Life goes on

By Laughterisfree

Hailey is a normal "prep". She hangs out with her friends, her parents are rich, she's even on the cheer-lead... More

Life goes on
beach party
Community Service <3
Aaron's Prov
Aaron cont.
Prison, Past and Present.
Returning to normal
Normal doesn't fit me
Catching up: Part 2

Catching up

10 0 0
By Laughterisfree

Hailey's Prov:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I saw the police put Aaron into the back of their car, I heard my phone ring. I grabbed it half caring and answered: 

"Hello?"

"Hey, girl. Whatcha up to?"

It was no doubtably Courtney. I was hoping she didn't see the news, she was already to judgy.

"Um, nothing. What about you?"

"Nothing much, that's why I called you. Wanna go somewhere?" 

"Er..When?"

"Now, silly. Unless your busy?"

"You know I would If I could, hun. My mom won't let me leave until everythings spotless."

"Oh, Okay...Mom's can be so old."

"Ya, I know. They so need a check u-" My phone beeped, I had another call. "Hey, can you hold on, another call."

"Kay. Don't take that long."

I switched over to the other line, "Hello?"

"Hey, Are you alright Hail?"

"Ya, why?"

"Did you see the news."

"oh. well, ya... I guess it's a good thing I stopped talking to him."

"Don't you miss him?"

"Well, of course. Everyone misses someone when they like them but.."

"No buts. I'm coming over, you can explain when I get there."

"Okay. See you soon." I clicked back over to Courtney. "You still there?"

"Ya, so that sucks about your mom."

"Uh'huh. Well, I gotta go. Bye."

"Tottles." 

I hung up, Sure lying is bad but she is annoying so whatever. I looked down I was still in my Pj's. Oh well. Darren won't care. He's cool like that, he'll tell me I'm beautiful when I don't feel or look like it. He's just sweet. I put away my coco puffs and then Darren came in through the door. 

"Hail's I think you need to explain? Do you like like Aaron?"

We sat down on the couch.

"I used to."

"What happened?"

"I found out he was psycho, like at first I thought oh, maybe I'm overreacting but now I'm sure he's crazy."

"Because of the whole robbing a bank situation?"

"ya, and he told me he went to jail for killing his sister."

"Did he say he actually killed her?"

"No, but thats the weird part..."

I explained to Darren how that 30 something was always punching him and yelling, and how Aaron said that guy was the real murder. I told him how we kissed and how I was starting to like him.

"Whoa, um. Do you think that guys his dad?"

I thought about it, that would make sense. I shrugged.

"Well, on the other subject whats on tv?" He said flipping the channel.

Ten minutes into Jeresy Shore, I spoke. "Why do you think he did it?"

"Who did what? Snooki? She's crazy thats why,"

"No, not her. Aaron. Why do you think he robbed the bank?"

"I dunno."

"He had to have a good reason, right?"

Darren sighed "it sounds like you need to get him off of your mind."

"How?"

He smiled, "We need to find you a new man"

"What?"

"Ya, it makes total sense. If we find you some man hunk you'll forget all about Aaron. Go get ready." He smirked pushing me off the couch. 

"Fine" I replied heading upstairs.

I changed into some jeans and a sweatshirt. Something causal because I didn't really feel like trying. I walked back down the steps and Darren just shook his head. 

"What?!" I sighed when he still looked unsatisfied. " What am I going to wear then?"

"Come on." He said running upstairs. 

Once we were in my room he started digging through all my clothes. He handed my a skirt and a cute top, then changing his mind, he pulled out a dress Courtney had gave me.

"This is perfect." 

"You want me to look like a slut?"

"No, I want you to look sexy."

"Arg, whatever." I agreed.

Once I was ready (dressed, applied makeup, found cute shoes to match and a hat) we left. He took me to this club or dance place. At first I was nervous but it was actually really fun. Darren and I just danced. We shook it for about three hours, occasionally  drinking. Not to much though. I was having a blast, besides when guys would look at me like candy, but I'd just flick them off and go back to dancing. It was all fun until I saw someone I knew, Courtney was entering the place. I grabbed Darren and ducked. 

"What?" He asked.

"Courtney's here."

"So?"

"I told her I couldn't hang out, today."

"Oh. Let sneek out."

I laughed, "I could go for some ninja action myself."

He laughed too. "Okay try to be as Ninja as possible."

We crawled around and were almost out when she ended up right near us. We turned around and began acting like we were with a group that was there. 

"Ya, I love that man." I said trying to blend in.

Darren patted on guy on the back and started laughing "You crack me up."

We watched Courtney go by and then left. They people we were standing with just looked at us weirdly. We got outside and hopped into my car. We drove back to my house laughing the whole time.

 " I swore she saw us." Darren chuckled.

"Same here but the way you snuck around,  no one would have seen you."

"So did you see any cute guys?"

"I could ask you the same question?"

"What?!?" He demanded.

"Did you see men I'd like?" 

He smiled, " Only one, but I doubt we'll see him again. He was tall and kept eyeing you."

I laughed, "Was he 'eyeing us' when we were being ninja?"

"Ya how'd you know?"

"We looked like freaks, he was probably creeped out."

We both laughed at that. After we made it to my house Darren left. I watched some tv and fell asleep on the couch.

---------------------------------Darren's Prov------------------------------------------------------------------

 I got into my car and waved goodbye to Hailey. Afterwords I decided to go back to the club we had been at. After all she was the one hiding from Courtney not me. I pulled into the parking lot and entered the building. I liked it here, sure there was drunk people and dirty dancing but that was the fun part. I sat down on a bar stool and ordered a beer. The bartender didn't suspect anything so I figured he thought I was old enough to drink. I was drinking my second beer when Courtney came over. 

"Hey Darren"

"Hi Courtney."

"Whatcha doing?"

"Sitting, why?"

"I dunno. It's just I was hanging out with these older girls and they said you were cute and I thought.."

"No thanks"

"Come on Darren" She pointed at a group of girls "At least come say hi."

I sighed "Alright, but I'm not hanging out with you all night."

"Yay" She pulled me over to them.

I had to admit they were quite cute. Just not my type. They looked twenty or so and fake, they reminded me of an older Courtney, you know how some people are just bitchy, ya thats them. Two of them were wearing really short dresses and the other was wearing a belly shirt and tiny skirt.  Most guys would be all like 'hooray i get to bang a hot twenty something but not me. I like.... well attractive, nice people. 

"Hi" One girl said fluttering her eyelashes.

I nodded.

Courtney introduced us "Madilyn this is Darren, Darren Madilyn and these two are Whitney and Naomi."

"Nice to meet you girls."

They giggled. man, these girls were easy. 

"Are you in college, Darren?" Naomi asked. "Because I haven't seen you around campus"

I shook my head "Sorry, still in high school." I mentally face-palmed myself " Wait, I probably shouldn't have said that."

"Why I don't mind a younger boy." Madilyn told me.

"No, it's because were at a club. You have to be twenty one. I can trust you all not to tell right?"

"Ya totally." They all cheered.

"Wanna get something to drink?" Whitney asked.

 We all agreed. I only meant to drink three but I think I managed nine.  We were all sitting at the bar having a conversation. Well, a conversation for drunk people. Madilyn kept repeating herself. Courtney got a call, I'm guessing from Jason and left. We said our goodbyes and then Naomi leaned over a puked. Whitney and Madilyn decided to take her home. I carried Naomi out, it was the least I could do because they had been paying my drinks all night. I waved good night and watched all three of them climb into a taxi. 

"You sure you don't wanna come, Darren?" Madilyn asked.

"No thanks. See you girls later." I replied. 

I slowly made my way back into the club. Stumbling like an idiot. When I got back inside I ran into someone, looking up I noticed that tall man I saw looking at Hailey and I earlier. 

"Sorry man, didn't see ya there."  I slurred.

"No problem."

I went to leave but he tapped my shoulder. 

"Ya?" I said turning around again.

"What were you and your girlfriend doing earlier?" He asked.

"My what?"

"You know that pretty girl that you were crawling around on the floor with, did you all do some acid or something?"

"Ohhh. That just my friend Hailey, she saw someone she didn't want to talk to so we snuck out. Did we really look that retarded?" 

He laughed. This guy would be great for her, I think. I'm drunk so I'm not sure if he actually looks this hot. 

"I'm Gale" He said shaking my hand.

"Darren."

"I'm not sure if this is nerdy, but aren't you a little young to be here?"

" No. I'm  sixteen."

He laughed again. He had a good laugh. Thinking about it made me realize my mistake.

"I mean I'm twenty one." I finished.

"It's alright dude, I'm only nineteen."

I let out a sigh of relief. Were both under age so he wouldn't tell on me and wouldn't be to old for Hailey. :)

"Cool, so you single?" I asked.

He smiled, "Ya" 

"Awesome." I nodded. 

I'm not sure why I nodded but I did. I went a little heavy on the nodding too, I nodded like seven times before stopping.

"How much have you had to drink?" Gale asked me.

"I don't know, maybe..." I thought about it a drink about two with Hailey maybe a little more then at least seven with the three girls. "I think ten."

"nice bro." He smiled "Usually I'd be passed out by then."

I laughed "Someone can't hold there liquor."

"Whatever." He said pushing my shoulder playfully. 

"Wanna get something to eat?" I asked hearing my tummy rumble.

"Sure, What's open this late?"

"Erm.. I don't know."

"We could go to Wall-mart."

I laughed again. Who says wall-mart when your going to get a snack. "Works for me."."

"Maybe we should walk there."

"Where?" I asked.

"Wall-mart remember?"

"Oh ya, I forgot."

He laughed at my drunkness. 

"You know you have a really nice laugh."

I think his cheeks got a little red. "Come on."

We left and made it to wall-mart shortly after. We bought some nutty-bars. We sat out front of the store eating them, they were good. 

"I need to tell you something." I leaned closer to Gale "It's about you and m-"

I stopped because he kissed me! On the lips!

"What the hell?!" I jumped up.

"What?" He asked standing up too.

"What was that?!"

"A kiss"

"No, I mean What the hell was that for?!"

"Your not gay?"

I shook my head no. 

"oh"

"Why Would you think I'm gay?!"

"You asked me if I was single, said I had a nice laugh, and I thought you were going to tell me you were gay right before I kissed you."

"No! I was going to see if you liked m my friend remember the one I was sneeking around with." 

I could see how that could have been mistaken though. 

"Look Gale, your really cool and all it's just I like girls." I told him.

He nodded. "I understand." 

"Well, I'd better be going anyway. See ya." I left before he could say anything else.

What the hell! Agh. The weird thing was I kinda liked it. 

----------------------------------------Hailey's Prov----------------------------------------------

I woke up from my nap. I had been dreaming about Aaron, why couldn't I get him out of my head. He was obviously nuts. I went and got some thing to snack on. Passing by the calender I remembered it was Saturday. Was this the thing Blake and him were planning? Aaron hadn't wanted to do whatever it was, the whole time. Blake had kept bullying him to do the 'plan' as he called it. It was suppost to happen today. What if Blake had forced him to rob the bank. That's crazy right? They didn't even get any money he was caught. I went back into the living room and turned on the tv. luckily my parents record the news so they can watch it later. I played today's news fast forwarding to the part about the robbery. The whole negotiation seemed funky. Aaron had asked for candy, rubber band ball, and a Klondike bar. What criminal asks for that. Even worse he had asked for candy like a song. ( I want candy by Aaron Carter) It's a really weird song. Then, when he kept telling them how to get in using the back door. Lastly, he 'dropped' the keys which slowing down the tv he clearly threw them. It seemed like he wanted to get caught. That's strange.I had to talk to someone about this. I called Darren.

"Helloo?" He answered.

"Hi Darren, hows it going."

"Not so good"

"Why, what's wrong."

"Nothing, I don't think that tall guys interested in you. sorry."

"It's alright I just wanna run something by you."

"Okay."

I think Aaron wanted to be caught."

"Why would someone" -he giggled and whispered stop it-- "want to be caught?"

" I dunno that's the thing." 

He laughed again " Stop tickling me."

"Is someone over there?"

"Ya.Ya. Sorry." 

"Oh, well I'll let you go."

"Kay, Bye Hailey."

"Bye" I hung up.

Some help. I'll get to the bottom of this. I yawned, starting tomorrow.

-------------------------Darren's Prov-------(After walking away from Gale)-----------------------

 Wanting to get the thoughts of Gale's kiss out of my head, I called Madilyn.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Madilyn?" 

"Ya, How's this?"

"It's Darren, you know from the club"

"Oh Hey Darren. Hows it going?"

"Good, I was wondering if that invitation to your place was still open?"

She giggled, "Of course. Naomi and I share a room at the local college."

"Kay, be there soon" I said hanging up.

Twenty long minutes later I was there. Only unsure of which dorm room was hers. I knocked on three before I found hers. She opened it up, wearing some revealing pj's. It was a belly shirt and underwear. 

"Come on in, Darren."

I smiled. Hopefully I won't have these weird thoughts after kissing her. I mean I can't just blame Gale for my thoughts. Even before he kissed me I was thinking-- nevermind that.    I.Like.Girls. She sat down on her bed so I followed.

"Where's Naomi?" I asked.

"She's staying with Whitney. Making sure she's not to drunk."

"Cool."

"Ya totally."

I wonder what Gales doing? I hope he's still not sitting in front of wall-mart. Stop it- I need to get him out of my brain.I kissed Madilyn. Soon we were making out when I got a phone call.

"Hellooo?" I asked.

It was Hailey. I was a little distracted to really listen to her. She had to go or something so I continued to kiss Madilyn. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...