Drowning (Haru x Reader x Mak...

By xcutiepiexx

You don't need water to feel like your drowning, do you...? *I don't own Free!* (Haru x Reader x Makoto) @ dr... More

Authors Note
Prologue
One
PSA! Not an Update but PLEASE READ!
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Happy Birthday Haru!
Ten
Haru 'Ending'
Makoto 'Ending'
What's Next For xcutiepiexx (me)?

Nine

4.3K 151 69
By xcutiepiexx

"Please, (Y/N)-chan! It'll be fun!" Nagisa begs to me, his fuchsia eyes sparkling.

"There's no reason for me to go, though..." I point out; a bit sad to disappoint my friend. Currently, Nagisa is trying to convince me to go swimsuit shopping with him and the others. I like how they try to include me but, swimsuit shopping will just make me sad...

"Of course there's a reason!" Nagisa interjects. I raise a brow. "You can see your boyfriends Makoto and Haru try on new swimsuits!"

"W-What?!" I exclaim, blushing heavily. I look behind Nagisa and see the group of others, noticing they didn't hear... Thankfully...

"They're not my boyfriends!" I quietly snap.

"Mhmm." Nagisa hums, clearly not convinced with my answer.

"Nagisa-kun, if (Y/N)-senpai doesn't want to go, we can't force her." Rei states, walking towards us.

"But, I want her to come..." Nagisa says in a sad tone. I look at Haru and Makoto.

"I'd love for your to go but, if you don't want to, that's okay too." Makoto says, giving me his kind smile.

"Do whatever you want..." Haru says quietly but I still heard him. I look back at Nagisa.

"Please!" He says, grabbing my hands and pushing them up to his face. I finally gave in. I smile.

"Okay... Fine..."

*Time Skip*

"Look at this one, (Y/N)-chan!" Nagisa shouts to me, showing me a penguin speedo.

"It's nice..." I say, barely look at the swimsuit. Nagisa nods in agreement and walks off. Leaving me sitting alone as the other boys do their shopping. All of sudden, a presence sits beside me. I look over and see my tall best friend.

"(Y/N)-chan, what's wrong?" Makoto says, his forest green eyes looking at mine with concern.

"I said to drop the chan." I say, avoiding the question. I look at Makoto, he's staring at me so intensely. I sigh. There's no point in lying is there? Makoto can see into me so well... He probably knows me better than I know myself.

"I'm just a bit sad..." I shake my head. "No, I'm jealous... It hurts that I can't go out and actually purchase a swimsuit with you guys. Only if I wasn't a coward, I'd be able to swim... I'd be able to buy a stupid swimsuit. I-"

"(Y/N)." His calm gentle voice interrupts mine. He places his hand over my clenched fist... I didn't even know I was doing that... "It's okay..."

"It's not though..." I murmur.

"Call this a dumb idea but, maybe you can just buy a swimsuit. I consider you part of this team so, you should purchase a swimsuit with us. You don't have to use it and swim but, I think it'll be good for you."

I sit back and think about his idea. I mean, my old swimsuit doesn't really fit my anymore...

"I guess there's no harm in doing that." I say, a small smile on my face. Makoto smiles back.

"There's the (Y/N) I love. Let's go and pick one out for you then." He says, standing up. I stay sitting. Did he say the (Y/N) he loves...? I feel my face heat up. I guess Makoto didn't notice what he said because, he asked me if I was coming. I say yes and follow him to the women's section with butterflies in my stomach.

*A few minutes later*

Mistakenly, we told Nagisa that I was getting a swimsuit... He decides to shove me in a dressing room, forcing me to try on all these swimsuits, and to show them off.

"Nagisa, this isn't cool." I say, hiding a giggle.

"Don't be like that, (Nickname)-chan! It's fun! Just try on at least one swimsuit!" I hear him through the dressing room door. Nagisa handed me three pairs of swimsuits. Two of them are really skimpy, honestly. Why do they sell this type of swimsuits at a sport store? The third one was really cool, though. It's black with a (f/c) strip on each side. I'm obviously going to try on only that one. I strip my clothes off and slip on the swimsuit.

"I'm ready..." I say, feeling really shy all of a sudden. I look in the mirror. I actually look good in this. I did a small twirl, looking at myself at every angle. Hm, I might actually get this. I walk out, crossing my arms over my chest. My face is hot like fire.

"Aw, you look cute!" Nagisa gushes. I felt so embarrassed, all 4 guys are staring at me...

"Thanks..." I mumble.

"Yo, (Y/N)" A rough voice says. I pop my head up and see the one and only Rin.

"Hey, Rin." I say, smiling a bit. He says hi to the other as I stayed quiet, still embarrassed.

"I have to get going, I just wanted to stop by and say hi." He looks at me. "You look nice in that, (Y/N). You should get it then, maybe we can have that race you promised."

Before I could say anything, not even a goodbye, he left. I stood there, speechless.

"Race?" Nagisa questions.

"Before he left for Australia, I said we'd have a race when he gets back... I guess he didn't forget..." I reply, I walk back into the dressing room. I quickly change. I left the swimsuit in there, not caring anymore.

"You're not getting it?" Rei asks. I shake my head.

"This was a mistake. I'm gonna walk home, it's not that far anyway." I mumble. Despite their protests, I walk off, a single tear drops from my eye.

*Another time skip*

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day. I turned my phone off so, I wouldn't be bothered. I never felt so alone in my whole life. Everyone of my friends are so passionate about swimming. A passion I don't possess anymore.

"I need to get over this fear..." I say to myself. "And actually pull through with it..."

The thing is though, I don't think I can... Thinking about being in the water, gives me flashbacks of that horrible day.

Am I a coward for being scared to swim again?

The door bell rings, interrupting my thoughts. My parents are gone so, I'm gonna have to answer it... I roll my eyes as I walk downstairs to answer the door.

I open the door and surprisingly see Haruka.

"Haru? What're you doing here." I ask, leaning against the door frame.

"You weren't answering your phone. I was worried..." He says, quiet as ever. I slightly blush. He was worried. I notice that it's really nice outside. I step outside and close the door. I sit down on the steps, letting out a sigh. Haru decides to sit down next to me.

"I'm sorry for worrying you..." I say, feeling guilty for turning my phone off.

"Don't be sorry... I'm sorry for letting you leave the store so upset..." He says. Despite Haru being seemingly emotionless, right now, the tone in his voice is so sad. He doesn't need to be so sad for me...

"Haru, you're the one who doesn't need to be sorry. I'm sorry I left so abruptly, though. I just needed to clear my head." I explain, feeling like shit.

"Oh. You forgot something at the sport store." He says. I look over at him. I then noticed he has a bag. Did I forget my wallet or something. He reaches in the bag and pulls out the swimsuit. My lip quivers...

"H-Haru..." I mumble, a bit speechless.

"You looked really nice in it and I wanted to buy it for you... It seemed like you really liked it." He explains, a small blush on his face. He puts the suit back in the bag and he gives it to me.

"I-I can't accept..." I say, gently pushing his hand away. "I won't use it anyway."

"It doesn't matter." He says gently. "I want to give it to you."

Reluctantly, I take the bag. A big blush is on my face.

"Thank you, Haru." I say, a tear leaks down from my eye. I quickly wipe it before Haru could see but, I was too late. Surprisingly, Haru slowly puts his arm around my shoulder. He gently pushes my head onto his shoulder.

"It'll be okay, (Y/N)." He whispers. Why is he acting like this...? I put my hand up to my chest. My heart is beating a mile a minute. Haru notices.

"Is your heart beating fast, too?" He asks quietly. His mouth is so close to my ear, the sound of his voice caused chills to go down my spine. I quickly remove my hand from my chest, blushing. Haru's heart is beating fast?

I don't answer him, I'm too embarrassed. Haru removes his hand from my shoulder. I was about to get disappointed but, he then gently interlocks his hand with mine. My head is still resting in his shoulder.

I let out a yawn. I didn't realize how tired I am. My eyelids start to get heavy. A nap won't hurt, right? For the first time in forever, I fall asleep peacefully.

*Third Person POV*

Haru notices that (Y/N) had fallen asleep. Sighing a bit, he puts her in his arms, effortlessly caring her. He grabs the bag with the swimsuit in it. He successfully gets himself and (Y/N), inside the house without dropping her. Haru carefully walks upstairs, trying to locate (Y/N)'s room. He finally found it. He gently places (Y/N) in her bed, wrapping the blankets onto her body.

"Good night, (Y/N)." He quietly whispers. The swimmer leans down and kisses (Y/N)'s forehead, before leaving, his heart still beating fast.
____________________

For once, I actually like this chapter! I hope you liked it too! Sorry if Haru seemed OOC! Peace~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 4.2K 23
like my haikyuu!! one-shots but for prettier and more gay boys + a different anime. ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ requests; closed >_< i write fluff, angst, headcanon...
2K 46 20
Vegetative state, an in-between; not dead, but not alive either. That's how Haruka lives on after he swam his final stroke at the age of eighteen. ...
34.8K 732 16
You finally come back to your home town ever since your father's death. And your mother's. Your forced to live with an old friend of hers and you ge...
422K 14.4K 52
(F/N) recently moved to Iwatobi from the USA. She moved there because of her dads job but her dad started living back in America because there was mo...