May The Best Player Win ✔️

By bangjajams

❝He is the #1 playboy. She is the #1 playgirl. But who is the #1 player?❞ Let the games begin, and may the be... More

May The Best Player Win
Prologue
001: Players
002: Call
003: Math
004: Enemies
005: Detention
006: Little Game I
007: Little Game II
Bangtan Appreciation
008: Interview
009: Let's Play a Game
010: Bring it On
011: Let the Games Begin
013: Sleepover Party
014: Over the Phone
015: Ditch
016: Care for Tae
017: Carnival
018: Haunted
019: Warmth
020: Serious
021: Samgyeopsal
022: Bottoms Up
023: Reveal
024: Game Over
025: The #1 Player
026: Half-Heart
027: This Time
028: Endgame
Epilogue

012: Hanging Memories

6.8K 308 206
By bangjajams

Jiwoo's POV

"Thank God, it's the weekend."

In my pajamas, I got myself a bag of potato chips from the cupboard and plopped my body unto the couch. My right hand shoved the chips in my mouth while the other lazily reached out to the remote on the side table. I turned on the television and started watching a movie. Yup, this was my morning routine.

*ding*

Soyeonniee❤

[ I know exactly what
you're doing -_-
You better come to
the sleepover party
I'm hosting at ours. ]

Me

[ Aish, you know
me so much. ]

I placed my phone down, rolling my eyes out of amusement. I continued watching the movie that was currently aired while shoving chips into my mouth.

"What a great way to start your morning." A sarcastic tone rang into my ears, making me turn to the direction where it came from. "Oh, good morning," I greeted Jimin who just came down the short staircase.

"Likewise," he lazily replied as he put on his slippers and dragged his way to the kitchen.

"I'm preparing cereals for the both of us," he said as I heard him move around the kitchen. "Kansahamnida," I thanked in advance, my eyes still on the television and my hands on the chips.

After for a few minutes, Jimin called me up to the table. I rose from the couch and turned off the television, putting back the chips in the cupboard before heading to the table.

I saw two bowls already filled with milk and cereal. We said a prayer of thanksgiving then started eating after. "You coming?" he suddenly asked after eating a spoon of his cereal. I thought about it for a second. "Oh you mean the sleepover party?" I replied then ate a spoonful of mine.

He nodded, munching on the cereal flakes. "I don't want to, but Soyeon wants me to. Are you?" Jimin casually shrugged. "The boys are comin' so why not," Jimin answered after he had finished drinking the milk from his bowl. He walked to the sink and placed his dirty dish there. I followed after him as soon as I had finished mine. He started washing since it was his schedule of washing the dishes.

I got upstairs and headed to the bathroom to take a bath. "Bring all the stuff you need, Hoseok's offering us a ride after lunch!" he yelled from the kitchen. "Alright!" I shouted back then sulked as I got in the bathroom. "I could have driven my own motorbike if it wasn't broken," I mumbled to myself, sighing. I took a long bath then prepared all the stuff I needed not long after.

🃏🃏🃏

"Thanks for the ride, Hobi-hyung!" Jimin thanked Hoseok who picked us up on the way to the Kim's House. "No problem, Jiminnie! Anyways, who wouldn't want to send one of my best bud's girlfriend to his house." He nudged his elbow to me, winking playfully. I faked a laugh.

The three of us went inside the house without bothering to knock on the door. Soyeon and Taehyung also rented an apartment, but a bit bigger and a bit farther from the school, compared to ours.

Jimin and Hoseok went ahead to the living room where I assume the rest where. I followed them when I spotted four pictures hanging on the walls. I slowly walked until I finally stopped out of curiosity. "Jiwoo?" Hoseok called out, noticing I wasn't following them into the living room. "I'll catch up." My attention moved from Hoseok back to the hanging frames. I saw him shrug and heard him hum an okay.

My eyes focused and wandered on the fragments of memories hanged on the walls. A smile eventually crept to my face when I landed on a baby picture of Soyeon grinning ear to ear. "Cute," I commented, the smile never leaving my face. She was a little furball of sunshine, all curled up but still able to manage to show off her empty set of teeth.

I broke into a laugh when I saw another baby picture, but the difference was- that baby was crying. "I supposed that's Tae." He wore a cute frown while both of his small hands were balled on the floor, arching his fragile body forward. From the looks of it, he was probably letting out a tantrum.

I laughed before my eyes lingered to the third frame which was a picture of their family. Taehyung's dad remarried Soyeon's mom, so yes, Taehyung and Soyeon were stepsiblings.

The only thing I would probably like about Taehyung is being a good stepbrother to Soyeon. They got along so well that people thought they were blood-related, except they weren't.

My eyes landed on the last hanging frame, which was a picture of two young boys in a wide soccer field, wrapping one's arm on one another's shoulder. "Is that Taehyung?" I mumbled to myself as my eyes focused on the young lad in the left, smiling very widely. I doubted the thought since never did I see him smile so genuinely.

"Jiwoo." I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I flinched a bit and turned around to see Soyeon. Before I could respond, she wrapped me into a big hug. "S-Soyeon... I can't breathe," I mumbled jokingly, making breathless sounds. She broke the hug and hit me lightly in the arm, earning a chuckle from me.

"I know you, idiot." She laughed. "I was so glad you came and ditched your weekend date with your television." She rolled her eyes, forming quotation marks in the air. "Just be contented that I'm now here." I returned a light hit on her shoulder, smiling.

"So, you were watching your future husband's and best friend aka future sister-in-law's pictures?" The corner of her lip rose up as she kept on nudging her elbow to me. "Noo! I'm just curious, can't I be?" I defended, sweat trickling down my forehead.

"Anyways who are these boys?" I asked, changing the topic as I pointed my finger at the fourth picture. "Oh, that's Taehyung and his real, older brother when they were young."

"He has a brother?" My eyes moved to the boy on the right. He did look a little bit older than Taehyung for at least about two years. "Had. He doesn't talk much about his brother. He died at a very young age at 19." Soyeon smiled sadly. "I could have had two, elder brothers."

"Oh," was all I could say, thinking Taehyung must have felt miserable since they looked really close.

"Let's go to the living room!" She suddenly got giddy, grabbing me by the hand and dragged me to to where the rest where. Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jungkook were there.

"Yo," Jungkook greeted when he noticed our presence,  his hands still on the controllers and his eyes on the tv screen. Jimin and Hoseok were at the other side of the living room dancing, and Yoongi, well he was just sleeping like he always does.

"Where are the rest?" I asked Soyeon. "Jin had Saturday classes so Namjoon and Taehyung had to go pick him up," she answered. "Let's just wait for them to arrive. Now if you excuse me, I have to defeat Hoseok and Jimin on a dance off in Xbox to kill time." She let out a soft, evil chuckle as she ran the short distance to the other side of the living room where Jimin and Hoseok were. "As if you can!" I yelled, sticking my tongue out. "Bish," she muttered, and we both laughed.

I didn't know what to do, so I just squatted beside Jungkook as my hands reached to another controller. "Are you up for a challenge?" He paused his game and looked at me. He raised his brows, smirking. I could basically read what was on his mind. "Don't you dare underestimate me," I jokingly warned.

"Sure, just don't cry when I beat your ass up though," he boasted with a smirk on his face. I smacked his head. "Kookie! You're still a fetus. You shouldn't be saying that kind of stuff!" I exclaimed, trying my best to hold in my laughter. "I'm no fetus anymore," He whined, making me laugh.

●_● oh, you mean that fetus? he's a man now. sorry, not sorry. (featuring jin at the back♥)

"Let's just start the game," I sugested, still laughing. However, that picture of Taehyung's brother never left and continued to linger in my mind. Why does he seem kind of familiar?

For the whole afternoon, we just played until we heard the sound of keys at the door.

🃏🃏🃏🃏🃏🃏🃏

waddup fam. it's been two weeks, and i deeply apologize. i've been overthinking on my free time instead of writing this. what do you think they should do in the sleepover? do comment and don't forget to leave a vote. see you on the next chapter! i hope y'all still there :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 7.9K 28
[BOOK 1] Being forced to have a relationship with a playboy is annoying. Well, what if your heart speaks differently from your thoughts? She thought...
865K 24.5K 25
Jeon Jungkook, the most wanted among girls and popular for his playboy image, is to be a young teenage girl's crush, Jung Hye Sang a.k.a Gee Hye. Gee...
571K 19.1K 35
''Shall we do round two?'' ⇒ Whereas you're a normal girl in college minding your own business, there is the biggest playboy called Jungkook who just...
6.8K 115 23
Your name is Caitlin and you attend a highschool in Seoul, Last year you got bullied by the schools biggest playboys (BTS), it was bad enough that yo...