HARUM SCARUM | kth. [COMPLETE...

By claireathon

She loved, and she loved, until it hurt. Just how much reckless could she be? ♚ AWARDS: 1st place in HER AWAR... More

↣ Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
↣ Appreciating Taehyung
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Epilogue
↣ End
FINAL BOOK

Chapter Fifty-Nine

368 30 31
By claireathon

From: Seokjin

Topic: onerneklnekn

Are you still coming over?

I was so busy preparing for work, I almost forgot that me and Seokjin talked about me and Yoongi coming over to cook something for Taehyung on his birthday.

Since it was still 12PM, I still had time. So I quickly replied with an agreement, before pocketing my phone and turning to Nami, who was sitting on the bed, singing hear heart out to a song called 'How far I'll go'.

I couldn't help but smile as she kept her eyes glued on the phone. I inched closer and placed a kissed on her forehead, "Are you sure you don't want to go?"

She looked up, smiling excitedly. "Will you go and see prince?"

I laughed softly and shook my head. "Auntie's going to a friend's house and to work. You might get bored. And you haven't eaten lunch yet-"

"Auntie." she pouted and crossed her arms, before flopping face first on the bed. "I can take care of myself! I like eating.. do you want me to cook omelets for you when you get home?"

I chuckled and nodded. "I'll look forward to that."

"Yay!" she scurried off of the bed. "Don't worry, I'll ask Grandma to help me!"

"Alright, I love you." I pressed another kiss on the side of her temple, before exiting my room.

These past few days, my hand was more numb than painful. Before going to sleep, I would always try to draw with it, but it would either slip out of my hand or it'll start getting painful. All i could do with my right hand was write words even I couldn't understand.

I was itching to play the piano again.

My hand was weak and numb, that I couldn't even hold a bag for 5 seconds without dropping it. I hated seeing it. I hated feeling weak. I hated my scar..

And this was the last day I got to hang out with them.

Or at least, with Seokjin and Yoongi.

Mina still needed a proper burial, and we needed to earn more money at that case. The shop isn't doing any good. Dad needs to do his treatment for his diabetes, and only me and Mom could work the hardest.

I shouldn't complain.

I reached the front door of Seokjin's house. At least I think it was. Luckily, I wasn't embarrassed when Yoongi pulled the door open.

"Hello!" Seokjin, who was in the kitchen, greeted with a wave.

"Why am I here again?" Yoongi asked as I made my way over to greet Seokjin with a hug. I pulled away, and Seokjin tuned to Him.

"Because we're cooking for a friend!" he said brightly. "After all, I think the two of us are the only ones that don't have a gift for him. And as for hyung, I just happen to enjoy her presence."

"I want to help." I volunteered, making my way to Yoongi and pulling him towards the kitchen. "And you're helping too, wether you like it or not."

He scoffed, "I don't want to."

"But I want you to." I pouted. "Please? For Taehyung."

He stared at me for a while, before lightly bonking me on the head and pocketing his phone. "Aish, fine."

"Yay!" Seokjin celebrated. "We shouldn't cook chicken. Or else we'll be the ones that end up eating it."

"True." I nodded. "How about japchae?"

"Ooh, he likes japchae?" Seokjin said, opening a certain cabinet and pulling out a pan. "Lucky for you, my parents aren't here, and we have all the ingredients we need for that!"

"What can I do?" I asked excitedly. Honestly, with an injured hand and no skill in cooking whatsoever, I don't think I could do much.

Seokjin tapped his chin right after he instructed Yoongi to get some ingredients. "Hmm.. you can stand over there and watch us!"

My mouth went agape. "Wow!"

"Just kidding." he laughed, as Yoongi handed him the soy sauce. "Uh.. you can get some warm water in the fridge."

I scanned the kitchen, my brows furrowed. "And where exactly is the fridge?"

Yoongi scoffed, "It's upstairs."

"Why is it upstairs?" I asked, as he motioned where the stairs were.

"Because I tend to crave for food in the middle of the night." he said, loud enough for me to hear upstairs. As expected, there was a fridge right across the stairs.

I pulled it open, finding myself face to face with dozens of pitchers. I grabbed two, one warm, for the cooking, and one cold, for drinking. I made my way downstairs and handed them the warm water.

Yoongi held out a glass, and I gladly poured the water inside his.

He coughed, "What the fuck?"

Seokjin stopped his singing, "Cursing!"

"I can't fucking help it." Yoongi said. "This isn't water! This is fucking wine."

Seokjin's mouth went agape. "Aish, seriously?" he made his way over and gently grabbed the pitcher from me. "Mom.. Dad.." he muttered under his breath.

I laughed, "That's okay. I mean.. Yoongi isn't drunk.. right?"

Yoongi wiped his lips with the back of his hand, then turned to me. "Of course I'm not - Have you changed your bandage?"

"Yes." I didn't need the bandaid on my cheek anymore, so my scar was visible on my cheek. It didn't hurt as much, unlike before. I then suddenly felt myself frown at the random thought of Taehyung.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Seokjin frowned.

"It's only been a day.." I started. "And I don't know if I'm overreacting, but Taehyung hasn't texted me since yesterday. No goodnight, no goodmorning. In fact.. he didn't reply to any of my messages."

"What the fuck?" it was Seokjin's turn to curse, and he ended up covering his mouth in realisation. "I mean.. that's just not 'Taehyung'. He texts me goodmornings and goodnights too, and now that I think about it, it sounds like a problem."

"Has anything happened that we need to know of?" Yoongi asked, sitting on one of the chairs and crossing his legs. "He wouldn't be like this out of a sudden."

I explained them about last night. From the phone call, to him leaving out of a sudden and avoiding my question.

"I don't think he's seeing someone else." I admitted, though I couldn't be sure. "That's what I believe."

"We can be direct and ask him." Seokjin suggested. "Don't you like things direct, Yoongi?"

"But then he'll feel attacked," Yoongi butted in. "Maybe we should give him time. Knowing him, sooner or later, he would probably open up soon."

I started reassuring myself that he loved me.

And it was only me..

Right?

"School'll start in a week." Yoongi said slowly, noticing my uneasiness. "Music room. Every dismissal. You play the piano. Got it?" he said, as he handed me some seasonings. I frowned.

"Got it." I grinned, before sighing. "And.. I need to go."

Seokjin scoffed, chopping the vegetables. "Go to where? You haven't even done anything."

"Home." I smiled. "I have to take care of Nami."

"Your niece?" Seokjin asked. I nodded.

"Go home safe then." Yoongi made his way over and placed a hand on my shoulder, flashing me a small smile.

"Please do!" Seokjin tackled me into a bear hug. "Or else we'll add an overwhelming amount of salt into Taehyung's japchae."

I laughed softly and patted his back, before pulling away. I didn't want to go yet. It's only been a while. I still wanted to spend time with them. But I had no choice.

I had to go to work.

I was glad I managed to slip through my lies. Seems like my smile really looked real, didn't it? I felt so guilty, I felt like if they knew, the trust we had around us..

But it was for my family. I'm sure they would understand..

Right?

I got myself a cab and it wasn't for another 30 minutes until I finally reached the ever so familiar restaurant. As I entered, I saw Jisoo waving at me excitedly.

"Oh my god, I don't see you for one week, no wonder why!" she made her way over and observed my hand. "Are you okay? Will you really be working at this state?"

I stared at my hand for a while, feeling a bit upset since I did whenever my gaze landed on it. I forced a smile and looked up at her, nodding.

"Yeah. Speaking of customer." I motioned over to two people that entered the restaurant. She eyed me for a small while, before handing me an apron.

"You should hand them the menu and take their order." she instructed. "Or.. are you left handed?"

I gave her a knowing look, and she nodded and made her way to the two. Once she was done, she opened a small window between the kitchen and the counter, shoving the paper inside. "Jackson, first order. Stop browsing your instagram and start cooking!"

"Yeah, yeah." a low voice replied from the other side.

I smiled softly. "Don't worry, let me give them their order. Also.. is the town hall open for today?"

"It's open everyday." Jisoo responded, crossing her legs and smiling genuinely. "What's with the question?"

"I'm going to head there right after my shift." I admitted. She wouldn't be too worried, right?

"No way." her mouth went agape. "Suyung, are you sure you'll be okay? The people in the town hall don't have very easy jobs. They separate the bills and taxes and all that, they answer calls, they-"

"I'll be fine." I reassured. "I'm gonna be one of those with the money."

"They tend to be very strict on that one." she pursed her lips. "You have to straighten the money, categorise coins, and you're a student.. that's hard work."

I smiled, but didn't reply. I mean.. I had no choice. My hardwork had to benefit something.. right? I was questioning myself so much, I felt close-minded.

"Yo." Jackson walked out of the kitchen and placed the order on the counter. I nodded and stood up, holding it with both of my hands.

My hand trembled, but I was lucky enough. I placed their order on their table and flashed them a smile. As I walked back to the counter, my left hand ache, and it became more numb. I couldn't move my fingers.

My shift ended sooner than I thought. By the end of the day, my hand hurt so much, I would often find myself unconsciously massaging it. My eyes would start fluttering, but I shook my head to try and chase it away.

I entered the building. As expected, the people were busy. I made my way to the same guy that I talked to back then. I got the call a few days ago, so I didn't have a problem.

"Hello." he looked up at me. "Number girl, right? Over there." he pointed to a certain table, where on top of it, were loads of cash, bills, and coins. "All you have to do is categorise the bills by shops and stores and coins and cash by same amount."

I nodded and thanked him, before making my way to the said desk. I started slowly, since I didn't want to make any mistakes, but soon, I felt like cramming.

People were already leaving, but I assumed that the town hall was 24 hours. So I had no problem on how late I was going to go home.

11:34PM

"Hey, you still staying?" I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turn my head, to see a woman who seemed to be going home. "Or do you want to come with me?"

I shook my head and softly took down her offer. I started dividing everything, until I was done halfway. My hands were so tired, and my dominant hand ached. I wanted to rest so much.

And slowly, I felt my eyes flutter.

"Auntie?"

My eyes flickered open, and as expected, Nami was there. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "Nami.. what are you doing here?" I place both hands on her cheek. God.. first day of work, and I was already this tired.

"More like.. what are you doing here?" Yoongi's voice boomed from behind me. I turned around, and sure enough, he was walking over, his hands pocketed and an unamused look on his face. "I thought you were 'going home to take care of your niece.'"

"Yoongi, it's-"

"It hasn't even been a week and you're already overworking yourself." he gritted his teeth. "Have you been taking care of your health? What about your hand? Your loss? Your heart?"

I stood up and gently grabbed Nami's hand. "I'll start working again tomorrow."

He frustratingly ran his fingers through his hair. "Suyung. When are you going to stop being so selfless and think of yourself?"

"When things are okay again." I said slowly. "I want things to be.. okay."

"Stop going to work." he stated, walking in front of me. Soon, we were out of the building. "This upsets me. This isn't good for you."

"I want to." I admitted. I felt Nami's innocent gazes, and I felt my heart slowly break. "But Yoongi.. I have to."

He stayed quiet for a while.

"Fine." he finalised, stopping in his tracks. "Suyung, if this is what you want.. I'll let you."

I smiled and looked over my shoulder,

"Thank you."

---

There will surely be times you get annoyed with the main character, but then, the weight's on her shoulders. GIVE HER A BREAK. XD

Yoongi is upset.

I'm going to change the POV in the next few chapters so things could start getting more interesting! Who's POV do you think it'll be? And who's POV are you looking forward to the most?

More things'll come.

Prepare yourself~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 6.5K 25
[COMPLETED] In which, through all the incidents happened, they learnt how valuable they are, how valuable every one of them, especially their eldest...
18.3K 600 11
There's a fine line between love and hate, and the line blurs even further when you start kissing Jungkook brings a girl home for Yoongi. There's onl...
36.6K 2.4K 48
She's a lonely, unloved girl. But what happens if one day she finds herself texting a famous rapper, who understands her and teaches her how to love...
164K 8.3K 26
𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚. 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚, 𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙖 𝙗𝙞...