that part where Liam grabbed me too hard, well its not like it mattered. After I was done I slumped onto the plush car seat and enjoyed the wind that blew my hair. 

“Argh I’m going to kill that stupid idiot”

“Huh which idot” I asked a bit confused “you cant mean that stranger right I barely spoke a sew words to him”

“No not him my stupid brother” she spoke while gritting her teeth together 

“Case you know you won’t kill him but please don’t hurt him either” I spoke quickly while noting the sparkle in her eyes 

“he only helped me I was the one walking in the middle of the road” I tried reasoning with her but still she didn’t look convinced. So I went to my last resort. Making the most innocent face I could  and widened my eyes

“Pretty please with a huge cherry on top” I pouted. 

“Oh not that face again ” she said 

“Alright alright I give in I won’t hurt him you know I cant resist that face”

“Good” I replied closing my eyes

“Your such a child you know that Rose” she pointed out

“Only with you sister, only with you”

                                                ********

We reached the parking lot of the school, after another fifteen minutes, it was full of students both wolves and humans. A few years ago there were separate school for us but the elders found that by keeping the young away from the humans, the hostility between us grew more and that would later turn to hatred. I had first hand experience of that hate and that loathing. So after years of consultation it was decided that both the humans and the wolves were to be brought together.

And the best method was join the both together, of course we were more stronger and faster so either some of us didn’t take P.E and took another subject instead or were placed in the advanced placement program in order to remove any suspicions. Luckily Casey was able to grab a parking spot close to the front, for which she had to scare a couple of freshman. As soon as she got out of the car she was greeted with some of the members of the while I was left alone. The thing was while I was easily myself with Casey and to some extent Liam I could never fully open up to the other members of the pack. 

Most still saw me as the outsider who they were forced to accept and didn’t help the pack in any way. In a way they were true, mother never fully recovered from dad’s death and the  loss of a mate had left her heartbroken, but not only that the slaughter of her pack right before her eyes left her in a depressed sort of state. Although she tried hard to raise me the best she could in the end I wanted to make it easier for her and matured at a very young age. Mother’s health prevented her from participating with the pack and we had masked our scents to protect ourselves, so no one was able to tell that either I had alpha blood nor that mother was a Luna. All that left us to the pack’s mercy of the pack and though the alpha continued to assist the members did not.

Their aloofness was clear from how their children behaved towards me, Casey was one of the friends I had who didn’t share similar views. Still towards those who disliked me, the feeling was mutual the wouldn’t try to befriend me nor would I befriend them and the odds worked in my favour I was the social type, I would rather prefer to be alone than rambling with someone else. I walked towards the main office to get my schedule and locker number, all the while no one gave a second glance like an invisible ghost treading through them. As much as I tried to ignore it but deep down it hurt, it really did. 

The office was very large with a waiting room so the students could sit. I too took a number and sat down. Thankfully the wait wasn’t long before my number was called and I was greeted with Mrs. Ronald, she was a sweet woman in her fifties and one of the few who didn’t think like the majority.

“Hello Mrs. Ronald its good to see you again” I greeted her

“Rose Dear! Its you I haven’t seen you in a long time, how are you dear. How were your holidays? I bet you had a lot of fun and oh how rude of me I didn’t ask about your mother. How is she? Is she well? Did you try that remedy I told you about! I got it from the pack doctor ….” Argh I had forgotten how she likes to ramble on and on I thought as I put a smile on my face and nodded alongside her. Well at least its better then someone glaring at me. When she finally finished I heaved a sigh of relief, but she was looking at me with expectant eyes. Great she wants me to answer her question while I can’t even remember half of them!!

“I’m good and uh… my mothers fine too, but can I get my schedule the bell is about to ring soon” saved by the bell, or the one that’s about to ring 

“How silly of me dear, let me get them for you” with that she was off shuffling through the papers until she got hold of mine  

“Here you go child, it seems that we won’t be able to catch up, right now so why don’t you come around later whenever your free alright. Don’t be a stranger now, okay off you go” she smiled

“Thanks you Mrs. Ronald I’ll see you later than” I answered her and was on my way.

I put the papers close to my chest and snaked my way through the hundreds of students that were walking in the hallway when I reached a fairly open stop did I get a chance to look at my schedule.

Locker number 1045

Great my locker is the end of the building! I thought but maybe its better this way at least I won’t get caught in the stampede. Next was my class schedule 

 home room 1

AP Biology   room 202

AP Maths     room 107

AP Physics    room 102 

-break –

 AP History      room 321

AP Chemistry   room 233

AP English         room 331

Advanced P.E     

I had the same homeroom as last year and fairly the same classes except for art which I only had on Tuesdays and Fridays. I had gotten all AP classes and that was a good start I wonder what classes Casey got? I guess her name had some sort of taboo because as soon as I thought her name she was right in front of me

“how did you do that ” I asked

“Do what, ooo you got your schedule let me see” she jumped and snatched the piece of paper from my hand. After examining for a few seconds her face brightened 

“You got all AP classes that’s great” 

“Thanks but what about you?”  

“I did too well almost, I didn’t get AP math but unlike you I suck at it so I’m happy” she grinned 

“you don’t suck at it you got a 77 on the last exam didn’t you and  I’m not that good either”

“Yeah a 77  because Mikey let me copy of him and how much did you get hmm” she persisted

“a 95” I mumbled

“what I didn’t heat you rose”

“a 95 ” I spoke a little louder

“What? I still cant hear you Rose” she spoke while cupping her ear

“I said a 95!” a shouted, some passing students looked at me like I was mad and shook their heads when they saw it was me

“sheesh Rose you didn’t have to shout you know” she said rubbing her ear

“Okay I got your point I’m good at Math now do we have any classes together”

“yeah four : history, biology, English and P.E ” she replied, “So I guess don’t have some room together, sucks right” she continued

“Yeah it does” I agreed, “common lets go to our lockers ” I said checking the time only five minutes were left to the bell.

“Hey Rose where are you taking me ?” Casey questioned 

“To our lockers”

“My locker is in the front of the building”

“Oh right, I guess I’ll see you later then ” I spoke a bit deflated that just had to separate like that didn’t they.

“Yeah see you” and she was off. When I was halfway through to my locker the bell rang

“Shoot ” and I began racing towards the homeroom, I guess my locker will have to wait.  

 Authors's note 

chapter 2 uploaded!! so i put a little bit more of werewolf background here, the first chapters are just the basic intro so be readyto meet a lot of new characters and learn about their past. Also the rejection part won't begin till these first 8 to 10 chapters i think. i just want to develop the story and go from there.

so if there is anyone who wants that to be a  bit early do tell me :)

and please remember to vote and comment anf like

xoxoxo shay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265 24 16
Rose is trying to figure out her new life after finding out shes a werewolf with two mates who don't get along.
1.5M 38.8K 24
Reese endured the hatred of everyone from her pack after her parents were murdered, everyone's fingers were pointed Reese as they blamed her. It all...
221K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
617K 16.6K 44
(C O M P L E T E D NOV 18) Ruby is a young wolf with wild mood swings and short tempers. Her life revolves around her best friends and her struggle...