THE WAREHOUSE HOTLINE

By MaryamlovesBTR

THE UNDISCOVERED AWARDS WINNER FOR THE SHORT STORY CATEGORY | HIGHEST RANK #75 IN SHORT STORY THE MALIBU AWAR... More

|0|: Intro
|1|: The Warehouse Hotline
|2|: Go Upstairs, Genius
|3|: What's Your Name?
|4|: What Can I Do For You?
|5|: I'm Going To Call You, Sapphire
|6|: You Asked Me How I Was, So I Said, Evil
|7|: The Penthouse Hotline
|8|: The Warehouse Hotline's Advice
|9|: Revenge Sucks
|10|: You're Always Calm And Cool
|11|: How Can I Help You, Pretty Lady?
|12|: Enjoyed The Charade?
|13|: Would You Like A Side Of Fries With That?
|14|: Homework
|15|: Hotline Commotion
|16|: Can You Ever Trust A Villain?
|17|: The Penthouse Hotline Services
|18|: You're Not A Chum
|19|: You Always Know The Right Things To Say
|20|: Kicked Your Sorry Butt
|21|: Hang In Tight, Clarisse
|22|: In Your Wildest Dreams
|23|: Health Clinic For Superheroes (MC)
|24|: My Name's Georgia
|25|: You're Both Exactly The Same
|26|: Mystery And Mellowness (MC)
|27|: More Damage Than This? (MC)
|28|: All Villains Are The Worst
|29|: You Got It Bad
|30|: You've Been Placed On Hold
|31|: I Really Thought I Had A Chance
|32|: How I Found You
|33|: Drew Has Tricks Up His Sleeves, Pretty Lady
|34|: Are You A Villain?
|35|: We Finally Meet
|36|: I Am Such A Huge Fan!
|37|: And Chase Was Gone
|38|: Sayonara Hero
|39|: Can't Get Over The Fact, That I'm Talking To My Hero!
|40|: I Am Your Family Too
|41|: Is That How You Talk To A Villain?
|42|: Please. I Could've Taken You Down
|43|: Break Them
|44|: More Action Than Talk
|45|: Estranged Things
|46|: I'm A Villain
|47|: I'll Help You
|48|: Premises 101
|49|: I Came Here For Some Business
|50|: Are They Under Some Protection Programme?
|51|: Let Me Finish
|52|: Knocked Them Out Pretty Badly
|53|: Not If You're A Villain
|54|: Surveillance
|55|: Case #ED281
|56|: I Didn't Decieve Anyone
|57|: This Is All My Fault
|59|: Gee Clarisse
|60|: Not All Of Us Are Heartless
|61|: Who Is This New Villain?
|62|: Pop Went The Bubble
|63|: Wow Indeed, Love
|64|: Late Night Trip
|65|: A. B Hopkins
|66|: Hunter, Xavier And Dianna
|67|: Run
|68|: See You, Geek
|69|: Superhero Colours
|70|: Miss Me?
|71|: Shiz, Dunk And Wreck
|72|: Surprise
|73|: Kingdom Of Fear
|74|: Remind Me To Play 20 Facts With You
|75|: You Surprise Me Sometimes, Kid
|76|: You're Destroy?
|77|: Get Even?
|78|: Get Up, You Moron
|79|: Don't Go All Sappy On Me Now
|80|: You Were Really Brave
|81|: Eat Some Pudding
|82|: You're So Cliché
|83|: I Missed You Too, Candy Cane
|84|: Not Bad, Sapphire
|85|: Watch Out
|86|: You Look Familiar
Character Q/A
|87|: Tell Me Something I Don't Know

|58|: She's In A Coma

34 8 9
By MaryamlovesBTR

Chase and Evan found themselves at an abandoned rooftop as they stared at the city view. He admired the view of State City, it was breathtaking and just a beautiful view to see.

"I'll never forget the beautiful views of this city." Evan breathed out as Chase played with her fingers.

Evan seemed to noticed Chase's distance reply, he looked at the sky and began to speak,

"Whenever I don't like to talk, I like to look at the stars." Chase followed her eyes up to the stars as the two stared up.

There was a constellation of millions of stars sparkling upon the beautiful city. The starts looked so relieving to stare at as they shone.

Chase breathed out, she admired the true beauty of the Earth and never ignored it for anything. Licking her lips, Chase swallowed as she looked across the city.

There was a beautiful skyline which caused her to see something being written in the stars. She scrunched her brows in disbelief as she she blinked a couple of times, to see if she was imagining this.

'Smile, Chase.'

She turned to face Evan to see him staring ahead. "Is that you?" She asked surprised as Evan lifted his hand up a smile being drawn in the sky.

"Cool." The lettering disappeared as Evan shrugged.

"It's temporary. An illusion which you can see." He explained as Chase smiled softly.

"Thank you." She breathed out as Evan furrowed his brows confused. 

"For what?" He asked confused.

"For making me feel better. No one has done that." He looked baffled.

"Really? I don't think that's true."

"It is. People are too scared of me." Chase admitted as Evan chuckled.

"Well, when I first met you, I saw a girl that looked ruthless and..." he trailed off as Chase turned to face him. "...beautiful." Her breath hitched at the back of her throat as she swallowed slowly. 

"Sorry-." Chase shook her head.

"It's fine."

"I'm guessing you're gonna say I look like the villains you've put into the dungeon of fury." Evan guessed as Chase chuckled lightly shaking her head.

"I was gonna say you looked cool." Evan looked at her sort of surprised before turning away as he smiled to himself. Chase looked ahead also hiding her small smile away.

Evan scratched his eyebrow not being able to remove the smile that came across his lips as he chuckled slightly.

*

Memphis, Georgia, Logan and Cameron were waiting patiently for the doctor as Evan and Chase had arrived, they had spotted the doctor come out and give them some sort of news.

"The glass shard penetrated quite deep internally, meaning she lost a lot of blood." She paused as she breathed out.

"She's fighting for her life." Chase closed her eyes as Georgia broke out into fresh new tears as Memphis tried to control her.

Chase breathed out as she felt her wrist device beep slightly, she moved a few meters away from the rest of them and answered it.

"Chase, I found Floyd's residence." Chase had a determined look on her face as she had disappeared quickly, before the rest could notice she was gone.

She had reached an abandoned apartment and had enough of playing nice, she pulled her hood up and placed her mask on as she kicked the door down and entered, finding Floyd getting up from the couch; as he saw who it was.

She grabbed him as she pushed him to the floor and punched him hard. Picking him up, she threw him onto the table as it broke.

Chase grabbed Floyd and slammed him against the wall as she punched him hard, her knuckles become bloodier by each blow. Floyd's face turning bruised as she pushed him kicking him straight to the abdomen as the breath was blown out of him.

He fell to the floor as he picked up a table leg and tried to whack Chase with it as she dodged it, before feeling another blow to her side as it had a nail, grazing her shoulder. She ignored the pain and continued fighting against him.

"You did this." She seethed as she grabbed his wrist and flipped him over. "You son of a gun. You did this!" She yelled at him as he fell to the floor shielding his face.

"I didn't!" He shot back as she kneed him hard, making him collapse on the ground.

Chase was furious, the rage showing as she grabbed Floyd and slammed him onto the counter and twisted his hand.

"She's fighting for her life, because of you." She dangerously stated.

Floyd coughed up blood as Chase had become ruthless like her first time as a villain, those painful memories flashing back to her, encouraged to do more damage to Floyd as she continuously punched him — the sound of clicking and cracking was heard, before she heard his panting.

"Stop, st- please." She raised her fist up as she saw him cough out blood once again. She grimaced at him before blowing one last punch knocking him out.

"Where's Chase?" Georgia asked as she looked around the hospital chairs.

"She's disappeared again?" Memphis looked worried now as Evan shook his head.

"She's not here." He had returned from searching the hospital as Cameron and Logan had done the same.

In came in, Chase with someone waddling and struggling to walk, the group stared at her state, Georgia covered her mouth as Evan closed his eyes for a mere second.

"Move it." Chase lowly stated as Floyd kept walking until he dropped in front of Georgia.

"S-sorry." Georgia looked at him sick.

"Chase you're hurt!" Memphis noticed as she stuck her hand up stopping Memphis.

"Take him and treat him." Chase told a nurse as she saw Floyd's state and hurriedly called a doctor as they took him away.

Chase's state was horrible, she had blood on her hands, a couple of grazes and cuts on her. Her shoulder looked like it had been cut as Evan, Logan and Cameron noticed this.

"You're hurt." Logan looked at her as she took a seat. "Chase." She looked up at him as she looked down.

"It's nothing." She shook her head slowly.

Before anyone could say anything, the doctor came out, as everyone looked up at her hopefully as she sighed shaking her head.

"She's in a coma."

Those few words instantly broke everyone. Georgia's heart shattered into a million pieces as her breathing became ragged.

Chase looked at her shoes not being able to look up at anyone, ashamed.

Evan, Logan and Cameron looked disturbed by this news as they stared at the doctor awestruck, not sure how to handle this newfound information.

Memphis licked her lips as she comforted Georgia, who tried to contain those precious tears of hers.

"Can we at least see her?" Georgia asked as the doctor swallowed nodding her head.

"Sure, go on in."  

Georgia ran into the room as everyone just silently prayed for the welfare of Avery. Chase had her head buried in her hands, the dark blood becoming more vibrant amongst her dark outfit.

She licked her lips as she stood up and made her way outside of the hospital.

"Let her go." Memphis nodded her head at the boys as they remained from chasing after Chase.

Chase stepped outside of the hospital and looked out as the wind brushed past her face, the tear-stained patches were drying up quicker. She held onto the railings of the hospital entrance and closed her eyes.

Opening them up again as she breathed out, she started walking and walking before ending up at a fountain. She swallowed as she walked towards it, the way the water cascaded down into the hollow circle as the water had its beautiful sound making it a more peaceful atmosphere for Chase.

She breathed out and started to speak.

"Oh, Avery. Why would you do such a thing?" Chase calmly asked no one in particular.

"You saved a big bad villain from getting hurt." She paused, letting a dry chuckle escape. "Why?" She shook her head as she sighed as she looked up.

"Oh, God. Please protect, Avery. Please heal her as quickly as possible. I know I haven't been the best person, but Avery didn't deserve any of this." Chase licked her lips. "It wasn't Avery's fault to help someone like me. A bad person like me." Chase shook her head.

"Please. Please give her a quick recovery." She quietly prayed falling to her knees as she glanced back at the peaceful water.

"I'm sorry, Avery."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 204 77
This story is based off of actual conversations my friends and I have in our group chat. It all started with a simple crush. Maybe this all would hav...
250K 24.3K 60
His beauty was unjustifiable through words. The Intelligence pummeled the greatest of minds. Voice, deeper than the darkest Abyss of sea and emotions...
42K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
9.6K 1.1K 131
This story is my happy place; I do not plan on ever finishing it. It will go on and on like a soapie. Might break it up into volumes later. "Grab a b...