Her Secret Father

By lulubell2002

Blair is a 25 year old who believes she doesn't need to have kids, get a husband, or get a boyfriend. She thi... More

Her Secret Father
Chapter 2- The Dress
Chapter 3- Who Does He Think He Is?!
Chapter 4- The Flower Girl
Chapter 5- 'Baby Got Back'
Chapter 6- Brothers
Chapter 7- Meet the Daddy
Chapter 8- Seth
Chapter 9- Superman or Batman??
Chapter 10- Cupcakes
Chapter 11- Princess Camden
Chapter 12- Big Girls Don't Cry
Chapter 13- Can't Catch A Break
Chapter 15- I Just Want Her Back

Chapter 14- Life Isn't Fair

8.2K 286 76
By lulubell2002

Her Secret Father

Chapter 14- Life Isn't Fair

Blair's P.O.V.

I had never felt as useless as I did in that moment. I knew nothing I said would make Sammy feel any better and it was killing me. "Why don't you go visit Isaiah, Sammy? I have to finish work, but as soon as I'm done, I will go visit him too." I suggested to the broken teenager. I had never seen her so sad; brokenhearted. She loved her baby brother with her whole heart.

Sammy nodded her head swiftly, wiping any trace of tears from her now rosy cheeks. "Isaiah would love that, Blair." she nodded her head once more, gave me a quick fleeting hug, and was shuffling towards the elevator before I could process another thought.

Walking into my office, I wiped the traitor tears that had fallen down my face away. Crying twice in one day was never a good thing for me. If I cried twice, there was always a third that came sooner rather than later. Shaking my head, I attempted to rid myself of these somber thoughts, and grabbed my first patient of the day's medical folder; Olivia Reynolds.

I quickly made my way back into the waiting room to grab her, not wanting to keep her waiting any longer. "Olivia Reynolds?" I questioned, stepping through the doorway to the waiting room.

"Over here, Blair!" Livvy shouted from across the room, a huge grin painted on her face.

"You ready to begin, Sweetie?" I asked the sweet 13-year-old girl. She was a newer patient of mine, yet she had already captured small piece of my heart with her caring demeanor and innocent attitude. She was in an accident while riding her horse. A coyote had frightened her horse, Chesnutt, and the poor thing had reared up, forcing Livvy off of his back. Chesnutt had trampled over both of her legs in his haste to get away from the growling coyote, leaving an immobile Livvy to fend for herself. The coyote had left soon after Chesnutt did though, letting Livvy breathe out a sigh of relief. It was a very devastating story that left me close to tears every time she retold it, the emotion that her voice held striking close to home for anyone.

"I sure am, Blair!" she replied, as I began to wheel her into the therapy gym.

"How are your legs feeling today, Miss Olivia? I believe we can start with the..."

~~~~~~~~~After Blair Finishes Work~~~~~~~~~

Blair's P.O.V.

The closer my truck got to the hospital, the more memories bombarded my already depressed mind. I admit, I was terrified to see the little boy I had grown to love laying in that hospital bed, helpless. It reminded me too much of when she...No, I will not think about that, I told myself. There was nothing I could have done...Who am I kidding? There was a whole lot that I could've done to save her, yet I am the one sitting her alive. I shook my head sharply as I pulled into a parking spot at the hospital. I had to think happy thoughts, Isaiah wouldn't want me to be sad when I visit him. I quickly forced my rigid face to smile, before entering the children's hospital. I can do this, I repeated in mind, forcing myself to believe it.

"Hello, what room is Isaiah Moore in??" I asked the receptionist politely, trying to keep my smile on my lips as she smacked her gum obnoxiously.

"No one is allowed to see him except family, ma'am." she stated, not even looking up from the papers on her desk.

I rolled my eyes silently, quickly getting annoyed. "I'm his aunt. Even ask his parents."

"What is your name, miss?" she replied with slightly less attitude.

"Blair Donavan." I sighed wearily, getting more anxious with each minute that passed.

"He is in room 312." she grumbled, most likely irritated that I was right.

I nodded my head stiffly before shuffling towards his room. I couldn't believe that all I had to do was state that I was his 'aunt' for them to allow me to see him; pathetic though helpful. Abruptly, I came to a stop outside his room. I can't do this, I admitted. With a deep breath, I dismissed that thought and knocked on the tightly closed wooden door.

"Blair? What in the world are you doing here?" the question hung in the air for mere moments before I brought my eyes up from where they were burning a hole in the floor to meet a pair of piercing green eyes.

"I could ask you the same thing, Brayden." I smoothly responded, keeping my face as blank as possible.

"Isaiah's uncle is my best friend." his teeth were clenched tight, whether it be because of anger or pain, I didn't know.

"I am Isaiah's physical therapist." I replied, crossing my arms over my chest and cocking my right hip to get more comfortable.

"You have got to be kidding me?!" he quietly exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air.

"Um...no, I'm not?" I retorted, highly confused at his outburst.

"When you told me you were a pediatric physical therapist, I thought you worked for someone. I certainly didn't realize you were the best physical therapist in the state!!" he said, the overwhelming sense of awe in his voice making me uncomfortable.

"I'm not the best in the state, Brayden. I just try my best to help the kids." I mumbled, not liking the ruckus he was making over my career.

"Sure you ain't, darlin'." he responded, his tone sarcastic as he smiled his crooked smile at me. That man sure does have a beautiful smile, I admitted to myself before quickly getting rid of the dangerous thought.

"Am I able to come in, yet?" I smiled teasingly, cocking my head to the right just a tad.

"Sure thing, I am sorry about that." he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand, before stepping aside and allowing me entrance to the small hospital room.

The sight in front of me had my legs frozen to the floor, forcing me to stay away from the hospital bed. Isaiah laid there, multiple machines hooked up to him on various parts of his body looking ghostly white. A small sob escaped my throat as I remembered how she had looked almost identical to how he does now before she died; the pale skin, the limp hair, the steady heart beat that could suddenly drop without a moment's notice. It frightened me that he could pass away at any second. The memory of the night she died, flashed behind my now closed eyes. Soon I could feel the tears spilling over my dimpled cheeks, showing the world my pain. Sobs quickly followed the tears, filling the sullen atmosphere with noise.

"Brooky..." I whimpered, softly. After all this time I still could believe she was gone...

Within seconds of my whimper, two strong arms wrapped around my shaking body. "Shh...It's going to be alright, Darlin'. I'm right here. I'm not going to let anything hurt you, baby."

My body relaxed instantly to Brayden's deep voice, leaning into his comfort and for once I threw caution into the wind. Even as he continued to whisper reassuring words in my ear, the images of the night she died still danced across my closed eyes.

Like a bucket of ice cold water being poured over me, I realized what I was doing. I abruptly tore myself from his grasp, wiping away the tracks that ran down my cheeks from my tears. "I'm fine." I mumbled, padding over to an empty char by Isaiah's side.

I quietly sat down and took Isaiah's right hand, only now noticing Sammy sitting across from me holding Isaiah's other hand, along with the rest of Isaiah's family who stood in random places around the room. I squeezed my eyes shut in embarrassment before reopening them and blankly staring at Isaiah's face, letting the horrific pictures of Brooky covered in blood, her panic stricken face as she realized what was about to happen, the scream of terror that escaped her mouth when the two cars collided. It was my fault...all my fault. I should've been able to save her, I should have been in her place taking that blow. If only life was fair, maybe then she would be the one improving people's lives, not me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this was a super sad chapter and I apologize....but it was needed. I have decided to start another guessing game.....ready for it?..........how about now?.......drum roll......T

he first person to guess who Brooky is gets.....

A DEDICATION FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER AND A FAN!!!!

Any who....I am extremely sorry about how short this is. Maybe if I get enough votes/comments I will upload again before the weekend???

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 0 22
"Let's get one thing straight, you know nothing about me or my brother, so you and this stupid gossipy town can go and suck it, for all I care!" ***...
129 14 5
(SYNOPSIS IS BEING REWRITTEN) Sophomore Ezra Miller, the Student Council President, who has since become popular among his peers, has a secret no one...
200K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...
18K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...