happiness / m.f. x a.n.

By zarasiplier

mark never thought he'd be happy again. he'd just lost his favorite person ever - a.k.a. his dad. after what... More

• one •
two
three
four
• five •
• six •
• seven •
eight
ten
• eleven •
• twelve •
• epilogue •

nine

71 8 1
By zarasiplier

Amy's P.O.V.

At the desert, 7:12 pm. Wednesday.

Mark and I kept making out for quite a while, only stopping in between kisses to take some air. I knew that it was getting more and more heated. I felt like I was ready to maybe go a little further.

I had no idea if Mark wanted that, though. We had only been together for less than two weeks, would he think of me as some kinda slut?

Wait, no. Amy, collect yourself. Having sexual activities with men would never make me a slut, right? Right.

I think Mark saw me having an internal battle, so he rolled off of me. He took my hand in his and stared at our intertwined hands for a while.

"You know, I never thought I'd be happy again.. But then I saw Chica, I met you.. I feel like nothing will get better than this. Thank you for being in my life, Amy."

I blushed, hiding my face with my arm. I rolled over onto my side once I felt like the heat in my cheeks had gone down. Mark was staring at me like I'm some kinda masterpiece.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm grateful you're in my life, too. I know you felt really alone for a while, but I promise that I won't leave you. I'll be here, right by your side. Please don't ever doubt that."

Mark cupped my cheek with his other hand, shuffling closer to me.

"I know you're saying this right now, but are you sure you want to waste your life away with me? It's been less than two weeks, are you sure that you want to commit to this completely? I won't be mad if you just said that beca-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips against his.

"Listen, I don't care for how long we've been together. I've dreamt of being with you for so long. You've been my crush ever since you became friends with Seán."

Mark seemed shocked at that, "But that's like.. Six years."

I nodded sheepishly. "Seán and I were best friends since way before that. We met in secondary and we used to hang out so much. We still do, but less of course. He has his own girlfriend, I have my own boyfriend..."

Mark smiled, looking back up at the ceiling. "That's.. interesting. You've never bothered to approach me or talk to me before, though. Why?"

I shrugged, "I was scared. I hate rejection."

He glanced at me, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb.

"I don't think I would have rejected you."

I hummed, "I didn't look like I look now six years ago."

Mark frowned, "I don't care how you look like, I care about your personality. Looks don't tell me what kinda person you are, personality and character does. Don't say that again, you're amazing Amy."

I looked at him. "How are you so sure?"

"Why would I not be? It feels like I've known you for years even though it's barely been around two weeks."

"You haven't seen half of me."

"Then, I am glad that I can see more of you now."

I curled up into a ball and laid myself down next to Mark, who wrapped his arm around me.

"Nap time?"

"Hell yeah it is."

And just like that, listening to Mark's heartbeat, I felt sleep consume me.

At the desert, 9:34 pm. Wednesday.

"Amy?" I woke up, sitting up immediately.

"Huh?"

"I made dinner, wanna eat?"

I rubbed my eyes, yawning and stretching. "What time is it?"

"About 9:30 pm. Why?"

"I gotta send some pictures I've edited to the person who wanted me to edit them. I'm finish that up and then I'll join you. Promise."

The glint in Mark's eyes seemed to flicker for a split second but he nodded. Wonder what that's all about.

It took me a while to finish everything up and mail them to the owners but I managed to do it. I put away my laptop and walked to the kitchen. Mark was sitting at the kitchen island, just staring while drinking a wine it seemed.

I crept up behind him, standing on my toes to let my arms slide down his torso via his neck.

He seemed to flinch at that, putting down his glass. He turned around to me, picking me up and letting me sit on his lap.

"I'm actually not supposed to drink anything that could include alcohol because I can't process it well but it's not too much, so."

I nodded, hopping off his lap to grab myself a plate. "Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Yeah yeah, don't worry."

I glanced at him, making sure once more. He seemed fine, so I let it go.

"Why were you staring off into the abyss?"

"Hmm? Oh, no reason. Just thinking. It's been an eventful week."

"Oh yeah, that it definitely was. I'm glad we got to get away from everyone for a little while though."

Mark nodded, reaching for my hand. He wrapped both his hands around mine and kissed it multiple times.

"What are you doing?" I asked, giggling. Jesus I hate doing that.

"Showing my affection by kissing your hands."

"That's how you show affection?"

"How else would I?"

I grinned, shrugging. "A kiss on the cheek? A bouquet of my favorite flowers? Hugs?"

Mark rolled his eyes, standing up. He walked over to me, cupping my face with both of his hands. He let his lips ghost over mine for a while and then brought them to my ear.

"I have many ways of showing affection but I don't think we're ready for that yet." His whisper sent a chill down my spine. How is his voice so smooth and yet so deep? I let out a shuddering breath, watching as Mark walked away with a smirk on his face.

That bastard.

At the desert, 10:26 pm. Wednesday.

"Mark! Wanna gaze at the stars?"

Mark turned around, putting his book down. He nodded, grabbing my hand and walking to the backyard.

"Oh god, it's so pretty out here."

"I know right? And there's even a pool."

Mark abruptly stopped in his tracks, dragging me back inside. "Nooo!! Pool!"

Mark shook his head, "First we gotta put on our bikinis. Wait, no. You put on your bikini and I put on my swimming shorts. Yeah, that's the right sentence."

"Not gonna lie, you'd look great in a bikini."

"Shut up."

I laughed, grabbing my bikini and walking into the bathroom.

I walked back into the room, being met with a staring Mark.

"Again?"

"I can't help but be mesmerized by your beauty, don't blame me." Mark put his hands up.

I shook my head, chuckling. "Cheesy."

"That, I am."

Mark walked to me with a big smile on his face, then dragged me along to the pool. I immediately went in, whereas Mark took his sweet time.

"Maaaaark, come ooon."

"I hate the ocean."

"This is a pool."

"Water is water."

"And the pope is catholic, now get in you idiot."

Mark chuckled, getting in along with me.

"Perfect time to make out.. Or do more.. If you catch my train of thought."

"I'm actually dodging your train of thought."

"No to kisses as well?"

"That, I can't resist."

Mark smirked, swimming closer to me and then pushing me against one of the sides of the pool lightly.

"I swear to god if you don't keep your hands above my waistline I'll slap you."

"I'm not a pervert or a rapist. Consent first."

I nodded firmly, "Good."

Mark licked his lips, leaning in. Just as I thought he was going to kiss me, he went for my neck.

I knew he was trying to make a hickey, or lovebite, seeing as he was sucking and licking. A little whimper escaped my lips, while I clutched onto his back a little more.

Mark pulled back, took a look at his work, then nodded, satisfied. Then he leaned in to kiss me for real, but this time it was just soft pecks.

He pulled back, letting his hands slip to rest on my hips. "You're so gorgeous. I could literally stare at you all day and not get bored at all."

I blushed, resting my forehead against Mark's. "And I could literally listen to you talk all day, you're blessed with an amazing voice."

Mark laughed at that, squeezing my hips. "I'm serious. You're a literal angel."

"Shut up, you."

Mark shook his head, "You have to know how amazing you are."

"Thank you, but so are you."

"I don't compare to you, angel."

"You're so cheesy today, why?"

"I feel like loving you with all my heart, is that too much?" Mark scoffed, flicking his non-existent hair.

"No but I thought you wanted to make out."

"And I thought you wanted to gaze at the stars. Guess what? We can do all of those at once!"

Mark tilted my head up so I was looking at the sky and went to work on my neck once again.

"You know, you can't give me thousands of hickeys."

"Why not?" His words were muffled, seeing as his lips were pressed against my throat, giving me soft pecks.

"Someone will think you abused me."

"Nah it'll be fine, you have foundation with you to cover it up, no?"

"I do."

"Then I see no problem."

I felt Mark smirk against my neck and I just sighed, staring at the sky. The water felt great against my burning skin. I felt like I was in heaven, getting peppered with many kisses.

One of Mark's hands went to my back, pulling me flush against his chest. Mark stopped attacking my neck with sucks and licks and kisses, and instead pressed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around him even tighter, pulling my fingers through his hair. This was the perfect moment.

I smiled against Mark's lips, making him pull back to ask me why I was smiling. "I don't think anything could get better than this. I'm so.. Happy. I'm not stressed at all. It's just great."

Mark nodded, kissing my lips once more. "I agree. It feels great to not worry about anything for a while."

"Yeah, LA is nice and all but it's always so busy and sometimes I feel overwhelmed."

Mark nodded once more, kissed my cheek and then went out of the water. "Wanna go shower?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Like you said, we're not ready for that yet."

Mark pouted, crossing his arms like a five years old child would. "Pleaaaase."

"No."

He huffed, "Fine." And then he walked away, chuckling to himself.

"You're a goof!"

"I'm just trying to live, please."

I smiled, went out of the water myself and then walked to our shared room.

"I claim this bathroom."

"Why of course, I'll go shower in the bathroom of the other room."

"Make sure you knock, Mark."

"I don't do knocking." Mark clicked his teeth, winking. Then he grabbed some fresh clothes and whatever else he needed and left the room.

I put on some music, which was currently the Gorillaz's new album "Humanz". Nothing like a good old shower with singing and dancing.

At the desert, 12:44 am (or pm, idk). Thursday.

"You know, we should really just go on a roadtrip along with Chica."

"Ah, if only I could do that.. If I left my family for too long, who knows what would happen. You know, seeing as they're being threatened.. I don't know."

"Yeah, no, I get that. I'm sorry you have to go through this, babe."

Mark shrugged, rubbing his hand up and down my back. I just listened to his heartbeat, hugging his torso.

"It's not your fault, you know? I got myself involved in this. I don't know what kinda shit my dad must've gone through.. Damn it."

I looked up at Mark, making him look down at me.

"It's okay, it's gonna be okay. Don't let these thoughts get to you. You'll be fine. I am here for you."

"I'm so glad. I love you."

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235 5 8
Mark is a broken and depressed boy... But who's there to save him? ⚠Warning⚠ Self-harm Suicide thoughts Bullying Abuse Suicide attempts Mental Health...
Soft Boy By V

Fanfiction

64.2K 1.2K 45
Ethan is a little. He has told no one. His girlfriend found out and left him. He wanted to have a caregiver but the only person he wanted he was scar...
248 12 2
[THIS IS NOT A X READER STORY NOR A LOVE STORY] Ethan has always been fascinated by the Moon: glowing up there, in the night sky, surrounded by star...
319K 9K 42
Cover : © harrystyaes One day, as you were sat in your room, you grew bored, going on a chat site. Immediately connecting with someone, you typed a...