The Heart Can See (Completed)

By random_insight

They say the Heart has Reasons of which Reasons know nothing of. They also say we try to hide our feelings b... More

Prologue
Day 1 - Sunday Before Monday
Day 2 - The Newsroom
Day 3 - News Anchor
Day 4 - Coffee and Copy
Day 5 - Ano'ng Balita?
Day 6 - Who You?
Day 7 - Negotiations
Day 8 - Easy on a Sunday
Day 9 - What's the Score?
Day 10 - Breaking News
Day 11 - It Had To Be You
Day 12 - 15 Minutes of Fame
Day 13 - Déjà vu
Day 14 - Who Are You?
Day 15 - Transistor Radio
Day 16 - Manic Monday
Day 17 - The Good Heart
Day 18 - Avoidance Dance
Day 19 - Dead Air
Day 20 - Eye of the Typhoon
Day 21 - Reprieve
Day 21b - Got My Eyes Set On You
Day 22 - To The Rescue
Day 23 - Freeze Frame
Day 24 - Missing Your Heart
Day 25 - Cross Talk
Day 25b - On Cue
Day 26 - Back in the Saddle
Day 26b - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Day 27 - The Heart Has Reasons
Day 27b - ...Of Reasons Know Nothing Of
Day 28 - I Love You Sabado
Day 28b - #THCSAngPaghaharap
Day 29 - #THCSDayOff
Day 30 - Lead Story
Day 31 - Late News, Late Dinner
Day 31b - News break: First Date
Day 32 - Ginalingan
Day 33 - Bawal ang Sad Today
Day 33b - Eyes Wide Open
Day 34 - Happy News
Day 35 - Good Morning, Sunshine!
Day 35b - Challenge Accepted
Day 36 - Never On A Sunday
Day 36b ...Cause That's My Day of Rest
Day 37 - Investigative Reporting 101
Day 38 - Can You Read My Mind?
Day 39 - Mata sa Mata
Day 40 - In A Heartbeat
Day 41 - Smile
Day 42 - On the Road
Day 42b - Blink of an Eye
Day 43 - Somewhere Out There
Day 43b - The Heart of the Matter
Day 44 - Ten Years Mark the Time
Day 45 - Focus, Focus
Day 46 - Points of View
Day 47 - Tip of the Iceberg
Day 48 - News Flash
Day 48b - News Item
Day 49 - News Archive
Day 50 -Now I See the Light
Day 51 - One Plus One Equals Two
Day 51b - Solve for X
Day 52 - Race Against Time
Day 53 - In the Nick of Time
Day 54 - Case Closed
Day 55 - Blind Proof
Day 55b - Pamanhikan 2.0
Day 56 - Family
Day 56b - Jealous Guy
Day 57b - Wedding Night
Day 58 - Closures
Day 59 - Seeing Eye to Eye
Day 60 - The Heart Can See
Epilogue

Day 57 - Looking through the Eyes of Love

5.4K 595 68
By random_insight

A/N: Bakit late na naman si otor? Eto na nga, now I know why I avoided writing wedding vows in both OLSL and TWY, dinugo ang ilong ko! Sinubukan ko nang itulog para mapanaginipan, wa epek! I still ended up uploading the update late.

I tell you, the struggle is very real! As in dalandal real! But I know that just this once, the story calls for it. So here goes.

Kaya alam n'yo na, dahil kinulang tayo ng oras, may update po ulit mamaya.

Alden Richard Faulkerson and Maine Mendoza got married by the lone Narra tree in the garden of the groom's ancestral home. Exactly fifty-seven (57) days after then met again.

With minimal fuzz, minimal decoration, just the two them and the people that matters, their immediate family and close friends.

Just the way they wanted it. Just the way it should be.

Hindi pa man, RJ is already teary-eyed as he watch Maine walks toward where he is standing, waiting, not believing that this special day will come in his lifetime.

That he will tie the knot with the very same person who matters most outside of parents. The one person he thought he'll never see again. They have come full circle. She's walking to him, maybe without her sight but definitely with her whole heart.

He can't wish for more.

This is it Menggay. No turning back. Just keep walking. I'm here waiting.

And as I watch you walk towards me, I can't help but remember a girl who braved it out and comforted a boy who had already given up on life, who had already given up on his heart. My life was dark and gloomy then, but in the short span of time that I came to know you, hindi ako magsasawang sabihin sa 'yo, binalik mo yung kulay sa mundo ko.

And now meeting you and falling for you after 10 years of looking, my life is now in living colors. It's only right and fitting that I will give to you my eyes, my heart and everything that I can have and I can offer, today and for the rest of my days.

Even if she has not regained her full vision yet, she must have imagined what I was thinking and doing because she smiled and raised her eyebrow. Alam kong ayaw mo ng drama Menggay ko, pero pasensiya na, hindi ko yata mapipigilan.

---------------------

Today, Maine insisted that she will walk alone, slowly but surely, to the lone figure in front that matters. Yes, pinilit niya, makulit lang. However, she did not tell them but she's now starting to see shadows and figures, so it's not all darkness. She wants to surprise her husband-to-be later.

While she makes her way amid the people they both love, she thinks of their journey to this day, knowing that he's thinking about it too. Hindi ko man nakikita, sigurado ko, mangiyak-ngiyak ka na naman 'no? Don't worry mahal, hindi lang ikaw. So she smiles with matching taas ng kilay.

Malapit na 'ko, Tisoy. Konting hakbang na lang, huwag lang akong madadapa. Pero alam ko naman, andiyan ka para itayo at alalayan ako.

Did I tell you that I love how our minds work together, how we challenge each other, how we fight, literally and figuratively and then make up after? Did I also tell you that I love your jealousy because I know I matter to you? Well alam ko namang sakto lang.

At aminado naman ako, I can be impulsive at times. But you ground me, you really do. I love. So whatever time God will allow us to have together, be it a week, a month, a year or a decade more, know that I will cherish every moment.

Finally, after what seems like forever of walking with heart racing, she's suddenly in front of him. She felt RJ taking her hand, guiding her so they could stand together in front of the solemnizing officer.

The music stopped.

It's time for the ceremony to start...... "We're gathered here today....".

Then the I do's.

Then came the awaited highlight of the wedding. 

Their wedding vows.

RJ:

"Pagpasensiyahan n'yo na po at mahaba ito. Minsan lang naman kaya pagbigyan n'yo na."

He faced his bride, his wife.

"Menggay, alam kong ayaw mo ng drama pero pagbigyan mo na ko. Tutal naka-oo ka na kanina. Misis na kita."

"I know that our journey to this special day is more of an exception than the rule. It has only been 57 days since our paths crossed again after 10 years. While others would want to take their time, get to know each other better, wait for their love to mature, we charged on."

"Kung yung sa iba marathon, sa atin ay sprint. Not because we want to rush things but because we might not have the time others have. Alam ko kahit ikaw nabigla but thank you for taking this leap of faith with me. Saan man tayo dalhin, gaano man kahaba o kaikli yung magiging paglalakbay nating dalawa bilang mag-asawa, maging masaya man, malungkot, maingay, tahimik, magulo, magkatampuhan man, basta magkasama, alam kong walang hindi tayo makakaya."

"Yes, I'm not promising that our days will all be reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, indigos, and violets, yes, not everyday will be rainbow-colored, sometimes it will be grey and black and gloomy. So whatever color our world may turn out to be on a single day, I will be there with you and for you all the way. You know why? Because I love you, and I cannot imagine not spending my remaining days without you. Because not being with you is totally out of the question, it's not even part of the equation."

"Basta Menggay, hinay-hinay lang nang konti sa pagsugod sa disgrasya at pagtalon-talon sa kung saan-saan. Promise, kakayanin ng puso ko yan."

Maine:

"Pa'no yan Tisoy, hindi ko na masyadong hahabaan, sinabi mo na yata lahat."

"Eto na, eto na talaga. Wala nang urungan. Totoo na 'to. Magiging Mrs. Alden Richard Faulkerson na 'ko. Sabi mo nga, kung gaano man o kaikli tayo papayagan ng Diyos na magkasama, so be it."

"Agree ako diyan, let's use whatever time we have to build our memories together. So that when we look back when we're already grey and old, we can say that every week, every day, every hour, every heartbeat mattered. Because you see, I'm still hoping and praying that we will grow old together. Tiwala at dasal lang."

"I eagerly look forward to working with you now as husband and wife, looking forward to our fights, our professional arguments, our never ending discussion in as much as I look forward to making up with you, sleeping and waking up with you, eating with you, laughing with you, cuddling with you, talking to you or just simply being silent with you. I also look forward to the adventures and investigations we will do together, the dangers and the narrow escapes, as long as we're together."

"To put it simply mahal, I love you too and I'm very much looking forward to living and being alive with you and the family we will build together."

And when the time came for the the other highlight, the Wedding Kiss, the groom let the bride take the lead, just as they practiced it.

A/N:Mamaya na po ang post-wedding scenes.

Thank you DTBY, GMA7-2017 for the wedding pictures (photo credit)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 870 21
Yndrah Alaianth Xanther- a respected professor and successful doctor in medicine. Known for her sharp mind and distant manner. Her cold demeanor echo...
2.3M 79.5K 49
Fairytale Series #1 COMPLETED #Wattys2020 New Adult Dahil sa kagipitan, naging personal doctor si Belle Antonette Flores Del Monte sa halos walang bu...
18.7M 203K 70
You are a sixteen year old high school student living on a house with your Geometry teacher who comes to be your husband. Wow, what a life! © iheartc...
3.7K 67 23
A novel version of Isang Saglit, Isang Tingin one shot written coming up with new plots and characters to be told.