A Dragon In Wolf's Clothing ~...

By dinosaureatsman

" I was raised in snow, but I was born in fire. A bastard has no songs sung for them, but no matter, I am th... More

About
Prologue: Bastards
Chapter One: Direwolves
Chapter Two: Royals
Chapter Three: Lannisters
Chapter Four: Feasts and Disapointment
Chapter Five: Fight
Chapter Six: Betrothed and Legitimised
Chapter Seven: Fall
Chapter Eight: Goodbyes
Chapter Nine: The King's Road
Chapter Ten: King's Landing
Chapter Eleven: Wedding Preparations
Chapter Twelve: Marriage
Chapter Thirteen: Afterwards
Chapter Fourteen: Surprise
Chapter Fifteen: Truth
Chapter Sixteen: Loss
Chapter Seventeen: Feathers
Chapter Eighteen: Birth
Chapter Nineteen: Attack
Chapter Twenty: The Marrage Of Two Bastards
Chapter Twenty One: Joffrey's Return
Chapter Twenty Two: The End of an Era
Chapter Twenty Three: Second Man
Chapter Twenty Four: Traitor
Chapter Twenty Five: Baelor
Chapter Twenty Six: Escape
Chapter Twenty Seven: Eastern Winds
Chapter Twenty Eight: Just Like Fire
Chapter Twenty Nine: Rey
Chapter Thirty: On My Mother's Side
Chapter Thirty One: North and South
Chapter Thirty Two: Trust, Family, Revenge
Chapter Thirty Three: Chances
Chapter Thirty Four: The House of the Undying
Chapter Thirty Five: Give Me Reality
Chapter Thirty Six: Freedom
Chapter Thirty Seven: The Next Move
Chapter Thirty Eight: The Unsullied
Not an update but something cool!
Chapter Thirty Nine: An Old Friend
Chapter Forty: The Past
Chapter Forty One: Dracarys
Chapter Forty Two: Name Day
Chapter Forty Three: Yunkai
Chapter Forty Four: The Second Sons
Chapter Forty Five: Pledge
Chapter Forty Six: Revelations
Chapter Forty Seven: Apparently Happy
Chapter Forty Eight: The Battle of Yunkai
Chapter Forty Nine: Protection of the Realm
Chapter Fifty: Promise
Chapter Fifty One: Split
Chapter Fifty Two: Homeward Bound
Chapter Fifty Three: The Tyrells
Chapter Fifty Four: Willas
Chapter Fifty Five: News of the Purple Wedding
Chapter Fifty Six: Her Own Love
Chapter Fifty Eight: The Wolf and The Rose
Chapter Fifty Nine: Honeymoon Period
Chapter Sixty: Resurrection
Chapter Sixty One: Be A Family Again
Chapter Sixty Two: Vengeful Regards
Chapter Sixty Three: Wolf Pack
Chapter Sixty Four: Snows
Chapter Sixty Five: For The Watch
Chapter Sixty Six: No Going Back
Chater Sixty Seven: Choices
Chapter Sixty Eight: Sister
Chapter Sixty Nine: Come and See
Chapter Seventy: Delay
Chapter Seventy One: Pledges of Allegiance
Chapter Seventy Two: One More Secret
Chapter Seventy Three: Before the Battle
Chapter Seventy Four: Have Mercy
Chapter Seventy Five: The Battle of the Bastards
Chapter Seventy Six: The Turning of the Tide
Chapter Seventy Seven: Conquerers
Chapter Seventy Eight: Ice and Fire
Chapter Seventy Nine:The Red Wolf
Chapter Eighty: Reunion
Epilogue (Part One): A Dream
Epilogue: All Was Well
Fun facts about this story + Final note
Update - Two years later

Chapter Fifty Seven: A Good Wife

6.1K 222 18
By dinosaureatsman

After Lyanna and Willas decided to become engaged, the two of them walked straight to the city gates, almost as if nothing had happened, except the two were now holding hands, and Lyanna was still wearing a stupid grin. When the two got to the gates, they were a lot later than they intended to be, to the extent that the wagon his brother and sister were riding in was already in the city. Just as they got over to the gates, Margaery and Loras were already coming out of the wagon, and upon seeing her brother, Margaery squealed slightly and began to run over.

"Willas! Big brother!" She called, running over and hugging him.

"Margaery! Little sister!" he laughed back to her, before turning to his brother. "Loras, looking dashing as ever!"

"Willas," the Knight of Flowers chuckled, joining in on the hug.

That was when Lyanna became noticed. Margaery turned to her, and, much to Lyanna's surprise, pulled her into a tight hug. It was far too friendly to say they'd just met, but Lyanna didn't mind; it was nice to meet someone so caring.

"You must be Lyanna," she said as she pulled away. "We shared a husband, that makes us practically sisters,"

"Margaery Tyrell, how nice to meet my replacement," she joked, laughing. "And Ser Loras, we've met before at the Tourney for my father, how nice to see you out of your jousting armour,"

"It's good to see you, Lady Stark, after everything that's happening in the capital," Loras smiled.

"A war, two Royal weddings and the death of a King, the kingdoms have never been so interesting," Lyanna joked. "You were luckier than I, Margaery,"

Willas gestured for them to begin to walk back to the city, and by doing that, he took Lyanna's hand. She was reminded of the question she had asked him earlier and almost blushed. She wanted that so badly. Hopefully it could happen, hopefully his family would approve. Then she would really be a sister to Margaery.

***
Not long after they got back to the keep did Lyanna hear a knock on the door of her chambers. She sighed, closing the book she'd just opened and got up to open the door, expecting Willas asking her to the library, or the gardens, or the docks. Instead, it was Margaery, dressed finely in a blue, skin-flaunting dress, putting Lyanna's dark green attire to shame, not that Margaery minded.

Margaery instantly flashed her a smile and took hold of her arm, pulling her out of the room. It reminded of her of Arya when she was younger, pulling her all over Winterfell to show Lyanna things she'd discovered whilst exploring. Sansa would always roll her eyes when they did this.

"Lady Lyanna, please join us for lunch in the gardens, it would mean so much to my grandmother," Margaery asked, threading her arm through Lyanna's, giving her little opportunity to say no.

"I'd love to, I enjoy your grandmother's company," Lyanna smiled.

At this Margaery laughed and flashed another dazzling smile. She was truly beautiful. It was no wonder that Joffrey dissolved his marriage vows with Lyanna to be with her.

"I've noticed that you enjoy my brother's company too," Margaery noted. Lyanna felt herself flush red as Margaery giggled. "He looks at the way he looks at his exotic plants or the bumblebees he loves to watch,"

"Honeybees, those are his favourites," Lyanna said before she could stop herself.

"Once you know a mans favourite bee you have his heart," Margaery joked. "Do you think he'll ask you to be Lady Tyrell?"

Lyanna bit her lip as she considered telling Margaery that herself and Willas had already decided to marry. Surely it was for Willas to tell his own family, especially since he'd basically told her that he'd give up High Garden and his title of Lord to be with her in Winterfell. The fact that Willas wanted to marry her and go north meant the world to her, but keeping it to herself was eating away at her. She wanted to tell everyone right away, but she knew Willas would want to tell his family himself.

When they reached the gardens, Lady Olenna was already there, sat behind a table filled with cakes and cheeses, the table placed right next to a rose bush. How ironic that the Queen of Thorns was sat so close to roses.

"See, Margaery, cheeses? In that shit hole of a capital they wouldn't have served these until after the cakes," Lady Olenna pointed out.

"Or not at all, I thought there was a shortage of food in the kingdoms," Lyanna noted, taking a seat.

"Not in High Garden, if Tywin Lannister wanted to act like the nobility he is he could have had lunches like this everyday, but no, he couldn't even afford a Royal wedding without threatening our family," Lady Olenna continued to complain. Lyanna liked her.

"Grandmother, we were at war," Margaery pointed out. "There were more important things to worry about than cheese,"

"Do you think Robb Stark had cheese in his camp because I do, he was a King," Olenna said, making Lyanna freeze.

Robb was a King, a King in the North. He may have been a King, but he was her brother too, and she knew him when they were children, when they were teenagers. She remembered him at her wedding, the last time she saw him, and how sad he looked for her. It was unfair her last memory of him was from such a terrible day. Lyanna wished she could see him again, smiling, laughing, the way he was in her best memories.

"Robb didn't like cheese, or any sort of dairy. He didn't like sweet things either," Lyanna remembered. "He was just like father, the only sweet things he'd eat was fruit, like apples. His appetite was made for a siege,"

"Not that they gave him much opportunity for a siege," Olenna shook her head. "I am very sorry for your brother's death. To kill a man at a wedding... Well that beast of a King deserved it,"

"I didn't know house Tyrell had support for Stark's," Lyanna said, biting into a lemon cake.

"Well I'm sure house Stark wouldn't accuse our family of being harlots, pillow-biters, arrogant glory seekers and cripples," Olenna rolled her eyes disgustedly. Clearly Tywin Lannister had insulted Margaery, Loras, Garlan and Willas each in turn. "The Lannisters exploit our house for their own gain, but house Stark lacks the ambition to destroy another for the Iron Throne,"

"All I want is my home back and my family together again," Lyanna felt like she was making a confession, even though Lady Olenna was practically pledging her support to her.

"Exactly, and you've done wonders for my grandson,"

"I've not seen Willas this happy in years," Margaery admitted. "He's always been quiet, and sensible, but after the jousting accident..."

"I was always happy he didn't end up like his father, but most times he could be just plain miserable," Olenna spoke. "It's quite clear he loves you, and unless that lemon cake you've got has just embarrassed you, judging by your blush, I'd say you feel the same,"

Before Lyanna could say anything, she heard footsteps behind her. She turned to see Willas, leaning in his cane, with a small wooden box in his free hand. He was followed by Garlan and Loras, the two of them wearing smirks of knowing, Eryk stood behind them, his face pale, his hands shaking, but he wore an excited, almost a giddy smile. Lyanna pushed back her chair, standing to face both men. Willas took a deep breath, as if preparing himself, and then with his free hand, he handed Lyanna the box.

Upon opening it, Lyanna saw a beautiful silver ring, adorned with four crystal flowers, decorated with small diamonds. She gasped, and remembered when Jon gave her her bow, and she believed that was finery. This was jewellery for royalty, it was too good for her.

"It was my mothers," Willas explained. "You've already asked me, but I wanted to ask you again properly, now I'm sure, now I have a ring. I wanted to do it in front of my family, the Gods know I'd be nowhere without them. I wish I could ask your father, or your brothers for their permission to take your hand, but I asked Eryk, since at the minute he's the next best thing,"

"Say yes, Lya, do it!" Eryk grinned and Lyanna was reminded of the time Eryk insulted Willas. She wanted to laugh at how he was now.

"So, my brothers approve, Eryk has given me his permission-"

"You haven't asked me my opinion yet," Lady Olenna interrupted. Lyanna felt herself freeze, worried that she'd put an end to this.

"Grandmother, I love Lyanna, and Lyanna loves me," Willas began, taking her hands. "She's not a princess, or a first born lady, but I love her all the same. She makes me feel whole in a way I haven't felt since my jousting accident. How could you object to me marrying someone who I love with my whole heart?"

"Lady Olenna, you just told me how I've  helped Willas," Lyanna continued. "If you give us a chance, I promise I will do everything I can to prove to you what a good wife I will be to your grandson,"

Olenna let out a short laugh and Margaery looked at her with wide, shocked eyes, almost begging her grandmother to allow what was happening. Lyanna's heart was stuttering, her throat tight, until Olenna spoke again.

"He doesn't want a good wife," she said with a smirk. "He wants you. Of course you can marry,"

***
Word count: 1631
***

Willanna for life!
Also, I fcuking love Margaery, I met Natalie at comic con last month and she was so sweet and lovely.

School starts again in two weeks and I'm already so stressed for it, so I'm channeling all of that shit into all of this shit. Hopefully I'll still have time for writing because I genuinely enjoy this more than studying.

~Olivia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450 44 10
"My father is dead, my house destroyed, there is no one left to take the fury, except me." Robert Baratheon's only true heir becomes an unwilling pla...
278K 9.1K 128
Prince, dragonrider, spymaster, heir to the Iron Throne... Aeonar Targaryen had it all growing up and strived to prove his worth. But when the people...
134K 4.5K 86
"I cannot sing for you. You want me to sing you the songs of the south, where the pretty ladies fall in love with the brave knights and all is well w...
1.5M 56.9K 114
A daughter born admits snow with ice in her eyes and fire in her heart A son born admits flames with fire in his eyes and ice in his heart The union...