The Dreamer

By Afroditie

THERE'S A SONG TO EVERY CHAPTER, MAKE SURE YOU LISTEN TO IT WHILE READING. Afrodite always kept to her self... More

The Dreamer.
The Pretender.
The Past.
The Wanderer.
The Wanderer. Part 2
The Old Waters.
The Lover.
The Forbidden One.
The Loved One.
The Host.
The Boyfriend.
The Love.
The Pain.
The Look.
The truth.
The Party.
The Night.
The Guardian.
The Sleep.
The Confession

The Stranger.

110 4 2
By Afroditie

Hello, this ones a bit long, but you get to know jack and afroditie better, the problem of the story will be here soon, and the link between Elizabeth and afroditie will become clear soon. I hope you like it .

This chapter is dedicated to one of my closest friends. Make  sure you g check her story out. She also the one who made my cover for me. Shes a phootoshop genius, and im sure if you ask nicely enough shell make on for you too ;)

Theres a song to every chapter, make sure you play it while reading, it sets the mood.

-What are you doing here? Are you some creepy stalker?                                                                           I said with a grin on my face.

-Yup, just came out here to rape you in the middle of the street.                                                                           We both laughed.

I stepped closer to him, I put my arms around his neck still smiling, I went slightly on my tiptoes and kissed him, it still felt alien to kiss him but I couldn't help it, stranger or not I liked the feeling of his lips on mine.

-Im really worried that this is how you greet strangers.                                                                                        

He said, his hands were wrapped around my waist. After all these years of being introverted and alone, it felt good to be held with such warmth.

-You're not a stranger though.                                                                                                                                    

I thought about that for a second. He was a stranger. I hardly knew anything about him. I had no idea how old he was. I had no idea where he was from. I didn't even know his last name. I don't even have his number. And yet, he makes my feel, safe, I truly believe he cares for me, and not because he had to like my family, because he chose to. 

-So, what are you doing sneaking out, on a school night you little rebel?

He said, he had a cocky grin spread wide across his face, I couldn't help myself, I kissed him again.

-Lets put it this way, there's something going on in my room that I'd rather not see.

I said as I finally pulled away from his arms, I turned towards the forest grabbing his and in an instant we were walking side by side, his arm around my waist, his hand settled it self in the back pocket of my jeans, i had my arm around him, lightly gripping his side. At a point when I leaned into him harder to hug him tightly I felt his muscles underneath his shirt, god he was toned, I remembered seeing him in soft moonlight, shoulders bare, abs exposed, he looked like he belonged on the cover of men's health, I wondered when I would see those abs again and couldn't help but blush. Before my thoughts could get weirder he finally spoke.

 -Whats your full name?

-Afroditie Ann Thompson, whats yours?

-Jack Douglas Smith.

-This is so weird, I know so little about you, yet I feel this close to you.

-I know, its like I already know you, like I know everything about you, like I've met you hundreds of times. Lets get to know each other then.

He said as he sat on the nearest bench. we were now in the forest to get to the lake you had to use off trail paths, I didn't like the stone footpaths, I was never alone when I used those, but this time was different,  we were the only people here, we were surrounded by woods, I could hear the sinning of birds in the near by trees. I sat cross legged facing him, leaning sideways on the back of the bench, it  was a warm night.

-Sounds good to me.

-Okay. My name is Jack, Im 20 years old. I go to college, I started a year later than most people because when I was 17 I was too much of a rebel to go to college, I drive a vintage, mince condition 70's motorcycle. Just last week I moved here from the other side of Cambridge, I start college on Tuesday, I love history. When I first went to the lake I was 6 my father took me on a day trip there, it took us a long time to get there, its one of the happiest memories I have with my father. When i finally got my motorcycle I found myself taking the 2 hour, speeding trip everyday. I've been living alone ever since I was 17, my parent's have hated me since I was 15. I lost my virginity at 16. He  said with a seductive smile on his face. I've never loved any of my past girlfriends and hookups. I hate imbeciles, I had a younger sister but she committed suicide when I was 15, she was 13. My parents have always blamed me for her death, once, I heard them talking, they said they rather it was me instead of her, they hate me because, their favorite and only, daughter took her life, and they were stuck with the emotionally detached disappointment were ashamed to call their son. I loved my sister with all my heart. I've never felt loved since that, my parents made me hate myself and others around me. So yeah that's me, nice too meet you.

His face dropped horrifyingly when he got to the part about his family, I felt so sorry for him, I imagined what it would be like to loose my little sister, I felt deep pain for him when he said he hasn't felt loved by his parents for the past five years. I stood up and sat on his lap, I  looked at his sorrowful face, his bright eyes lost their special glow, they were dark with sadness, I saw his eyes water, I kissed him gently, trying to put as much love into the kiss as possible, after I pulled away he tried to hide his face, I guessed he didn't want me to see him crying. Before a tear slipped down his cheek I held his face to my chest, I rested my chin on the top of his soft dark hair, I whispered words of comforting into the air surrounding us, I could feel his breath through my shirt yet I felt no dampness on the spot where his eyes were, when he finally lifted his head up hes eyes were glowing once again, his cheeks were dry and he had a smile on his face, but I could still see a dark shade of sadness deep in his irises. He loosened his arms around my waist, I layed my head against his shoulder, I was so overpowered by the amount of loneliness and pain in his heart, all of a sudden I could feel it radiating off him in waves. He rocked me back and forth, soothing my hair, like it was me who needed comforting and love. Maybe I did. After a long period of time being held in his strong arms I let out a long breath and began to tell him my life story.

-Okay then, I'm Afroditie, don't ever call me afro, or afrodie, or what ever stupid nickname you come up with. Im 17, I got to the local college. I have a lot of friends but most of them annoy me. I have an older brother called John, who's currently doing the nasty with my best friend, in my bed. Soon their thing will turn into a student teacher relationship since hes going to be a P.E teacher at the college we got to. I get easily annoyed by my mother, who's your typical 50's house wife. My dad died when I was little. I don't remember him at all. I don't have any clear memories of my daddy. I hate myself and my mum for not remembering. Sometimes I just wish I was far far away, I too, have never felt loved, sure my mum and brother love me, but they do because they have to, if we weren't related they would hate me. Im a virgin. I felt my cheeks get hot when I said that, his eyes never left mine. I dislike most people, I prefer trees and nature, I always feel like I don't belong. Everyone I know secretly hates me, but they wont show it, my brother is the only reason I even have friends, I got introduced to some of his friends, meaning I knew a lot of year 11s, people were friends with me because I knew a lot of people, or they thought my brother was fit. I enjoy my own compan, when ever I'm out partying I keep to myself, drinking, feeling apart from the group of people I'm in the middle of. My life is pretty boring. So that's my story, nice to meet you too jack. 

-Gues were just a pair of messed up kids. 

-Yeah I guess we are.

I rested the side of my body on his chest, his shoulder a strong, warm pillow for my tired head. I haven't slept too well lately I was tired, but I still haven't gotten the text message form Haley telling me it was okay for me to come back. I was so, so tired. We sat like that for what seemed like hours, until i let out a long, loud yawn.

-Are you tired? 

Jack asked in a soft voice.

-Yeah, haven't slept well lately.

I replied, I closed my eyes for a long period of time trying to get as much rest as I could.

-So... your brother, and your best friend, in your bed?

He asked with a smile on his lips. I knew he had perverted thoughts running trough his head.

-Yeah, I don't really mind as long as thy change the sheets, but usually there done by now and I can enjoy my few  short hours of sleep.

I thought back to my chat with Haley. They were probably talking about their feelings.

-What time did they say they'd be done?

-They didn't, usually Haley texts me when its okay for me to come back. I guess you're stuck with me crushing your body for a bit longer.

-First of all you're not crushing me, quite the opposite, I find it comforting, second of all, I don't mind, if anything I'm glad. 

There was a sweet smile on his face, a kind of smile  you would expect to see on a 13 year olds face when he was giving flowers to his secret crush.

 -I'm glad too. 

I think I must have fallen asleep by then. All i could remember was the warmth of his chest against my cheek and his gentle hands stroking my hair. The next thing I was aware of, was being carried, but I was half asleep and comfortable, so I chose not to react.   

I heard my name being called but it was distant. Again I heard a soft murmur that sounded like my name. In no time the voice became louder, and my eyes flickered open. I was being held against a warm chest, it took me a while to realise who's face I was staring at. I was to struck by glowing green eyes.It was Jack who was holding me tightly as if i weight less than a feather.

-Hey there sleeping beauty.

He said smiling when he saw my eyes have opened. He looked so hot right now, all I wanted to do was kiss his bloody face off.

-You fell asleep in my arms. Its almost 3am, and your friend still hasn't called you. You were starting to shiver so I decided to take you back to mine, as long as you don't mind of course.

He said that last part quickly, as if he felt ashamed he just assumed that would be alright. He was such a gentle man, so hard to find now-a-days, he had passion and care in his eyes.

-I don't mind.

I said in a quiet sleepy voice.

-Okay then, but do you mind staying awake for the next few  minutes? We have to  get on the motorbike, and i can't exactly make sure you don't fall off and drive at the same time.

-okie dokie.

I have never been on a motorbike before, but I was too tired to protest, I slipped on the helmet he gave me and climbed on behind him, my brain was still in sleep mode, so I didn't  have enough brain power to admire the beautiful machine. I held on to him tightly as the motor roared to life and we were speeding off into the night, I rested my head against his shoulder, it felt nice to watch the world slip by so fast, all I could feel was the warmth of his shoulder and the rush of wind on my face. I closed my eyes once again but made sure I was awake so I could keep holding on.

This wasn't the night to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 9.9K 47
[Complete] [Editing] Georgina, an inquisitive incoming college student, must seek answers to understand why her peaceful life has been turned upside...
416K 12.8K 53
17 year old Hope moves to Massachusetts when her Dad takes a job at Harvard University. she never expected the attraction she feels toward her new En...
171K 3.5K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...
3.6K 3 1
Bound by the memories of the past, Clara Copper harbored a deep-seated aspiration to become afamous fashion designer and own a grand boutique. Howeve...