Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

III- Introductions

39.5K 1.9K 742
By TashaPageWriting

Sorry for the wait ! I've been on holiday and the WiFi in Zante... Not so great. And honestly, I was too busy being drunk the whole week to write anything... so I apologise for this chapter not being so great. Bare with me, I'm just getting into the story, it will get better in a few chapters time !

Enjoy !

*

Tai was exhausted already, not used to Brooke's bubbly personality. After a brief tour of the school Brooke handed Tai her timetable and locker combination. "I checked your schedule already, your first class is with me!"

Tai faked enthusiasm. "Fantastic."

"It's gym," Brooke pouted.

"Not a sporty person?" Tai wondered.

"Let's just say it's not in my blood," Brooke shrugged and smiled at Tai when the bell rang. "Shall we go to the changing rooms?"

"I don't think you'll take no for an answer," Tai muttered. "Lead the way."

Brooke grinned and turned on her heel and walked down the hallway that was slowly starting to get busy. "I'm sure you'll learn your way around really quickly, I did when I moved here," Brooke said. "And I'm awful and directions."

Tai raised her eyebrows. "You were new?"

"Yep, I moved here nearly two years ago," Brooke nodded. "Best and worst decision of my life."

"That guy, was he an ex?"

Brooke stared at Tai in horror and shook her head rapidly. "God, no!" Brooke cried. "He's- He was my cousin."

"Was?"

"Let's just say blood isn't as strong as it seems," Brooke muttered. "We don't talk anymore."

Tai shrugged and nodded, following Brooke in silence as she talked about the school. Tai honestly couldn't care less, but Brooke seemed nice and sweet and Tai didn't want to be mean.

When the two girls finally made it to the changing rooms Brooke led Tai over to the corner where Tai spotted a red haired girl sitting next to a brown haired girl. They were talking quietly and Brooke sighed quietly.

"Hey," Brooke called and the two girls looked up, the brown haired one smiling softly.

"Hey, I missed you this morning," the brown haired one said and Brooke pointed to Tai.

"Sorry, I had to leave early to meet one of the new students!" Brooke said. "This is Tai. Tai, meet Indianna and Kimberly."

Indianna smiled and Tai raised her eyebrows when Kimberly just looked her up and down and nodded curtly.

"Just ignore Kimberly. She's always a bit... Sour," Brooke said and Kimberly glared at Brooke.

"Feel free to tell Brooke to shut up, she never does stop her endless blabbering," Kimberly snapped.

"I'm sensing tension," Tai nodded.

"Be nice," Indianna pleaded. "Please."

"She started it," Kimberly shrugged.

"And I'm ending it," Indianna said. "Not today."

"Are you okay?" Brooke asked seriously and Tai eyed Brooke curiously, sensing that her question meant something a lot more.

Indianna shook her head. "Not really," she said and took a deep breath. Suddenly she froze and looked up at Tai with wide eyes.

"What?" Tai asked.

"Um... Nothing," Indianna coughed.

"I'll go and get you a kit and then you can get changed," Brooke said chirpily, glancing at Indianna before walking away.

"God, is she ever upset?" Kimberly muttered and shook her head.

"Yes," Indianna said immediately. "She hides her pain everyday."

Kimberly shifted uncomfortably and suddenly turned to Tai. "So, new girl," she said, but she didn't seem even remotely interested in Tai. "What brings you to town?"

"None of your concern," Tai said coldly.

"Lose the attitude, why don't you?" Kimberly tutted.

"You first," Tai shrugged and Kimberly narrowed her eyes at Tai.

"Watch yourself," Kimberly warned and Tai raised her eyebrows.

"Is that a threat?" Tai challenged. "Aren't you scared you'll break a nail?"

"It's not a threat," Indianna groaned. "Kimberly isn't good with new people."

"Neither am I," Tai said and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Okay, how about you two just don't talk to each other!" Indianna said, getting flustered very quickly. "I can't handle pointless bickering today!"

"Indie, babe!"

Indianna groaned and covered her face with her hands. "I can't deal with anyone right now!" She whispered and looked up as a brown haired, big boobed, fake eyelashed girl sauntered over to Indianna.

"You've been ignoring my texts, babe!" The girl said. "Why?"

"Stacy, please, can I just be left alone right now?" Indianna asked quietly.

"Why? What's wrong, babe?"

"Everything!" Indianna groaned. "Please, not today."

"I think you should leave, Stacy," Kimberly said sternly, standing up and facing Stacy.

"No, Indie is my friend, she always has been. Unlike you she doesn't hold stupid grudges," Stacy huffed.

"Grudges?" Kimberly gasped. "Do you think she actually wants to be around you? She may not hate you, but you're a reminder of the one person she wants to escape from! Now do everyone a favour, and fuck off."

Stacy's mouth dropped and she looked at Indianna in shock. "You're going to let your little follower talk to me like that?"

"Sorry," Indianna muttered. "I'm just not in a good place today."

"Stacy," Brooke called as she walked over, her tone was softer and kinder, but it wasn't exactly friendly. "Not today."

"You know where to find me, babe," Stacy said and flipped her hair over her shoulder before walking off.

"Sorry bout that," Brooke said brightly and handed Tai a pile of clothing.

"What the hell was that about?" Tai asked.

"You don't want to know," Indianna muttered and groaned suddenly, jumping up and rushing towards the toilets.

"I'll go," Kimberly sighed. "You stay and babysit the new girl."

Brooke huffed as Kimberly walked past her and pursed her lips. "That girl rubs me up the wrong way."

"She seems delightful," Tai said dryly and Brooke laughed.

"She cares for Indie, that's all that matters. I can handle her being a bitch most of the time if she cares about Indie," Brooke said.

"What's up with that girl?" Tai wondered. "She seems... Depressed. Really fucking depressed."

"It's because she is," Brooke said simply and glanced at Tai. "Look, it's not a secret, but don't go talking out loud about it... Her boyfriend died. He was murdered."

"Shit, I thought this town was safe," Tai gasped.

Brooke gave Tai a look. "It used to be."

"When did it happen?"

"About a month ago," Brooke murmured and shivered.

"That's shit," Tai said quietly.

"She has her good and her bad days," Brooke shrugged.

"And that girl, Kimberly, is her bodyguard?" Tai guessed.

"Bingo," Brooke nodded.

"Well... I'll try and not be a bitch to her then," Tai said.

"We'd all appreciate that," Brooke nodded.

*

Indianna stumbled into the toilet and hurried into a stall, lifting the toilet seat up before spewing the contents of her stomach into the toilet. Kimberly followed behind her and cringed as she reached forward and held Indianna's hair back.

"Just so you know, I did not sign up for this," Kimberly muttered and looked away from the sick in front of her.

Indianna chuckled slightly, but groaned when she was sick again.

"God, it stinks," Kimberly whined.

"I can't exactly help it," Indianna mumbled.

"I know, not your fault," Kimberly said and had to stop herself from gagging. "I'm not the best with sick."

"Trust me, I know," Indianna said and slowly stood up, flushing the sick away. "I think that's all."

"Thank God," Kimberly sighed. "You alright?"

"Better than you," Indianna said and raised an eyebrow at Kimberly as she walked past her and stood in front of the sink and washed her mouth out. She sighed and closed her eyes, wanting the world to swallow her up. "I just want to go to bed and never come out," she said quietly.

"You tried that, remember?" Kimberly pointed out. "You made it two weeks and then Kal refused to leave you alone until you actually left your room."

Indianna rolled her eyes. "I didn't want to be mean to Stacy."

"I did."

"Everything that has happened, it's not her fault. She was dragged into this all."

"But she's choosing to stick by that sick bastard," Kimberly shrugged. "I hope he flips and kills her."

Indianna looked at Kimberly with wide eyes. "It's not her fault."

Kimberly shook her head and grabbed Indianna's hand. "Let's go."

*

When Indianna and Kimberly returned she noticed Indianna looked very pale.

"You okay, hun?" Brooke asked and Indianna nodded.

"I can still smell it," Kimberly shuddered and Brooke rolled her eyes and handed Indianna a mint.

"Thanks," Indianna murmured and glanced at Tai. "Sorry about rushing off, I'm not feeling well today."

Tai shrugged her shoulders and nodded.

"Shall we go?" Brooke said and gently took Indianna's hand, giving it a squeeze. She didn't let anyone answer and walked towards the door of the changing room, leaving Tai and Kimberly next to each other.

Tai glanced to Kimberly and both girls shared a cold look before following after Indianna and Brooke.

When they entered the gym Tai saw Indianna and Brooke walk over to two guys. A ginger one who was talking animatedly and seemed very upbeat and a blonde haired one who had his arms crossed over his chest and looked very uninterested.

Brooke let go of Indianna's hand and skipped over to the blonde guy, reaching up on her tip toes and quickly pecking him on the lips. He immediately grabbed her waist and held her close to him when she tried to step back and kissed her again.

Kimberly went and stood by the ginger guy and Tai looked between them awkwardly.

"Tai," Indianna said and stood next to her. "This is Harry and Kal. Guys, this is Tai. She's new."

The guys both looked at Tai and she stared at them with blank expressions.

"Hi, Tai," Kal called and smiled widely. "Welcome to this shithole!"

Indianna shook her head and Harry rolled his eyes, looking at Tai and nodding shortly.

"Indie," Harry said. "I need to speak to you." Harry walked past Brooke and took Indianna off to the side, making sure they were out of earshot.

"She's one too," he said and Indianna nodded.

"I know."

"And you're making friends with her? She could be dangerous."

"Brooke made friends with her," Indianna said and Harry shook his head. "And I thought it might be best to get to know her. She doesn't seem the friendliest, but she doesn't seem dangerous."

"And him?" Harry asked, nodding his head to the other new student as he walked into the gym. "What a coincidence, the two new people are werewolves."

"At the moment they're not doing any harm. Let's see if we can find out why they are here and then decide what to do."

Harry gave Indianna a look before walking back to Brooke who was talking to Tai.

"So, Tai," Harry said, staring Tai down.

Tai raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Why are you here?"

"Why do you care?"

"Why won't you answer my question?" Harry snapped.

"Jheeze, chill," Brooke ordered and poked Harry's arm. "Sorry about him, he's an ass."

Harry glanced at Brooke and then back to Tai. "Are you going to answer my question?"

"No, you're a stranger. I don't need to tell you anything," Tai shrugged.

"She's right," Indianna spoke up.

*Don't give her a reason to be a danger,* Indianna mindlinked Harry and he rolled his eyes.

"Apologise," Brooke said and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why?"

"Because you're an ass," Tai said and smiled at Harry, making him narrow his eyes and take a step forward.

"Enough," Brooke gasped and grabbed Harry's hand, trying to pull him back.

Indianna couldn't help but smirk slightly as Brooke tugged Harry away. "Not many people do that," she commented.

"Do what?" Tai wondered.

"Stand up to him."

"Why?"

"He's not the friendliest," Indianna said.

"Really? No shit," Tai scoffed.

"He's off with everyone," Indianna said. "Try not to take it personally."

"I won't, don't worry," Tai shrugged and Brooke and Harry returned just as the teacher walked in.

"Everyone, listen up!" The teacher called. "Today's class is going to be a little different. In light of the recent attacks around town this isn't going to be a normal gym lesson. As you are all aware, the gang presence in this town has risen dramatically over the past month, and while the police are doing everything they can to stop it, it is still dangerous."

Indianna stiffened and she shared a look with the guys. It was Rogue. Rogue and his men causing havoc and chaos because they could.

And Indianna couldn't stop it.

Indianna could feel eyes on her and she frowned when she noticed Tai staring at her with a suspicious look on her face. Tai quickly glanced at the others before turning her attention to the teacher.

"So for today's class, we are going to be doing self defence!"

The guys immediately all looked at Indianna who took a deep breath and crossed her arms over her stomach. No one knew she was pregnant. She was only two months along and was barely showing.

*I'll go with you,* Kal said immediately. *We can't risk any harm to the baby.*

Indianna nodded at Kal and gently rubbed her stomach, chewing her lip nervously. The baby was all she had left. It was the only thing that kept her going. It was the only thing left of Greyson.

"What the hell are you staring at?" Kimberly demanded, walking up to Indianna's side and glaring at Tai who was looking at Indianna's hands on her stomach.

Tai raised her gaze and narrowed her eyes at Kimberly. "Me and you are going to have a problem if you don't drop that bitchy attitude."

"Excuse me! You-"

Kal suddenly appeared next to Kimberly and grabbed her hand. "Please don't be a bitch," he whined. "Just for 10 minutes. Please? If you do then I promise I won't ever make you watch Mean Girls ever again."

Kimberly raised her eyebrow at Kal and placed her hand on his cheek. "I will claw your eyes out of you make me watch that film again," she said.

"Everybody, pair up!" The teacher called and Kal grinned at Indianna.

"I'm going to kick some girl butt," he teased and Indianna shook her head.

"Count me out, I'm not breaking a nail," Kimberly scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest and took a step back.

"I guess I'm with you," Brooke grinned and turned to Tai.

"Don't you want to go with Harry?" Tai wondered and Brooke laughed.

"God no," she said and looked over her shoulder to where Harry was walking across the gym. "On second thoughts... Crap." Brooke narrowed her eyes at Harry who stopped in front of Brandon and raised his eyebrows. "Nope, that's not happening!"

Brooke suddenly rushed away and hurried over to Harry.

"What's up with her?" Tai asked.

"It's a long story," Indianna sighed and looked over as Brooke grabbed Harry's arm.

"Why is she stopping him? Let him kill the cunt," Kal grumbled.

Indianna sighed, but didn't object to Kal's comment. After a few minutes of Brooke and Harry bickering he sent a last glare to Brandon before grabbing Brooke's hand and walking back across the gym.

"You alright?" Kal asked Harry.

"Great," Harry snapped.

"You were going to hurt him," Brooke said. "I couldn't let that happen."

"After all he's done?" Harry growled.

Brooke cast her gaze to the floor and shrugged her shoulders.

"Guys, look who he's been partnered with," Kal said and they all looked over to see Brandon facing the new guy.

"This might be interesting," Harry murmured.

"Why?" Tai asked.

"Because he's a we-" Kimberly elbowed Kal in the stomach and glared at him. "Because Brandon's a wimp," Kal corrected.

"He's with my brother," Tai said.

"Brother?" Indianna repeated. 

"Yes," Tai nodded.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Kimberly demanded.

"Because I don't go around telling my life story to strangers," Tai shrugged. "Sorry for the inconvenience that has caused," she added sarcastically.

"Lu- Indie!" A class member called and ran up to Indianna. "He's woken up."

Indianna's eyes went wide and Tai frowned as the whole group turned to the guy.

"Are you sure?" Harry snapped.

"Doc just called, he's awake."

"Shit," Kal cursed.

"We need to go," Indianna said.

"Wait, I thought whats-his-name was like dead," Kimberly said.

"He was in a coma," Brooke gasped. "He wasn't freaking dead!"

"Kim, his name is Ace," Kal frowned and shook his head at Kimberly.

Indianna looked at each of her friends and smiled. "Ace is awake."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 7.8K 22
Kaden is the alpha of the Fear pack.Some say he's the scariest alpha ever. rumors spread saying that he kills women's children right in front of them...
148K 11.8K 80
THE SEQUEL TO 'LUNA OF ROGUES.' Last Haven is scattered to the wind. It has been nineteen years since the castle burned - nineteen years of bitter wa...
138K 3.7K 30
Haley is a shy girl who became mute after her parents were murdered. She lives with her childhood neighbors who have to move to a different state. Wi...
81.7K 5.2K 68
** 3rd book in Rogue series, can be read as stand alone but better if you read the others first*** mature language , triggers and sexual situations...