KILLER QUEEN ↝ Lucifer Mornin...

By mcrningstar

❝THE QUEEN IS BACK.❞ In which the Shedevil comes on Earth to wreak a little havoc. [LUCI... More

❝INTRODUCTION❞
❝PLAYLIST❞
❝TRAILERS❞
❝EPIGRAPH❞
00 ➺ A WOMAN SCORNED
01 ➺ ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE
02 ➺ (SHE)DEVIL IN DISGUISE
03 ➺ SINNERWOMAN
04 ➺ SPEAK OF THE (SHE)DEVIL
05 ➺ ABANDON HOPE
06 ➺ UGLY AS SIN
07 ➺ HIGHWAY TO HELL
08 ➺ HEAVEN KNOWS
09 ➺ SYMPATHY FOR THE (SHE)DEVIL
10 ➺ (SHE)DEVIL-MAY-CARE
11 ➺ HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE
12 ➺ A COLD DAY IN HELL
13 ➺ THE (SHE)DEVIL'S WORKSHOP
14 ➺ MAKE THE ANGELS WEEP
15 ➺ MATCH MADE IN HELL
16 ➺ NOT SO BLACK AS SHE'S PAINTED
17 ➺ BETTER THE (SHE)DEVIL YOU KNOW
18 ➺ WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD
19 ➺ HELL OR HIGH WATER
21 ➺ HELL ON EARTH
22 ➺ THE DEVIL LOOKS AFTER HIS OWN
23 ➺ (SHE)DEVIL'S CHILDREN
24 ➺ (SHE)DEVIL'S DUE
25 ➺ ...IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS
26 ➺ FOR THE LOVE OF...
27 ➺ CROSSES ARE LADDERS
28 ➺ A HEAVY CROSS
29 ➺ KEYS TO THE KINGDOM
30 ➺ HEAVEN HELP US!
31 ➺ THE (SHE)DEVIL DRIVES
32 ➺ HELL HATH NO FURY
33 ➺ GIVE 'EM HELL!
34 ➺ A BLAZE OF GLORY

20 ➺ DEAL WITH THE (SHE)DEVIL

6.6K 262 8
By mcrningstar

YOU'VE GOT HELL TO PAY, BUT
YOU ALREADY SOLD YOUR SOUL.

      THINGS WERE BETTER for Genevieve and Lucifer, as both individuals and a team of sorts — a couple, which was a word Ginny had played with in her mind. However, the Shedevil was not a simple woman, nor easy to handle, even if people often assumed that pleasing her could be a piece of cake if her wishes just were followed. And especially now, that she was allowing Lucifer and Dr. Martin to help her get more in touch with her feelings and discover the side that she had never let out of the darkness, she was even more complicated. Even when things seemed so simple, she was struggling, and even if happiness was handed to her and she held it right at her palm, she still tossed it away or squeezed too hard.

Which was why she and Lucifer weren't exactly the kind of lovey-dovey couple you could see in movies. Their relationship wasn't all roses and honey, but they had made progress, as the utter hatred and constant fighting had changed into love confessions and establishing some kind of trust between one another. Genevieve no longer tried to stab him in the back — or the front — whenever the opportunity arrived, and Lucifer was more shamelessly flirting with his wife and loyally protecting her, despite their shared knowledge of how capable she was of doing so herself. Still, it was obvious that something had changed between them, and surprisingly, for the better.

This was evident to Amenadiel, who was too disgusted to stick around any longer due to the two sipping wine on Lucifer's couch and constantly eyeing each other in a manner that was too much for the angel to handle.

"Right — your place or mine?", Lucifer joked when the tension in the air seemed to near a breaking point, but instead of earning a grin or a kiss from Genevieve, his words merely made her sigh as she turned away. She still didn't have a proper place to live in, not after Dan had kicked her out — even worse, replaced her with Charlotte. And it seemed Lucifer managed to realize this despite Ginny's unusual lack of words. "Wait, you don't even have a house to live in, do you?", his smile faded away whilst his eyebrows knitted together and his eyes radiated sympathy.

Chuckling, Genevieve shrugged. "Haven't found one yet, no", she admitted, but as the good husband he turned out to be, Lucifer was quickly offering to change that.

"Well, obviously you can stay here with me", he offered, "call it a favor", the familiar grin creeping back to his lips as he gently nudged his wife. The only thing was, Genevieve wholeheartedly disagreed with his sweet plan — it wasn't that she didn't want to share the penthouse with him, she just hated the thought of a favor. It made her feel like she needed pity, and she most definitely did not.

"We both know I'm not a fan of favors. Makes me feel small and weak, which I refuse to be", Genevieve lifted an eyebrow sassily as she pulled away from Lucifer, causing the man to exhale sadly at the loss of her body against his. But even if they were no longer inhaling each other, they were still seated next to one another and Genevieve was close enough for Lucifer to admire her shamelessly — it felt good to do so without having to hide the love in his eyes.

Genevieve didn't make loving her easy, but it was moments like these and the ones back at the hospital that made the struggle worth it.

"Let's make a deal then, shall we? I'm aware that all... this", Lucifer started, waving his finger between himself and the queen, referring to the relationship and the tension in the air, "isn't that easy for you. But if you, at the very least, pretend to be head over heels in love with me and show off how happy our marriage is, you can stay here with me. And get all the perks of being my wife, of course." The man broke into a grin eventually, and nodding at the deal, Genevieve thought about it. Well, he was right — she wasn't very good at emotions or loving people, but she was rather talented when it came to lying and faking. However, she did care about Lucifer, so it didn't sound impossible.

"And why exactly do you wish for me to do this?", Ginny then wondered, although she had a pretty good idea formed in her mind. It could have been something for his work at the LAPD, but Genevieve had a hunch it had something to do with the recently poisoned Detective Decker. There weren't that many people Lucifer cared about, but it seemed Chloe was one of them, and after she had barely dodged death, something had changed in Lucifer — he was almost scared for his partner, which explained the avoiding he was trying to deny every time it was brought up.

"I simply want to protect the detective. She believes the whole Devil thing isn't true, so she also has no idea what kind of danger it could put her in. Therefore, if I'm married, at least our relationship will remain professional. And, you can talk to my Mum and insist you're a changed woman. Hopefully, she'll reveal something worthy of my knowledge", Lucifer elaborated, causing Genevieve to lift an eyebrow. Frankly, she strongly disliked the thought of Lucifer and Chloe's relationship being anything but professional, so she was ready to make sure it stayed that way. "Then there's the fact that I also happen to truly care about you, Gen", Lucifer added with a mumble, and Genevieve wasn't sure if she was referring to the whole marriage part or giving her a home, but she forgot to care as the man leaned closer and cupped her cheek softly.

Carefully, Lucifer then leaned in for a kiss, and Ginny inhaled deeply — perhaps Linda was right. Perhaps home wasn't a place, but a person. Because as she sat there, inhaling Lucifer's scent, feeling his warm body against hers and hearing his sweet whispers, it felt like something else. Safe, warm, soft and comfortable. Like home.

However, before Lucifer could kiss Genevieve, the queen pulled away and spoke up again, leaving the man hanging with his lips untouched. "Very well, but I need something else too. Something far more important", she returned to the matter of their deal, earning a sigh from Lucifer who leaned back and accepted the reality — she wasn't going to give him the kiss he had went for.

"Something more important than a roof over your head?", he pointed out, but instead of returning the sass, Genevieve simply nodded.

"Someone has my dagger", the Shedevil responded with a serious look on her face, and with equal solemnity, Lucifer faced his wife as shades of fear painted over his features. Continuing, Genevieve sighed, "Someone has the ability to kill me, Luci."

And well, what kind of a husband would he be if he didn't promise to help his wife avoid grim death?

—————

    GENEVIEVE WAS STARING down at the massive diamond ring on her finger in disbelief — she had never had one, but she was already having mixed feelings about it. She loved knowing that she was the only woman for Lucifer from now on, and she loved having him wrapped around her finger — it felt like she was officially his wife now that there was a ring to prove so. However, Genevieve had never been one to enjoy being tied down, or owned, and she kind of felt like that now.

Nevertheless, she had made a deal with the Devil — quite literally — so instead of letting the human emotions in her demon heart come in the way, the queen confidently walked over to Lucifer and linked arms with him after giving his behind a playful smack. The man had finally gotten the strength to go back to the LAPD and stop avoiding Chloe, and of course, Genevieve had come along, which left Detectives Decker and Espinoza staring at the two in disbelief. Clearly, neither had expected to see the two so cozy with one another, after everything Genevieve had done to prove her hatred towards Lucifer. But there they stood, like couple of the year, hand in hand with the big ring catching everyone's eyes.

Genevieve had to admit, despite the changes within her lately, she felt good when she saw the look on Chloe's face — evidently, she was just another woman who had fallen for the Devil's irresistible charms, only to find out his marriage had risen from the ashes. And that brought some kind of joy and satisfaction for the devilish woman.

"You're— you're together?", Dan was the one to break the thick, awkward silence between the four, shock widening his eyes as he looked over to Genevieve, who offered a shrug and a sheepish smile in return.

"What can I say? I missed my Valonkantaja", Genevieve radiated like a sunshine as she pulled Lucifer into a squeezing hug, one that forced laughter out of him as he nodded in agreement. "Don't give me that look, Daniel. You had your chance, and you turned your back on me", she then added, giving a smug smile towards Dan, whose eyes widened at the unexpected mention of their relationship. Frankly, Genevieve was still bitter about his choices and how he replaced the Queen of Hell with someone far less fabulous, but now that she had Lucifer and a home with him, she was trying to suck it up.

"Wow, um, good for you, Lucifer. I'm happy you found each other again", Chloe offered a smile, one that was too genuine for Genevieve to enjoy it, but she returned it, nonetheless. Perhaps with a little more sarcasm, though.

"Right, well, you better go to work. I have... things to do", Genevieve cleared her throat, and nodded meaningfully at Lucifer, who returned the mysterious gesture — they both knew Ginny was going to find Charlotte and talk to her, whether the woman wanted it or not. It had been a while since the queen was up to some good old mischief, so she was rather happy to feed lies to Mom and pretend like a loving daughter-in-law, merely to get information from her. It sounded like any other day for Genevieve, one of her favorite pastimes, the lying and tricking and playing games, which was why she left with a smile.

However, before she left, Genevieve placed her hand on the back of Lucifer's head and pulled her slightly taller husband down so she could crash their lips together in an intense kiss — one that made Chloe and Dan evidently uncomfortable. For Genevieve and Lucifer, it was like no one else was there, just the two of them with their eyes closed and their bodies close together as their lips tasted one another hungrily. After a long, borderline inappropriate moment in the middle of the precinct, Genevieve let go of her husband and started to walk away, but not before she had directed Dan and Chloe a teasing wink.

Perhaps she could get used to this.

—————

TROUBLE WAS CALLING Genevieve's name, and instead of fighting the temptation, the queen was answering to the screams inside her head by doing what they told her — she needed to find the Divine Goddess. Her job was to make Mom think she was on her side now, that she was trying to redeem herself, becoming a better person for Lucifer. Perhaps that wasn't so far from the truth, as Genevieve was trying to find parts within her, parts she had hidden long ago and kept locked away so long she had forgotten all about them, as if they never existed. However, she did still hate Mom, but it simply made her more enthusiastic to mess with the goddess' head and deceit her.

With logic, Genevieve found her mother-in-law in the law firm Charlotte Richards worked at — or at least had worked at until her body was possessed by the Goddess of all creation. The woman was seated behind her desk, a binder opened in front of her as she went through some cases, but as soon as the sound of high heels clicking against the floor of her office caught her attention, Mom looked up with a stern look in her eyes. And once it landed on Genevieve, the stare only hardened, and her hand quickly shut the binder rather loudly and her chair made a screech as she stood up angrily.

"What are you doing here?", Charlotte demanded to know, unwilling to tolerate Genevieve's presence in her office, which almost made the queen smile — her hatred was only proof that Ginny was worth it, powerful enough to cause such negativity. She was better. Still, she was supposed to seem like a changing woman, so instead of laughing and offering a sassy remark as a reply, Genevieve forced a soft, apologetic look on her face.

Frankly, it was remarkable how well she was doing. It seemed that years of deceit and treachery had taught Genevieve a few things, for example, how to seem sympathetic and gentle, when in reality, she was pure fire and violence within.

"I'm here... to apologize", Ginny spoke up, the final word coming out as a disgusted, low whisper, but the smile she put on her lips made up for that. However, Mom was unimpressed.

"If this is about Detective Espinoza—", the goddess began, but she didn't get to finish when Genevieve had interrupted, insisting that she didn't care about Daniel that much. Although lately, she had come to the realization that she did occasionally worry for the human, and having to spend her nights somewhere other than his couch sometimes stung. But that wasn't why she was there. Then again, neither was the reason she offered.

"What? No! I'm—I'm trying to be a better person. Make up for past mistakes. And since I've definitely hurt you and done things I'm not too proud of... I've come to apologize. I'm sorry", Genevieve sighed, but inside, she was laughing. Not proud of? Please. If anything, the things she had done to hurt Mom were at the top of her proudest moments. But, she was trying her best to sell the act, and she thought it was going well — until the smile on Charlotte's face faded away and became replaced with a cold expression.

Shaking her head, Mom let out a low laugh as she lowered into her chair again. "Frankly, I don't care. I don't trust you, Genevieve, and anyone who does, is wrong to do so. Whatever this is, I'm not buying it. So please, leave my office and find someone else to feed your lies to", she refused to accept Genevieve's apology, which instantly angered the queen. Well, she wasn't exactly wrong, but it was the Shedevil's job to make her think so — she had made a deal with Lucifer, and even though Genevieve was always doing whatever she wanted to, she wasn't going to break this one.

She needed her part of the deal too much to risk it.

"Uh-huh. And how come you deserve redemption, but I don't? You failed your own son, you broke his heart and you still continue to do so. You deserved your place in Hell, yet here you are, trying to be a good Mother and fighting for your happy ending. You are in no position to deny me from the same thing. I've come to apologize, because Lucifer asked me to, but if you are really that cold and heartless that you'll still keep your son away from his happiness, so be it", Genevieve growled, clearly upset that Charlotte would respond so negatively. It was obvious in her voice that she cared about Lucifer, and that she was still angry at his parents for what they had done to him, which managed to shut Mom up.

With her high heels clicking against the floor again, Genevieve turned and started to strut away confidently. However, before she left the lawyer's office, she turned around once more and shot Charlotte a bitchy smirk. "Oh, and by the way, I don't need Dan. I have Lucifer now", she spat sassily, and flipped her ring finger up to show the goddess the shiny diamond on it.

And needless to say, this was a fight that Genevieve won with flying colors.

»»»

slay queen 💅🏻

also, thank you so much for 5k! words aren't enough to describe how grateful and happy i am (': x

+ happy birthday to the queen herself, lana parrilla!! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 348 12
(This is mostly Deckerstar, so they won't be much Maze and Eve stuff. ) Lucifer eventually returns to earth to be with Chloe, Dromos follows him the...
63.9K 1.9K 40
Season 5 one-shots like I promised. It's mostly cute fluff (excuse the chapter labeled "Anything You Pour I'll Drink) so I hope you enjoy. I don't ow...
8K 249 22
Lucifer's world came crashing down when The Detective saw his face. What if she never left LA for a vacation, instead fired Lucifer and despised him...
447 42 21
Sequel to A Gift from God. Lucifer returns from Hell, ready to start a family with Chloe. Once the twins are born however, new problems arise. The co...