Remembering the Forgotten [2]...

Turtlii

After the event at Canary Wharf as well as losing Rose, the Doctor has finally figured out who the mysterious... Еще

Remembering the Forgotten
Prologue
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride - Two
The Runaway Bride - Three
Smith, Stone and Jones
Smith, Stone and Jones - Two
Smith, Stone and Jones - Three
The Shakespeare Code
The Shakespeare Code - Two
The Shakespeare Code - Three
Gridlocked
Gridlocked - Two
Daleks in Manhatten
Daleks in Manhattan - Two
Evolution of the Daleks
Evolution of the Daleks - Two
The Lazarus Experiment
The Lazarus Experiment - Two
42
42 - Two
Human Nature
Human Nature - Two
The Family of Blood
Family of Blood - Two
Blink
Blink - Two
Utopia
Utopia - Two
The Sound of Drums
The Sound of Drums - Two
Last of the Time Lords
Last of the Time Lords - Two
Time Crash

The Lazarus Experiment - Three

2.9K 148 127
Turtlii

Just because I feel like being extra nice.

-------

Martha watched the Doctor and Stone ran off, she then went to follow the Time Lords, her mother grabbed her arm in protest shaking her head at her daughter. "Leave them." Martha sadly shook her head at her mother, ripped her hand away again and ran off.

They ran to the ambulance and sighed seeing the back of the ambulance was open with all of the people inside with no skin and only dark bones. "Lazarus, back from the dead. Should have known, really." He muttered tightening his grip on the Time Lady's hand as she did the same to him.

The Doctor then gently let go taking out of sonic screwdriver and began to scan around him and the brunette. Martha and Tish then ran up beside them.
"Where's he gone?" Martha asked. The Doctor then stopped in front of the Cathedral.

"That way." He said.

"The church." Rita breathed.

"Cathedral." Tish corrected her. "It's Southwark Cathedral. He told me."

The Doctor walked first Rita right behind him with Martha and Tish behind her. They cautiously walked in the Doctor still scanning the area.

"Do you think he's in here?" Martha quietly asked the Doctor.

"Where would you go if you were looking for sanctuary?" He questioned. She didn't reply but continued to walk then noticed the shivering Lazarus wrapped in a red blanket behind the altar.

"I came here before, a lifetime ago. I thought I was going to die then. In fact, I was sure of it. I sat here, just a child, the sound of planes and bombs outside." He said hearing them walk up. Rita stood by Martha and Tish as the Doctor stepped forward his face blank staring down at Lazarus.

"The Blitz." The Doctor said.

"You've read about it." Lazarus looked up at him.

"He was there." Rita said causing Lazarus to look at her.

"He's too young."

"So are you." The Doctor replied coldly. Lazarus then started to laugh which then turned to cries of pain as his body began to painfully crack.

He breathed deeply after the moment of pain sweat now on his forehead. "In the morning, the fires had died, and I was still alive. I swore I'd never face death like that again. So defenceless. I would arm myself, fight back, defeat it."

"That's what you were trying to do today?" The Doctor coldly asked.

"That's what I did today." He corrected him.

"And what about all of the people who died, the people you killed, the lives you ruined? What about them?" Rita gritted her teeth going to lunge at him. Martha and Tish grabbed hold of her arms keeping the furious Time Lady back.

"They were nothing. I changed the course of history."

"Any of them might have done too." The Doctor hissed. You think history's only made with equations? Facing death is part of being human. You can't change that."

"No, Doctor. Avoiding death, that's being human. It's our strongest impulse, to cling to life with every fibre of being. I'm only doing what everyone before me has tried to do. I've simply been more successful." He smirked then cried out in pain again his body jolting as his bones cracked, his body changing. Into the monster.

"Look at yourself!" The Doctor shouted. "You're mutating! You've no control over it. You call that a success?"

Lazarus looked at him now shaking more than before. "I call it progress. I'm more now that I was. More than just an ordinary human."

"That's the thing Lazarus, I know fully well that there is no ordinary human." Rita hissed at him. Lazarus then screamed out in pain his body cracking even more loudly.

Martha whispered to the Doctor quietly. "He's going to change again any minute."

"I know. If I can get him up into the bell tower somehow, I've an idea that might work." The Doctor replied. Rita looked at him and the Doctor shook his head slowly his face extremely serious showing a hint of doubt.

"Up there?" Martha asked.

"You're so sentimental, Doctor, Stone. Maybe the two of you are older than you look." He hissed at them.

"I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle, tired of losing everyone that matters to you." His eyes drifted over meeting hers. Rita gave a sad smile thinking that he was talking about home but he wasn't. He was talking about almost losing her. "Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone."

"That's a price worth paying." He hissed at the Doctor.

"Is it?"

"I will feed soon." Lazarus turned to the Doctor who slowly crouched down beside the man who was deeply breathing.

"I'm not going to let that happen." He calmly replied. His eyes growing soft.

"You've not been able to stop me so far." He hissed moving closer to the Doctor.

"Lazarus!" He whipped his head in the brunette's direction. "Your precious machine that made you what you are. Want to know who messed with it and possibly broke it?" She asked. He then growled at her.

"No!" The Doctor shouted.

"It was me," Rita replied sprinting towards the tower not daring to turn around. "Theta your plan! Do it!" She screamed at him. Martha and Tish then ran up beside her and she groaned. "What are you two doing!"

"Helping you!" Martha shouted climbing the tower with her running around the spiral staircase as fast as they could. Hearing a scream the two humans stopped looking back.

"Did you hear that?" Tish asked.

"He's changed again." Martha cried.

"Come on! We have to keep going up, he has a plan and we have to follow it!" Rita shouted running up the staircase dragging Martha and Tish with her.

"Stone! Martha!" The Doctor shouted. Rita then looked through the passageway.

"Up here!" She shouted.

"Take him to the top!" He shouted up at her. "The very top of the bell tower, do you hear me?"

"Yes!" She shouted back. "The very top. Do what you have to do!" She shouted back to him and watched him run off. She then felt Martha pull her away and saw the mutant Lazarus heading right for her.

"Well then, andiamo!" She screamed pulling the two with her. They continued to climb heading as high as possible, they ran out to where the giant bell was running around on the wooden frame.

"There's nowhere to go. We're trapped!" Tish cried.

"We're not trapped!" Rita told them making sure they stood behind her.

"All right, so then we're not trapped. We're bait." Tish shouted.

"That's the one, the Doctor knows exactly what he is doing, I trust him with my life without having to think about it, I know he will do this, you have to trust me and him." She told them as calmly as possible keeping her eye on the door.

"Ladies." Lazarus hissed stepping out of the door.
"Stay behind me. If he takes me, make a run for it. Head down the stairs. You should have enough time." Martha told Tish.

"But m-" She went to protest.

"Just do it, Tish!"

"He's going to have to get through me first to get anywhere near you Martha!" Rita shouted ducking as Lazarus attempted to clamber across the gap under the huge bell instead of going around on the wooden frame.

Lazarus jumped on the bell and started to throw it's tail at the three Rita pushed Martha and Tish out of the way as Lazarus' tail collided with her knocking her down. Grabbing on to the bottom of the wooden walkway she screamed and clung on. "Come get me Lazarus! Leave them alone!" She shouted.

"Stone! Hold on!" Martha cried out.

"What does it look like I am doing right now!" She snapped at her from the fear. The sound then began to reverberate hurting the monster as well as Martha, Tish and Rita. The two humans held on to their heads in pain as Rita cried out her grip on the wood loosening. The mutant fell off of the bell to the ground as the painful sound stopped playing. Rita cried out again one of her hands slipping.

"Stone!" Martha cried as her and Tish dived for Rita both grabbing her arm and pulling her up. They pulled her away from the edge.

"I... hate... hights..." Rita panted causing both girls to laugh.

"Stone? Martha?" The Doctor shouted up.

"She's fine!" Martha shouted. "We're all okay!" The Doctor sighed out in relief knowing that they were both okay, mainly happy that she was okay.

"Thank you" Rita breathed out sitting on the floor catching her breath.

"It's your Doctor you should be thanking." Tish laughed.

"He's not mine" She breathed out shaking her head.

"He cut it a bit fine there, didn't he?" Tish asked.

"He always does. It's more fun that way." Martha laughed.

"Even after knowing him for centuries it never changes." Rita laughed.

"Who is he?" Trish muttered. "Who are you two?" Tish looked at Rita.

"Like I said before, He's the Doctor and I'm the Stone."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor turned around hearing footsteps behind him. Seeing her their he ran up to her burying his face into her neck as she did the same to him.
"Rita." He sighed keeping his head in her the crook of her neck.

"Theta, I know, I'm sorry I scared you."

"You terrified me. I, I thought he killed you."

"But I'm here sweetheart" She moved her face and looked at him cupping his cheek in her hands. "I'm not finished annoying you yet."

"Rita." He breathed placing a finger under her chin forcing her to look up at him, staring into her eyes he could see the still look of terror swallowing he placed a hand on the back of her neck, snaking the other around her waist pulling her closer as he brought her lips up to his kissing her softly. Her eyes fluttered closed and she began to kiss him back not thinking of what she was doing. "I love you." He softly whispered into her mind as he continued to kiss her.

She suddenly froze, eyes slightly wide in shock realising what was happening and what he just told her. She slowly backed up away from him terror coursing through her body. Rita turned and ran.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Something else that just kind of escalated, then." The Doctor smiled leaning against the TARDIS supposedly saying his final goodbye to Martha. His mind was elsewhere however, Rita was in her room of the TARDIS refusing to leave.

"I can see a pattern developing. You should take more care in the future. And the past. And whatever other time period you find yourself in." She laughed.

"It's good fun, though, isn't it?" He asked.

She nodded in response. "Yeah."

"So, what do you say, one more trip?" He asked.

"No." She shook her head, he looked confused and hurt. "Sorry."

"What do you mean? I thought you liked it." he asked.

"I do, but I can't go on like this. One more trip. It's not fair... You and the Stone also look like you need to sort some things out." The Doctor's eyes widend and a blush crept on his face remembering that her and Tish both witnessed the event from earlier on.

"It's clear what she wants." He mumbled. "She doesn't and that's okay."

"Doctor I saw her kiss you back, something happened between that and her running away."

He sighed. "Time Lords can tellipathically talk to one another." He explained. "And I told her, that I loved her."

"Oh" Martha's brows raised. "Give her time Doctor, she's obviously scared and confused."

"Yeah, I see it in her eyes." He muttered. "But that still doesn't completely explain what you said, what're you talking about? 'Can't do this anymore'."

"I don't want to be just a passenger anymore." She explained. "Someone you take along for a treat. If that's how you still see me, I'd rather stay here." She crossed her arms.

"Okay, then. If that's what you want." He nodded looking at the TARDIS then back at her.

"Right." She coldly muttered. "But we've already said goodbye once today. It's probably best if you just go." She turned around to leave but just stood there. Frowning from not hearing the TARDIS wheezing. "What is it?"

"What?" He looked at her. "I said okay."

"Sorry?" She frowned not understanding what he meant.

"Okay." He nodded towards the TARDIS and started grinning.

"Oh, thank you, thank you!" She ran up hugging him.

"Well, you were never really just a passenger, were you?" He laughed. "The Stone also may have already convinced me before we even got here.

Martha walked in to the TARDIS beaming. She noticed Rita sitting in the jump seat cross legged no longer in her room.

"Stone! I get to stay!" She beamed running over. Rita laughed and pulled her friend into a hug.

"Well of course you do! I wouldn't have let him leave you here!" She laughed as Martha ran up to her and tightly hugged her. "I finally have someone other than him to talk to."

"Oi!" He said in an offended tone causing both girls to laugh.

"Just ignore him, he's rude and not ginger." She chuckled jumping up. "Well now that I know he won't chuck you out I'm going to sleep, haven't done that in a few days." She shrugged.

"Rita" the Doctor swallowed causing the brunette to freeze. "I'm sorry." She felt her hearts practically break. He sounded so hurt, so alone and so broken. She wanted to turn around and run to him, to tell him to not apologise and to not act like he's to blame. How she so wanted to tell him how she really felt behind all of the lies and times she convinced herself that she didn't, because she homestly did. She had to tell herself that before she could tell him. But she couldn't at that moment. At least not yet. Quietly sighing the Time Lady slowly walked down the hall feeling the burning of his soft brow eyes in the back of her skull.

------

Ooo... Rita is very confused and seems quite scared at the moment... I wonder what will happen to her ;^)
On another note the Doctor said it aaa I feel like I dragged there friendship out enough. Of course they will always be friends its them two I am talking about the Doctor and Rita ;^) I was tempted for anything more than a friendship to start at the end of series four but I think I made a good choice with this.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

85K 3.4K 29
River and the Doctor are finally at a point in their time stream where they are both married. Unfortunately for the Doctor, his father-in-law can be...
70.4K 1.8K 33
Rassilon was sent back to hell, the Master followed not too far after. The Doctor and the Stone had a hell of their own; regeneration. The Doctor gav...
13.6K 420 12
DOCTOR WHO | 9 & 10 -"Weirdo!" ------> She was found alone and in pain, scorch marks and burnt wings. He was searching around space and time for any...
12.6K 270 22
When the Doctor smashes through a train's roof in Sheffield, an old friend just happens to be there. Problem is, the Doctor doesn't remember her. Wha...