Hobbit and Lord of the Rings...

By invisame

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I own none of the recognizable characters, places etc. I only own my or... More

Remember Me - Thranduil
Confessions - Bard
Home - Thorin
The Center - Aragorn (Part 2)
Grumpy - Dwalin
Jealous - Elrond
Falling - The Company
Unrequited - Aragorn
Fix it - Thranduil
Stay - Fili
Hello, Love - Eomer
Hello, Love (Part 2) - Eomer
Flirting? - Legolas
May I interrupt? - Thranduil
He's not so bad - Thorin
What is wrong with you? - Kili
Her - Legolas
You Don't Say - Aragorn
(S)Mothering - The Company
Storms - Thorin
By Any Other Name - Elrond
Forward - Thorin
His Queen - Thranduil Drabble
Color My World - Haldir

The Center- Aragorn (Part 1)

7.5K 201 44
By invisame

Y/R/N=Your Ranger Name

Cold steel pressed against your neck as you searched through your saddlebags. "Who are you and why do you follow me?" said the man who wielded the blade.

You didn't answer immediately. Instead you patted your horse, making sure she was settled. Then you turned slowly, hands where he could see them. You grasped the edge of your hood and flipped it back. "Has it been long enough that you do not recognize me, Strider?"

His eyes widened as he stepped back and lowered his blade. "Y/R/N? What are you doing here?"

"You tread a dark path, my friend. I am here to see that you find your way through," you replied. 

His brow furrowed. "Dark path?"

You shrugged. You were raised with Strider, aka Aragorn, amongst the Elves. Though you had a gift, it was not a very useful one in your opinion. You merely knew when someone was going to be in need of your aid along with some vague details. Nothing that would help you steer them clear before it happened, but enough you knew to show up to help out, like now. 

He laughed. "You never cease to amaze me, my friend. While others run from trouble, you embrace it."

Your lips twitched in a small smile. "Only for a few, my king. You being one of them."

His smile faded. "I told you not to call me that, y/r/n."

You took your horse's reins in hand and led it over to Aragorn's camp. "Whether you wish to be called that or not, it does not change who, or what, you are. If it makes you feel better, I will call you chieftain," you added with a smirk.

He simply looked at you as he cut off a chunk of meat from his dinner and handed it to you. Aragorn told you once he both liked and hated that you told him the truth he didn't want to hear.

***

You and Aragorn left the hobbits at the top of the ancient watch tower as you scouted for trouble. "You know, if I had known your dark path held hobbits and Nazgul I might have left you to it," you told him earning a grin. 

Hearing an odd sound you paused, and searched around you.

"Ringwraiths," Aragorn hissed beside you. 

You ran faster than you ever had before, trying to get back to the hobbits before the worst happened. Readying your bow as you scrambled to the top, you scraped the head of your specially treated arrow along the stone and it erupted in flames. You fired at one of the black creatures and relished its shriek as it ignited. Your gaze flashed around finding the hobbits. Where was Frodo?

One of the Nazgul was staring at the ground, approaching with his sword. "No," you breathed and lit another arrow, firing it immediately. It spun as your arrow ignited it. It shrieked as it pointed its sword in your direction then it fled. The hobbits huddled together and Aragorn fought more Nazgul with flame and blade. Another wraith approached the hobbits. You tossed aside your bow as you'd only had two treated arrows. Drawing your sword, you lunged between the wraith and the hobbits. 

Your sword pierced the folds of the cloak as the wraith's blade split the skin along your upper chest. It shrieked and flew off while you dropped to your knees.

"You saved us, Miss y/r/n," Sam said behind you. 

Your throat worked as you struggled to answer, not wanting to worry the little hobbits. Agony flared from the wound and your eyes darted down to the weapon the wraith had left behind. A Morgul blade. Fantastic. Once the piece left inside the wound made its way to your heart you would become a ringwraith. Just what you always wanted.

With a groan you fell back only to be caught by your new friends. They looked so worried. You wanted nothing more than to reassure them but alas, you could do nothing but hurt and bleed. 

"Strider!" Frodo yelled. 

In moments, Aragorn knelt beside you. He looked at the wound and picked up the weapon. His eyes widened in horror as it disintegrated in his hand. "No, no, no, no, no," he said, looking you over. 

He swept you into his arms and you cried out in pain. "We must get to the elves. Only they can save her now."

***

You woke slowly, the pain gone. You immediately recognized your room at Rivendell. You were alone and filled with an uneasy feeling. This gift was pointless. Quickly, you rose and threw on one of your elvish dresses as they were faster to don than anything else you owned. Grabbing your small crossbow, you followed the feeling until you heard voices. You slowed to stop, hiding yourself as you watched the circle of men, dwarves and elves in front of you. None noticed you.

Gandalf was here, as was Elrond, Aragorn, Frodo and Legolas. You'd arrived just in time for Legolas to tell everyone that Strider was really Aragorn and Aragorn to tell his old friend to shut up. Good going, blondie. You stayed hidden and listened as they discussed what to do with the ring.

You cringed when the dwarf hit it with his axe and watched as Elrond decreed it must be thrown into the heart of Mt. Doom. One of the men present proceeded to list everything wrong with this plan until Legolas interrupted.  Everything soon devolved into an argument. No one even heard Frodo the first time he volunteered to take the ring. 

Aragorn, the future king, took a knee in front of the brave little hobbit. "You have my sword."

"And you have my bow," Legolas added.

"And my axe," the stupid dwarf from earlier added. You stiffened when the man that spoke of Mordor joined. You did not trust him. As the hobbits appeared to join their friend, you tried not to laugh even though your heart hurt. These four had no business bearing this burden yet they would anyway. You sighed. It looked like a quest was in your future.

"Nine companions," Elrond announced, sounding deep in thought. 

You stepped from your hiding place. "Make that ten." Aragorn and Elrond turned to you with wide eyes. The hobbits hesitated but a moment, then swarmed you as they laughed in joy. No, you would not let your friends make this journey alone.

The man narrowed his eyes at you. "Exactly how many people that were not invited to this council are going to show up? And are they all going to join the quest?"

You held up a hand as Elrond started to speak and stepped away from your little friends. You tilted your head. "My place on this council was more assured than yours. But for a Morgul blade I would have arrived on time."

"I do not want a woman on this journey with us," he stated, looking past you to Elrond. "She will be a distraction."

You could feel the desire for power radiating from him. That was new, but you weren't going to argue with it. "I will not allow my friends to travel in your presence without my bow and my blade. Your thirst for power will be their downfall."

He stepped forward, his jaw tight and his face flushed. "The hobbits have no say in who joins this quest. That is the will of the council and I say nay. I will not allow some random female to join such a dangerous quest."

"The hobbits are not my only friends in this group. And I am not a random female."

"Who are you then?" he demanded.

Your chest grew tight, unsure of the answer you wanted to give him. 

"She is y/r/n of the Rangers of the North. She who possesses the flaming bow. She is y/n y/l/n, she who belongs to no race and all races. She who would be queen. She who traveled in the darkness and now sees more than you can possibly imagine," Gandalf's thunderous angry voice echoed off the rock around you. "She is the center."

You scratched the back of your neck, grateful no one but you possibly could have understood all that. Actually, you weren't even sure you did. "What he said."

He bowed his head slightly though his jaw was still tight. "Very well then. Far be it for me to argue with the wizard about your importance."

"So be it, "Elrond announced behind you. "You shall be called the fellowship of the ring."

"You make friends wherever you go, do you not, mellon?" Legolas said as he approached you and wrapped you in a hug. "I have missed you, y/n."

"And I you, my friend." A heavy hand fell on your shoulder, drawing your attention. You turned to find Elrond behind you, a concerned look on his face as he ran his eyes over you from head to toe. 

"Until you appeared here, I was not certain you would live. And you immediately throw yourself back into danger. Foolish girl." Tears pooled in his eyes as he pulled you against his chest. "I thought we had lost you," he said in your ear. 

"I'm too tough to die, ada," you said, calling him father as you hugged him back. Elrond had raised you, was the only father you knew and you loved him as one. 

He pulled back and arched a brow at you. "Make certain to remember that on your journey."

"Y/N," Gandalf said from beside you. 

You tilted your head. "That was quite the introduction, old friend."

He chuckled and blushed. "Yes, well...I'm not entirely sure what all that meant I'm afraid."

"Well, that makes two of us." You glanced past him to see Aragorn watching you. Your eyes locked with his then he turned and walked away.

"Follow him," Elrond said, placing a hand on your arm. "He did not handle the prospect we might lose you well."

You nodded and followed the path taken by your king.

***

A/N: This one will have at least one more part, but most likely several. It kind of exploded in my head when I started writing it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 253 22
requests closed! there can sometimes be preferences, random rants and memes in this book too, no smut tho most of the x readers here are fem!reader :)
16.7K 607 27
Just some oneshots with Aragorn and Legolas because I feel like it. Hope you enjoy!
79.6K 2K 40
I will be writing imagines about certain characters from the hobbit films. If you have any request please ask. Hope you enjoy these imagines
188K 4.4K 22
Oneshots from the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Enjoy!