Curious: Restless ~OUAT Fanfi...

By xlaurynwritesx

Rest•less unable to rest or relax After discovering her family and her powers life continued to be hectic f... More

•Neverland•
•Map•
•Dreamshade•
•The Cure•
•Brave•
•Skull Rock•
•Home•
•Switched•
•Goodbye•
•Castle•
•Shooting Practice•
•Preparation•
•The Ball•
•Sort Of•
•Confession•
•Memory•
•Forgotten•
•Courage•
•Shining Tears•
•Magic•
•Ignored•
•Remember•
•Defeat•
•Family•

•Missing Year•

297 9 0
By xlaurynwritesx

"Hi." Maya replied as she wiped her eyes and looked to him.

"I don't mean to bother you, but are you okay?" He asked as she looked to him still on the rock. He had a kind British accent.

"I'm hanging in there. You weren't exactly supposed to see me." She replied looking to him as she leaned on her knees.

"Well you are out in the open." He answered with a kind smile.

"Maybe I didn't exactly think it through." She said looking to him with a smile.

"There's a smile." He said looking to her.

"I don't mean to sound rude, but have you always been in Storybrooke?" She asked looking to him.

"Actually no. I came over here to ask, but you seemed like you just needed someone to cheer you up." He said as he looked to the ocean.

"So you are new to town? How did you get here?" She asked looking to him.

"Well that's a good question. Last thing I remember is hunting with the merry men in the Enchanted Forest and then all the sudden we are in the middle of a weird land." He answered looking to her. "The rest of the men are not that far that way into the woods."

"Well do you need help?" Maya asked as she stood up. "I can lead you to where you need to go."

"Okay." He said with a small smile. "So are you friends wth the people in charge?" He asked as Maya put on her shoes and they walked towards the forest.

"Well I'm related to them." She answered looking to him.

"Are they the King and Queen?" He asked confused.

"Technically but we don't really have those here." She smiled lightly. "You might know them actually. They are Snow White and Prince Charming."

"They were in my realm until the Evil Queens curse. So what are you to them?" He asked curiously.

"Well my name is Maya and I'm Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter." She said looking to him.

"Oh my apologies." He said as he bowed to a Maya. She got a weird sense of dejavu. "I didn't realize you were a princess."

"Don't worry about it." She said with a tilt of her head. "Uh, like I said we don't really have royalty here. You seem very... familiar."

"I don't think we've met before, but it's like I've had this conversation before." He said looking to her.

"It's probably just our imaginations." She shrugged. She didn't want to sound like a creep.

"Yeah. Here's the camp. The men should be back soon." He answered looking to her.

"So you're part of Robin Hood's band?" Maya asked looking to him.

"You know Robin?" He asked surprised.

"Kind of. This world has stories about people from your world. There are stories about Robin Hood." She smiled.

"Have you heard of me?" He asked looking to her.

"It depends. What's your name?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.

"Zach." He answered.

"Doesn't ring a bell, but then again all the stories told here are different in the real world." She answered with a nod. He was very intrigued by what she was saying. "I could show you around if you'd like. There are a lot of interesting things in this land."

"That would be nice." He nodded as some men and a little boy walked over.

"Who is this Zachariah?" A man asked looking to Zach. Maya assumed Zach as his nickname.

"Is it your new girlfriend?" A man from the back asked as some of them laughed. Maya blushed lightly.

"No, this is Maya. She said she can help." Zach said as they came over to her.

"I'm Robin Hood, I'm all for introductions but we are very confused. Do you know where we are?" The man in front asked.

"Yes. You are in Storybrooke, Maine. Do you remember the Evil Queens curse?"

"Yes it tore apart a lot of people." He answered with a nod.

"Well all those people are here. My parents Snow White and Prince Charming are probably calling everyone to city hall. I can lead you there so they can answer all of your questions." She said looking to him.

"That would be great thank you." He answered as they all walked to the town.

"What is that?" Zach asked pointing to a car.

"It's a car. It's like a horse and carriage put it uses gasoline to drive." She said to him as he nodded.

"And that?" He asked pointing to the clock tower.

"It's a clock tower. It tells time usually, but since we are in a curse it stays still. Underneath it is a library." She answered with a smile. She was amused by his amusement. He was like a kid in a candy store.

"This world is strange. Why are there two pathways?" He asked looking to the road then the sidewalk.

"Well the bigger one if for the cars and the one we are on is for people so they don't get hit by the cars." She answered.

"Cars seem very dangerous." He answered looking at them.

"They are but they get you places quicker so people decided to use them anyway." She answered with a smile. "Alright we are here. I hope you find everything you needed."

"Thank you for the help." The men thanked before walking in.

"Your world is strange." He said looking around.

"Just wait until you discover the food." She smiled.

"You'll have to show me it one day." He said looking to her with a smile.

"Sounds like a plan. I like to walk on the beach a lot so you'll be able to find me there." She smiled back.

"I should get inside. Thank you again." He nodded as he walked in. Maya smiled. She almost forgot how Henry and Emma were gone.

Almost.

She walked back to the loft and got inside. She would've gone into city hall but she didn't want to talk to anyone right now. She just wanted to spend sometime alone. She looked to Emma's bed as she sat in her own. She just wished that they could come back so much.

After a while she fell asleep. The next day came around and she woke up and went downstairs.

Her dad was sitting at the table drinking coffee. "Good morning." He smiled to her.

"Hey." She said as she looked to the kitchen. She forgot to eat dinner so she was really hungry. She made some cereal and sat with her dad. "So did you help Robin Hood?" Maya asked looking to him.

"You met him?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah I lead them to city hall." She answered before taking a bite of cereal.

"That was nice of you." David smiled.

"Yeah. I guess." She nodded. "You don't mind if I go to the beach again today do you?" She asked looking to him.

"I guess not." He sighed. He knew Maya wanted space still but he wished she would just stay with them. She had done a lot of growing in the past year. You could see the maturity in her face.

"Okay. I'll be back before dinner." She said as she went upstairs and got ready. She loved the beach but she really just wanted to see Zach again. There was something about him that made her drawn to him, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

As she arrived to the beach she walked to her usual rock and saw Zach sitting there. "Hey." Maya smiled to him lightly.

"I wasn't sure if you would show up." He answered looking to her. "Are you busy?" He asked looking to her.

"Not really, I was just going to walk around." She answered looking to him.

"I was hoping you could show me that food you were talking about. I'm hungry and you said it was interesting." He said looking to her.

"I don't see why not." Maya nodded. Let me just text my dad. She said as she pulled out her phone.

"What's that?" He asked looking at it.

"Oh it's called a cell phone. You use it to talk to people when they aren't near you." She said as he looked at it.

"Does it use magic?" He asked looking to her.

"No, it uses electricity." She said as he looked at her confused. "I don't know how to explain electricity." She chuckled as she finished texting her dad. "I'll take you to Granny's first and if your hungry after we can get ice cream." She said as she started walking.

"Ice cream?" He asked.

"It's like frozen milk. It's yummy." Maya smiled.

"Let's get it first." He said looking to her.

"It's like dessert so it's better after." She nodded. They went into Granny's and sat at a booth. While they were sitting there Maya saw a red headed woman looking at her. Maya smiled to the woman who smiled back and covered her face with her menu. Maya was confused but she didn't put much thought into it.

"What is a cheeseburger? What are French fries? Why are they French? Do your food talk to you?" He asked looking to her. Maya chuckled and looked at him.

"No the food doesn't talk." She laughed. "I'll just order for you okay?" Maya asked looking to him.

Maya ended up getting them both cheese burgers, fries, and hot cocoa with cinnamon.

"Here you go." Ruby said as she put the cocoa in front of them both.

"So this is a little hot but it'll warm you up. Sip it carefully." Maya said looking at him.

"So is it like hot tea?" He asked.

"Kind of but it's chocolatey." She answered as she took a sip and it warmed her throat. She watched as Zach carefully took a sip.

"Wow." He said as he took another. "That's delicious. Is this cream?" He asked putting his finger on the whipped cream and then licking it.

"It is actually. It's called whipped cream." She smiled.

"This is interesting." He said as he sipped it.

"You should save some for your meal." Maya chuckled as he nodded. Soon Ruby came over with the food and Maya put some ketchup and mayo on her cheeseburger and then some ketchup by her fries. Zach did exactly what she did which made Maya smile. He was clueless and Maya found it interesting.

"You dip the fries in the ketchup." Maya smiled as she did so and ate it. He did the same and nodded.

"So this is a potato?" He asked as Maya nodded. "So why is it called French fries?"

"Cut potatoes are called fries and I don't know why they have French in front of it." Maya said as she took a bite of her burger. He did the same and looked at it.

"This is good." He nodded.

"One of my favorites." She smiled. They finished eating and both were full. Maya told Ruby to put it on her family tab and she did.

"I'm too full for ice cream." He said as he looked to Maya.

"Me too. We'll have to do that another time then." Maya nodded.

"Deal." He said. "I should get back to our camp. I'll see you later." He smiled to her.

"Okay." She nodded. "See you later." She responded as she began to walk away. She went to the loft and stayed in her room reading until she heard a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it." Her dad said as he walked to the door.

"Hi. Um- don't close the door. My name is-" She heard a person begin to say.

No way. Could it really be-, Maya thought as she got out of bed and walked downstairs.

"Emma." David said looking to her. Maya walked over to her dad and looked to see her sister.

"Em? It's really you." Maya said as Emma hugged her.

"So you all remember?" Emma asked.

"You do too?" Maya asked.

"We remember but we are missing a year." Maya answered looking to her.

"You look so grown up now." Emma smiled to her sister.

"Imagine how I feel. I wake up one morning and I look different." Maya chuckled.

"But how do you know for sure it's been a-" she started as Mary Margaret ran over.

"Emma?!" She said as she hugged said woman.

"-year?" Emma said as she looked at her pregnant mother.

"As you can see, a lots happened." David said.

"We just don't know what." Mary Margaret smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.6K 27
||PUREST HEART SERIES: BOOK 1|| ────── ★★★ ────── "You need to believe in yourself before others can believe in you." ────── ★★★ ────── In which Ever...
10.6K 166 14
A very long time ago, you fell in love with a boy named Malcolm, and he blessed you with a son. Only problem? You're Hecate, goddess of magic, and yo...
9.7K 369 22
There is a town in Maine, where all the storybook characters you have ever know are stuck between two worlds, victims of a terrible curse... But now...
36.4K 612 11
You're just a girl living in Storybrooke. Your best friend is Henry Mills. He tells you how everyone in town is from a fairytale and you're the only...