THE WAREHOUSE HOTLINE

By MaryamlovesBTR

THE UNDISCOVERED AWARDS WINNER FOR THE SHORT STORY CATEGORY | HIGHEST RANK #75 IN SHORT STORY THE MALIBU AWAR... More

|0|: Intro
|1|: The Warehouse Hotline
|2|: Go Upstairs, Genius
|3|: What's Your Name?
|4|: What Can I Do For You?
|5|: I'm Going To Call You, Sapphire
|6|: You Asked Me How I Was, So I Said, Evil
|7|: The Penthouse Hotline
|8|: The Warehouse Hotline's Advice
|9|: Revenge Sucks
|10|: You're Always Calm And Cool
|11|: How Can I Help You, Pretty Lady?
|12|: Enjoyed The Charade?
|13|: Would You Like A Side Of Fries With That?
|14|: Homework
|15|: Hotline Commotion
|16|: Can You Ever Trust A Villain?
|17|: The Penthouse Hotline Services
|18|: You're Not A Chum
|19|: You Always Know The Right Things To Say
|20|: Kicked Your Sorry Butt
|21|: Hang In Tight, Clarisse
|22|: In Your Wildest Dreams
|23|: Health Clinic For Superheroes (MC)
|24|: My Name's Georgia
|25|: You're Both Exactly The Same
|26|: Mystery And Mellowness (MC)
|27|: More Damage Than This? (MC)
|28|: All Villains Are The Worst
|29|: You Got It Bad
|30|: You've Been Placed On Hold
|31|: I Really Thought I Had A Chance
|32|: How I Found You
|33|: Drew Has Tricks Up His Sleeves, Pretty Lady
|34|: Are You A Villain?
|35|: We Finally Meet
|36|: I Am Such A Huge Fan!
|37|: And Chase Was Gone
|38|: Sayonara Hero
|39|: Can't Get Over The Fact, That I'm Talking To My Hero!
|40|: I Am Your Family Too
|41|: Is That How You Talk To A Villain?
|42|: Please. I Could've Taken You Down
|43|: Break Them
|44|: More Action Than Talk
|45|: Estranged Things
|46|: I'm A Villain
|47|: I'll Help You
|48|: Premises 101
|49|: I Came Here For Some Business
|50|: Are They Under Some Protection Programme?
|51|: Let Me Finish
|52|: Knocked Them Out Pretty Badly
|53|: Not If You're A Villain
|54|: Surveillance
|55|: Case #ED281
|56|: I Didn't Decieve Anyone
|57|: This Is All My Fault
|58|: She's In A Coma
|59|: Gee Clarisse
|60|: Not All Of Us Are Heartless
|61|: Who Is This New Villain?
|62|: Pop Went The Bubble
|63|: Wow Indeed, Love
|64|: Late Night Trip
|65|: A. B Hopkins
|66|: Hunter, Xavier And Dianna
|67|: Run
|68|: See You, Geek
|69|: Superhero Colours
|70|: Miss Me?
|71|: Shiz, Dunk And Wreck
|72|: Surprise
|73|: Kingdom Of Fear
|74|: Remind Me To Play 20 Facts With You
|75|: You Surprise Me Sometimes, Kid
|76|: You're Destroy?
|77|: Get Even?
|78|: Get Up, You Moron
|80|: You Were Really Brave
|81|: Eat Some Pudding
|82|: You're So Cliché
|83|: I Missed You Too, Candy Cane
|84|: Not Bad, Sapphire
|85|: Watch Out
|86|: You Look Familiar
Character Q/A
|87|: Tell Me Something I Don't Know

|79|: Don't Go All Sappy On Me Now

28 6 7
By MaryamlovesBTR

Her mother looked up from her hands slowly, lips parted slightly, as she saw a small tear escape from Chase's eyes, she looked at her daughter's small finger movements as her gaze flickered to the monitor.

"Doctor!" Daniella yelled earning the group of friends waiting outside to jump up alert.

The doctor and a couple of nurses rushed in. They noticed Chase's slight movements and started writing things and controlling her vitals and track of her body.

"I'm here, sweetheart." Her mother wiped away the stray tears holding on to Chase's hand.

Avery and Georgia glanced at each other before turning their heads back at the room where Chase was and started praying for her.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but you're going to have to leave the room." The doctor kindly requested.

"I am not leaving her, I haven't seen her in a long time." Chase's mother whipped away a tear as the doctor nodded empathetically.

"I'm sorry about that, ma'am, but you really have to leave the room. Everyone has to abide by this law." Daniella got up and headed out the room as the doctors started their check-up on Chase ensuring she was okay and not having any seizures or any low pressure, etc.

"What happened?" Memphis bombarded.

"Is she okay?" Daniel fired back.

"I saw her finger move." Avery sighed in relief.

"She-she will be okay, right?" Avery asked quietly as Daniella turned to Avery and nodded her head with a smile.

*

It had been about twenty minutes that the doctors and nurses were inside the hospital, everyone was anticipating and wondering what was going in the ward.

Silently praying and wishing for the quick recovery of Chase was what everyone was doing.

The doctor finally came out and everyone stood up.

"Any good news, Doctor?" Storm asked as the doctor nodded with a small smile.

"Dianna is fine. We gave her an injection, she's currently asleep. Please don't try to wake her up."

"What was the problem with her, exactly?" Daniel asked as the doctor looked at his clipboard.

"Well, we call it a sudden shock, possibly Dianna had a sudden shock and caused her body to freeze almost. It usually occurs when the brain is functioning a lot or a presence allows this to happen."

"Thank you." Daniel answered as the Doctor nodded walking off with a smile.

Daniella was lost in thought, was that why Chase had suddenly had a tear escape from her eye? The sudden feeling of knowing that her mother was here?

Chase's mother had entered the hospital room after ten minutes of sitting down, she was shaking slightly as she entered the and quietly and took a seat once again.

Chase's eyes fluttered open as her eyes fell onto her mother's. She had mixed emotions, too many to count. Hurt, desperation, worried, concerned, frightened, curious, confusion and of course knowing.

"Hello, sweetheart." Daniella smiled at her daughter who in return kept a monotonous face. Chase wanted to sit up as her mother noticed this and steadied the pillows to support her back.

Daniella picked up Chase's hand to feel it cold.

"Wow, you're cold." Chase looked at her hand, her long eyelashes cascading a shadow before glancing up at her mother.

"I'm not." She slowly removed her hand. "It's when a villain is injured, they-."

"They're body starts to become cold." Her mother nodded as Chase looked at her state in the hospital.

"You still are the intelligent girl I knew you were."

"Why are you here?" Chase looked at her mother as Daniella looked confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked concerned.

"Why did you come here?" Dianna asked softly.

"To see you, silly." Daniella giggled lightly.

Dianna looked away.

"I know you're upset, darling but I, I honestly came to see you." Her mother once again held her hand. "I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you."

"What day is it?" She asked softly.

"What?" Daniella asked confused.

"What day is it?" Dianna looked up slightly, her eyes looked like crystals with the water forming in them.

Daniella swallowed and answered. "12th July." Was all she responded.

"It's been a week?" Dianna asked as her mother nodded her head.

"Did you visit me in that week, or was today your first visit." Dianna stared at her mother. They had so much of a resemblance, the blonde hair, those beautiful eyes, even the pinkish lips.

"To-today." Her mother stammered.

"I was in the hospital for one week and you only visited me today?" Dianna asked softly the water daring to fall down her eyes.

"Why didn't you visit me?" She asked. "Please don't tell me you were busy."

Daniella kept mum. Chase slowly took her hand away from her mother's grasp and looked to the side.

"Darling, please." Daniella started as Chase looked up at her mother.

"I never knew business mattered more than your own daughter." A tear slipped down her eye as she said that with so much hurt and aggravation in her tone.

Daniella licked her lips not knowing what to do or say anymore. She looked at Chase with her adorning eyes, filled with deep regret and sadness.

"You're my daughter. Nothing comes before family." She assured Dianna who looked into those eyes of hers.

"Except business." With that, Chase wiped at her tear and looked at her mother, the usual hard face she had, filled with coldness as Daniella licked her lips.

"That's not true." Daniella began once again. "Believe me, every mother loves their children and would do a lot for them, nothing can get between my children and me."

"Then why did you start actually caring for my siblings after I left the superhero league?" Chase flashed her eyes to her mother's.

For once, Daniella was speechless, she had no idea how to answer to that or what exactly to think. It was true she wasn't around her children a lot due to business and not having their mother or father figure as much deteriorated many relationships.

"Answer that, mom." Daniella glanced up at her daughter as soon as she said 'mom' the longing feeling of hearing that precious word. It killed her internally as a tear fell from her eye. Chase's eyes held a knowing look, her hand didn't know whether to wipe the tear or to do nothing. Daniella wiped at the tear automatically and smiled up at her daughter.

"Business is business. Family is family. One day I'll explain it you. Get some rest." With that, the professional Daniella Chase was out the door.

Chase stared at her mother's retreating figure as the door closed but not before opening again as Chase blinked up to see it was her brother, Daniel.

"Hey, sis." He greeted.

"Hey, bro." She smiled as he wrapped his arms around her, in which she embraced him in return.

Daniel took his seat and grabbed hold of his sister's hand and smiled lovingly. "It's been a week and I actually missed you, raccoon." She cracked a smile and nodded.

"Did you now, beaver?" He nodded his head before looking at his sister.

"We were all worried, you know. I kept seeing you in this condition, everything was the same and nothing changed." He swallowed hardly. "It was agonising seeing your twin unconscious and not knowing when she'll wake up." Chase looked at him, Daniel looked like he had no sleep, but remained his flawless state, his eyes shone colourfully, almost as if he'd rejuvenated.

He looked tired, but happy and there were too many emotions to read that it dawned upon Dianna.

Everyone was worried.

She licked her lips and began to speak. "I'm here now, Daniel. I would never leave you." She solely stated as she knew the life the twins lived.

They were always together and had become each other's best friend because their parents were always doing business. It was difficult especially being the main superhero's children, that they never knew when they had real friends or not.

"Don't go all sappy on me now, Dianna." Daniel had an amused look, with one eye slightly narrowed and a smile dancing on his lips.

Dianna chuckled as the two chatted for quite some time before Storm came in.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 24.3K 60
His beauty was unjustifiable through words. The Intelligence pummeled the greatest of minds. Voice, deeper than the darkest Abyss of sea and emotions...
2.2K 147 22
"What is she doing here?" "Oh Jaden, the way you talk, someone would think you own this entire neighborhood. " She's quiet,not very social and very ...
1.9M 47.8K 43
You know them boys that ride the best cars, the hottest guys walking on earth, the players, the popular ones, the ones that are called 'bad boys'. We...
34.8M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...