Dating Days and Campfires

By _justanotherwriter_

**SEQUEL TO A BLIND DATE, MUST READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER** Cass and Alex. The most perfect couple. At the e... More

School's Out, Scream and Shout!
Cabins and the Initiation.
Skinny Dipping? PSYCH!
Midnight Changes Everything.
Here's to Never Growing Up and Revenge.
You Make Me Crazy and Counselor's Night.
Anger and Treehouses.
Dangerous Waters.
One Year.
Camping.
Spiders.
A New Turn of Events.
Understandings.
Taking It Easy.
Screw This.
Lights, Camera... ACTION!
Bonfire.
Epiphanies.
Alone.
Control.
Confessions.
Angry.
The Truth.
Perspectives.
Girl's Night Out... or Not?
Home.
Scared.
Rollercoaster.
Circles.
Memories.
Trying.
Irresistible.
Confusion.
The Date, 2.0.
Oops.
Cassandra Ann Williams.
Inner Peace.
Finding Each Other.
Stuck.
Almost There.
The Calm After The Storm
In The End.

Cat Fight.

82.3K 1.3K 392
By _justanotherwriter_

guysss everyone go read my other story: THE CRAZY DAYS OF JULIET WELLINGTON

___________________________________________________________________________________

I groan, rolling over. After the kissing debacle, Alex walked me to my cabin and kissed me good night. I didn't want to face Juliet or anybody today. Maybe I should fake sick! 

I coughed obnoxiously loud, getting the attention of the girls who were getting ready for the day. A little girl named Heather came up to me. 

"Cass? Are you sick?" 

"I think so," I put on a strained voice, giving her a weak smile. 

"Well, how can you get better? You promised me you would help me with my archery today!" She exclaims, her wide, innocent blue eyes blinking. 

"I did, didn't I?" I mutter through gritted teeth. Stupid, Cass!

"Yeah," she softly says, her bottom lip trembling and eyes welling up with tears. 

I couldn't do this. 

"Wow! Look! I'm all better!" I chirp, bounding out of bed. She squeals and hugs my leg. 

"Yay!" 

"Yeah, yay," I sigh, and pull on some shorts and a tanktop. 

Glumly, I lead the girls to the mess hall, and coincidentally, Taylor was leading the boys at the same time. 

"Hey, Cass, wait up," he jogged over next to me. I glanced at him, and found that his eyes were filled with  concern and forehead creased with worry. "About last night..." 

"What about last night?" I shrug. "You mean our flawless play? We kicked butt, I know," I flip my ponytail over my shoulder, putting a little bounce in my step. 

"No, you know that's not what I'm talking about," he sighs. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Taylor. Oh! Look! The mess hall already! See ya!" I wave, and sprint inside, plopping down at my usual seat. I sigh and rub my temples. 

This was too early for me to be stressed. I slapped on a smile and got some food and sat back down, where Alex was already. "Good morning," he greets, grinning. 

"Hm," I nod, digging into my eggs. 

"Gee, Alex, thanks for being such a great boyfriend. I really appreciate you and all the lovely things that you do, even if it brings down your level of testosterone and manliness!" Alex mocked in a high-pitched voice. "Thanks, Cass! It's nice to be appreciated!" He replies to himself. 

"First off, I don't sound like that! Secondly, nobody says 'gee.'" I point out. And after a pause, I continue. "And I do appreciate you," I say, looking straight ahead. 

"Sorry, what was that?" Alex cups a hand mockingly around his ear. 

"I'm not going to say it again," I growl and scowl at him. He pinches my cheek, which I quickly swat away. But Alex suddenly freezes and looks behind me for a second, before catching himself. 

"So, how's it going?" he nervously chuckles. 

I turn my head, curious to see what he clearly didn't want me seeing. What was he look- 

That little slut. 

My eyes follow Juliet as she gets her food and walks past us. 

And then she does it. 

And by it, I mean the seductive, sexy, flirty, cute little wink she sends towards my boyfriend. 

That was it. 

I stand up, my chair screeching. The kids don't notice, too engrossed in their own conversations. "Juliet." 

"Hm?" She turns around, shiny blond hair swishing. 

"Can I have a word?" I jerk my head towards the door. 

Her blue eyes widen. "Um..." 

"It'll only take a few moments, I swear," I give her a sickingly sweet smile. Alex grips my arm. 

"Cass..." he warns, leveling his eyes at me. 

"Oh, shut it. I just want to talk to my good ol' friend, Jules!" I grin at me, but I know he sees the spark in my eyes. 

I walk outside using the backdoor, and Juliet follows reluctantly. The moment we're outside, I pounce. 

"Why do you hate me?" I cross my arms, eyebrows furrowed. 

She looks a little taken aback. "Uh, I don't hate you, Cass. Why would you think that?" She cocks her head innocently to the side. 

"Maybe because you're trying to steal my boyfriend," I scoff. 

"I'm not trying to steal anyone's boyfriend," her cheeks flare up and her eyebrows crease together. 

"Oh really?" I raise an eyebrow. "How is flirting with and kissing Alex not trying to steal him?" 

"He's hot," she shrugs. "I can't help my feminine wiles!" 

"Your feminine wiles?" I hiss. "He's a teenage boy and you're a horny teenage girl! But he's taken, so get over it!" I exclaim, feeling a knot of anger forming in my stomach and my body heating up. 

Juliet's eyes narrow and she takes a step closer to me, arms crossed. "You're just another run-of-the-mill overly attached girlfriend." 

FEMALE DOG SAY WHAT?

"You flipping KISSED him! Am I just supposed to shrug it off and let him kiss whoever he wants?" 

"No, but it was for a play, god!" 

"A play that you were conveniently ready for!" I spit, and I can almost feel the steam coming out of my ears right now. 

"Okay. So I wanted to kiss an attractive guy. Sue me!" She throws her hands up in the air. 

"Life lesson, Jules, you don't kiss attractive guys with girlfriends!" 

"It. Was. Just. A. Kiss!" 

"Just a kiss? You don't see me smooching everyone of the male gender!" 

"That's debatable," she mutters, looking at the ground. 

"Excuse me?!" 

"You heard me," she looks up, eyes shooting daggers. "I'm not the one sneaking off with another guy most of the time!" 

"What the hell are you talking about?" I groan, utterly flabbergasted. 

"You and Taylor! Do you guys take romantic walks? I bet you're cheating on Alex with him!" She grins, pointing a finger at me. 

"Taylor is a friend!" I growl, 200% pissed off. 

"With benefits? Alex doesn't deserve you," Juliet scoffs, and looks at me as if I were something stuck on the bottom of her Louis Vuitton heels. 

That. Was. It. 

With a yelp, I pounced on her, arms outstretched for her throat. She screamed, turning her head to the side. 

But my hands never met her throat. 

Instead, an arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me backwards. I twist, furious, to see Alex. "What are you doing?! Let me go!" I squirm against his tight grip. He shakes his head firmly and I scowl, looking forward to see Taylor talking to a glaring Juliet. Alex drags me off, my arms crossed, until we reach Aunt Kathy's office. He herds me inside and she looks up from her desk when we enter. 

"Cass. Sit," Alex instructs, pointing to a chair. I open my mouth to tell him off, but he quickly cuts me off with a look. Muttering to myself, I plop down. 

Aunt Kathy follows Alex back outside, confused. I hear them talking, but I can't make out anything. 

"SHE DID WHAT?!" 

Aunt Kathy bursts through the door again, her face resembling an eggplant. "CASSANDRA ANN WILLIAMS!" 

I cringed, not looking at her furious gaze. She stood in front of me at her desk, hands splayed out to support her. 

"You attacked Juliet?" 

"Well, you see, its-" 

"Just answer the question. Did you or did you not attack Juliet?" 

I sigh, my shoulders slumping. "Yes, I did." 

"How could you do such a thing? Attacking another counselor! This behavior has become-" 

"Excuse me," I stand up, my lips pressed in a hard line. "With all due respect, Aunt Kathy, you can't accuse of me of doing something unjust without hearing my side of the story first. You have no right- again, respectfully- to judge what I did until you know why  I did it. And I do know that violence is never the answer. I was wrong in doing that." 

Aunt Kathy studies me for a moment, eyebrows raised, until a sly grin appears on her lips. "Very well put and you're right. Please, take a seat and explain." 

Not showing my internal relief and joy that Aunt Kathy didn't go full ape of me for saying that, I sat down, crossing then uncrossing my legs. "Okay, so you know how Juliet kissed Alex for that play last night?" 

"Yes, I have talked to her and she told me she was sorry for the act of inappropriate behavior in front of the children." 

I scoff, but quickly cover it up with a cough, blushing. "Anyway, Alex is my boyfriend, so I felt obligated to do something about it after she winked at him. So I asked to talk to her. See, using my words and not getting revenge!" I point out. Aunt Kathy just nods, waiting for me to continue. "So, I asked her why she did it, and she said quote and quote, 'she wanted to kiss an attractive guy.' She didn't care whether it affected my relationship with Alex." 

"I see," Aunt Kathy leaned back in her chair, folding her hands. "So that's why you pounced on her?" 

I shake my head. "Surprisingly, no. Juliet then proceeded to turn the tables on me and accuse of me cheating on Alex with Taylor! The nerve of that girl, I swear! She said that I didn't deserve Alex, which I know is true, but still! I don't need some chick who kissed him to tell me that!" 

"But you should have never resorted to violence." 

"Yeah, I agre-" 

I was interrupted by some short knocks on the door. Aunt Kathy exited the room and a moment later, someone entered. 

Juliet. 

"Guys, why am-" She stopped, seeing me scowling at her. "Oh, its you.

There was a clicking sound at the door and Juliet rushed over, trying to open the door. The doorknob wouldn't budge though. 

"Great, they left us in here to rot," I groan, letting my head fall in my heads. 

"Make up and then we'll let you out!" I heard Aunt Kathy call. 

"And who is we?" I question. 

Silence follows and I mutter curse words at them under my breath. 

"It's your two boyfriends." 

I snap my head up to Juliet who is sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. 

"My two boyfriends?" 

She smirks, her pink lips turning upwards. "Alex and Taylor." 

I groan, rubbing my temples. "Will you shut up about that? Taylor and I do not have that kind of relationship! Why is that so hard to believe?" 

"Because I don't trust you." 

"I don't trust you either," I snap back. She just glares back at me. 

"Did you really only want to kiss Alex because he's hot?" I ask curiously. Was that really the only reason or did she want to him to break up with me. 

"Uh, not really." She exclaims, exasperated. "I sort of did to get revenge." 

"Huh?" 

"I may  have a teensy bit of a crush of him." 

"Come again?" 

"I like Taylor." 

The words hit me like a ton of bricks and I scrunch my nose up. "You like Taylor?" 

"Yes," she sighs, rolling her eyes. "I guess I saw how much time you two were spending together and I wanted to get revenge," she says the word bitterly, punctuating her sentence with a dry chuckle. (Gif on the right ----->). 

"God, why is revenge such a big problem around here?" I shake my head jokingly. 

Juliet nods at this, a small smile on her lips and I finally give in. "I'm sorry for jumping and aiming for the throat. I can be a little crazy when people mess with me," I awkwardly chuckle. 

She grins at its a genuine grin. "I'm sorry too. For kissing Alex, I mean. I would hate it if I liked a guy as you like Alex and some other chick kissed him in front of me. And about the whole Taylor thing."

"Why didn't you just tell me you liked Taylor before? It would have made everything so much easier!" 

She shrugs. "I didn't want everyone knowing." 

"Well, you can trust me," I chuckle at this because of what we just told each other a few minutes ago. 

"And you can trust me," she nods affirmatively and holds out her hand. I accept it, smiling, and as we're shaking, the door opens. 

"Declawed and normal, ladies?" Alex asks, leaning on the doorframe. 

I nod, sending a goofy look to Juliet. "Hey, Alex. I'm sorry about the whole you-know-what." 

He shrugs it off. "It's cool. Anyway, I'll see you guys later," he waves and sends a wink at me. 

"I could talk to Taylor if you want," I propose to Juliet once Alex leaves. 

Her eyes widen and she jumps up. "No! He'll find out and it'll be-" 

"Don't worry! I'll be an undercover spy/slash double agent type person." 

Juliet looks at me for a moment and then sighs. "Oh, all right. But don't be too obvious!" 

"I won't!" I call and bound out of the cabin. We should be at arts and craft by now. I go over to the cabin and sure enough, the kids are tye-dying shirts outside. I walk over to Taylor. 

"Hey, Tay-Tay. Sorry about earlier." 

"It's fine. And don't call me that," he adds the last part with a scowl. I giggle and then begin my undercover work. 

"So... Juliet and I just had this big blowout, but we're cool now." 

"Dang it! I missed a catfight!" Taylor whines, crossing his arms. I roll my eyes, but continue. 

"Speaking of Juliet... she's a pretty girl, right?" 

Taylor gives me a weird look. "Yeah..." 

"And she's cool, right?" 

"Sure?" 

I sigh. "You're not giving me straight answer here, Taylor." 

"Straight answers for what?" 

"About Juliet!" 

"What about her?!" 

"Do you think that she's funny?" 

"I guess! Why are so suddenly obsessed with her? She did kiss your boyfriend, you know." 

"Yeah, but she told me why she did it. And she also accused me of having a relationship with you. Imagine that!" I nudge him playfully, laughing. 

"She thought something was going on here?" 

"Yeah, crazy right?" 

Something flashes across his face, but it's gone in a second. "Yeah," he lets out a breezy chuckle, his smile not quite reaching his eyes. "I got to go do something... over there," he motions to an area near the other side of the kids.

He jogs away, leaving me confused. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

QOTD: What is going to happen?! 

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 2.6K 28
**Sequel to The New Kid** Elliot and Colton are still very much in love after nearly two years of being together. But it's time for Colton to go to c...
34.7K 1.6K 40
Sequel!! We're jumping a year and a half later. The girls struggled with the relationship since they had to hide it but the whole time they stayed a...
4.4K 55 19
***Sequel to All I Ask.**** In the 8 years that have passed, how have Justin and Cassandra changed? Can the relationship still thrive through the mos...
20K 1.5K 49
"Remember when we were voted cutest couple at the end of senior year? A lot has changed since then. Tell me- why did you come back?" Alex and Carrie...