Last of the Time Lords - Two

The Master walked in laughing with Rita pushed behind him with two guards. "Put her over with Gandalf." The guards pushed her over towards the bird cage where the tiny being which was the Doctor sat. "Doctor." She swallowed deeply seeing him in person for the first time in a year.

"Oh my dear." He whispered into her mind his hands grasping the bars to try and be as close as possible to her. "I have missed you so much."

"And you sweetheart." She smiled sadly. "I took her. Just as we planned. I took Martha around the world."

"I knew you would." He smiled at her. "I love you."

"I love you too, Theta." She blinked back the tears in her eyes wishing she could hug him so she knew he was really there with her and that it wasn't a dream. The dream she had been having ever since leaving with Martha a year ago.

They looked at the Master who grinned seeing the tears in his cousin's eyes. Walking over to the microphone he spoke into it happily. "Citizens of Earth, rejoice and observe." The door then opened and Martha slowly walked in followed by two guards similar to the ones which brought Rita in. Martha slowly walked past her family then saw the Doctor with Rita next to his cage.

The Master gestured for her to walk closer then coldly spoke holding out his hand. "Your teleport device, in case you thought I'd forgotten." Martha reached into her pocket and threw the vortex manipulator to the Master. "And now, kneel." He ordered. "Down below, the fleet is ready to launch. Two hundred thousand ships set to burn across the universe. Are we ready?!" He shouted.

"The fleet awaits your signal. Rejoice!" A man shouted.

The Master looked around at the clock. "Three minutes to align the black hole converters. Counting down." A clock then began to tick. "I never could resist a ticking clock. My children, are you ready?!" He shouted.

"We will fly and blaze and slice." They said all at the same time allowing those on the Valiant to hear. "We will fly and blaze and slice."

"At zero, to mark this day, the child Martha Jones, will die. My first blood." He laughed. "Any last words?" He paused looking at Martha who didn't reply. "No? Such a disappointment, this one." He looked at the Doctor. "Days of old, Doctor, you had companions who could absorb the time vortex. This one's useless. Just like my cousins were." He glanced at the Stone then turned back to Martha. "Bow your head." He pointed his laser at Martha. "And so it falls to me, as Master of all, to establish from this day, a new order of Time Lords. From this day forward-" he stopped noticing Martha quietly laughing. "What. What's so funny?"

"A gun." She chuckled.

"What about it?"

"A gun in four parts?"

"Yes, and I destroyed it." He said in annoyance.

"A gun in four parts scattered across the world? I mean, come on, did you really believe that?"

"What do you mean?" The Master asked confused.

The Doctor grabbed onto the bars of the cage yet again squeezing tighter. "As if we would ask her to kill."

"Oh well, it doesn't matter. I've got her exactly where I want her."

"But oh my sweet, dearest cousin." Rita mockingly grinned at him. "You honestly think I would do that, let her kill do really know me at all? After everything that I have seen and done do you think I would take her around the world to end up seeing her kill?" She asked before continuing. "I'm smart and you of all people should know that. Smart enough to know what Professor Docherty would do. The Resistance knew about her son."