Out Of Sight, Always In Mind!

By DoctorWhoWrites

Keya Sharma was orphaned at ten, but her life only shattered after the death of her brother. She was brought... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
SAM's Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 : The Party Begins
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 : Part 1
Chapter 20 : Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 : The Facebook Freud
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 : Part 1
Chapter 24 : Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 : ..and they said It! <3
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 : Simran Speaks
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Teaser :: Chapter 36
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 : Part 1
Chapter 42 : Part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 : Part 1
Chapter 45 : Part 2
Chapter 46 :: The Bachelors
Chapter 46 :: Aanya and Raj
Chapter 46 :: Tanya and Krish
Chapter 46 :: Keya and Vivan
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chpt 50 : 100k reads Special!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 :: Raj's Reality
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - Only If..
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 29

1.9K 78 7
By DoctorWhoWrites

Keya woke up to the sound of the alarm. There was a smile on her face when she opened her eyes because her hand was still entwined with Vivan's. She brought it closer to her face and kissed the back of his hand before pressing it to her cheek.

She then slowly got up and took her hand away. Vivan was still deep asleep because of the medications. Keya turned off the alarm and went downstairs.

"Good Morning Marc," she greeted him on seeing him on her way out.

"Morning Keya. Had a sound sleep?," he asked.

"Yeah..," she replied, "Listen, take some help and just move around the couch in room. And also get some more chairs set up in the room for today."

"Yes sure."

"Did Varun wake up?," she inquired.

"Not yet.."

"Okay then. I'll go get ready quickly and go wake him up. Till then stay with Vivan. I won't be long yeah?," she said.

"Don't worry Miss Keya. I've got it. You go take some time for yourself," Marc reassured her before going to Vivan's room.

Keya went to her room and got ready in a matter of twenty minutes. She went to the kitchen and got some fresh apple juice made for Varun before taking it to his room. She saw Varun sleep peacefully and did not feel like waking him up but he would stay jet lagged if she didn't. He might even sleep all day.

Keya kept the tray on a table and opened all the curtains in the room. She opened the doors to the balcony and let the morning breeze in.

"Varuuuuuun! Wake up boy!," she called out.

Varun groaned, "Eh I'm awake! But you are such a spoilt sport!"

Keya was surprised, "What?"

"Yeah! You were going perfect. Opening the curtains and windows.. But I expected some early morning prayer in your sweet voice which would wake me up!"

Keya started laughing there n there, "What on earth are you! Vivan was right. You watch too much of movies! Did you sleep well?!"

Varun smiled, "I couldn't sleep first coz it was my first night in india and I was way too excited about it. But I had a peaceful sleep later.."

"That's nice coz we have got a long day ahead. You'll be meeting many people today," she told him.

"And when is the doc coming?," Varun asked.

"The doctor will be here in an hour or so.. I've got some juice for you. Freshen up and have it. I'll arrange breakfast in Vivan's room till then. See you there yeah?"

"Alright babes!," he replied.

Keya was just leaving when Varun called out, "By the way, Congratulations. My brother is really lucky to have you as a girlfriend. Mom likes you too and I'm sure we are gonna rock it too!"

"Thank you so much. It means a lot to me that you think so. I really care about him," Keya blushed.

"Well that we all can see!," Varun said getting up from the bed.

"See ya downstairs!," she smiled and left.

Vivan had woken up when Keya went to his room. The nurse was there too and she was already on her work that was to give Vivan an injection in the morning.

"Good Morning," she said and went to kiss his forehead.

"Good Morning," he replied, "I don't wanna stay on the bed anymore."

"You won't sweety. The doctor will be coming to check you today. I'm sure you can walk around soon," she assured him.

"I'm hungry," he told her.

"Breakfast will be here in a matter of minutes dear. Mom has sent soup for you," she said sitting across him.

"I want to eat solid food! Drink beer not soup!," Vivan cribbed.

"Vivan! What's got to you? Calm! Stay calm! I know it might be getting irritating but you called this upon yourself. Stop throwing tantrums now! We all are doing everything we can to cheer you up. Aarav has delayed joining his job just for you. Sahil is working double hours in the office to cover up. Your parents, my parents, everyone cares about you. So we expect you to cooperate and listen to the doctor!," Keya spoke authoritatively but calmly.

"You are worse than Mom!," Vivan sighed.

"You are worse than kids!," Keya showed him her tongue.

Marc came in with the breakfast trolley followed by Varun.

"Good Morning bro!," Varun said cheerfully.

"Morning Champ! Come here!," Vivan's mood lightened up.

Marc spoke as he served them breakfast, "Your mother has sent breakfast for you two too. We have Poha here."

"Poha?," Varun asked.

"Well Poha is nothing but rice flakes, soaked in water, then cooked with onions, potatoes, turmeric and some spices. Its like this typical breakfast," Keya explained to him.

"Its yummy. Try it," Vivan said, "I'll have the soup." He made a face.

"Vivan if you throw one more tantrum. You'll have to drink it by yourself. I won't feed it to you!," Keya sternly said.

Vivan kept quiet and drank the soup from Keya.

"Whipped!," Varun teased and Keya smirked.

"Shut up!," Vivan told him.

Keya was eating her breakfast when Vivan spoke, "We have something for you Keya."

"For me? What is it?," she asked.

Varun brought the box and gave it to her, "Mom has sent this for you.."

Keya quickly finished her breakfast and took it. She opened the box and found some beautiful bangles inside. Absolutely stunning.

"Magnificent," she said taking them in her hands.

"They are your mother's," Vivan told her.

"What?," she could not believe it, "This is amazing! I don't know how to thank your mom for this. I feel so blessed."

"We'll give her a call later," Varun told her, "I'll click a picture and Whatsapp her right away though. Put them on."

"Let me," Vivan held her hand and took the bangles from her. Keya blushed as Vivan put slipped the bangles in her hands. Varun captured those moments too. Both Keya and Vivan had a romantic smile on their faces.

"Look here now," he said and Keya posed for him.

"You two look beautiful together," he said as he sent those pictures to his mother.

Keya admired the bangles and then kept them back into the box. Varun and Vivan told Keya about their mischiefs back home. Keya asked Varun about the Viagra prank and Varun tried to change the topic. Keya was enjoying it with the Rathod boys. She checked the phone and said, "There's a message from Krish. He and Simran would be here any moment."

"Oh.. So you didn't tell me. How are things with her?," Vivan asked.

Keya told them everything. Simran was quite okay with people knowing about her child. She wasn't ashamed of it and if she had to start a new life with new friends, she knew she had to do it with honesty. She had also told this to Keya owing to which Keya told it to the boys.

"That's really pathetic of the guy!," Varun was disgusted.

"I know. He shouldn't have made her do that," Keya agreed.

Vivan said, "That's right. But at least he didn't disown the child. He justified why he wanted time. Though Simran had a point."

Keya asked the boys, "What would you guys have done? I mean Simran's guy thought he couldn't take the responsibility because he still wanted to be independent. But what about you? You guys are rich and can surely afford a child, would you guys too take such a decision?,"

Varun and Vivan looked at each other. They didn't expect this question from anyone. A child?

Vivan was the one to speak first, "It would definitely come as a shock to me but I wouldn't do anything like that. Honestly even I'm not independent yet but I wouldn't hesitate to accept my child and let him come into this world. My responsibilities are flexible and I think am ready for a family."

Keya stared at him and she was slightly afraid. Vivan figured it out and continued, "That doesn't mean I want to start one now!"

Keya finally let a sigh, "Thank god! You got me worried there for a moment."

Vivan laughed, "Why? Aren't you ready for a family yet??"

Keya rolled her eyes, "Shut up okay. We've been together for just a couple of days. Don't make me change my mind. And if you really wanna know the answer, then nah. I don't think so. A baby isn't something that I would choose for myself right now."

"It wasn't Simran's choice either. It happened and its really brave of her to accept it," Varun who was quiet until now, spoke.

"I think I would too accept the child," he said.

Vivan crossed him, "Don't kid yourself. Dad would kill you for something like that. You can't take care of yourself yet. You still have loads to learn from life."

"Stop treating me like a child okay? I'm not one. And as if Dad won't kill you for something like this? And talking about responsibility. You became responsible when you were set out on your own. I'm sure when time comes, you all will see if am responsible or not. And as for the baby, I would have accepted it even if Dad had thrown me out. Simran is right, love is enough. If there is love, anything is possible," Varun replied. Keya was lost for words. This was the first time she was seeing a serious Varun.

She spoke, "Relax guys. Varun, I don't know about others but I must say that you are more mature than most of us. I don't know you that much but you give me those vibes and I can say so. And Vivan, we all know how responsible you are, to end up with a fractured shoulder."

Varun laughed and Keya smiled.

"Whatever," Vivan snorted.

Keya's phone rang and she excused herself and went to the balcony.

"Dude, I never thought you'd get so sentimental!," Vivan told Varun.

"I'm much more than you guys think you know? And anyway, when did you become ready to start a family? When you left UK, you were the guy who ran away from commitments.!," Varun asked his brother.

Vivan answered, "Frankly, it just came to my mouth and I said it. I still am scared of commitments. But Keya makes things seem so right. She makes me feel positive and she makes me love myself. When I think about her, I know I can spend my life with her. I definitely won't get her pregnant, but if I do, it would be when she has my last name. When I left UK, I had never imagine I would commit myself to someone. You know what? Am sorry for calling you a kid, because secretly I know you are the one who will stop me from doing anything stupid that would make me lose Keya. I need you bro. I do. You have to help me get this right. I.. I love that girl and I can't lose her. You will right?"

Varun kept a hand on his shoulder and replied, "I will and I would have even if you hadn't told me to."

Simran entered the house with Krish.

"Nice place!," she complimented.

Krish remembered something so he excused himself, "Simmy you go up, Keya will be in the room. I'll be there in few minutes okay." Marc appeared from the kitchen so Krish told him, "Marc, this is our friend Simran. Can you please take her to Keya."

"Yes sure," he said and went to Simran, "I suggest you take the lift. The steps are too many."

Simran laughed and said, "I guess I should. Climbing those stairs is like climbing two floors together."

Keya came back from her call and smiled on seeing the brothers in a deep conversation.

"Sorry to interrupt but Aarav has gone to get the doctor. Varun go get ready," she said.

"Yes she is bossy!," Varun told Vivan as he got up and they laughed.

"What? Do you think I'm bossy?!," she kept her hands on her hips and asked Vivan.

"The bossiest ever," Krish said entering the room along with Simran.

"What the hell are you wearing?," Keya shouted ignoring his reply.

"What," he said and looked at himself.

"Aunty and I told him!," said Simran.

"This was the only thing that was there! Dad would have killed me of I'd wore a jersey or Bermudas today and there was no way I'd wear formals!," he said.

"So you'd wear this shirt from the 60s! We had bought this for Mike's theme party! I knew I should have gotten rid of this!"

"Wear something of mine," Varun chuckled, "I'll see you guys soon."

Varun stopped by Simran, "Hey we didn't get to introduce each other yesterday. I'm Varun," he offered his hand.

She shaked his hand and said, "Simran. I'm sorry for yesterday's inconvenience.."

"Hey no! Its totally cool," he smiled, "I'll be back."

After Varun left, Keya introduced Vivan to Simran.

After talking to Vivan for quite some time,

Simran realized that he really loved Keya. Simran was practical enough to not make judgments about other guys based on what she has experienced. But practicality comes from the mind not the heart. Somewhere down under, she still felt insecure in trusting someone.

"That's your entire family?," Simran asked looking at the pictures.

"Yeah," Vivan said, "I wish they could all be here. Mom and Dad will fly in soon but my brother won't be able to for quite a long time."

"Hey why so?," asked Keya.

"There's a lot of work there. We just overtook a firm and he is working singlehandedly," Vivan told her.

"Vansh is one of a kind! So much to learn from that guy!," Krish said.

"True! I've always looked up and wanted to be like him!," Vivan confessed.

"Hello! Good morning!!," Tanya arrived.

"Hey!," everyone said in unison.

"Aanya get off the phone now. We are here," Tanya told her sister as they climbed up the stairs.

"Shut up Dee! You go! I'll come," Aanya replied.

"Arrogant brat!," Tanya said and went towards Vivan's room.

Aanya was trying to explain her friend the concepts of the their project. She went into Keya's room and walked around as she talked.

She hung up the phone once she was done talking. Aanya went near the mirror of the dressing table and was checking her face out. She heard a door open and close and her head turned in that direction spontaneously.

One moment her head was turning and the next moment two voices were screaming.

"What the f*** on earth are you doing here!," he shouted.

"Why the hell you kept the door open!," she screamed back.

Varun readjusted his towel and spoke very fast, "You didn't see anything right!?"

"Ewww! Gross!! Shut the hell up!," she said.

"I know I know.. My abs must have got you right?," he smirked.

"I. Will. Kill. You."

"Oh damn.. That desperate to get your hands on me," his smirk grew wider before he could laugh. But Varun was forgetting that it was Aanya he was playing with.

Before he could finish his sentence, Aanya was running at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 11K 60
Aarav thinks of himself as a daring and dashing dude but in reality he is a darpok (Coward) who is scared of the dark and even now he sleeps with bed...
36.9K 1.1K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
16.5K 360 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
16.8K 728 39
TRENDING:- 1st rank in 'Lawyer' category out of 1.59 k stories. 2nd rank in 'Mumbai' category out of 1.31 k stories. 3rd rank in 'dream come true' ca...