Fairy Tail: Legend of Roxas

By SonicBlade40

Lucy's childhood friend Roxas Eragon, A powerful slayer arrives in hopes of finding something worth protectin... More

Chapter 1 - Arrival
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Fairy Tail!
Chapter 3 - Daybreak
Chapter 4 - Enter the Water Dragon Slayer
Chapter 5 - Wizard in Armor
Chapter 6 - Lullaby!
Chapter 7 - The Cursed Island
Chapter 8 - Brawl on Galuna Island!
Chapter 9 - Just do Whatever!
Chapter 10 - Galuna Island: The Final Battle
Chapter 11 - Mission: Destroy The Moon!
Chapter 12 - Changeling
Chapter 13 - This Means War!
Chapter 14 - Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter 15 - Showdown Between Water and Ice!
Chapter 16 - Fairies vs Phantoms
Chapter 18 - Lucy's Resolve
Chapter 19 - The Darkness Within
Chapter 20 - The Onibus Town Players
Chapter 21 - The Truth About Leo
Chapter 22 - Tower of Heaven
Chapter 23 - Heaven's Bitter Path
Chapter 24 - Jellal's Game
Chapter 25 - Race Against Etherion
Chapter 26 - The Power Within
Chapter 27 - Return to Magnolia
Chapter 28 - First Kiss
Chapter 29 - Fighting Festival
Chapter 30 - Melee in Magnolia
Chapter 31 - Thunder Palace
Chapter 32 - Final Clash
Chapter 33 - Final Clash Part 2
Chapter 34 - Fantaisa
Chapter 35 - The Fateful Encounter
Chapter 36 - Power Unleashed
Chapter 37 - Rampage
Chapter 38 - Natsu vs Roxas
Chapter 39 - Light vs Dark: The Final Battle Part 1
Chapter 40 - Light vs. Dark: The Final Battle Part 2

Chapter 17 - Fairies vs Phantoms Part 2

710 16 1
By SonicBlade40

Enjoy!

-------------------

Lucy: Last time on Fairy Tail: Legend of Roxas.
Erza is striking down Aria with her Blumenblatt.

Happy: We have defeated the Element 4
Jose appears and he quickly defeats Natsu, Ariel, Gray, Elfman and Mira.

Lucy: Jose is still too powerful, I would imagine only the master would beat him
Erza re-equips into her Black Wing Armor and battles Jose.

Happy: But we still have Roxas, right?
Roxas headbutts Gajeel away.

Lucy: Roxas used up too much power and now he's down! Please Roxas, get up!
Roxas is thrown across the room and lays on the ground.

----------------------

Roxas felt like he was falling into an abyss. His whole body felt numb. Wherever he turned, he saw nothing but darkness everywhere.

'Where am I...? It's so..cold...'

A flicker of color caught his attention. Roxas looked closer and the black area around him evaporated into a different scene. He was hovering over a group of people in the rain. Strangely, he couldn't feel the water as it fell on him. Confused, he observed the seen more carefully.

The people were ones he recognized, he saw the Master, Natsu, Ariel, Gray, Erza, and Lucy as well as the rest of the guild. Roxas frowned. They were crying. Why were they crying? He opened his mouth to ask, but no words came out. Becoming more and more confused by the second, he looked at the scene more carefully. They were at Kardia Cathedral, standing before a grave. Roxas's eyes widened. The grave on the left was one that said, 'Lisanna' Mira and Elfman's sister.

But the one on the right was a new one. It was very similar to Lisanna's, a simple gravestone with the fairy tail insignia, with a platform behind it. On the platform sat a large stone fox with nine tails, sitting tall with it's head held proudly. It's eyes were made of white diamonds. The fox's chest had a word engraved into it, Nine-Tails.

It suddenly clicked in Roxas's head as to what he was looking at. 'No way...'

'I....died?'

He watched the Master try to say a few words, but the old man choked up and just walked forward to place flowers on the gravestone.

Lucy was next. She sniffed and placed a rose on the grave. "I'm so sorry Roxas...this is all my fault. I-if I hadn't come with you to Fairy Tail, you wouldn't have die-left me...You were my best friend. I-I remember back when we had just m-met... I was being a stupid little kid and got myself stuck in that hole... Who knows what would have happened if I had stayed there... But I didn't. You found me there and helped me return to my family... I could never be more happy that you did, or even better when we became friends... Especially when Mom died... You and my spirits were my only light in this world, with my terrible father wanting to control my life, you encouraged me to be who I wanted to be, not who my father wanted... I was so sad when he had kicked you out... I was so depressed for all those years... But then we met again and I..." She lost the ability to keep talking and walked away, teary eyed.

Roxas was frozen. 'No...! Lucy, I'm not dead! I'm right here!'

Suddenly, Natsu stepped forward, with a glare on his face. "I've had enough! I can't just stand back and watch you go through with this!"

Roxas looked down on his shouting pinked haired friend with a look of disbelief on his face. He watches as Natsu is pinned down onto the ground, and others begging him to stop.

"HE'S STILL ALIVE! I KNOW IT!" Natsu screamed, as his arms were viciously pinned behind his back.

"Natsu! Please! Stop this!" Lucy cried, tears stilling falling down her cheeks.

"Stop this man! Now isn't the time to be stupid!" Gray growled at his rival, seriously ticked off with him for pulling a stunt like this.

"Natsu, you must calm yourself." Ezra stated calmly as she stood over the Dragon Slayer, but the look in her eyes showed sorry for the loss of her friend.

"Don't you all get it! Roxas is alive! He is alive and fighting right now! GET off of me!" Natsu demanded as he struggled.

Roxas watched all this happen with a look of disbelief on his face.

'This wasn't suppose to happen! I can't just die like this!'... I have to keep fighting!'

Time seemed to slow down, Natsu shouting into the air as many of the guild members cried out or had to hold Natsu down.

Roxas looked down, a shadow crosses his face.

'My friends... Lucy... Natsu... Happy... Ezra... Gray...Ariel... The guild! I can't die! I still have so much to do! So much to see! I'm not gonna give up the fight now!'

Roxas suddenly looks up as a large blast if wind flies around him, an orange glow coming from the middle of his chest. As the cemetery scene disappears before him, he found his voice.

"GAAAAAAAJEEEEEEEEL!"

As his form was completely surrounded by crimson flames, his vision goes black.

------------------------

"Roxas!" Lucy shouted over to her friend's downed form. "Roxas, please get up!"

Despite her best efforts, she still didn't get reply from Roxas.

Seeing this, Gajeel burst out laughing. "Hahahaha! "So that's the power of Fairy Tail's Fox Slayer? Heh.... pathetic. I was expecting more from you. A shame it had to come to this, really, This all could have been avoid if you Fairy Tail fools would have just handed over that 'Lucy' girl right there. No matter now...Now that you're guild's destroyed, all that's left is wipe out the rest of you clowns and get that girl to Master Jose. Although, before I do that, I should knock her around a bit more."

Gajeel then looked over at Lucy with a wicked grin before turning his hand into a iron club and began to walk over to her. Lucy gripped her eyes, but the fear was still on her face as she took a step back. 'Roxas, help me!' she thought.

As if her thoughts were answered, she looked over around Gajeel and saw Roxas slowly getting to his feet, on weary legs.

"He...He's getting up?"

"That guy's insane."

"Hmm? So it seems you still got some fight left, Eragon." Gajeel commented as he watched the fox slayer get up. He then transformed his other arm into an iron club as well., "It's been fun tossing you around like a ragdoll, but I think it's time I ended this." With that, he dash forward fully prepared to to finish off the whiskered mage once and for all.

"ROXAS, LOOK OUT!" Lucy screamed out.

Roxas looked at the ground with his sliver locks overshadowing his eyes as he clenched his fist tightly.

Rage punched him, and this time he grabbed it, amplified it by thinking of what Phantom Lord had done to Fairy Tail, Team Shadow Gear, the Master, his friends and worst of all Lucy. These bastards had dared to lay a finger on her. Taking her in the first place was bad enough. But now they had hurt her, and Roxas planned to make them pay blood for blood. He would shred through them and make them wish they had never been born. He then used that firestorm of hatred and anger to boost his own power.

The things Phantom Lord did played themselves in Roxas's mind, in mute fast forward, yet every detail was clear and not lost on him.

Gajeel was almost upon him with his iron club.

Time sped back up.

"Farewell, Eragon!"

"NO!!!" Lucy shouted in terror.

Gajeel then threw the iron club forward wot hall his might. Everyone in the room had to shield their eyes from the shock wave that came from the powerful attack. Lucy, shielding her face from the shockwave, began to sneak a peek. Then, a storm of dirt and debris kicked up, forcing her to cover her face again.

When she felt secure enough to look, she lowered her arm and gasped sharply. Roxas had caught Gajeel's fist, his left hand steaming from the impact.

Gajeel withdrew slightly and that opening was all the fox slayer needed. Roxas's right fist snapped up, impossibly fast, and drove into Gajeel's face.

Gajeel felt like the moon had come down from the sky and hit him. He felt the bridge of his nose snap, along with his iron scales, and he was vaguely aware of flying. He smashed into the earth and ripped a furrow in the soil before smashing into the wall in a massive cloud.

"Roxas!" Lucy cried joyfully, then stopped short. Her eyes widening in horror. There something odd about Roxas. The Magic power she was feeling now from felt way different than what she felt from him before. It felt like a black, sticky tar that makes her feel like she is trapped and suffocating at the same time.

Roxas stood there shaking with his fist still out, as steam began to materialize from his body. "You Phantom Lord bastards sicken me..." he said in low voice before his body began shaking. "First, you attacked my guild, Levy and her team, Gramps, my friends, and then you capture Lucy and beat up on her..."

Gajeel climbed out of the rubble he was in and looked over at Roxas who was still shaking with rage.

Roxas then shouted out while unknowingly slipping a hint of malice in his voice, "I won't forgive you!"

Lucy and everyone else in the room noticed the change, as powerful magic power began to come out of Roxas. They were staring at him in disbelief, they noticed the whiskered boy's features become harden and aggressive like earlier.

'Wha-What is this power?!' Both Lucy and Gajeel were thinking as they were starting to become afraid of Roxas's sudden change. As Roxas clutched his fists, his eyes narrowed even more in anger as magic leaked out of him in a malicious way. Soon, fox flames began to surround his body, but they weren't the blue flames Lucy knew. This time, they were ominous, dark crimson flames.

"I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!"

Surges of crimson fox flames swirled around Roxas while Lucy could only gaze in shock and fear. The power of the flames was emitting at a rapid pace that it began to tear at the ground beneath them.

'What... What is this power?! This is definitely magic I'm sensing... but what is this feeling...?' Lucy thought mentally as she saw Roxas clutching his fists tightly. It was then that the Lucy, Gajeel and the Phantom grunts saw something that would forever been burned into their memories.

Swirling around the enraged Roxas, the flames began to fuse together and formed a giant snarling fox head. The giant apparition of power not only looked fierce but the negative emotions that were emitting from it shook everyone to the core.

Deciding to forget about the strange anomaly the fox head was, Gajeel noticed steam emitting in the air somewhere. He turned his gaze to Lucy and saw that she was still staring at Roxas in shock and fear. But Lucy's eyes weren't just focused on the whiskered boy; no, she was also gazing at most of Roxas' wounds that were suddenly healing. Gajeel couldn't believe his eyes when she saw this occurrence and was beginning to wonder how strong the whiskered slayer really was.

'What is this?! Is this the extent of Roxas' magic?! It's so intense, so dark, not like the warm and safe feeling his flames give... Roxas... What happened to you?' Lucy thought almost in a frantic manner.

"Now, Black Steel," Roxas said, as he cracked his knuckles, "You and I have some unfinished business." He suddenly vanished, causing everyone to look around for him. Soon Gajeel felt a presence behind and tunred, right as Roxas's crimson-flamed fist drilled right into his cheek, snapping his head back around with a sickening crunch of iron on bone, blood mixed with saliva flying everywhere.

The moment his fist hit, Roxas put more pressure behind it and the dragon slayer went flying, drilling straight into the ground in a massive spray of earth. The fox slayer didn't hesitate, before his cheeks bulged and unleashed a destructive stream of crimson flames.

"Nine-Tails' Howl!"

The crimson flames immediately engulfed Gajeel; causing the iron dragon slayer to bellow in pain as his skin was severely burned.

"AAGGGHHH!" Gajeel roared, "I WILL KILL YOU, ERAGON!"

He then charged at Roxas with intense speed and raised his right fist ready to strike. When Gajeel punched Roxas in the face, Roxas didn't even flinch. then continued to throw punches at Roxas. However, with ease, Roxas dodged Gajeel's punches. In one swift movement, Roxas smacked Gajeel across the face that sends him flying to the ground once more. As Gajeel got up from the ground and wiped his mouth, he saw blood on his hands.

"Damn you!" Gajeel yelled, as he put some distance between himself and Roxas. The iron dragon slayer then took a deep breath. "Iron Dragon's Roar!" before firing the large deadly beam of metal.

Before the blast made contact, Roxas then raised an arm and without trying, deflected the blast off his hand and sent it sailing into the wall, causing it to explode on impact.

"No way...H-He deflected it!?" Gajeel said in shock.

"You dare you lay a finger on m friends with that damn grin on your face!" Roxas roared, glaring hard at Gajeel with cold red eyes. "I said, I'd make you pay for everything you've done! And I'm here to collect! You're gonna wish you never even heard of Fairy Tail or me!" Before Gajeel had a chance to react, Roxas delivered a powerful punch strike into Gajeel's stomach, knocking the air out of him.

As Gajeel wrapped his arms around his stomach, Roxas said "That's for attacking Fairy Tail!"

When Gajeel got up, he started to throw more punches at Roxas. But just like before, Roxas dodges all his attacks. Once Gajeel threw one more punch, Roxas quickly dodges it and delivers a powerful knee-kick into Gajeel's chin that causes him to fall backwards.

As soon as Gajeel fell to the floor, Roxas said "That's for hurting Levy, my friends, as well as Gramps!."

When Anubis got on his feet, Sora raised his right arm and crimson flames engulfed it. He then launched at the dragon slayer and said in a furious way. "And this is for hurting Lucy!"

Roxas slammed his fist into Gajeel's face, causing another shockwave that sends him flying towards a nearby wall creating another dust cloud to erupt. When Gajeel began to climb his feet, he failed to noticed Roxas jumping down at him from above.

The ground rumbled again, throwing a thick, choking, black cloud of dust over the area as Roxas drove both feet into Gajeel's back. Roxas glared down at the screaming dragon slayer below him and picked him up by the throat. Gajeel looked worse for wear now. His clothes were torn, he was bleeding, and there were dark blue and black bruises blooming on his pale hide. Roxas's aura flared into being again as his one-handed grip on Gajeel's windpipe tightened viciously.

Gajeel gagged and gurgled, helpless in the immovable steel grip. "Please," he managed to choke out around the vice on neck. "H-H-Have...m-m...mercy."

"Mercy?" Roxas asked silkily. Gajeel looked shocked but soon was gurgling from lack of air. "You want mercy?" The boy's aura flared out wider in response to his emotions as the killing intent became almost too much to take. "If you want mercy, then I suggest you be sincere about it, bastard. But did you show mercy to Lucy or Team Shadow Gear? Huh? Answer me!"

Gajeel clawed at the deceptively slight hand that had him by the throat. Though he pushed and pulled with all his considerable might, Gajeel was unable to break the adrenalin and anger-fueled grip of Roxas. Roxas blasted a fist into the Gajeel's face, rocking his head back, blood spraying from his nose and mouth. "ANSWER ME!"

Gajeel spluttered something.

"I can't hear you," Roxas snarled.

The Phantom mages cowered in fear as they watched their strongest member was beaten. "M-monster!"

"I think it's end to this." Roxas growled and pulled fist back for the final blow and just as he was about to finish the job, when...

"STOP IT, ROXAS!" Lucy shouted, suddenly running directly towards Roxas before throwing herself at him and wrapping her arms around him from behind. Growling and snapping his head to the side to see who interfered, Roxas's gaze softened and felt his heart drop when he saw Lucy.

Tears were running down her cheeks. The corrosive crimson flames burned at her skin, but she didn't let go. "Stop it, please..." She begged him quietly. "...This isn't you." She didn't want to see him like this, she just wanted her Roxas back. "Please."

Seeing Lucy like this snapped Roxas out of his anger before he dropped the beaten dragon slayer and the vile flames began to flicker away. After that, Roxas's features returned back to normal.

Seeing the familiar pair of crystal blue eyes, Lucy let go. Roxas caught her and sat her on the ground gently, kneel beside her. He then looked down and saw how burnt her arms were. Guilt began to fill him as he realized he just hurt his best friend. "L-Lucy...I...I'm sorry...I-I didn't mean to..." He spoke sadly as he looked down at the ground with downcast eyes and began shaking.

"Roxas..." Lucy whispered

"Are you afraid of me?" Roxas suddenly asked.

"What?" Lucy replied, stunned by the question.

"Are you afraid of me?" Roxas repeated. As Lucy looked at him, she saw the warmth in his eyes was still there, but there was something harder as well.

"No, I'm not." she answered without hesitation. Roxas paused, simply looking at her for a while before finally nodding. "Why would you ask that?"

"After what you just saw, I wouldn't blame you if you were, is all," Roxas said. "I lost myself there. My Fox Slayer magic is a double-edge sword."

"What do you mean?"

"It's an exponential boost in power, but I were to succumb to rage and hatred, I'd become much more susceptible to anger and other negative emotions." He looked at his hands as if they'd betrayed him. "Those flames you saw, they were proof of that. Rage, that primal urge to kill was there. When heard you scream and saw how Gajeel hurt you and then the guild, I just snapped...." 

He then felt a hand on his cheek. As he turned to face her, Lucy pulled him in for a warm hug, holding him tight against her as she pushed herself against him.

"I'm not afraid of you, Roxas. I know you were trying to protect me. Honestly, I enjoy being around you," she whispered. "It's good to have you back...the real you."

She felt Roxas put his arms around her, returning the warm hug and holding her tight. "Thanks, Lu." he whispered in her ear.

------------------------

"My, my." Jose laughed, as the room began to collapse around them. "That fox of yours love to rampage and run wild...But judging from that power we just felt, it seems my iron dragon was defeated."

" Don't underestimated Roxas...His...His magical power is on par with, if not more. Just like Natsu." Erza said, trying her best to remain standing. The scarlet-haired knight was exhausted from the constant fighting, and was on the verge of collapse. But Titania couldn't falter now, around her laid the bodies of her unconscious friends. If she fell now, they'd all be easy targets for Jose.

"Hm, stop being so modest Titania." Jose said, as he let out a dark chuckle. "Your magical power is truly something to behold. Truth be told...no mage has ever lasted this long against me." An evil smirk spread across Jose's face, as he raised his hand. "Why if you hadn't stopped Jupiter this may have been a much more interesting fight. However, I just can't stand the thought..." Dark magical energy began to gather around Jose's hand. "Of another mage of that level existing in Makarov's guild!" A stream of dark energy flew from Jose's hand and struck Erza. Titania screamed in pain, as she was sent flying back into a wall. "Do you have any idea why I didn't just kill Makarov outright?" Erza suddenly sprang out of the wall to dodge another one of Jose's attacks. "Despair. I wanted to show him true and unrelenting despair." Erza growled when she saw another twisted smile on Jose's face. "How would he feel to open his eye and find his beloved guild destroyed and children killed. Hahahaha...such sorrow he would feel...I can almost see it now...I will kill that man once I know he feels true despair! I won't simply kill him! That would be far too easy! I must make him suffer, suffer until the bitter end!"

"You disgusting bastard!" Erza growled, continuing to dodge Jose's attacks.

"Phantom Lord has always been the number one guild in Fiore..." Jose continued, a maniacal look in his eyes. "In this whole country, our magic was unsurpassed, our members' talents were unsurpassed, and our wealth was unsurpassed! But...in the span of just a few years Fairy Tail rose to power." Jose leveled a fierce glare upon Erza. "Laxus and Erza, Mystogan and Gildarts, even Salamander, Braveheart and Aqua Goddess...their names spread as far as my hometown. Before I knew it, Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail came to represent this country. I-I just couldn't stand it! They, who started out as some shitty weak little guild, now challenged the might Phantom Lord for the spot of top guild!"

"Are you telling me this whole war was because of some petty jealousy?!" Erza roared, charging forward and slashing her dual swords at Jose. Phantom Lord's master easily dodged Erza's powerful strikes. "All this bloodshed and destruction was because you were jealous of us?!"

"Jealousy? That's not it." Jose said, as he dodged a horizontal slash. "We just wish to make it painfully clear that we're the strongest guild in Fiore!"

"For some pathetic reason like that!? You caused all this chaos just so you could flex your muscles, and show how strong you are?!" Erza screamed, before she was captured by Jose's magic. The scarlet-haired knight winced as the magic's grip on her tightened.

"Oh, Fairy Tail has been irritating me for a long time. But the trigger for this war was actually quite trivial." Jose said, as a smirk spread across his face. "We received a request to recover the lost heiress to the Heartfilia conglomerate."

'Lucy?!' Erza thought, fearing for the blonde celestial spirit mage's safety.

"The daughter of one of the wealthiest men in Fiore joined Fairy Tail?! How 'amazing' did your guild have to become before you were satisfied?!" Jose yelled, with a crazed look in his eyes. "If you pathetic guild had free reign over the Heartfilia's funds...then your power would finally exceed Phantom Lord's! And that is something that simply cannot happen!" Erza screamed in pain, as the magic began to constrict her. The scarlet-haired knight coughed up some blood as her breathing started to become ragged. However, through all the pain Erza managed to crack a smile.

"You know, it's pretty pathetic of you to get all worked up over 'who's the best.' But...what's really surprising is how terrible...your information gathering is." Erza said in a strained voice, as sweat began to pour off her brow. "

"What did you say, little missy?" Jose asked, glaring at Titania.

"Lucy ran away from home...We couldn't use her money...even if we wanted too..." Erza explained, which caused Jose's eyes to widen considerably. "She lives in a 70,000 jewel apartment, that she works her ass off to pay for...just like the rest of us...she's fought with us...laughed with us...and cried with us...She became friends with everyone in the span of a few days...She's a mage of our guild...You're telling me this war started because of Lucy, heiress to the Heartfilia family? A flower can't pick where it blooms...And a child can't choose the parents she's born to." Erza became filled with a sudden rage, as she fiercely glared at Jose. "You don't know a thing about Lucy!"

"Well I guess I'll find out then." Jose said, a maniacal glint in his eyes. "Do you really expect me to hand her over for free? Oh no, I'm going milk her for every cent she's worth, until the Heartfilia's have no money left. I'm going to get my hands on the entire Heartfilia fortune."

"CURSE YOU!" Erza roared, as she desperately tried break free from the magic restraining her. 

Now that I have you, I will show how pathetic you look to all your guild mates, once they see you in this pitiful image, they will have no spirit left to fight."

"You...!" Erza begins but she is later shocked by the ghosts around her so she wasn't able to finish her sentence. "If I am nothing but a liability... I can't let the others give up." She telekinetically picked up her sword and she was going to impale herself with it from the back so that the fighting spirit in Fairy Tail wouldn't be dragged down. However a light was seen and it then freed Erza from the ghosts that were keeping her restrained and she fell to the ground as they faded and the pieces of her armour that were broken off were broken off were coming back together.

"What is this!" Jose yelled and he fired three more ghost blasts at Erza but numerous yellow magical seal appeared in front of Jose and his beam was blocked and Makarov stood in front of Erza.

"Master..." Erza began.

Mira, Gray, Natsu, Ariel and Elfman got up and they are surprised to see the light source, even more surprising was that it was coming from Makarov and he was glaring at Jose.

"Is that...Gramps?" Nastu asked.

"I can't believe it, master. You're okay." Ariel said.

"So that light was coming from you?" Gray asked and they guild master nodded.

"All of you, leave the Phantom Lord guild. I will fight against Jose, alone." He said with a serious tone.

"Say what!? Come on, Gramps! We have a better chance if we fight him together!" Natsu argued.

"Yeah, we can easily beat him if we to this together." Gray said.

"Just wait and see what we can do!" Elfman said. "Like real men!"

"Enough!" Erza exclaimed. "Master can and will fight him alone. If any of us were here we would only be getting in the way." Erza said.

"Erza is right. We are already worn out from fighting the others of Phantom Lord, maybe we should just let Makarov handle this fight." Ariel said.

After they made their decision to leave, the six then left the room and then Jose smirked. "I'm sure that you have no need for the small fry, but don't worry I'll be around to slaughter them afterwards."

"Too much blood has been spilled, blood of children. It is thanks to pitiful parents, a child had to go through many pains, and shed many tears. This fight has gone too far and I will put a stop to it!" Makarov said.

"You wish to start a catastrophe?" Jose asked while smirking.

"It will be necessary for my guild, that I do this."

---------------------

In the forest outside of Magnolia, Porlyusica is standing outside of her house, and she begins to look up at the sky. "It would seem that nature itself, fears Makarov and Jose's impeding clash." After she says this she kicks a wooden cart of apples and they all fall to the ground, "Humans are a foolish race of simpletons who see fighting as the only means of accomplishment!" she then grabs her broom and begins to swing around in rage hitting more crates.

An apple rolled to a tree root and it was then picked up by Mystogan while he was sitting on the tree branch. "May I eat this." He asked in his slightly muffled voice. Porlyuisca turns to him.

Porlyusica glares at the S-Class wizard "It was odd that Makarov recovered as quickly as he did, so I gather it was you who managed to gather his lost magic back together." Porlyusica deduced and Mystogan took a bite out of the apple he was holding. "HEY! I didn't say you could eat it!" she exclaimed. "I don't like it when people fight each other, and shouldn't you be out there fighting Phantom Lord, since you are a member of Fairy Tail?" she asked and suddenly a powerful breeze blasts through them and all the Phantom Lord subdivision flags are blown all over the area. 'Could this mean that Mystogan attacked all the smaller divisions of Phantom Lord?' she thought in shock as they landed all over the forest.

Mystogan finishes the apple and he gets up from the tree root. "May I have another apple?" he asked the old pink haired woman.

"AS IF! Look at the mess you left around my forest!" she yelled. "Those Fairy Tail wizards never cease to amaze me, but power can cause nothing but sorrow, leading one to become angry and forget that they are caught in a whirlwind wrought with tragedies."

"I wish to believe that such tragedies even harmful tragedies are swathed in light; the light that will guide the world forward." Mystogan said.

-------------------------

Makarov and Jose were still in the room and the others were long gone leaving the both of them alone. "It has been six years since two guild masters stood face to face like this, Fairy Tail has grown so much within that time." Makarov said.

"Haha, your guild is nothing but a pile of rubble now." Jose mocked.

Makarov now made light glow from his pointing finger. "A guild is not a physical being, but a union of its members, a coming together of family." He said as he made a constellation of light with his finger by dragging it around

"You know I am glad that the both of us get to face off, it's not every day that Two Wizard Saints get to face off in a dual, and after this battle we will see who is superior." Jose said and now his scalaras became black and his eye colour was a very faint purple in the middle of his scaleras

"Thank you my children, for all that you have done, you should be proud to be in Fairy Tail." He said as his entire hand then glowed a bright yellow.

The sky began to rumble as Makarov and Jose were about to clash in their battle. Makarov blasted a yellowish white light to Jose with his one hand and Jose does the same thing as he blasts a magenta beam from one hand as well and they both clash and this made the energy of the blasts cover both Makarov and Jose as they were both floating in the air when they were attacking and there was a light blue shockwave right where the blasts collided and Makarov with his free hand then blasted three light tendrils towards Jose and the dark wizard almost a split second later, blasts three magenta ghosts from his free hand too and the tendrils collided and this caused a huge explosion and this made a huge shockwave that blew all around the Phantom Lord broken down mecha.

----------------------

Roxas and Lucy were still inside the mecha when a huge shockwave was speeding towards them and Roxas held Lucy to him to keep her from flying away due the blast.

"What was that?!" Lucy asked. She looked at Roxas who, to her surprise was grinning.

"I'll give you one guess." Roxas said. "Gramps is up there kicking ass and taking name."

"Let's hope that their battle doesn't take us out along with the entire town." Lucy said with worry.

----------------------

Back at the battle. Jose glared at Makarov and he made four magenta ghosts form around his right hand and they formed a purplish white ball of energy. "Dead Wave!" he yelled and he then flung the ball of energy through a dark magic circle and he shot to Makarov in the form of a magenta blast stream however Makarov outstretched his hand and quickly made a white circular barrier to protect himself and the blast covered him and outside the guild a growing purple ball of energy could be seen with red electricity raging from the sides of it and it made an explosion.

Through the dust a hole was seen and Makarov was floating and he flung his arms forward and he made three yellow magic circles appear in front of his sides and his legs and he put his fingers together and a small white ball of energy appeared in between his hands and it grew and he fired a long, powerful blast of white energy at Jose and he was engulfed by the blast and this made a huge hole in the opposite end of the room and a huge light energy was seen from outside.

Jose appears almost unscathed from Makarov's last attack. "You power is impressive at your young age, Jose. You have definitely earned your place within the Ten Wizard Saints. However the world would have benefited better from your influence if you had chosen to use your power for good and become a role model to the younger generation."

"Are you preaching to me, Makarov?" Jose asked.

"This battle has gone on for long enough, Jose. I will ask you to surrender." Makarov said.

"What!?" Jose angrily asked.

"As is Fairy Tail tradition, I will give you till the count three to kneel and beg for mercy." Makarov said as he lost his pupils and his white scaleras were left of his eyes and he brought his hands close together as he hovered in the air. "ONE!"

"You must be crazy. Old man." Jose laughed.

Makarov made a yellowish white orb of energy appear in between his hands. "TWO!"

"When it comes to battle, we are even in strength if I am not stronger than you! You expect the number-one guild in the country to bow down to you?! I will never say you are stronger than me! IT SHOULD BE YOU BOWING TO ME! FAIRY TAIL WILL DISAPPEAR FOREVER!" Jose yelled as he unleashed a blast of Darkness magic at Makarov.

"THREE!" Makarov clapped his hands together and the darkness magic that was speeding to him had dissipated and he was floating in the air and whitish-yellow light filled the room and light yellow energy was coming from in between Makarov's palms and his eyes were closed. "FAIRY LAW!" he yelled and when his eyes opened a yellow seal with the Fairy Tail emblem was seen coming from his eyes.

----------------------

Meanwhile outside the area was now a bright yellow.

"What is that!?" Gray asked.

"That is Fairy Law." Erza said.

"Fairy Law?" Ariel asked.

"It is one of Master's powerful spells." Erza told her.

Suddenly a colossal yellow magic circle appeared in the sky above the Phantom guild. The seal then closed and a huge explosion of light was made and the light explosion had spread and the shades were seen being faded away as the light spread to them.

The light faded and Ariel who braced herself saw that nothing had happened to them. "We're okay?" She said in surprise.

"I don't get it, we were caught in the blast, how come the shades got defeated and not us?" Gray asked.

"The Master called fourth, Fairy Law. This is a righteous light that slays the darkness. It only attacks those that which the caster believes is evil." Erza explained.

"Oh I get it now. This was a way to defeat Jose and the shades in one go." Natsu figured. "Wow, Gramps is so awesome!"

---------------------

When the light fades the room is almost entirely gone and they were looking up at the sky. When the dust clears. Jose appears however he looked old with greyish pale skin, with white hair as he looked frightened and he was covering his face as if the hide from the light.

Your rage got the better of you. The magical council will definitely send down punishment on both of us for this. We have other things to attend to for the moment but for now, I will only tell you once. Never come near Fairy Tail ever again. This battle is over." Makarov said and he began to walk away. Suddenly there was an invisible force close by and it appeared behind him and it was Aria.

"So vulnerable. The sorrow..." he said as he attempted to drain Makarov's magic again but suddenly Makarov punched him from behind with a stretched fist and the air mage fell to the ground.

"Now take Jose away and leave." Makarov said not looking at the pair. "Before I change my mind." He happily said with a foolish smile as he turned to face Aria.

Meanwhile on the ground. The Fairy Tail mages were celebrating as they had won the war against Phantom Lord.

"WE WON!" 

"WE BEAT PHANTOM!"

-----------------------

Roxas and Lucy sat by the large hole, listening to their guildmates' cheers.

"Sounds like we won." Roxas said, rubbing his head.

"Yeah..." Lucy said, a small smile appeared on her face. 

Roxas then got back up to his feet and held out a hand for Lucy. "What do you say, we head back?"

Lucy took his hand as Roxas helped her to her feet. "Okay."

Soon, they heard a groan and turned to see Gajeel slowly getting back up his knees.

"Oh yeah..." Roxas muttered to himself before making his way over to the dragon slayer.

"Roxas?" Lucy called out to him.

"Don't worry, I just need to talk to him for a sec." Roxas called back as he reached Gajeel's location. "Hey! You up?!"

"Yeah, I'm still here you." Gajeel said, sitting against a partially destroyed wall. The iron dragon slayer had managed to drag himself upright, despite the severe burns that covered his body. "I can barely move, and that hasn't changed."

"Wow, someone's in a bad mood." Roxas said, folding his arms behind his head. "You a sore loser or something?"

"Shut your damn trap!" Gajeel exclaimed, his blood red eyes glaring at Roxas. "What do you want anyway?"

"Your dragon slayer magic..." Roxas said, as he approached Gajeel and sat down next to the iron dragon slayer. "Where did you learn it?"

 Gajeel took a deep breath before speaking. "I learned my magic from a dragon...his name was Metalicana...the iron dragon."

"So you did learn your magic from a dragon." Roxas said, as he rubbed his chin. "You're the third dragon slayer I've met...Natsu and Ariel are the first ones."

"I just want to know something. Because it makes sense why you went so berserk when we fought. You were pissed that I hurt that blonde chick, I'm actually kinda surprised you didn't kill me." Gajeel said with a dry chuckle.

".....Honestly, you should be thanking her. When I went into that rage, I nearly ended you. But thanks to Lucy, I was able to control myself. You may have hurt her, but I couldn't kill you. I would never be able to forgive myself if I killed someone in cold blood. I wouldn't be able to face Lucy or friends again." Roxas said, tightly clutching his fists. "However, if any of you yin Phantom had killed Lucy, I would have taken your lives without hesitation. She's important to me..I won't let anyone hurt her. So, I'm only give you one warning Black Steel. If I ever see you hurt Lucy again, I will beat you to within an inch of your life."

"Okay, okay, message received." Gajeel said, as he slowly inched away from Roxas. "I won't lay a hand on Blondie again."

"So, where's Metalicana now?" Roxas asked, trying to change the subject.

"I dunno." Gajeel said, as his expression suddenly became downtrodden. "He disappeared one day without saying a thing...He was always so selfish."

"Hey, Metalicana didn't disappear on July 7th, X777, did he?" Roxas asked, causing Gajeel's eyes to shoot open.

"Do you have an idea where Metalicana is?" Gajeel replied, a hopeful look in his eyes.

"Sorry, I don't." Roxas replied, causing Gajeel to deflate instantly. "It's just that Natsu and Misty said that both Igneel and Leviatus, a Fire Dragon and a Water Dragon, disappeared on the same day."

"Hmph. Well this ain't got anything to do with me." Gajeel said, as he slowly inched up the wall back onto his feet. Wincing in pain, the iron dragon slayer pushed off the wall that had been supporting him.

"If you're gonna leave, you better get out of here soon." Roxas said, causing Gajeel's head to snap towards him.

"This is our guild! You leave!" Gajeel exclaimed, as he glared at Roxas.

"Well, I know the magical council will probably be here soon, and I'm guessing they're not going to be too kind if they catch you." Roxas said, standing back onto his feet as well.

"Damn, you're right." Gajeel said, as he gazed down at his feet. "I better get out of here then."

"If you hear anything about Igneel or Leviatus let me know, so I can inform Natsu and Misty." Roxas said, turning to leave.

"Find out yourselves." Gajeel said, not bothering to turn and face Roxas.

"If I find anything out about Metalicana, we'll tell you." Natsu said, stopping Gajeel in his tracks. The iron dragon slayer turned his head to see Roxas smirking at him. "Besides, you're all dragon slayers. You need to look out for each other."

"I don't need anyone to look out for me." Gajeel said, as he turned his head back around. "Hey, Braveheart?"

"Yeah?" Roxas said, surprised by the iron dragon slayer's sudden change of tone.

"For...For what it's worth...I'm sorry for hurting blondie...and wrecking your guild..." Gajeel said, as he hung his head.

"I accept your apology Gajeel, but I can't forgive you for some of the things you've done." Roxas said, earning a deep sigh from the iron dragon slayer. "Same for the others."

"Yeah, I expected that." Gajeel said, as he rubbed the back of his head. "Maybe we'll cross paths again one day, Braveheart. When we do, I want a rematch."

"You got it." Roxas said, a small smile spreading across his face. "You know, if you want to meet the other dragon slayers, you should come to Fairy Tail." With those final words, Roxas turned and left Gajeel alone.

"Tch, like I'd ever join that pathetic guild." Gajeel said, as he began to limp away. The idea of joining Fairy Tail didn't sound so bad all of a sudden.

"What was that all about?" Lucy asked once Roxas reached her.

"Meh, just trying to get some info about Natsu and Misty's dragons." Roxas said. "Anyway, let's head back to the guild"

"Yeah." Lucy said, nodding. With that, Roxas picked Lucy up and flew out of the broken mecha.

----------------------

Sunset had now fallen on Magnolia and the entire Fairy Tail guild was at their fallen building assessing the damage.

"Wow..." Makarov said, scratching his chin as he stared at the rubble that remained of Fairy Tail's guild hall. "This place got trashed."

"U-Uh, Master..." Lucy said sheepishly, as she rubbed her arm.

"Hmm? Looks like you all ran into quite a bit of trouble." Makarov said, causing Lucy's face to sadden.

"Don't look so sad Lu-Lu!" A cheery voice called out from Behind Lucy. The blonde celestial spirit mage slowly turned around, and saw Levy, Jet, Droy, and Reedus standing behind her. The members of Team Shadow Gear were all heavily bandaged, and Reedus covered in several cuts and bruises as well. "It's a victory! We all fought together to achieve it!"

"Although, our guild kinda got smashed." Droy commented with a light chuckle.

"Ah, we can just rebuild it." Jet said, smiling at Lucy.

"Levy..Reedus...Jet...Droy..." Lucy said, as regret filled her eyes.

"Sorry for making you worry." Levy said, causing Lucy to tear up.

"N-No...it's my..." Lucy was quickly cut off by Levy.

"I heard the whole story, and no one blames you for any of this." Levy said, as Lucy began to violently shake her head.

"Lucy." Makarov's stern voice suddenly rang out. "Happiness. Sadness. We can't share all out it, but we can share some of it. That is guild. One member's happiness, is everyone's happiness. One member's rage, is everyone's rage. One member's tears, are everyone's tears." Lucy began to get chocked up as she listened to Makarov's speech. "You don't have to suffer with guilt, we're all here for you. Please raise your head, for you are a pound member of Fairy Tail." That finally did, tears finally began to pour from Lucy's eyes. The blonde then began to cry out loud in front of the guild.

"Let it all out, Lu. Like Gramps said, we're all here for you." Roxas said, crouching next to Lucy and patting her back. That simply made Lucy cry even harder. Roxas smiled and pulled Lucy into a tight embrace, as the rest of Fairy Tail gathered around the blonde to try and cheer her up.

Suddenly Makarov began to panic. "We went overboard again! The magic council will be mad at us! Or even worse I might be imprisoned!" and he began to cry but out of fear and Erza looked at him surprisingly. "Master!"

----------------------

Next Time: Lucy's Resolve

A week after the war between Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail, Lucy wonders if her father really was the cause of this. Fearing he might do it again, she leaves to talk with him, but not without the company of her sliver-headed best friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 1.3K 26
19 year old Akari Ryu leaves her guild in search of a more powerful one to test her strength, she comes across Fairy Tail, in Magnolia, and has heard...
9.6K 279 17
Akari Ryu continues her Fairy Tail journey, but this time she has bigger challenges to face. S-Class trials are around the corner and Akari is one of...
1.2K 57 23
In the vibrant world of Fiore, where magic reigns supreme and adventure awaits at every turn, a new hero emerges from the shadows of his brother's le...
57.9K 1.4K 73
This story begins in a world where humans and werewolves live together in peace. The biggest and mightiest pack, "The Celestials" ruled over the coun...