After The Storm Blows Through

By MissyDoe2017

What will happen when a rising country singer gets a shot at the hottest tour of the year.? Single for life i... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three- Part I
Chapter Three- Part II
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Author Note
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Need some help
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Bonus: Girl's Night
Chapter Twenty-One: Part I
Chapter Twenty-One: Part II
Chapter Twenty-Two
Bonus: Wedding Toasts
Chapter Twenty-Three
Bonus Scene: Oops......
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Bonus: Hey Darlin
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Author Note
Chapter Thirty: Part I
Chapter Thirty: Part II
Bonus Scene: Movie Night
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
In Case You Need Something To Watch
Chapter Thirty-Three:
Good Morning
Funny Things On YouTube
Chapter Thirty-Four
I Need A Little Help
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Eight

3.4K 95 68
By MissyDoe2017

Lexi's POV

I glared at the article I had been looking at on my phone before tossing my phone into the cup holder of my Jeep with a thunk. Brantley looked over at me before taking a hand off the steering wheel and taking my hand in his. He lifted it up to his lips for a quick kiss before sitting our joined hands on the console between us.

I desperately wanted to go back to the bubble we had been in for the last week. We had laughed, talked, cried, and christened every inch of that cabin. I told myself I was ready for anything the press threw at us, but the thought still turned my stomach.

"What's wrong baby?" he asked as he drove us into Nashville.

"Another are they or aren't they article has popped up again," I said as I laid my head back against the seat and sighed. He squeezed my hand and nodded.

"Baby, it will die down eventually. We get the awards over with tomorrow night, then do the last few shows, we can go home and lock the gates. Shut off all the phones if you want to," he said looking over at me. "So, until then, lets take it step by step. Get into town, do sound check and head over to Luke's to hang out. I know you are having withdrawals from Caroline."

I laughed before nodding my head as I noticed the Welcome to Nashville sign come into view. A little bit later Brantley pulled up beside his bus in the back lot of the Bridgestone Arena. P.J. was standing there waiting on us. I shivered slightly as he opened my door and reached a hand in to help me out. The Tennessee weather had turned cooler but it was like I couldn't get warm.

Between that and being sick off and on the last few days, I was definitely coming down with something. I planned to go and get some shots and medicine in the morning first thing. Last thing I needed for tomorrow night was to be sick.

Brantley wrapped an arm around me as we walked inside. Kerri and Mike came up and pulled us in separate directions to do what we needed to do. We both were scheduled to perform. I was headed to finalize my performance dress with Trish while he headed to do a run through of his song with the band.

I had been trying on several different options Trish had picked out for me and when I walked out in the last one her jaw dropped. She started jumping and down, clapping.

"Yes, yes! That one is it Lex!" she squealed.

( That but in the color grey described)

I looked in the mirror and grinned. It was floor length with a slight train and long sleeves. The color could only be described as storm cloud grey. It had a detailed lace overlay on it and fit me like a glove while leaving the back open. Good thing I didn't move a lot when I sang the song I was performing. I gave her a hug before changing back into my leggings and hoodie. I was bent over slipping my boots back on, when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist as I stood up.

"Hmm... better be careful there. My husband will be back any minute and he's kind of a badass," I couldn't resist saying as I settled back into the warmth of the arms holding me.

"He is huh?" Brantley said laughing." I think I could take him."

I turned in his arms and raised up to kiss him quickly on the lips. He looked over at the dress hanging and pointed.

"That the one you two decided on," he asked. I nodded and he grinned before kissing my cheek.

"You'll look beautiful as always," he said.

"Thanks babe," I said threading my fingers with his. "You ready to get out of here."

"Yea. Luke text me earlier to head that way when we got done," he said as we made our way down the hall. Kerri saw us and fell in step with us. She looked over at me as she pushed a curly lock of brown hair out of her eyes.

"Ok, I had to beg and borrow a few favors but, I was able to take a little heat off you two on doing interviews tomorrow. You owe Luke and Cole both because I increased their load," she said giving me a look. I sighed and nodded.

"I'll be sure to thank them both profusely," I said as Brantley tucked me under his arm as we walked out the door to the parking lot. "Thank you, Kerri."

She nodded and gave me quick hug before hurrying off.

Brantley opened my door for me as we made it to my Jeep.

"Need anything from the bus baby before we head to Luke's?" he asked before he shut my door.

"Yea, can you grab my North Face jacket from the closet. I know I'll get cold later around the fire," I said smiling at him. He nodded and shut my door before climbing on the bus. He came back a minute later with my jacket in hand and climbed in.

A little while later after navigating through rush hour traffic, we pulled up to the gate at Luke and Caroline's driveway. I leaned across Brantley after he rolled the window down and typed in the code.

After making our way up the long gravel driveway, Brantley parked behind Luke and Jason's trucks. He came around and opened my door. He leaned down and kissed me sweetly on the lips then grinned and did it again. I jerked when he jumped back and yelled.

"What the hell was that?" he said as he rubbed the back of his head.

He turned his head to look behind him and I saw the bright yellow spot on the back of his black beanie. I heard a distant giggle before he jumped again grabbing his left butt check and then holding his hand up with blue all over it. I pushed him out of the way and climbed out.

I put my hands on my hips and looked around until I spotted what I was looking for in the big oak tree near the drive way. A perfect sniper's nest. I pointed my finger in that direction and shook it before raising my voice.

"Thomas Boyer! Tatum Christopher get your butts down here right now!" I yelled. A minute later two miniature versions of Luke came shuffling their feet towards me. They were decked out in head to toe camo, complete with face paint, and carrying paintball guns. I rolled my eyes because I knew exactly who put them up to this. They stopped in front of me and gave me a smile that they thought could get them out of anything.

"Hey Aunt Lexi, Uncle B," they both chorused. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling. I deepened my scowl.

"Want to explain this you two?" I asked. Brantley stood beside me with his arms crossed trying to keep a straight face.

"Well......" Bo drug out smiling up at me. "I told Uncle B that if he ever made you cry, I'd have to shoot him. Mama thought it would be funny."

Tate nodded his head enthusiastically at me.

"I just bet she did," I grumbled rolling my eyes. I jumped when I felt a sting on my left butt check followed with one on my shoulder. I whirled around glaring at the two figures standing on the steps watching us.

"Thomas Luther!!!" I yelled as he and Jason cracked up laughing. They were standing there decked out just like the boys and holding paintball guns. Til walked out to join them dressed the same with a gun in each hand.

"Oh, come on Lex, you know you want to laugh, "Luke called as he walked down the steps.

He wrapped me up in a hug before clapping a hand on Brantley's shoulder and grinning.

"Hey BG, wouldn't happen to have any camo with you? Figured we could show these youngins how its done."

"As a matter of fact, I do," he said with a grin. He kissed me on the cheek before heading to the bags he had in the Jeep. He looked over and Bo and Tate and gave them an evil grin. "You two are going down."

"Oh crap!" they yelled before running off to find new hiding spots. Til stopped and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Sorry Aunt Lex, not promising to bring BG back in one piece," he said with a grin. I smacked him upside the head and rolled my eyes.

"We'll see about that buddy," I heard Brantley growl before taking off into the house to change his clothes. I turned to head in the house after giving Jason a hug and kiss on the cheek. I could hear Brittney and Caroline in the kitchen cutting up. When I walked in they both grinned at me before pointing to the open barstool on the island.

"Well, you certainly look........" Caroline said with a grin before Brittney butted in.

"Well fucked is the phrase you are looking for Caroline. Well fucked. I take it you two have kissed and made up," she said while pouring me a glass of tea.

"Yea, we did. Y'all already know the details of what really happened since I text y'all the other day, "I said blushing slightly then I glared at Caroline playfully. "Told my nephews they could shoot my husband huh?"

She shrugged her shoulders and grinned.
"Meh, seemed like a good idea and he had it coming. Besides now all six kids are outside playing and we can go outside and have the fire pit to ourselves for a while and gossip. Oh! By the way, this is for you babe."

She handed me a piece of paper with I.O.U written it before grabbing her glass and motioning us to the back door. I gave her a Brittney a puzzled look.

"What's this for?" I asked curious to see what these two were up to now. They both cracked up laughing as we sat down in the wicker chairs Caroline had scattered around.

"That's an I.O.U. for bail money when you beat Jana's ass," Brittney said with a grin. "Because girl, you know she has got it coming."

"Amen!" Caroline agreed. "That skank is going down."

A while later as the sun had went down we got the fire going and knew the boys would back in soon. Caroline had already lit the grill and all Luke had to do was throw the burgers on. We were discussing our dresses for tomorrow night when the back door opened all three guys came limping out.

Brantley was chugging a bottle of water while Jason and Luke both had beers turned up. We cracked up laughing. They glared at us. Luke pointed a finger at us before flopping down in the chair beside Caroline and groaning. I could see multicolored dots all over him.

"You three hush. I am getting old. I can feel it. Those three annihilated us," he moaned out. "Remind me again why I taught them how to shoot."

"Because you wanted hunting buddies remember," Caroline chirped back and dissolved into giggles again. Jason had picked Brittney up and sat back down with her in his lap and had his forehead on her shoulder. His black ballcap look paint splattered. He lifted his head and glared at Luke.

"Well, you did too good of a job jackass. I swear Tate is a damn disappearing ninja," he grumbled.

I looked over at Brantley who was trying to catch his breath and laughed because I could see bright yellow paint on his right ear on his earring.

"I swear. I have got to quit smoking, he moaned. Bo and Til had it out for my ass!" I reached over and patted his hand.

"Now babe, it couldn't have been that bad," I said smiling. He glared at me before standing up and turning around. His camo covered butt was covered in blue and bright green polka dots.

"No, they literally had it out for my ass," he said pointing at his butt with each word. I looked over at Brittney and Caroline and dissolved into laughter so hard I could barely breathe. He flopped back down beside me and glared at me.

"Laugh it up. Those boys got us good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1.5K 33
*IN PROGRESS OF EDITING* Kinsey Nicole Taylor, a successful web designer and also cousins with Sam Hunt, is invited to tour with him. When she agree...
257K 7.6K 115
Best friends, partners in crime. Life long friends since they were ten. Are they ready to add hook up to that list? Stephanie and Brantley had a sec...
7.6K 372 13
We all know that Kaydence and BG were a set up, to begin with but turned into something amazing. But do things always stand the test of time? Does li...
213K 5.7K 45
Korey Foster is handed the opportunity of a lifetime. Singing on for tour manager to what is touted to be the hottest tour in country music this year...