A Frozen Heart {ON HOLD}

By thechocolatebutton

There's so many good things to do with ice. Like icecream, and snow, and skating, and Frozen. And controllin... More

Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Character Q&A!
Q&A Session
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapters 1-4

1.9K 36 17
By thechocolatebutton

Author's Note:
Hi! Thanks for actually opening up this book. That tiny act makes you almost as amazing as me! (jj) ;) 😀 Please vote, comment and follow if you like it! Also, please give it a chance and don't exit after reading the first few lines! ☺️😜 thanks!
(And sorry if you're finding it slightly boring right now, but I promise it gets much more interesting later on! Also in a couple of chapters, Elsa will be a teenager at a magic school and the story will be from her point of view. Trust me, you'll want to read on! 😉).
Please, please read the whole story!!! Thanks so much!!!
Also check out my other book called My Brother Zach and comment on which you like better! 

Comment on which actors/actresses should play the parts too! And which character you like most! The photo of Little Elsa in Frozen is how Little Elsa in my story would look like :)

ENJOYY!!!

- wansari-dragon 😊💚

CHAPTER ONE

"Congratulations, Mr Blake!" the nurse called from down the corridor, walking briskly towards the man seated on the bench. "You have twin girls!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" said the woman lying in the hospital bed softly, smiling at the two babies cradled in the man's arms.
"Absolutely."
"They look perfect together, don't they?"
"Mmhm."
"You know Eddie, the doctor told me something, but I can't remember what it was."
"It's ok, Anna. You just need to rest. You can tell me when you wake up."
"No Eddie, I have to remember. It was important...and strange."
"Look, Anna, just go to sleep now and after it'll come to you, ok?"

The man gently lowered the two babies into the double cot and arranged the cottony blankets over them. Then he bent down to pick up the dark briefcase propped against one of the metal legs of the bed.

"I'm going to pop to work for a bit, but I'll come back later on. When did the nurse say you can come back home?"
"This evening," said the woman with a sleepy smile, pulling the duvet to her chin.

The man walked over to the door and rested his fingers on the handle. "See you later, then." He stepped out into the corridor. An old lady hobbled past with a walking stick and a little boy, sucking his thumb, gripped his mother's hand tightly on the other side.

"Wait!"

He shook his head with a small smile and answered, "yes?"

"I remember what she said," said the voice from the room, trying to stifle a yawn.

There was a pause.

"She said...she said one of them didn't have a heart."

CHAPTER TWO

Rain slammed onto the windscreen. The heating was on full blast but the chill from outside still crept in. The car splashed through a large puddle and sprayed muddy water far into the night.

Mrs Blake cupped her hands together and breathed into them.
"Brr, it's cold, isn't it," she said with a shiver. They came to a stop at a traffic light. The red glowed bright and eerily in the darkness.

Mr Blake nodded in agreement and fumbled around in the shiny drawer of his expensive car. Eventually, he found a pair of gloves, and tossed them to his wife. Then they both turned round and smiled at the babies in the child carriers.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," Mr Blake said, accelerating as the lights flashed green. "I've ordered a new TV so I just need to stop off at the electronics shop quickly. You can stay in the car."
"What! A new TV! Why?" Mrs Blake asked, surprised, turning to look at him.
Mr Blake parked the car and opened the door with a smile.
"Oh please. 60 inch flat screen TVs are so last month," he said, grinning. His wife laughed as he shut the door and hurried into the shop.

Mrs Blake glanced back at the twins for the hundredth time, then sighed, bored. She drew a tiny smiley face on the clouded glass of the window with her finger. Then she rolled it down and back up again.

"Do you want to listen to the news?" she asked the two babies sleeping peacefully at the back. Sighing again, she turned the radio on and leaned back, staring at the ceiling of the car.

"...and tonight we'll be speaking to the well-known, super singer celebrity, Miss-"

Mrs Blake switched it off and looked out of the window. The long twining branches of a large oak swept across the one window of the electronics shop and a few remaining dry leaves flew away as the wind picked up. Suddenly everything was illuminated with silver as lightning sparked the sky, then a deep rumble of thunder followed.

Mrs Blake looked at the time. 9:18. With a third sigh, she began to finger the CDs she found in a pouch, reading their names and wiping the smeared fingerprints with her gloved palm.

There was a soft click. An icy whisper of breeze snaked past her ear and blew a strand out of place. Mrs Blake shuddered. A light smattering of rain landed on her shoulder. She froze.

The disc in her hand grew cold. It began to sting her fingers through the soft fabric. Mrs Blake frowned at it and lifted it up. On the reflective surface of the disc she saw a face staring back at her.

The disc flew out of her hand as she screamed.

CHAPTER THREE

Mrs Blake threw the car door wide open and dashed towards the electronics shop.
"Edward!" she cried, bursting in. When she couldn't see him, she ran to the counter and leaned halfway over it.
"Where is he!" she screamed at the shopkeeper, who shrank back, scared.

"Anna!"
Mr Blake was hurrying down the stairs, looking worried. "What's wrong?"
"Come quickly!" she cried, upset. He guided her towards the door, giving the shopkeeper a brief nod before rushing out into the growling storm.

"It's not here!" Mrs Blake yelped as they got to the car. Her husband circled the car fast, trying to peer into the frothed up windows.
"What?" he demanded, his eyes scanning their surroundings.
"The face!"
"Face?" he said in disbelief. "Come on, Anna. I think the medicine they gave you at the hospital might be making you a little insane. Let's go home." He lead her to the front of the car, and pushed her through the open door into the passenger seat.

"There was a face," she mumbled to herself. "There was."
Mr Blake sighed and pulled the car out of the lot.

"I'm sorry," Mrs Blake said quietly as they came off a roundabout.
"It's alright, Anna."
"What about your TV?"
"They said they'd deliver it on the weekend. I'll pay for it then."
"HD?" She saw him smile.
"You know I wouldn't get it if it wasn't!"

The rain became lighter. The clouds which had covered the moon before had been washed away and the sky was bright and clear.
"Nearly home," Mr Blake said, glancing at the time.
"Phew," Mrs Blake said, rubbing her eyes and adjusting her seating position. Then she turned around to check the twins.

"OH MY GOD!"

The car swerved as she shrieked in terror.

"What is it?" her husband shouted.

"One of the twins! They're gone!"

CHAPTER FOUR

A few years later

A butler in a dark suit stepped over a frozen toy bunny and over to a very large window. He drew the heavy crimson drapes, then picked up a small empty teacup from the glass table and slipped out of the room, almost silently.
"Thanks, Robinson," called the woman stretched out on the expensive sofa with a book in her hands. She flicked a fancy cushion off with her bare foot and it landed beside the little girl playing by the fireplace.

She laughed as she froze the flickering flames and they came back to life with a hiss, crackling defiantly at her. She did it again and giggled when a thin spiral of smoke coiled itself around her playfully.
"Careful, honey," said the woman, glancing up briefly from her book. "Fire can be dangerous."
"Fire won't hurt me," the girl said confidently, sending a bolt of snow into the leaping flames, then across the room, covering the soft carpet. "Fire is my friend."

"What did we say about using your powers in the living room?" came a deep voice. The little girl's face lit up and she hurtled into her father, who laughed and swung her around in the air.
"Daddy!" she cried happily. He gave a her a hug and she touched his head, frosting his hair at the tips, giggling. He smiled then dropped her gently to the ground, on which a soft mound of snow had suddenly appeared.
"Hi, Edward," his wife said, getting up from the sofa and finding her way around her daughter's stray toys.
"Hello," he replied, taking off his tie and blazer. Robinson came in at this moment and began to mutter at the mess, but smiled when the little girl ran over and ordered him to rock the baby doll.

"Is dinner ready?" enquired Mr Blake, removing his shoes. Mrs Blake nodded and motioned for a passing maid to take their daughter to the table.
"Can I...speak to you for a minute?" she asked, and Robinson immediately left the room and shut the door respectfully. Her husband walked over to the fire and took a seat near it. She dragged one opposite him.
"It's Elsa's birthday tomorrow," she said quietly, watching him. He gestured for her to go on. "And that means it's also her sister's."
Mr Blake rested his hands in his lap and leaned forward slightly. "Are we going to do this for the rest of our lives?" he asked in a soft voice.
"Edward, I can't just forget about her! She's my daughter! I have to-"
"Anna, I know, I know, and I miss her too, but-"
"We can't just stop looking!"
"Anna, we've had no luck for the last six years! Six, Anna!"
"We have to try! We can find her, I know we can!" said Mrs Blake in a cracking voice, tears warming in her eyes. Her husband sighed and leant back, head in hands.
"We've checked every orphanage in this country. The police are still looking and they can't find her. We don't even know what she looks like."
"Yes, Eddie, but...she's probably like Elsa. We have to try, we have to. Please, just one more time." Mr Blake stood up carefully, with a sad expression on his face, and looked down at his upset wife.
"Anna, I know you really want our other daughter back, and I do too, I really do. But right now, her sister needs you more and you have to be there for her." He sighed and Mrs Blake raised her head, crying mutely.
"One more time."
"One more time," she repeated in a ghost of a voice. "Just one more time."

"Ok, Elsa, bedtime," said Mrs Blake, quickly finishing the last few drops of her cranberry juice and pushing her chair back. She stood up and picked up her daughter, who rested her head on her mother's shoulder and closed her eyes.
"Goodnight, Elsa," said her father, ruffling her pale blonde hair, then stretching. The little girl gave him a small wave and a sleepy smile as her mother took her away down the corridor.

Mrs Blake slowly walked past the living room and stopped. The door was open a crack and she caught a glimpse of the fire burning brightly. She pushed the door with her knee and looking around at the room glowing warmly, like it had before. She stroked her daughter's hair and whispered into her ear, "Elsa, darling, the fire, please." Elsa yawned and half opened her eyes, pointing her fingers wearily at the fire. When a chilly blast of air put it out, her mother smiled and turned around to go upstairs.

Mrs Blake was just about to leave the room when a soft blue light appeared through her daughter's fuzzy blanket. She squinted at it, then quietly stepped inside and over to the bed.

The light gave a flicker and Mrs Blake pulled the blanket back gently. She gasped and her eyes widened as she clamped a hand to her mouth worriedly.

The blue glow seemed to be coming from where Elsa's heart was supposed to be. Mrs Blake shakily put an ear to the little girl's rising and falling chest and froze. No heart beat. She was used to that. The nurse had told her that although it was something alarming which had never happened before, and that they might have to take a few studies, Elsa seemed to be alive and healthy so it wasn't an extreme matter.

Mrs Blake was used to not feeling a pulse when she gave her daughter a hug or a squeeze. What she wasn't used to was the faint tinkling of something glass-like swirling around inside her daughter and causing her skin to grow cold.

Very, very cold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 7.5K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
922K 49.1K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
184K 7.1K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
16.5M 641K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...