Guarding Azura

By darkgirl731

A rich man's daughter. A protective father. Two bodyguards And an unexpected turn. Azura's life was as simp... More

Character List and Foreword
"Call me Azura please and umm--"
Trust me amigo that's heaven.
No. Effing. Way.
I'm sorry

Prolouge

47 3 12
By darkgirl731

Azura's pov

I groaned.

Pain.

That's all I could feel right now. My head is throbbing--- like someone hit me hard with something.

When I tried moving my hands I felt them tied strongly. I hissed in pain as the rope literally dug into my skin probably cutting the flesh.  My mouth was sealed too with a tape as well as my legs were tied.

Just. Great.

I groaned out again and opened my eyes lightly.

Darkness.

All around me.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times so that my vision could adjust to its dark surroundings.

The images became clearer than before and I saw I was in a room.

'Well duh. Heaven doesn't look like this you know..'  my subconsciousness snorted.

I ignored my brain and looked around. There wasn't much stuff. Only a broken chair and some rubbish.

A window was on my left side through which I could see the sky outside. It was night.

I tried to remember what happened to me.

And suddenly everything rushed back to my brain, like a violent  hurricane.

"Oh no."  I whispered,  "Reuben... He.. oh god I can't----"

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard footsteps outside the door.
Suddenly a bulb glowed in the middle of the room and the door opened.

Two men came inside wearing masks and watched me with curios eyes.

I tried speaking but the tape muffled my voice.

Another figure came inside and I felt my blood boiling with hatred.

I started growling even tho I knew it was hopeless.

The person nodded at one of the men who came and tore of the tape from my mouth making me flinch.

I regained my composure and snorted angrily, looking towards the man  "Thanks dickless."

"You know you should probably behave by seeing the situation you're in.."  the person whom I despised more than ever, glared at me.

"Sorry. But I didn't know there's a rule book for behaviour, where it states 'How to act in front of traitors and skanks'. "

The person was about to retort something back when another person entered with someone.

It was a woman.

I couldn't see her face as it was covered by her hair but judging from the looks she wasn't too young. The man threw the woman on the opposite side of me as I heard her whimper in pain.

My anger was rising constantly and I couldn't control myself.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" I glared at the man.. "She's a woman for God's sake."

The man looked at me with cold eyes. Even in the dim light I could see his green eyes looking straight at me. His figure was bulky and somehow I felt like I've seen him somewhere.

And then it happened.

He pulled off his mask.

My world stopped.

It was like someone sucked out all the air from inside me. I couldn't feel the ground and my head started spinning.

I knew my eyes were wide with tears of anger coz I've been betrayed. I've been played again.

My mind told me to believe what it was seeing but my heart refused to listen. It couldn't be..

How?

How can this happen..

With a broken voice I barely managed to croak out..  "You?"

(Months earlier...)

"Honey.. come downstairs for a while will you?"  I heard my father calling.

"Coming Papa."  I yelled back.

I looked back at the devil, who was staring back at me with its white pages.

It was my biggest fear.

It was chemistry homework.

I huffed in annoyance as I still had two more exercises to do for homework. I had only managed to do 1 exercise in 2 hours and my school was to reopen two days later.

I wasn't the typical nerd but I still wanted good grades. I managed to get an A in probably everything except chemistry.

I don't know. The chemistry between me and chemistry just didn't feel right. It's just we're not meant for each other.

Ignoring my thoughts I hopped off my bed and started going downstairs.

Once I reached downstairs I saw uncle Phill and dad gossiping and sipping wine from glasses.

Uncle Phill is my bodyguard.

And I've been provided with bodyguards because my father is the richest man in state. He has his own line of companies known as the 'Gray Corp'. It mostly included private industries along with security companies.

Gray securities was famous all over the world for its professional and well trained bodyguards. And I was quite proud of my father.

He had achieved all of this himself.

And because I was his daughter, he was very very protective of me. I've had bodyguards since the age of 6 so that nothing could harm me.

Uncle Phill has been my bodyguard since then. Now I'm 17 and he had gotten old. Though he was the best bodyguard the world had ever seen. He's more like a second father to me----only he was more bulky and sturdy.

"Hello Papa. Uncle Phill. "  I said approaching them.

They both turned their heads to look at me and smiled brightly.

"Here comes my princess.."  Uncle Phill said softly.

I giggled and sat in between them.
I looked like my dad. He was now in his early forties and he had deep brown eyes like me. He was fair and physically fit. Let's just say woman of his age found my father very intimidating and well attractive.

"So why was I called?" I asked Papa.

He looked at me and then at uncle Phill.  I was confused.

"Honey..uncle Phill will no longer be your bodyguard from tomorrow."  He said softly.

As much as I loved the idea of being free, I couldn't find happiness in it.  Uncle Phill has been with me, since like forever. When Papa wasn't there, he had been the one to be always available for me.

"But why..?" I asked with teary eyes.

Uncle Phill quickly shook his head and cupped my cheeks.
"As you can see princess, your uncle Phill is no longer young. I won't be able to protect you like I did before. I'm getting old Azura and you're growing up into a fine young lady. You'll need someone stronger to guard you now."

I shook my head and whimpered. "No. You're still strong. You can easily take 10 guys at a time uncle. Please don't leave me. I don't want anyone else being my bodyguard."

He smiled softly. "Azura, it's been a wonderful journey with you till now. I've loved you like my own daughter. I've seen you grow everyday and to say the least..I'm proud of you. I care about you sweety and I can't protect you like I did before. Try to understand please."

I sniffed and looked at my father.
"He's right honey. Don't worry the ones who're coming to guard you are the best guards of gray securities. They'll never let anything happen to you."

Hang on.

"GUARDS??"  I asked astonished, "You know as in plural??"

My Papa gave me a sheepish grin while I glared at him.

"No.Way. Papa you've already so many guards all around the house and now you're assigning two personal bodyguards for me???" I asked incredulously.

"No listen. It's not like two bodyguards at a time. They'll take turns. One will be with you in the morning duty and the other one will be having evening duty. "  He reasoned.

Huh?

"That's awkward."  I scratched my head.  "Why this kinda arrangement?"

He smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry it's for the best. And the night bodyguard has some problems due to his father being ill so this will be the routine for some months. Then he'll accompany you all the time with the other bodyguard."

I groaned whereas uncle Phill chuckled.

I know I couldn't change his mind. When it came to my safety my father never took any chances. He himself has four personal bodyguards.

"Fine. "  I grumbled.

Uncle and father high fived each other. Like literally.

"That's like my daughter."  Father said kissing my forehead.

I hugged uncle Phill.  "I'll miss you."

He chuckled and hugged me back. "I'll come visit all the time don't worry. Your father has made me the head of the southern branch."

I beamed a smile at both of them and bid them goodbye.

Going upstairs I flopped down on my bed, my thoughts wondering about how will my bodyguards be.

I mean the guards around the house are pretty much mute and strict except few. They didn't talk or move an inch. Sometimes I felt like they were statues or something.

I checked the time on my bedside table to see it was 6pm.
I craved for some mc Donald's.

I picked up my phone and called my best friend.

"Hey there miss gray.." June's voice rang from the other side.

I rolled my eyes at that. "Me hungry. Mc Donald's now!"

"Is it just me? Or did you really forget how to use English?"
I could literally see June sighing and shaking her head thinking what's she gonna do with me.

"You know I don't speak properly when I'm hungry."  I pouted.

"Stop pouting Azura gray. I'll be at your house within 5. Hey. Do you want me to call Valentine too?"

I thought for a few minutes and decided against it. "Nah. I just want both of us to spend some time together. She's still in Venice I guess and Declan is still with his grandparents.  By the way did you fix a camera in my room or something?"

She chuckled and kept the phone.

Damn that girl. She knew me too well.

Well I don't have a very big circle of friends but whatever I have, it's more than enough.

June Reynolds is my best friend since kindergarten. She stays after a few houses from mine. Her father and my father are business partners. Though they're not as rich as us..but they're farely good enough.  She was lucky. At least she didn't have to withstand bodyguards all around her.
She is a little nerdy but a very outspoken girl when needed. Other times she would just have this shy aura around her.  She is very cute. I love her as she's the only person who loves me so much after my dad.

The second friend I have in my group is Declan Wallace. He's a typical playboy. With his charming personality and drop dead gorgeous looks he can make a girl come to his bedroom within seconds. Literally. We met in 3rd grade and since then we've been inseparable. He cares for both of us deeply and chases away every boy who even try to come near us.

Ugh.

And last but not the least.

We have Valentine Summers. She's the diva of the group. She's the daughter of the state's no. 1 fashion designer and to say the least she looks like those Victoria secret angels.
Having the perfect face and body she rules the school and is the cheerleader captain.

I know I know what you must be thinking. How can the Queen bee be my best friend?

Well I hate to break it to you but not all cheerleaders are snotty and arrogant. She is kind and very courageous. She's confident and fearless.
We met sometime at around our junior year and just clicked.

I heard a car honk and ran downstairs as June was here.

Uncle Phill was by my side at an instant.

I got in the car and sat on the passenger seat while uncle Phill sat on his motorcycle.

Yes. He's a bad ass.

June smiled at me as we headed towards Mc Donald's.

A/n: hey guys. The first chapter. Tell me your views.

And if liked hit the orange star button.

Pic to the side---->>> Emma Watson as Azura Gray.

love you.
Amy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 718 21
"Stay here, and behave like a good girl." He told you. You watch him walk away to go talk to a group of his friends. Were they his friends? You coul...
432 80 21
The cliched plot of a celebrity, "bad boy" meeting a commoner, "good girl" and falling in love, eventually? Not exactly! Celebrities aren't always...
1.5K 65 27
What would happen if you were appointed as a bodyguard for the person you were supposed to assassinate? Adhiveer is a beloved king. Loved and adored...
659K 33.1K 95
Fortuna Institute, an esteemed elite school located in present-day Manchester, England. Beautiful, breath-taking, and filled with history, no one cou...