My Best Friend's Brother: Rod...

By geekgirl750

Ever since you moved to Plainview you've had a crush on Greg's older brother Rodrick. Rodrick has always seen... More

A/N
Age 14
Age 15
Age 16
Age 17
A/N
SURPRISE!!!

Age 13

16.3K 285 1.8K
By geekgirl750

This is your outfit

Y/N= Your Name

L/N= Last Name

You were 13 and your family had just moved to Plainview. Your father had gotten a promotion at work and the company decided to relocate him to the Plainview branch. You were happy for your dad and the money that this new job would bring however, you really wish the move didn't have to happen during the middle of 8th grade. Middle school sucked already, and now you had to go through it in another town far away from your friends.

" Y/N, can you come help me with these boxes?" Your mother called from the back of the car.

"Coming." Pausing the music on your phone, you stood up from your spot on the front steps to go help your mom.

"Thank you, sweetie." She says handing you a box labeled "Kitchenware". You begin to follow her to the house.

"GREG! YOU ARE SO DEAD!!!" You hear someone shout. You turn to look.

The front door to the house across the street flies open as a brown-haired boy about your age runs full speed off the porch and into the front yard. He looks over his shoulder as a taller boy with dark spiky hai chases after him, most likely his older brother. The older boy tackles the younger one to the ground and the two begin to wrestle.

"Those boys look nice, you should make friends." Your mom gestures to the pair across the street.

"I don't need help making friends Mom. I'm fine being alone." You put your headphones back on and headed inside with the boxes.

"If you say so, honey." Your mom shakes her head, following you into the house.

By the time you and your parents had unpacked everything and you had set up your room the way you liked it, it was close to midnight.

"You should head to bed Y/N . You have school tomorrow." Your mom said.

"Ugh! Don't remind me. " You sighed, hugging your mom goodnight.

"Hey cheer up kiddo, our new life starts tomorrow." Your dad adds, pulling you into a hug himself.

"I guess I'm kinda excited." You admitted before heading upstairs to your bedroom.

***

"Out of my way emo freak!" A preppy looking girl with pigtails screeched, pushing you aside. To say that your first day of school at Westmore was a living hell would have been an understatement.

"Whatever..." You muttered fixing your flannel. You bent down to pick up your books that had fallen when the girl pushed you.

"The only freak around here is you Patty Farrell!" You hear a voice call from behind you. You turn around to see the brunette boy from yesterday.

"Oh my gosh! Greg Heffley has a crush on the emo girl!" Patty calls out, earning a glance from a few students in the hall.

"No I don't." Greg said defensively, his voice cracking.

Patty giggled. "What a loser." She rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Don't take it personal, that's just Patty." Greg told you, handing back a notebook as he helped you pick up the last of your stuff. "I haven't seen you around before."

"Yeah I'm new. My family just moved here. Right across the street from you actually."

"Oh so you're the new family my mom was talking about. I'm Greg Heffley." He held out his hand and you shook it.

" Y/N L/N . Nice meeting you." You said, starting to walk away.

"Wait," He called after you. "Do you need help finding your class?"

"Actually yeah I do. I have biology next."

"Me too. Let me show you the way." He smiled. You smiled back, following him to your next class.

"So Y/N do you like video games?"

"Are you kidding? I'm a beast at Twisted Wizard!" You bragged proudly.

"No way, I love that game!" Greg replied excitedly. "Maybe you could come over after school and we can play it?"

"I'd love too."

"Sounds great."

***

The rest of the school day was pretty boring. The only memorable thing being meeting Greg's friend Rowley. The two seemed really nice and you liked them, despite the fact that they were really kind of nerdy.

You counted down the seconds to the end of last period, rushing outside when the bell rang. You met up with Greg and Rowley at the front of the school. The three of you started walking to Greg's house.

"What are you listening to?" Rowley asked, gesturing to your headphones.

"Bring Me the Horizon."

"Cool. Are they like Joshie?"

"Here, have a listen." You take off your headphones, handing them to Rowley.

"Woah..." Rowley's eyes widened as he heard the rock music blare in his ears.

You giggled softly, taking the headphones back. "I know right."

"C'mon guys." Greg whined, urging you two to hurry up.

"Race you!" You shouted to the boys, running the last block to the Heffley household. Greg ended up beating you, opening the door as you and Rowley stood on the porch, trying to catch your breath.

A brown-haired woman with glasses stood in the kitchen preparing dinner as you entered. She appeared to be in her forties, and smiled when she saw you three. "Hi Mom." Greg greeted.

"Hello Mrs. Heffley." Rowley added.

You gave her a small nod, not really sure of how to respond.

"Greg. Why don't you introduce me to your friend?" Susan asked her son.

"That's Y/N . Her family just moved here." He said with a shrug, wanting to end the conversation so he could go play his video games.

"Nice to meet you Y/N . I would really like to meet your parents. Maybe we can have you all over for dinner sometime."

"That sounds nice Mrs. Heffley." You said politely before being yanked away by an impatient Greg.

"Homework first right?" Mrs. Heffley asked with a sceptical face.

"Of course." Greg lied. The three of you started to head to the living room.

"And keep it down, I finally got Manny to take his nap." She called after you.

"Yeah, yeah." Greg responded half-heartedly, continuing on his way to the TV .

Suddenly the path was blocked by a form. Greg and Rowley stopped short, causing you to bang into the person.

"Owf! Watch where you're going shortie!" They yelled.

You looked up and your heart started to melt. A tall, lanky teenage boy stood blocking your path. You recognized him as Greg's older brother. You stood mesmerized by his brown shaggy hair and punky smile. He had on a faded band tee and a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, similar to your own style.

"Out of the way Rodrick!" Greg yelled, pushing him slightly.

"Not going to happen." Rodrick chuckled, spreading himself further across the doorframe.

Greg tried to crawl underneath Rodrick's outspread arms, but Rodrick put him in a headlock, shoving his armpit in Greg's face.

"Smell the love!" Rodrick laughed.

"Let me go!" Greg shouted, trying to pull free.

"Boys no fighting!" Mrs. Heffley called from the kitchen.

Rodrick let Greg go, pushing him into the living room. Rowley quickly scrambled after him. You stayed in the hallway staring at Rodrick in awe.

He made a face . "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing..." You replied dreamily before following the boys into the other room. Rodrick trailed behind you, lazily throwing himself on the couch.

You saw Rowley and Greg bent over the TV, setting up the game and quickly went over to help them.

"What do you got there Greggy?" Rodrick taunted from the couch.

"Leave me alone."

Rodrick walked over and took the video game case out of his hand.

"Hey give that back!" Greg yelled.

Rodrick held it over Greg's head, making him jump for it. "You gotta try harder that that Greg."

Just when the game was in Greg's reach, Rodrick pushed him away and dashed up the stairs.

"RODRICK!" Greg chased after him.

You and Rowley exchanged glances before following the other two upstairs. You made it just in time to see Rodrick slam the door in Greg's face.

"C'mon open up." Greg pleaded, ponding on the door.

Rodrick called back a muffled "No way loser!" through the closed door. Loud rock music began to blare from inside the room.

"What are we going to do?" Rowley asked Greg who shrugged.

"We're going in there." You said, gesturing towards the door.
"Are you crazy?! Rodrick will kill us!" Greg hissed.

"Yeah and his room smells weird." Rowley added in.

You shook your head and knocked on the door.

"I said go away Greg!" Rodrick was faintly heard over the music.

You knocked again, this time louder.

Rodrick sighed loudly before you heard shuffling in the room. The music lowered and the door opened. Rodrick leaned against the door frame with an annoyed look on his face.

You had a clear plan on what you were going to say once that door opened, but as soon as you met eyes with Rodrick you became tongue-tied and weak in the knees.

"Hi..." You laughed nervously.

"What?" Rodrick growled.

"Um...hi..."

Rodrick rolled his eyes and started to close the door.

"Wait!" You stopped him before he shut it all the way. "Um...er-Greg, well uh, I mean I was, ah wondering if you could give the game back..but um...on second thought-why, why don't you just keep it...." You stammered out awkwardly, ending on a giggle.

"Whatever." Rodrick rolled his eyes, slamming the door in your face.

You sighed deeply, letting your body slid down the wall and onto the floor, still giggling to yourself.

"I think Y/N likes your brother." Rowley whispered.

He didn't have to though, you were so lost in thought that you heard nothing but your own daydream about Rodrick.

"Oh no!" Greg groaned shaking his head. This couldn't be happening. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 5.5K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
155K 17.1K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
459K 31.3K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.3M 57.7K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC