Grey's Tribute

By Whiskeyqueenn

The characters are highly complex and they exist in a world that values strength over compassion, only the st... More

Tribute
Tribute POV Grey
Humiliation
Humiliation Grey POV
Day 2
Shifting
Chained
Defeat
Submissive
Tired
Waffles and Coffee
Three Months and Thirteen Days
Instinct
Whiskey, Whiskey, Whiskey
Who Is She To You?
Reckoning
My Smart Mouth
My Plan
Cycle Of The Moon
His Choices
The Past...The Future
Shatter Our Moon
The Queen
Virago
Mother
I'm Extending A Hand
He's Here
Domination
This Can't Be Taken Back
His Soul Crumbles
We Are Even
Consequences
Bend A Knee
We Run
I'm On Fire
Brothers
I Revel In His Suffering
Hormones
I Welcome Him To My Soul
You Wear My Shame
My Weakness/His Strength
Tea
Becoming One
Who Are You?
Malicious Intent
I'm Weak
Late Night Talk
Understanding
The Feeling Of Love

We Shake The Air

115K 4.3K 842
By Whiskeyqueenn

It's taken five days to prepare the bear meat. They soaked the meat in spices and apple vinegar, wrapping it all in water soaked burlap bags, dug a hole in the ground. They built a fire, letting it cool to embers, then placed the meat over it. They shoveled the hot coals all around it, on top of it. Filling the pit with soil, they will wait a total of twelve hours before they dig it out, letting the steam cook the meat until it's tender and juicy.

I remember my father and the rest of the males killing a bear when I was a small pup. The ceremony that followed was something I will never forget. The pack's pride strumming in the air, my father's always stoic face turned up in a genuine smile that day... I'll never forget that.

The taste of the meat as it falls apart on your tongue has me salivating at the thought.

If the battle would have gone the other way, the bear winning, it would've thrown the pack into an internal war. All the top ranking females dead, leaving their mates going mad with grief. It would be the perfect time to challenge and win a rank.

I think everyone understands the deep significance of this. I've also noticed a respect from the males that was never there before, which is a little unnerving. They're showing me the respect they show the northerner. It's on an equal level.

Sometimes, when I pass by a juvenile, they eye me as they would a living god. I'm uneasy with this new status I've won.

The Northerner has brought me to my favorite spot, on a ridge overlooking the pack lands. We're having a picnic lunch that he's prepared. I sit cross-legged, listening to him talk about his passion... the pack.

He's sitting, legs outstretched, talking about when he was a young pup, about this and that adventure he's been on with those brothers of his. He loves those brothers... fiercely.

He tells me everything, pointing to his favorite spots to run, he lists all the different types of game he likes to hunt and how he can't wait for me to go on a pack hunt with him.

His eyes light up as he talks about them, their future with me in the pack. I'm baptized in the pureness, the goodness of his truth.

His calm, steady voice mesmerizes me, and so does the way his mouth turns up at the corner with the memories of his youth. A simpler time.

He stares at me hard as I study his face, imagining what it would be like to pull him into me for a kiss, what it would be like for him to take me here, in the open space, laying me down so the suns rays hit my face. I clench myself tight at those thoughts.

"I can do that," he says, his voice going deeper.

I blush at him, my neck turning crimson. "Sorry, I was just thinking."

He's better at getting inside my head. He can sense everything. I'm an open book and he's been reading the instructions in depth. His advantage over me has me crippled. Always, he's one step ahead of me.

I can hear the compulsions in him, too. Our closeness makes it impossible not to notice them winding up his arms, whispering to him to take me. He's getting better every day at fighting them.

I do not possess the same fortitude. I'm sure he's watching the same compulsions devouring my resolve, swallowing it piece by piece until I'm stripped bare, leaving only one compelling thought... to mate with this male.

His fingers brush against my face, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "I want to ask you something," he says in a serious tone. I perk my ears up at this "I... we... I mean, my wolf needs to mark you. He's dying inside, here. I can't hold him back much longer."

Clenching my jaw. I knew this was coming, every opportunity that we are outside, he'd give me that sideways look, his wolf restless inside him, howling his displeasure, scratching to get out... get to me.

It's the next step. If his wolf marks me, our bond will almost be complete. The only thing left would be to mate with him, sealing each other completely for our lifetime. Nothing can break it, nothing can come between it.

I give him a look... I'm afraid it says "my heart can't take another heartbreak, it just can't'. I'm putting my trust in the person who destroyed it.

Everything in life is a choice. Good choices, bad choices, they're all the same. You will have to live with them, they become part of the rest of your life.

Before I have time to make my choice, he's got his lips on my neck, kissing me again, his soul flowing through me, raging inside my body like a river swollen with the first spring melt, it's pureness overflowing into every part of my body until all I feel is his deep conviction how right this is... trust in him.

He's opened up his mind to me, allowing me to see him, his intentions. It's so good, so pure. The taste of it so pleasing to my taste buds, I actually lick my lips, trying to swallow that goodness into me.

He can sense my weakness and he acts quickly, jumping away, shifting into his fighting form. It's a choice I make for my future. The past can't be changed. The only thing you can do is learn from it.

"Do it." The words rush out, quivering with my nervousness.

Where the Northerner was gentle in his marking, his wolf will be nothing but what his Nature demands him to be. 

Savage.

The Alpha has come to claim his Luna. As my legs shake underneath me, I watch his wolf advance on me. For the briefest of moments, I contemplate getting up and running from him which earns me a deep warning growl.

I will myself to stay firmly planted on the ground, hands balled into fists at my side to keep them from trembling.

He steps forward, heavy and deliberate, slowly advancing on me, crushing dry leaves and twigs underneath his massive paws.

Silver eyes never leaving mine. The Northerner has relinquished control to the wolf. I try hard to be brave.

He touches the tip of his nose to my face. It's wet and cold. Hot breath fans over my face as he inhales my scent.

I watch as the wolf pulls its lips back, exposing every sharp tooth in its mouth. All I can hear is my heart's frantic beating in my chest. Nothing else. All my concentration is focused on those white canines.

I turn my face from the wolf's mouth, exposing my neck in submission, in acceptance of him.

My body's tense, jaw clenched shut, trying to preparing myself for it., but nothing could've prepared me for the feel of canines descending into my flesh.

I scream out instantly as teeth break through flesh. It's searing white hot pain as I struggle against his wolf, my hands beating on its solid shoulders, pushing against his chest, tugging at his fur to let me go. His grip only tightens.

My screams fill the air as my legs kick out, trying to rip me away from his firm grip. His instincts make it impossible for him to let go.

The wolf's body is shaking as he keeps the hold on my neck, sealing himself with me. My hands wrap around the wolfs thick neck, clenching on to its fur for support.

Pain, deep bone crushing pain, gives way to a slow burning bliss as our bond interweaves. Our souls separate, halves fitting perfectly together as they twist and turn, weaving together to form one completed soul.

The wolf's teeth pull away from me and his tongue seals up his mark. His nose touches my forehead again before he turns around, letting the northerner return to his skin.

I lay back on the blanket, my hand on my neck, sensations strumming along my nerve endings. The Northerner's face blocks out the sun, as his lips kiss me the way I wanted to kiss him moments ago. It's full of love and desire. I kiss him back, filled with the bond's effect humming in my system.

He pulls back, examining the mark. "It's perfect on you. It suits you."

Touching it again with a shiver at the skin's tenderness. It's one of the most sensitive spots on my body. 

My weakness

His tongue glides over it, causing a moan so raw, it surprises even him.

He smiles against my neck. "Thank you, Meela. I promise you this will be good."

I have nothing to say, afraid that if I open my mouth, this moment might be ruined and I want to enjoy this if only for a little while. I want to enjoy this feeling flowing through us... between us.

He kisses me again, rougher this time, as he climbs on top of me, pushing himself against me.

 I take his full weight on my body. It's crushing and hard to breathe, but I can't get enough of it.

Biting the mark I gave him, growling, my hormones bursting in a deep unsatisfied hunger. I feel feral. He knows this, senses it.

My claws come out slightly, scratching the length of his back... wickedly.

I'm trying to take control. He won't have any of that. Capturing my hands, he brings them above my head, holding them there with the firm grip of his fingers. It's slightly uncomfortable, but he's making it perfectly clear he's in charge... dominant.

He kisses me again... possessively

The heat between us sparks uncontrollably as our bodies rub together. The friction is causing a slow burn to build up between us.

"I'm going to have you very soon." The promise has me vibrating against him. The Moon's undeniable pull has me begging him to fulfill that promise. "Soon." He kisses my forehead, rolling off me, his face to the sun as we lie there, trying to catch our breaths.

It feels nice, just lying with him, tucked up against his side, his finger lazily drawing circles on my flesh, pulling my eyes closed. The heaviness of my lids seals them closed. The percussion of his heart beating comforts me enough to drift off to sleep.

"Wake up, my bear killer."

I'm being shaken gently awake. I moan my protests out. I was so comfortable! I snuggle back into him only for him to rise, leaving his retreating heat behind.

"We have to get up. It's almost time and you're the guest of honor. Can't start the celebration without you."

Running my fingers through my hair, trying to open my eyes. I finally sit up and put on my torn shirt. The bra is ruined, so I carry it in my hand as we make our way to the pack house, grumbling about how I could've slept till morning.

After showering and brushing my teeth, I fix myself up for the celebration.

Walking down the stairs and the Northerner's there, waiting for me. He extends his hand and I take it without thought. He leads me to the pack. I look down at our entwined fingers, wondering how this became so easy for me.

It's already dusk, the moon rising in the darkening sky, as we make our way over to the tables.

As we walk through the crowd, all bow and turn their necks to the both of us, showing their deep respect and submissiveness to their leaders.

The food table's full of food, the bear meat the main attraction. Everyone's been waiting for us to grab our plates first, then they follow behind.

Sitting down in front of a heaping plate of meat, I get comfortable in my seat, waiting for the northerner to start eating in a show of respect to our leader.

He takes a forkful of meat, and instead of eating it, he hands me the fork.

"It's your kill, you deserve to eat first."

I can see the nods of agreement coming from the females, the slight shock from the males. All the juveniles have their jaws hanging open in amazement. Only the pups whine to their mothers that they're hungry.

I give him a measured look, making sure this isn't a trick, then take it from his hand and eat it, trying not to let the juice run down my chin. I choked up slightly, looking at my plate, trying desperately to hold my tears back.

The tears that threaten to fall are of joy. It's spreading through my chest, sinking deeply into my heart as the northerner takes his fork back and starts eating with a grin plastered across his face.

I throw him a sideways glance. He pretends not to notice as he continues to eat. I want to say thank you, but my words are caught in my throat. Instead, I clear my throat, trying to work the words out properly.

He holds himself tense, waiting.

"That was very nice... Grey." The name sounds so foreign on my tongue. his name. I just wanted him to understand that it was a very nice gesture towards me in front of the entire pack.

We continue to eat after that, unable to meet each other's eyes, both our actions speaking more than our words can.

Once everyone is done, the deep darkness has set in, the bonfire has been raised, the flames stretching up into the night.

Watching the Northerner weave through the pack, almost like a politician, clasping shoulders, smiling, talking here and there, listening to their thoughts. A concern is etched on his face.

I can't take my eyes off him, tracking him through the crowd. I'm startled when Thomas and the group of high ranking males approach.

I step back, looking for him. I'm looking for my northerner but I feel him press himself against my back. His fingers graze over my shoulders, trying to calm my anxiousness.

Thomas looks me in the eyes along with the rest of the males. In one fluid movement, they bend a knee, sinking down on the ground, exposing their necks to me, in a show of ultimate submission, prostrating themselves in front the pack, in front of their mates.

"We want to thank you. If it wasn't for you, our mates could have died. You showed bravery in the face of great danger. We are humbled by you." All their heads bow lower. "We accept you as our Luna and leader."

I'm speechless as I watch the rest of the males following the lead of the high ranking males.

"Let the Moon hear us!" The Northerner screams it out in the most booming voice I've ever heard. The males of the pack throw their heads back, howling up at the Moon. The females follow the cries with their heads thrown back, shaking the air with their symphony.

The Northerner throws his head back, howling up his pride for all to hear. It makes me smile. A real, genuine smile. I throw my head back, howling with my pack. 

My pack.

He looks down at me with the biggest grin on his face and I smile my biggest grin back. He sweeps me up in his arms, so I'm slightly taller than him. I wrap my legs around his waist, looking down at him. His eyes shine grey, his happiness bubbling out of him.

I dip my head down, placing my lips on his, not because of any compulsion screaming at me, but because I want to. I want to kiss him, I want to kiss my Northerner. And he knows this, he can feel this as he kisses me back with every ounce of love he has for me. Our music is the pack's voice signing their approval, their happiness.

The Moon's almost full body shines down on us, bathing us in her beauty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 706 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
2.6K 425 54
JAREK She's an abomination-a constant thorn in my side. She has no right to be sheltered so closely by my mother and father, the alpha and luna of th...
1.4M 35.3K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...
342K 15.5K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...