DON AMORE (Mafia Romance) 18+

By sultryslxt

Trailer for this book is AVAILABLE NOW! If you're interested in hot, sexy, sensual, fiery and action-filled c... More

DON AMORE
Cast/Character profile & Trailer
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Author's note
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter sixty three
Chapter sixty four
Chapter sixty five
Chapter sixty six
Chapter sixty seven
Chapter sixty eight
Chapter sixty nine
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER #1
BONUS CHAPTER #2
BONUS CHAPTER #3 - FATALÈ
ALDILÀ AMORE / SHORT STORY
Q&A

Chapter thirty nine

78.1K 2.1K 1K
By sultryslxt

Cover made by @nagapriya
Thank you so much love! Xxxx

***

Dante's POV

"Buon compleanno mio caro!"

The fact that it was Adriana's idea to have this party take place on my birthday was so touching for some reason, I never thought she would've remembered. The dress that I brought her was made her look like an absolute angel. The moment I saw her, something spread across my chest. Something I really couldn't decipher.

Right now, mom was greeting me while I was gazing at Adriana like she was the only person present here.

Mom grabbed my face forcing me to tear my gaze away from Adriana, she reached closer to me and kissed my face, anywhere she could just like she did when I was a child.

"My baby boy is growing way too old and too fast." She moaned,

"Mom!" I muttered frustratedly as I held her arm to stop her, "Enough."

Once mom let go of me, I turned my gaze to everyone who was watching us; mom always knew how to embarrass me, especially in front of the family. I always used to avoid situations like this because after, the boys and the girls would take the piss out of me. I return my gaze back to Adriana not only because I wanted to look at her but it was the fact that she stood out in the crowd.

When I said she is beautiful, she is God damn it.

I watch her face turn red as everyone was laughing at what mom did, I watch her until her eyes fall on mine before she looks away again.

I wanted Adriana to look at me the way I looked at her, I wanted her to watch me the way she used to watch me years ago and so since she no longer does that, I feel as though she feels as if she doesn't belong here.

I reach her and pull her to my side.

"Sei bellissima." I whispered into her ears. She pulled away slightly and watched me before a small grin filled her face,

"You've said so before." She nodded her head and then turned her gaze away from me as she looked on straight ahead. My face dropped in surprise for a second because I didn't really expect her to understand me. The last time I remembered, Adriana did not understand my native tongue and sometimes, I would teach her. When I thought that was the only surprise she would shock me with, I was wrong because then, Adriana said something I never expected her to say. "Sei molto bello."

If I said my face was not priceless, I would be lying. My heart for some reason skipped a beat when Adriana glanced up at me and then laughed at my perplexity.

"How did you...?"

My intention was to grab her arm and wrap my arms around her however, before I could she slipped away from me as she continued to laugh. Although I wanted to grab her, I found myself unable to do that because I was struck with surprise at how Adriana was; never did I ever think she would have this confidence especially with me. She walked away as I watched her beautiful figure move further away from me and I shake my head with a chuckle.

That woman always made my heart skip a beat.

"Happy birthday díckbrain."

My attention was seized by the one person I was expecting to be anywhere else but here, at a family function. I turn around to be faced with Fabio, my brother.

I laughed before Fabio welcomed me with open arms. I wrap my arm around him and smack his back as we both begin to chuckle.

"Thirty years... wow." He sighed, "Hang on fratello, I'm just about to reach thirty too."

I shook my head and laughed at his comment before my eyes scrutinised the hall again automatically; I was definitely looking for Adriana. When my gaze sets on her, relief spread through my chest.

"Thirty years but I still feel like a teenager." I said and Fabio nodded his head before his smile dropped a little as he pulled closer to my ear.

"Stay calm and be lucid, we have a problem." He muttered into my ears before he pulled away and smiled widely at me. Immediately, my blood automatically began to boil as trepidation filled my system. My whole family was here at this function, if something went wrong, not only would I get hurt but my family would.

With a smile, I calmly push my hand down my pocket and watch Fabio with determination. If we had a problem right now, it was most likely that we were being watched so right now, Fabio and I were putting up with a facade but if there was no party at this instance, I would be fùcking fuming.

"What?" I take my glass and bring it to my lips, "What's the problem Fabio?"

"El Guapo is here." He revealed, "Motherfùcker is persistent on leaving, he wants to see you."

The fact that I managed to maintained my flaring anger was extremely unbelievable because calm really was not my forte. The second Fabio revealed this fùcking problem, my gaze returned back to Adriana who stood next to her mom. I suddenly felt the apprehension just mask my whole system as my mind began to think of the worst scenarios ever because I knew exactly why El Guapo was here; he was only here for Adriana.

As I cautiously watch Adriana, I caught Tony running from one entrance to the other to check the perimeter. I nodded my head at Fabio before I walked towards Mia who watched the scene unfold.

"Mia, don't let her out of your sight."

"Capito, don't worry about her."

Once I pull away from Mia, I turn around to join Fabio as we made our way out of the estate. However, whilst I was walking out I glance over my shoulder one last time to witness Adriana's joyful smile, only to feel hopeful that at the end of the day, nothing goes wrong. I want her here. I need her here.

We step outside, away from the guests and family and finally meet with El Guapo who had parked his vehicle right in front of the gates of the estate. The only thing that prevented them from entering the perimeter of the estate was the security. I glance over both my shoulders to see that my men were flooding the area immediately, despite the fact that we had a function inside the estate where over a hundred people were attending. It was a case of luck; if El Guapo decides to be a bítch today, I would be damned.

"Hola Dante." He greeted and surprisingly, I really did remain calm. Something I never thought I would be able to do.

"Ciao El Guapo." I greet back, "I see you have the balls to cross the line huh? Wasn't our last encounter enough for a lesson?"

"Lesson?" He cackled, "I wouldn't claim that as a lesson when I haven't really learnt anything. You are a very bad teacher papi."

"What the fùck are you doing here El Guapo?"

"Is that a way to treat your guest? Or 'business partner' shall I say?" He winked and my brows snapped in a furrow as I glare at him. Upon witnessing my reaction, El Guapo pulled away from me and folded his arms against his chest whilst a smug grin settled on his lips. "I really do wonder what else Constantino has kept from you Jesús."

"What are you talking about?" Fabio growled before he turned to me,

"Let's not waste our time explaining what is happening inside your own household Chico," he watched Fabio as he spoke, "I'm just here for what I have come for, once I claim it I will leave. Peacefully."

"Leave? Why so soon? Why not show us what you would do if you don't get what you want to claim?" Tony encouraged him as he growled under his breath,

"Oh bebé no, don't ask for this again." El Guapo frowned when he reached Tony, "I don't want blood or sweat, all I want is for you to hand over the niña. Sencillo."

The amount of times I had clenched my fists as well as my jaws was impossible to keep track off; I was trying my hardest to keep my cool however, I lost it. I couldn't do it anymore when I was so tempted to grab him by his collar and knock his senses out of him just like how I did last time I saw him. As I had the urge, he spoke which only prevented me from doing so.

"Let's come to a deal, since it's your birthday today, I'll spare you a few weeks..." he says, "to figure out what your father, Constantino is up to. Until then, I shall come back and leave with what I really come for. Deal?"

I clenched my jaws as I glare at his face, the one that was filled with a devilish smile. My fingers were burning to just wrap around his neck and apply pressure on it until he no longer breathed. I knew for a fact that my eyes were bulging out of their sockets because of how hard I was trying my fùcking best to keep my anger in. If I retaliate now, Adriana would leave today which I really couldn't let that happened. I have to find out what is going on and the only person that can help me is Constantino.

It's been an hour since El Guapo left and ever since then, I have been pacing in exasperation as I would occasionally glare at Constantino and wonder what he must've done to really fùck me over. Right now, the function was coming to an end when basically, all our guests finally left. I fold my arms over my chest and watch Constantino stand up from his seat and saunter towards the front door so I quickly get up to follow him so I could talk to him however, I was stopped when my name was called.

"Dante."

I glance over my shoulder to meet Valentina's joyful smile as she approaches me. When she reached me, her hand settles on my arm as a kind gesture.

"Valentina." I sigh with relief before I glance back at the front door; Constantino was gone out of sight.

"I just want to thank you for everything today. Figlio, without you I don't think I would've ever seen my daughter ever again."

The fact that Valentina was a splitting image of Adriana made my stomach turn because honestly, it felt like I was gazing at what Adriana would look like in another decade and a half. The way how Valentina spoke to me and how she addressed me warmed my heart instantly because it only reminded me of how my own mom speaks to me.

Before I could speak, Valentina embraced me how mom embraces me every time. I close my eyes and suddenly feel like I was at home; never did I ever think I would ever feel this again.

"You know Dante, when I saw her today it was the happiest I had ever seen her in nearly a decade." She says as she pulls away,

"It was the party, it kept her mind of things."

"No, no." She chuckled, "It was no party, it was because of you. Son, I am so glad you're back in her life, you have no idea what she has been through her last relationship."

My breath stalled for a moment as I return my gaze back to Valentina who had a huge frown spread across her face. My stomach was very heavy with nausea and my throat was tied by a knot. I wanted to know more but I had no idea if I was ready to hear anything.

"What happened?" I found myself asking, only to catch Valentina watch me with surprise.

"She hasn't told you anything has she?" Her lips pull down as I shook my head, "Adriana was abused through every way possible constantly by the hand of Antonio and her own father. She needed help and the only person that knew about it was me however, I couldn't do anything because of Destefano. I watched my baby girl fall into a dark place as she was slowly deteriorating with each passing day."

The fact that Valentina was expressing this to me through no emotions killed me like a bitch. I had no words at the moment to say to her because I did not expect any of this. I'd rather it come from Adriana because at least then, I could embrace Adriana and tell her how much she means to me. My body was trembling but I had no idea what from; from anger or from shock. I didn't want her to carry on but a part of body encouraged me to listen because I needed to know what happened.

"It was the day of her wedding day we decided that we were going to run.
She thought that she would flee the scene of her wedding without her father knowing but here, I was planning to kill him and I did." She revealed, "But at the end of the day there was really no point in any of this Dante because it was too late."

"What do you mean?"

"By the time Adriana was planning her escape, she had fallen pregnant with Antonio's child."

Since I hadn't anticipated such a stupefying revelation, my eyes widened in horror. The disbelief as well as the many other emotions that rushed through my body ran past my face as I gaze at Valentina, completely struck with this news. Although I wanted to know more, I couldn't vocalise my questions or any words for a matter of fact. 

"What happened?" I finally gulp before I glance at Valentina who frowned at me, "Where is the child?"

"It's gone." She shrugged as she faced me. As I continue to watch her facial expressions, the overwhelming distress that I endured was beginning to become unbearable when Valentina frowned again. "Antonio got rid of it."

The disappointment that hauled her face was the most painful thing to watch, let alone experiencing it. Learning all of this only had given me the urge to see Adriana right away just so I could embrace her for as long as I could... to help her heal. I wanted to know more however, I knew I couldn't because I realised how I wouldn't be able to handle anymore of it. The distraught that I felt right now was slowly killing me; the fact that Adriana did not inform me about this only made my heart sunk even more.

By the time Valentina and I reached the top of the stairs, I somehow felt calm for the moment. Valentina left for the guest room before I head over to Adriana's room as I haven't seen her ever since the function had ended.

I reach her room in a few seconds expecting her to be tucked in bed but when I stood in front of her door, my foot came to an abrupt stop. My heart clenched in my chest when Adriana's soft sobs filled my ears and so instantly, following my natural instincts, I pushed the door open slowly.

Adriana stood in front of the window with her back facing towards me but when I pushed the door open, she glanced over her shoulder. When she did, it felt like we somehow connected by something because right after we made eye contact, I knew exactly what she was feeling right now and it felt like I felt the same emotions as her.

"Dante."

The way her small voice called out made me stop approaching her because it was broken. Usually, I would call out her name to get her attention but today, I couldn't do it. I was still struck with what Valentina had informed me with; it was the only reason why my body trembled for no reason when Adriana stood right in front of me. Just the mere thought of Adriana enduring all the things she did was tormenting to me, I couldn't imagine witnessing any of it.

It would kill me.

"Gattina," I croak, "I'm sorry."

___________

Guys, be honest.
Do you guys really think Antonio is dead?
Dante doesn't...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 152K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
140K 2K 28
When Andrea is sexually unfulfilled with her fiancé she turns to her dominant best friend Lorenzo Marino one of the biggest mafia leaders for help. ...
1.6M 38.3K 39
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "Adriana Valentin" - Her family was the most dangerous family in all of New York. Her father, Alejandro Valentín, being the most vi...
236K 5.6K 69
Valentina and Valencia were living a normal mafia life. Their little family of three ever since their mother died and their brother left but their li...