Born Of Ashes

By CarbonMoon

The Unmated Ball only happens once every generation. The next heir to the throne needs a mate! The next just... More

Preface
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
A/N
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
*A/N
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
*A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three
*A/N
Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
The First Burning
*A/N Please Read Me!!!
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cain's Story
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
PLEASE READ ME!!
Update on things!
The Great Tree
Chapter 31
Rewrite

Chapter Eight

82.6K 2.6K 473
By CarbonMoon

Chapter Eight

Robert’s POV

“What do you mean she’s not your daughter?” my eyes narrowed at the old man in front of me.

“I and my wife discovered her in the woods just after the birth of our daughter, Harper, She just a baby that was left in the woods in a pile of ash. So we took her back home and then to see our healer.” He started to explain. “Our healer is a witch and she explained to us that this child would change the fate of the world and that we most protect her.” he sighed deeply. “At the time no one had seen our child, Harper so we took Iris in and said that she was Harper’s twin.”

“So how does she bear the mark of the Iron wolf pack if she is not your daughter?” I asked.

“I accepted her into the pack and the witch performed a spell that trigged the pack link to connect to Iris. At the time we didn’t really understand the importance of Iris but the rogue attack has put our situation into a whole new light.”

“What do you mean?”

“Iris is a Phoenix,” he said looking me straight in the eyes.

“What do you mean? She isn’t a bird that is on fire,” I struggled to understand, running my hands through my hair.

“She is a fire sprit,” he replied.

“Does she know?” I asked.

“No,” he sighed. “I haven’t the heart to tell her,” he said with his head in his hands. “She’s grown up thinking she is a werewolf who has never transformed and I can’t tell her, I really can’t! She’s still my little girl at the end of the day.”

“Daddy you don’t have to tell me,” Iris’s voice met my eyes as the door to the office opened.  I turned to see a tear escape her flickering eyes. “I kind of guessed already,” she came in with Eliza behind her, pity filling her gaze as Alpha John hugged his daughter tightly.

“I am sorry darling for not telling you but I couldn’t!” Alpha John stroked Iris’s hair as she sobbed into his embrace.

“It’s okay,” She cried. “You were all so different to me so I kind of already knew,” she pulled back and gave a weak smile. “Just it is kind of a shock in some ways,” she gave a small laugh.

“How much did you hear?” I asked standing up.

“Not much, just enough to know that I am not the daughter of Alpha John,” she wiped her tears away from her jet black eyes.

“Iris I am going to take you to Abby the witch healer,” Alpha John smiled at his adopted daughter. “She can explain everything better that I can,” he explained. “You are welcome to come your highness,” Alpha John added as he led Iris out.

Iris’s POV

The news wasn’t much of a shock, but the tears that had escaped earlier were just a natural reaction. I was kind of glad that I knew that I wasn’t just their freakish daughter that they hide away from the world.  I didn’t blame them for not telling me, I understood!  

“Alpha John,” Abby the pack healer and local witch greeted us at the door to her old, rickety house. “How may I help you,” she smiled like she already knew.

“I think you know Abby,” my father replied.

Abby looked very young in appearance but if you looked into her blue eyes you could see her true age. She wasn’t 20 like she looked, she was much older. She was a small woman with mid-length honey-wheat hair. Her skin was creamy white with no colour in her cheeks or lips. Today she was dressed in a moss green pixie style dress with a hood.

She grinned. “I deed I do,” she nodded. “I always knew this day would come,” her voice was gruff compared to her sweet appeared. “Come in youngling,” she opened the door further. “Only Iris,” she replied as my father and Robert tried to come in.

I followed her into her dusty house and into her kitchen.

“Please sit,” she nodded to the table in the centre of the room. “We have a lot to talk about before this day is done,” she took out an old fashioned tea pot on the stove. “Would you like some tea dear,” she asked like old ladies do.

“Err yes please,” I smiled.

“Now dear,” she sunk into the chair across from me. “Tell me what happened at the rogue attack,” so I explained the fire power that I had seemed to have developed.

Her youthful face scrunched up into a frown as the kettle sang. “I see,” she got up and poured the tea. She didn’t speak all the while she was making the tea. “Are you sure you want to know what you are dear,” she asked as she placed the bone china cup in front of me.

“Yes,” I said staring at the steaming cup of brown liquid in front of me. Did I really want to know? I was sure that I did but what happens if I couldn’t handle it? What then?

Robert’s POV

I couldn’t stand waiting. I wanted her to be by my side.

 Forever and always!

I paced up and down the dirt covered front yard. The witch’s house was further into the woods than Alpha John’s and the closer you got to it the more nature had closed it grip around it surroundings. In fact the house itself was made from wood, with its white paint flaking off. Nature had begun to take control with ivy wrapping around the house’s body and starting to choke the house with its veins. One of the up floor windows had been smashed in where a branch had punched its way into the room. All in all the house looked sad with nature’s beatings taking its toll.

“You care for my daughter,” it was more of a statement than a question but I couldn’t help but reply.

“She isn’t your daughter,” my wolf began to surface as worry started to set in. He wanted to be near the girl that he wished to mate with and the more time she was away from us the more chance another wolf could claim her.  His thoughts swirled around in my head causing a raging head ache to take control.

“I raised her so therefore she is,” Alpha John replied calmly.

I nodded as I rubbed my temples. “Sorry,” I muttered.

“It is fine, but just remember that she is not a she-wolf and our rules do not apply to her like they do to us. You’re not her Prince and she doesn’t have to accept you as her mate.”

My wolf rattled his cage with fury as I pondered what he had just said. What if he was right? What if she didn’t accept me? I was already becoming attached and once a wolf is attached to a female he’ll chase her to the edge of the world and will never stop pinning for her. I could never be truly happy in less I had her.

I sighed this had got a whole lot more complicated.

Iris’s POV

“If you are sure,” Abby sighed taking her seat and sipping her drink. “Iris John and Mia found you in the woods in a pile of ash. What does that tell you about yourself?” Abby asked watching me closely over the rim of her pink cup.

“I don’t know,” I sighed. “Whoever left me there were freaks?”

Abby chuckled. “No silly,” she shook her head. “You dead there and you were born there,” she smiled at my confused face.

“I don’t understand,” I sipped my tea.

“My dear girl you are a Phoenix,” Abby said.

“What, isn’t that a bird that is on fire?” I puzzled.

“No that is just a story,” she went on. “A real Phoenix is the spirit of fire. There is only one and you my dear child are one.” She explained.

“What do you mean there is only one?”

“I mean just that. There is only one Phoenix and that is you,”

“How can there only be one?” I asked puzzled again.

“Have you heard of the four elements?” Abby asked.

I nodded. “Yeah, Fire, Water, Air and Earth,” I said.

“Well there is five,” she smiled. “The spirit,” she chuckled. “But that is another thing altogether.” She took a sip of her tea before placing our cups in the old worn out sink.

“What have these elements got to do with me being ‘the Phoenix’,” I couldn’t help the mocking tone that seeped through into my words.

“Everything,” she looked surprised as she sat down again. “You are the element of fire, you are not just a controller but you the element itself.” She looked me dead in the eye. “You child are the reason we have fire because you are fire.”

“What happens, then if I die?” I couldn’t believe this woman. I couldn’t be fire itself! I had come to the conclusion this woman was crazy or on crack, or maybe both!

“You don’t die child, you are reborn.” She said. “When you reach a good age you burst into flames and out of the ashes a baby cries and you are born again.” She explained

I puzzled. “What if I am murdered?”

“If you are killed by the hands of man then fire dies with you and it is lost forever,” she explained in a serious tone.

“So I am guessing that I am not the only element,”

“You would be correct,” she nodded. “There is three more and when you all come together, then the fifth element is called.”

“I don’t understand,” I puzzled again. “When we all come together?”

“Yes my dear, you most find the other three elements before they do,” She replied with fear leaking through.

“Who,” I asked puzzled.

“The Immortals,” She replied with fear and rage within her ancient crystal blue eyes.

___________________

Hahahahaha! I love cliff hangers!

I hope you enjoyed and now cursing my name for leaving yet another cliff hanger! *insert evil laugh*

Anyway tell me what you think? Do like what Iris is or do you not approve? I hope you do!

If you have any names for my story please tell me because now I do not think that the name I have fits well. I was thinking: ‘The Girl on fire’ or ‘The Alpha’s Fire girl’ but I don’t know! L

Who is your fav Character comment below my dear readers I would love to know!!

Mine Is Eliza or Abby!!  

Comment, Vote and follow me if you want to know when I am updating or when I am writing that next chapter! I will always put if I am gonna update or when I am writing/ started the next chapter! If I don’t then you know something is wrong like I am ill or doing homework!!

Thank you for all my comments and I do read them all and I do mean all of them! Thank you for voting and also for following! I use to follow back but there was a mass increase and I couldn’t keep up (like in the comments)!!

Oh guys, if you would like to make me a cover, then message me!! I would love you forever!!!!!!!!

Love you all,

Abbie

Xxx

Ps Sorry for any mistakes! I haven’t checked and either has my editor! ;))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770K 41.3K 65
"You're not like the other wolves here, Colton. You're different." Colton was a rogue borne omega; a rarity in the least. Raised in a small, rogue c...
1.5M 48.7K 54
❝He has a heart of stone. I have a heart of glass. I just have to pray mine won't shatter...❞ ******** The werewolf world is brutal. From the moment...
409K 15.1K 40
Every year for the past hundred years, there has been a masquerade ball that was held where all wolves found their mates, in particular, Alpha Landon...
1.1M 24.9K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...