THE WAREHOUSE HOTLINE

By MaryamlovesBTR

THE UNDISCOVERED AWARDS WINNER FOR THE SHORT STORY CATEGORY | HIGHEST RANK #75 IN SHORT STORY THE MALIBU AWAR... More

|0|: Intro
|1|: The Warehouse Hotline
|2|: Go Upstairs, Genius
|3|: What's Your Name?
|4|: What Can I Do For You?
|5|: I'm Going To Call You, Sapphire
|6|: You Asked Me How I Was, So I Said, Evil
|7|: The Penthouse Hotline
|8|: The Warehouse Hotline's Advice
|9|: Revenge Sucks
|10|: You're Always Calm And Cool
|11|: How Can I Help You, Pretty Lady?
|12|: Enjoyed The Charade?
|13|: Would You Like A Side Of Fries With That?
|14|: Homework
|15|: Hotline Commotion
|16|: Can You Ever Trust A Villain?
|17|: The Penthouse Hotline Services
|18|: You're Not A Chum
|19|: You Always Know The Right Things To Say
|20|: Kicked Your Sorry Butt
|21|: Hang In Tight, Clarisse
|22|: In Your Wildest Dreams
|23|: Health Clinic For Superheroes (MC)
|24|: My Name's Georgia
|25|: You're Both Exactly The Same
|26|: Mystery And Mellowness (MC)
|27|: More Damage Than This? (MC)
|28|: All Villains Are The Worst
|29|: You Got It Bad
|30|: You've Been Placed On Hold
|31|: I Really Thought I Had A Chance
|32|: How I Found You
|33|: Drew Has Tricks Up His Sleeves, Pretty Lady
|34|: Are You A Villain?
|35|: We Finally Meet
|36|: I Am Such A Huge Fan!
|37|: And Chase Was Gone
|38|: Sayonara Hero
|39|: Can't Get Over The Fact, That I'm Talking To My Hero!
|40|: I Am Your Family Too
|41|: Is That How You Talk To A Villain?
|42|: Please. I Could've Taken You Down
|43|: Break Them
|44|: More Action Than Talk
|45|: Estranged Things
|46|: I'm A Villain
|47|: I'll Help You
|48|: Premises 101
|49|: I Came Here For Some Business
|50|: Are They Under Some Protection Programme?
|51|: Let Me Finish
|52|: Knocked Them Out Pretty Badly
|53|: Not If You're A Villain
|54|: Surveillance
|56|: I Didn't Decieve Anyone
|57|: This Is All My Fault
|58|: She's In A Coma
|59|: Gee Clarisse
|60|: Not All Of Us Are Heartless
|61|: Who Is This New Villain?
|62|: Pop Went The Bubble
|63|: Wow Indeed, Love
|64|: Late Night Trip
|65|: A. B Hopkins
|66|: Hunter, Xavier And Dianna
|67|: Run
|68|: See You, Geek
|69|: Superhero Colours
|70|: Miss Me?
|71|: Shiz, Dunk And Wreck
|72|: Surprise
|73|: Kingdom Of Fear
|74|: Remind Me To Play 20 Facts With You
|75|: You Surprise Me Sometimes, Kid
|76|: You're Destroy?
|77|: Get Even?
|78|: Get Up, You Moron
|79|: Don't Go All Sappy On Me Now
|80|: You Were Really Brave
|81|: Eat Some Pudding
|82|: You're So Cliché
|83|: I Missed You Too, Candy Cane
|84|: Not Bad, Sapphire
|85|: Watch Out
|86|: You Look Familiar
Character Q/A
|87|: Tell Me Something I Don't Know

|55|: Case #ED281

30 7 6
By MaryamlovesBTR

"When was this footage taken?" Chase asked.

"Uh, 6:55pm."

"Wait, there's more playing." Memphis figured out as they saw that the four of them had vanished to see the hacker step off from the wall.

"Good job, Hyde. You just brought me my next new victims. 10:58pm and they're gonna be gone. Out of my way." The edited voice laughed as the girls looked at the screen with curiosity.

"If anyone could save them, then they're lucky. You make sure that no one gets in the way and you'll be free." Destroy looked at his watch as Chase zoomed in to see Hyde looking away, he had a chip in his ear and nodded his head the very slightest.

"So, that means Hyde is doing this out of his own will." Memphis pieced up the parts as Joey nodded his head. 

"But what is so important on that case that people keep threatening him with?" Joey questioned as everyone thought for a bit.

"I think I know someone who may be able to tell us." Memphis licked her lips hesitantly.

*

"I am not helping you." A voice was heard as they stepped out of the room only to be met with Chase.

"You must be joking..." She trailed off. "Him? Of all people!" Chase yelled for the first time in a very long time.

"She's here? Why would you think I would possibly help you!" Goodie yelled as soon as he'd seen Chase.

"Listen I know you both hate each other's guts. But Goodie as much as I hate to say this, we do need your help."

"That's good and all, but I'm not helping you since she's here." Goodie stated as he looked at Chase with disgust.

"The feelings mutual, shark." Chase bit back as the two shot daggers at each other.

"For the love of- stop it!" Memphis yelled as the two looked at Memphis.

"You of all people should know, I will not work with this buffoon." Chase looked at Memphis.

"As well as I will not work with this banshee." Goodie fired.

"Haha. We all know who the real witch is." Chase snapped back.

"Yeah sorry, forgot you're the real scorpion here." Goodie spat.

"That's it." Chase was ready to attack Goodie as he was prepared too when Memphis stopped them by shooting lasers from her eyes on the floor distancing the two.

"I swear if you both don't stop, other people will die because of Destroy. We have two and a half hours to save three very important people." Chase and Goodie glanced at Memphis. It was 8:04pm currently.

"Why would you think I'd help villains? I despise them." Goodie asked with furrowed brows.

"Because it means saving the special ones from Destroy, the person hated by both superheroes and villains." Memphis explained. "Usually, I don't work with superheroes. This is all new to me as well, but word on the streets is that you have cases on every villain and you maybe are able to help us with one in particular." Memphis discreetly played off.

"Oh yeah, who's that?"

"Hyde Gerald." Chase answered after a small pause with her arms folded.

"That joke? He has many cases on him. You have to be more specific." Goodie turned away as Memphis turned to Chase who looked at his retreating back.

"Case #ED281." Chase finally spoke as Goodie stopped on his heel.

Goodie turned around as he looked at both girls and a blink of horror entered his eyes, before it disappeared. Memphis looked at Goodie as he stared directly at Chase, neither breaking contact.

*

Someone entered the chamber with a file in their hands, pale faced, once they'd spotted Chase they had mixed emotions, frightened, confused and curiosity. Chase just glanced at them as they placed the file in front of Goodie and disappeared instantly.

Goodie collected the file with shaky hands as Chase and Memphis seemed to notice this as well. Goodie handed it to Chase as she took the file slowly and opened it up.

Her eyes were scanning the file as her eyes widened slightly. Her face drained all the colour it had, she felt sick and worried, for the first time in a long time.

She dropped the file to the floor as it was in slow motion, the thud it made as it fell to the floor echoed around the room. Goodie noticed Chase's distraught look as Memphis picked up the file and starting reading slowly.

Tears formed in her eyes as Memphis gulped away the hard, dry lump forming in her throat. The bile in the back of her throat didn't calm anything down.

Everything was silent as all this new information was being processed. Chase never felt angrier than she had in her entire life. Memphis was silently containing her tears.

Chase grabbed the file and started looking through the pictures as her breathing became stronger, the pictures of this case killed her on the inside as she never knew a file could be this cruel.

"This is one of the most ruthless cases in the world." Goodie broke the silence as Chase looked up, Goodie saw those glistening eyes of hers. Something dawned on him as he saw the familiarity in those eyes, but they vanished as soon as Chase looked at the file again.

"That's why Destroy wants Hyde with him, so he could do this misdeed again on the special ones." Chase breathed out shakily.

"That son of a gun better have a good reason to be coming to Premises 101 constantly." Memphis muttered angrily.

Chase looked through the remaining pages as she handed the file to Memphis and walked out of the room. She couldn't get those disgusting images out of her head as she brushed past familiar people.

A few looked baffled upon seeing her here as she ended up in the familiar grounds of the superhero palace. Nostalgia taking over her; her heart started beating quickly as painful memories flashed in her head.

She ran not being able to take any of this as she ended up on the rooftop, her rooftop.

This was the place she used to stay whenever she had a great day or wanted to clear her head. Chase felt a wave of memories flash into her head as she ignored them instead Hyde's case came back into her head.

"Hey, Storm." Storm turned around to hear Uriah speak as he gave him a small smile.

"I saw Dianna-." Storm looked up at Uriah in curiosity. "-here. She looked pale and sick."

"Where'd she go?" Storm asked slowly.

"I think she ran out." Uriah thought.

"Or she's at the rooftop." Sam said to himself. "Uh, thanks, Uriah." Storm nodded as he walked off.

Storm made his way up the steps of the rooftop and found the door opened to see Chase standing there, he walked over to her slowly hearing shaking breaths.

He stood beside her as Chase looked up at Storm, her eyes looked bloodshot and filled with worry as Storm seemed to realise this. He engulfed her in his arms, as Chase's tears started falling uncontrollably.

Storm was confused and curious as his brows furrowed, he held Dianna in his arms trying to comfort her, all you could hear was her sniffles and silent tears falling down her face.

Chase broke off the embrace and looked at Sam as he saw those beautiful eyes filled with horror, not their usual calm, mystery and playful eyes he'd learnt to know. They were replaced by horror, fright and disgust.

"That case..." she breathed out as Storm seemed to realise what she was taking about.

"Why didn't you tell me about it." Chase looked at Storm as her tears had disappeared instantly.

"I had no choice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 47.8K 43
You know them boys that ride the best cars, the hottest guys walking on earth, the players, the popular ones, the ones that are called 'bad boys'. We...
45.4K 1.7K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
3.1K 998 31
[ A COMPLETED 2020 TEEN MYSTERY ] Life can take a turn for the worst when you least expect it, spiralling deeply out of control in mere days. It's h...
548K 23.7K 50
|| HIGHEST RANKS: #13 in HUMOR #79 in TEEN FICTION || If you are going to be BAD, then you have to do it the BAD way... It's pretty simple: 1) Don'...