The Devil Lives Next Door

By kenralove12

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked with amusement in his voice, his peppermint breath hitting my ear... More

The Devil Lives Next Door {TDLND} - Description
TDLND - Introduction
TDLND - Chapter 1
TDLND - Chapter 2
TDLND - Chapter 3
TDLND - Chapter 4
TDLND - Chapter 6
TDLND - Chapter 7
TDLND - Epilogue
Other Books
Publishing My Work

TDLND - Chapter 5

22.3K 747 52
By kenralove12

Previously on the last chapter...................

"Who's this?" A disturbing raspy voice came from one of them and it made me gasp because the fact that I heard him, completely disturbed me and let me know that they were in fact real. I felt Salvador tense next to me, but then crouched his back, as if in a defense pose, which only made those things  laugh.

The next thing I knew I felt a wind hit my face and one of those things were right in front of me, and before I knew it he had my throat in his hand, lifting me off the ground. My hands instantly went to his hand and I tried to pry his from my neck, but it work.

Then a gasp escaped my lips when I saw a dark red claw with long black nails grab the thing from me and when I look at who the hand belong to, my heart stopped.

——————————————————

Chapter 5

——————————————————

There was something standing there, it had rough dark red skin with a long tail, and it had horns as big as a bull's on top of its head. When its eyes met mines, I was faced with glowing red eyes with a black ring around it, and its big pointy teeth were protruding from its mouth. What made my body go rigid was the familiar chills that ran down my spine, at the moment its eyes met mines.

'It couldn't be? It couldn't be him!' My head was pounding at the information that it was trying to process, but finally, it had short-circuited and my eyes closed, making the rest of my body go limp, and I welcomed the darkness.

I grab something and I felt the warmth radiating off of it, which made me snuggle into it more, and then I heard a groan. 'Pillows don't make noise.' At that thought, my eyes flash open and my eyes meet a naked chest, a naked man's chest, that has abs.

I sat up quickly and smile as my eyes meet the sexy man that plagues my dreams at night, but the smile drops as soon as the memories from yesterday started to pour in my mind slowly, and I scream making that thing sit up quickly.

"What? What is it?" The thing's lips moved as it looked around in a defensive position, looking for a threat.

"Get out!" I yelled making its head snap to me and its eyes went wide, I don't know when I found the strength to talk, but I probably sound ridiculous, but I don't care, I just want it to get out.

"What's wrong Brooks, are you OK?" It asked with its eyebrows furrowed and its eyes gleaming with concern.

"Get away from me you monster-Demon, whatever you are, stay away from me!" I yelled out, my voice felt raspy in my throat as tears started to stream down my face. When I said this, its eyes flickered with what seemed like hurt, and I felt a horrible stab in my chest when I saw that, and I couldn't understand why.

He stood up straight and looked at me as if assessing if what I said was what I really wanted and then he spoke. "If that's what you want, I will leave you be." His eyes still had hurt in them, but his voice was firm, and at his final words, he grabbed his shirt and left me there. For some reason, I could only hear him, even though I couldn't hear anything else that was going on in the world.

I stopped my tears from falling, even more, I was having an eternal battle with my heart and mind. My heart and body were yearnings for his touch, his smile, everything about him, but my mind couldn't stay another second with that thing, that demon.

I sat there contemplating if what I saw was weird or only a figment of my imagination, but how could I have just imagined something like that out of nowhere, it just doesn't make any sense, so it must have been real. I remembered when I saw the red claw, and I knew whatever it was, was trying to protect me from the ones that were trying to hurt me, so it had to be him, right?

When I turned to the clock on my nightstand, I realized that I had been wallowing in my sorrows for the past four hours. I decided that I needed to take a bath to calm me down and then paint my frustration away. After putting on a big t-shirt, got my painting utensils out and then started to paint aimlessly, letting my frustration pour out onto the canvas until I was finally done and I put my brush down.

What I was looking at made my heart pound, I had painted the fall scene again with the figure, but this time the figure was way closer, and it was Salvador with the look of hurt that I saw in his eyes earlier, but in the painting, there was one lone tear under his right eye.

Seeing this gave me another stab in my chest, and it made me quickly stand up and walk away from the painting, I couldn't handle looking at it for a second longer. I went in my room, sat on my bed with my back against the board, and got into a fetal position as let the tears fall once again.

'Why does it hurt? Why do I feel like I need him?' I asked myself as I rocked back and forth.

Listen to what your heart tells you

'What? did I just think that?' The tears had stopped when I heard or thought that, I wasn't even sure where that had come from.

"Didn't I tell you this before?" Said a voice, and I squeaked in surprise as I met the eyes of the man I met before, but this time He had white wings and the tips of them were black. I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself to try to wake myself up from this dream, but it didn't work.

"This is real, so you can stop hurting yourself now." He said with an amused smile.

"But how, you-you have wings!" I stuttered looking at him with wide eyes. "And how am I able to hear you now and everything else," I asked, because not only was I able to hear his voice, but I was also able to hear the movement of his feet on the carpet floor.

"That's because I'm an Angel, sweetheart. And I blessed you with hearing so that we can make this process easier." Gabriel said giving me his ten-watt smile. "Now let's cut to the chase shall we." He didn't let me say anything before he started talking again.

"You Missy, have disturbed the balance of the universe-." I interrupted him before he could finish. "How did I do that?" I ask incredulously and he shot me a glare before he continued.

"As I was saying, because of your incompetence, you have disturbed the balance of the universe. I had told you to follow your heart, and yet you broke the Devil's heart, by rejecting him, and now he is on a deadly rampage of taking people's souls before it is even their  time." He said sternly.

"What are you talking about? What devil?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Him." He said as he turned his hand and a mini cloud formed and then showed me Salvador that was sitting on a huge chair that looked like a throne, with a menacing look on his face, but I could see the hurt still present in his eyes, and a familiar sting found it's way to my chest again.

"I don't understand why your referring to that thing," I whispered but he still heard it.

"That thing is your soul mate and so are you his. God created you for him so that he wouldn't lose himself, even though he did betray God, God is giving him the chance of happiness because he forgives him." He said pacing back and forth in my room with his wings still out, and then sopped and pointed at me. "But you, you just let Satan take him over, and he is ready to crush this world, taking you along with it, you can see it in his eyes that he still cares, but that was this morning, look at him now." He said and then formed the cloud in his hand.

There was Salvador, but he was now the red monster that I had saw in the park, and his eyes were void, they weren't even the fiery red color that I had seen the other day, they were completely black. He was now just walking in the streets, throwing fireballs everywhere making humans run around, and screaming for dear life. The moon was shining, but I could see a black circle that was trying to make its way over it, I had caused the apocalypse.

My heart crumbled when I realized that I was the cause of this, The cause of his pain, the cause of the world ending, and I couldn't help but cry. My mind had finally clicked when I saw his void eyes and missed his warm grey ones, and I realized that I had fallen in love with this monster whether I wanted to or not, and right now he was eternally in pain because of me.

"Now listen, crying is not going to help anyone, you need to suck it up and find him before the world ends because he is just getting started." He said and then he walked to me and offered his hand,

I looked at his hand and determination struck me like a bolt of lightning, and I wiped my tears away and took his hand. "Good now that everything has been established, we need to get you there quickly, but I will warn you, Satan has taken over, and he does not care for who you are, your determination and love for Salvador will be tested, but you are the only one that can bring him back." He said looking into my eyes and I nodded my head and then noticed my body start to glow.

"This will keep you from dying, if Satan kills you, which he will, you will come back a few hours later, but if the moon is completely black, everyone will die including you." He said firmly and I felt my heart race at the fact that He will try to kill me, even though I know that Satan has taken over him.

"But isn't he a part of him? Wouldn't he feel any kind of remorse for killing me?" I asked him and my voice cracked at the end.

"Satan might be a part of him, but he is someone completely different, he has no emotion whatsoever, and his only existence is to cause chaos and nothing else." He said flatly, giving me no room to talk, he grabbed on to me. "When the moon is completely black, your time has run out." He said as he walked to my balcony and flapped his wings lifting us up from the platform.

My heart was racing in fear, but not fear of him, it was in fear of the unknown because I do not know if I will get through to him after breaking his heart mercilessly. I just hoped that I would be able to get through to him before the time ran out.

_________________________________

Author's Note:

As you see, I have started to upload a lot more now and I hope that makes you guys happy.

I don't know if you guys noticed, but this story is now a short-story, so that means we are close to it end. There are still a few chapters left for you guys to enjoy.

Please show your enjoyment of this book so far by VOTING, COMMENTING, and FOLLOWING!

P.S

If you like my writing style or the book, you can check out my other ones if you like. 

I love my readers so much and your support means the world to me! ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

656K 22.3K 42
Who knew my new apartment would be the one beside my new boss. Not only that but turns out he is a incubus which explains all the sex. Damn it! I al...
200 0 22
Going through life without a lover, Aubrey gets to the end of her life...with nothing. Frustrated and alone, she is thrown into heaven with no sense...
1.3M 36.1K 55
His pupils dialate and a smirk shudders my whole body just looking at it. He lowers his head and burries his head in my neck. A slight gasp leaves my...
3.5K 208 23
Our tongues fight for dominance and I don't back down, his left hand grabbing my ass so hard it might bruise but damn it feels so good and I moan whe...