The Clash (pitch perfect/ Gre...

By rainbowkatrina

Bridget has just graduated from high school and is now attending Barden University. Greg is in his third year... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Authors Note
Chapter 22
Authors Note

Chapter 19

1.5K 31 14
By rainbowkatrina

"Guy's this is Greg" I say introducing him to my family hoping for the best. My mom is the first to say something after a five second silence which seemed to last a life time.

"Welcome Greg! It's nice to finally meet you! How was the drive up?" my mom asks. Glancing at my brothers and dad I can see them studying him. Scott with his eyebrows furrowed together; Matt, arms crossed giving him the once over look multiple times and Alex who's not paying the lest bit attention to Greg but is completely absorbed into his phone. And last but not least my overprotective father, a disapproving look on his face, arms crossed and not looking impressed.

"Thanks! The drive went well, passed by quickly" Greg answers back clearly looking nervous and not wanting to say anything wrong.

Scott clears his throat "Aren't you forgetting something Bri?" his arms still crossed.

It takes me a minute before I finally remember that I haven't introduced everybody yet. "Right well okay uhm Greg this is Scott, Matt and Alex" I gesture to each one "and my parents Marie and Jason" my dad gives a grunt in response whilst my mother gives him a smile.

"Well shall we go inside?" my mom offers. Everyone nods or agrees. Scott throws his arm around me while Greg is stuck with our bags as we are staying over night. Stepping into the house I stop ion the door way and Greg does the same. We both take a deep breath inhaling the scent of the lasagna in the oven.

"Smells good doesn't it?" I ask Greg my eyes still closed still breathing in the scent. Peeking an eye open to look at Greg, he's still in heaven from the scent. "Come on let's go put our stuff away" grabbing my bag away from Greg I head towards the spiral staircase on the right. "So this is the main staircase that leads to the bedrooms and washrooms but there's another staircase that leads to hang out room" my hand glides over the pale yellow walls that I helped paint when I was ten "this room is yours for the night, it's the guest room and my room is just down the hall" I'm about to enter my room before I feel hands wrap around my waist.

"And where do you think your going" Greg whispers into my ear still holding onto my waist.

"Well for starters I was planning on going to my room to put my stuff away and change into comfy clothes" I turn myself around so I'm facing Greg instead of the picture lined hallway.

"Is that so" his ever present smirk is plastered onto his face. Our faces are slowly inching forward towards each other.

"Dinner's ready guys" Matt calls up, "And keep it PG up there!" I hear his footsteps walk away from the stairwell. My head falls onto Greg's chest in embarrassment.

"I guess we should go eat" he says slowly letting go of my waist but grabs my hand. I nod my head and lead him down the stairs into the dinning room. As soon as we enter the ever present smell of lasagna is in the air. Oh how I love that smell. Eating out all the time gets tiring and all you want is real food, and here it is. We all sit in our normal spots. Me on the side of my mom, my mom and dad at the head of the tables, Scott right in front of me, Matt next to him, Alex on the other side of my dad and Greg sitting right beside me. Normally our table seats six but with Greg here the extra long part has been added so it can fit eight.

"Why is there eight table settings?" I ask while looking around at everybody. Please don't let it be William, please, please, please don't let it be him.

"Oh I didn't tell you? Your cousin Karen's coming over, I thought you might want to see your favourite cousin since you haven't seen her for a while!" my mom answers while cutting the four huge dishes of lasagna.

Yes it's only Karen! I got worried for a second. You see Karen and I used to play with each other all the time when we were younger then her parents moved to the next town over and we hardly saw each other, only at family dinners and what not. Karen has these huge green eyes that you just want to look into for hours and red curly hair.

"Oh cool, when is she going to get here?"

"Within five minutes maybe" just as my dad finishes his sentence someone knocks on the door and we all know it's Karen when we here the door open and the squeak of her sneakers on the floor.

"Honey I'm home!" she yells while rounding the corner with a smile on her face. Her hair is in a french braid and she's wearing the usual black converse, t shirt and skinny jeans with a book in her hand. My cousin is the definition of nerd. She constantly has a book nearby and hated playing outside, I always had to drag her out to play with me.

"There you are cherry bunch I was getting worried you left me!" I exclaim standing up from my chair with a hand on my chest.

"Sorry dear, things got a little busy" she replies. We both end up laughing and attack each other in hugs. My family is waiting for us to sit down and eat and enjoying our reunion while Greg looks confused.

"Greg I would like you to meet my very nerdy and weird cousin Karen, Karen this is Greg" Karen waves while Greg smiles. "Now let's eat I'm starving!" Jumping into my chair I eagerly grab two pieces of lasagna and fresh bakers bread that my brother probably got from the bakery down the street. "Matt don't hog the butter pass it!" everybody laughs at my eagerness to eat but ends up eating as well.

It's quiet for a minute and all you hear is forks on plates and the cutting of bread. "So how did you meet Bridget?" Karen asks Greg. A smirk is quickly placed onto his face.

"Well it's actually quite of a funny story, you see I'm in an acapella group called The Trebles and Bridget here is in the Barden Bella's and the two groups are sworn enemies and for some odd reason Bridget hated me and wanted nothing to do with me but me being me I kept bugging her till wits end and she finally let me in and here we are" everyone around the table laughs, even Scott who I think doesn't like Greg cause we're dating being the over protective brother he is.
"That sounds like Bridget" Scott says before taking a drink from his water. I kick him from under the table. "Oww, that hurt!" I try my best to look innocent.

"What happened Scott? Did Emily come back?" I'm met with laughs from around the table. Emily was Scott's imaginary friend when he was younger. Even though I wasn't born yet I still heard stories about her, how he would complain 'Emily' kicked him several times. It was when Scott was around five or six that Scott stopped talking about Emily. In response he shot me a glare in which I just smiled back.

"I didn't know Emily came back. You should have told us" Mom says playing along. She looks at me with a knowing smile then winks.

"Emily did not come back! I told you guys! She left when I was like five! Now can we please let this go?!" He angrily grabs another peice of lasgna.

I like that word. Lasagna. It's totally weird but cool. Not to mention it tastes amazing if it's made right with the right ingredients. My mouth is watering when I remember that I have some right in front of me. Once everyone is done I help clear plates while my mom gets the desert out of the fridge.

"I hope everybody saved room for desert!" a chorus of yes surrounds the room as she cuts the cake.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The visit passes by quickly and before we know it we're saying goodbye to everyone and we're faced with the long high way.

"Well that was a fast visit" I nod my head in agreement while turning my head to out the window. "I really liked your mom's lasagna. That was the best I've had in a while"

"That's good. Thanks for coming with me by the way, I really needed to go back"

"It's no problem really, I had fun, your brothers seem nice... even though Scott seemed to hate me at first" I burst out laughing at how true that was. Scott never likes guys that get too close to me scared that I'll have another repeat of last year. I mean it wasn't that bad... wait yes it was. I didn't go out for weeks and months.

"Yeah Scott doesn't really like guys hanging around me after what happened last year. It's not you dont worry, I'm pretty sure he likes you now but he's a little hesitant towards me hanging out guys much less me dating again"

"That's understandable" turning up the car radio as Mr. Brightside by The Killers comes on. Greg and I share a knowing look.

I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Greg sings horribly off key with me lightly singing in the background.

It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss
It was only a kiss

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag

Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head

By now we're dancing in our seats and singing like there's no tomorrow.

But she's touching his chest now
He takes off her dress now
Let me go
And I just can't look its killing me
And taking control

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside

I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss
It was only a kiss

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag

Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head

But she's touching his chest now
He takes off her dress now
Let me go

Cause I just can't look its killing me
And taking control

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside

It almost seems to good to be true. Sitting here with Greg enjoying our care free silly car ride back to the university. I almost forget about reality entirely because with Greg, he makes me forget the things I want to forget but I never do. I look over to him to see he's still singing making a fool of himself, he looks over at me and smiles. Its not one of his usual smirks but a genuine smile. I forget we are driving and I think he does as well, because all I see is a semi truck driving in our direction, the driver no where to be seen.

"GREG LOOK OUT!" I yell trying to grab the steering wheel. It all happens in a flash, Greg moving the steering wheel but realising it's too late and trying to cover me ass much as can in seconds before we are hit head on by the semi truck, then all the lights fade along with the music as I slowly succumb to the darkness.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cliffhangerrrr.
Sorry about the wait by the way, I tried to make it as long as possible and this is not the end but maybe 10 more chapters left.
Please vote and comment! I love reading the comments.

Next chapter will be in Greg's POV and 10 votes for the next chapter! Its going to be a good chapter I swear!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40 10 5
Lipo finally finds a place at penderghast college but a new villain is in town and is trying to get to a mystery of penderghost . Will lipo find out...
187 2 8
College life, Tiffany's second year of college. And is nervous. She doesn't know how long she can hide this crush before people start getting curio...
34.8K 1.6K 40
Sequel!! We're jumping a year and a half later. The girls struggled with the relationship since they had to hide it but the whole time they stayed a...
25K 1.7K 22
Alan is starting his first year of college and trying to convince himself he'll survive. Though after meeting his roommate, Austin, he's not so sure...