uninvited

Por ShawMcKnight

Is the end of the world near? The answer to that might be closer than we thought. One thing is for sure, th... Más

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twentyone
chapter twentytwo
chapter twentythree
chapter twentyfour
chapter twentyfive
chapter twentysix
chapter twentyseven
chapter twentyeight
chapter twentynine
chapter thirty
chapter thirtyone
chapter thirtytwo
chapter thirtythree
chapter thirtyfour
chapter thirtyfive
chapter thirtysix
chapter thirtyseven
chapter thirtyeight
chapter thirtynine
chapter fortyone
chapter fortytwo
chapter fortythree
chapter fortyfour
chapter fortyfive
chapter fortysix
chapter fortyseven
chapter fortyeight
chapter fortynine
chapter fifty
chapter fiftyone
chapter fiftytwo
chapter fiftythree
chapter fiftyfour
chapter fiftyfive
chapter fiftysix
chapter fiftyseven
chapter fiftyeight
chapter fiftynine
chapter sixty
chapter sixtyone
chapter sixtytwo
chapter sixtythree
chapter sixtyfour
chapter sixtyfive
unwanted

chapter forty

1.2K 110 7
Por ShawMcKnight

undiscovered

The next day she caught glances of him but never actually got close enough to speak to him.

Her friends were driving her insane with their neediness. During lunch, she had to baby sit Meg. That girl didn't seem to understand she was Julian's person not hers.

She also didn't understand that Jess didn't handle crying, pain in the ass females well.

Having caught Julian's pleaded look to be nice, she had somehow managed to put up with as much as she could.

Then she had to deal with Laney. Poor girl got her mark right in the middle of class.

Jess had missed all that fun and had been on her way to her own class, and her own guy, when the freaked-out girl found her.

Did these girls not know her at all? Was there no one else they could go to?

Laney was so upset Jess had to take her home.

Her dads were great but very protective and clingy. They were both a crying mess over the whole thing. One whining about how he was losing his baby and the other one pure outright bawling over losing his baby.

It would have been funny if... no, it was funny. She wasn't shy about laughing at both of them.

Their kid was only seventeen. Just turned seventeen and wasn't going anywhere.

Their kid, after her freak out, was floating on cloud nine. Sure, she was embarrassed it happened in front of everyone. She was mortified to face Brady ever again, but she was on cloud nine just the same. Mated to Brady Shaw. Yeah, who wouldn't be in heaven right now?

The shy girl went from not believing it happened to dancing around the house.

Her dads just cried more.

Two humans, mated. Both with the marks to prove it. How did that happen?

Kellum's people were so confused she heard he'd been called from classes for a meeting. If Jess knew anything about the advisors, then she knew they'd have their panties in a bunch. Two humans mated, meant two of their kind not mated.

She stayed till dinner trying to help Laney figure out what to say to Brady. Or at least that's why Laney thought she stuck around.

Jess stuck around so she could laugh at Laney's dads a little longer.

At dinner, she was surprised to see Kellum there. It was the first time he'd joined her family in the community cafeteria. Since everyone had shown up and he was late, she didn't even get to sit next to him.

If she hadn't been sore about not getting to spend any time with him, she would have enjoyed him being stuck between Laney's dad's and Aunt Sarah.

The dads were still carrying on like a reproduction of Father of the Bride and her aunt Sarah was all caught up in it and playing the overprotective guardian. She'd even ask Kell what his intentions were.

Jess was thankful when she couldn't hear his reply. Thank God, Julian, Godrick, and Prick were loudly talking about a game they had plan for this weekend. She couldn't care less but they were loud enough to drown out the other conversation going on.

The problem was it was driving her crazy that he was so close but not close enough. That she was going crazy over that was making her crazy.

Other than that, it was kind of a nice and cozy feeling. Not long ago she didn't know most of these people and now they were family. Close friends.

Everybody was healing. Building new lives. Don't get her wrong, there was still traces of pain in most of the eyes around her, but they were all finding away.

And it was because they had each other.

"Jess, you haven't forgotten, have you? You'll still go see Brady, right? After dinner?"

Kellum waited for her answer. She felt his eyes. He was like her, wondering when they were going to get a moment together.

Jess offered a shrug. She was duty bound this evening to check up on Laney's love interest. See, this is when having friends sucked.

"I haven't and I will."

That's how she ended up at the studio, hashing out a song. It became an obsession with the both of them that lasted late into the night. She didn't have to ask Brady how he felt about all of this, the answer was there in the song they'd written. It could have been hers.

It was about being on the edge. About being ready to take the fall.

Tired and high on knowing she'd just created something that could dig it's claws into a listener and leave an impact; she could no longer sit still. She'd forgotten how amazing that felt.

"Later, love. I must crash. Or write another. I don't know which yet."

That's exactly how she felt. Except there was a third option.

He was waiting for her. She didn't know how long he'd been there, it just mattered that he was.

Kellum took her hand. He didn't pop her home, they walked. Anything to drag out the time they had together.

"Upset it took so long?"

"I told you that I do not think it is possible to be upset with you."

"I hope you don't think it will be the same with me. I'll probably be mad at you all the time. You're too unreasonable to not get mad at."

"When am I unreasonable?"

"You actually had swimsuits banned."

He gave his half smile. "I told you I was."

"See unreasonable. Most guys like to see their girlfriends in as little as possible."

He pulled her closer, his look warm and tender.

"You know you can't ban them, right? What are you going to do, imprison us for great tans?"

"Maybe I cannot but I can make sure to burn all of them, and I can make sure no more are made."

Catching her fist, he kissed it and tucked it close.

Exhaling, she rested her head on his shoulder. She wasn't really upset about it. At least not while it was still so chilly outside.

All she could think about is that he'd waited for her. They were alone. Once she got home, he'd kiss her good night.

She knew he was thinking of the last two as well.

"I wasn't trying to stay away today." She confessed.

"I know."

"What did you think of my aunt?"

"All good things. I do not think she knows what to make of me."

"You didn't tell her your intentions were little alien babies, did you?"

"No. She told me her sister would have kept me on my toes and walking a straight line."

"She would have been crazy about you. Maybe. Or maybe she would have gone out of her way to make sure we were never alone. She always hoped Julian and I would be together. She trusted him, and like me, she didn't trust many."

"I would have earned her trust, just like I will earn yours."

"She was a tough nut to crack."

"Like her daughter?"

"Nah. I'm a big ole softy compared to mom. What about your mom and dad?"

"You would not have cared for them much."

"Meaning they wouldn't have cared for me much?"

"They were a lot like the advisors. All business."

"Uh oh. They definitely wouldn't have liked me. They would have wanted better for you."

"Better for me than the one made for me? Not possible. They would have accepted you; they just would not have been close to you. I rarely saw them myself."

"What do you think about Brady and Laney? How is that even possible?"

"We are unsure. In the end, it does not matter. They are meant to be."

Jess smiled having called that one. "I saw both. They appeared just like Macie's, just different in design. More elaborate. A bunch of circles."

"Any way that they are the first in the history of your world to find their true mate?"

"We are fucked up, but we can't be that fucked up. My grandparents adored each other. Were married for forty-two years. Had two children and six grandchildren. That had to be real."

"Of course, it was. I am just glad this Brady Shaw has his own girl so he will leave mine alone."

"Is that why you were waiting for me? Afraid I would have a make out session?"

"I was afraid I would not be able to make it through the night if I did not get to spend time with you."

Her footsteps stopped, still blocks from home. The streets dark and empty.

She knew this kiss would be as awesome as the last and she'd be swept away. The boy could kiss her senseless like it was no body's business.

By the time, he eased away she was barely standing up right and they were back in her room.

She loved the wonder in his eyes. She loved seeing how much he wanted to pull her back into his arms. And such nice arms.

How could someone with so little experience be so freaking amazing at it?

Jess kicked off her shoes, wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him one more soul scorching kiss, then went over to her bed and fell into it.

She was exhausted. Happy.

Raising her head, she cracked open an eye so she could look at him. Yeah, she was happy. He was hot and life was good.

That was a big change from the norm here lately.

"You want me in school tomorrow you better mosey your fine ass out of here and let me get some sleep."

She snuggled into the center of her bed and sigh. "You want to win boyfriend of the year you need to figure out how to switch beds with me and you need to show up in the morning with a French vanilla latte on ice."

Within seconds she was out of it and missed the tender kiss he pressed to her forehead.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.1M 17.4K 83
There's no reason. No explanation. No scientific function, for what is about to happen. No one knows who, or when or where or why. But it's going to...
195K 12.5K 48
Sophie's future is planned out for her. Having just outgrown her studies and Job Placement in a few months, her path is straight and clear. But when...
57.1K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
6.6K 181 7
Have you ever wondered why you share such a deep connection with a particular person? What if that person were your soulmate? Lia Russo sees Matthew...