Why is it You? [BTS Jungkook...

By winter_snow26

After Rian's mother died, she and her dad moved to Korea to start a new life. Attending Oaks Arts High, Rian... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's Note
Part of chapter 32
Summary of the Ending

Chapter 31

5.7K 179 142
By winter_snow26

Chapter 31

Jinyoo POV

As soon as I walked right out of the school's building, a gush of wind blew against my face. I sighed and stared at the bright moon which caught my eye. Even in the darkness it still shined brightly. Like Rian.

"Stop it, Jinyoo" I gritted my teeth and slowly walked forward.  I have to stop thinking about her. She rejected me- there's no point in liking her anymore. But I can't force my heart to change either. My brain says one thing but my heart stupidly says another.

I thought about Jungkook. Was he the reason why she rejected me? I don't blame her. He has all the looks, the fame, and even his personality is charming. I'm just the second guy. The third wheel.

I sighed and looked back at the moon. "Stop shining so brightly," I whispered.

"I knew you were weird, but I didn't know you were weird enough to talk to yourself" a voice behind me stated. I turned around and surprisingly, I see Jenny.

"Not in the mood" I muttered as I looked back at the sky. After getting rejected, I most certainly did not want to deal with her. Jenny's loud voice and attitude annoyed me so much.

Jenny walked up next to me and looked at the sky as well. There was a long moment of silence, which felt awkward. Jenny usually never stops talking.

"You know..." Jenny broke the silence, "I saw Rian. She was crying"

I looked at Jenny. Rian cried? I made her cry? I closed my eyes and sighed. What have I done? I was so angry I didn't even realize that she was crying.

"I was just wondering... did you have anything to do with it?" Jenny asked.

"What, so now you're protecting her?"

"Who said I am protecting her? I'm just curious" Jenny calmly answered back. I sighed.

"Yeah. I... I asked her out" I looked down at the grass.

"Idiot"

"What?" I swung my head up to look at Jenny. She smirked.

"You don't know anything about girls, do you?" She shook her head in disappointment.

"What do you mean?" I frowned. Jenny crossed her arms.

"You should've asked her at a better time. Make it romantic! Girls hate it when guys act so blunt. No wonder she rejected you"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right. Rian hates romantic stuff"

"Then- maybe it's because of your hygiene. You need to brush your hair once in a while, you know..."

"Don't start this now" I groaned. "Rian just doesn't like me. She likes Jungkook. I can't do anything about it... yet I made her cry..."

"Rian likes Jungkook?" Jenny asked curiously.

"You didn't know? It seems pretty obvious"

"Well..." Jenny looked down. "I guess we both are having our hearts broken today..." Jenny whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I squinted and suddenly widened my eyes. "Wait- do you like Rian? You like girls? All this time I thought you had a thing for Jung-"

"What? No!" Jenny slapped my shoulder. "I don't like Rian! What could possibly make you think that? God you're so weird"

I gripped my shoulder in pain. "It was because of the context..." I muttered. "Then what did you mean?"

Jenny hugged herself. I suddenly saw her differently- that obnoxious, rich girl wasn't shown anymore. Looking at Jenny, I only saw sensitivity and loneliness.
Or was it my imagination?

"I have a strong feeling that Jungkook likes Rian too..." Jenny sighed. She looked at the sky.

I smirked and looked at the moon with her.

"Yeah"

...

Rian POV

Jinyoo wasn't here. I thought he would be on the rooftop, but he wasn't. I sighed as I leaned on the balcony fence, staring at the moon. The cool air gave me goosebumps, but I liked the weather. It made me feel safe for some reason.

"Rian?"

I turned around and widened my eyes. Jungkook looked at me curiously from the door. He was far enough to not notice my dried tears, so I quickly turned around and wiped them.

Clearing my throat, I asked, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your fans?"

"Ran away from them. It was really chaotic" Jungkook admitted in embarrassment as he scratched the back of his neck. "Anyway why are you here?"

I pointed at the sky. "Sometimes I like talking to my mom
from here. It's less lonely and it's peaceful"

"Your mom?" Jungkook asked.

"She died a while back... she was really sick. Moving to Korea and meeting everyone here was due to her death"

Jungkook frowned. He softly said, "Rian- I... I'm so sorry"

I smiled warmly at him. "Nothing to be sorry about. It is what it is- there's nothing more I can do but pray for her and aimlessly talk to her"

From the corner of my eye, I could see Jungkook staring at me. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing... it's just... nothing"

"Now you're making me feel even more curious" I chuckled. Jungkook smiled. He put his hand in his pocket and took out something. It was so dark that I couldn't see what he was holding.

"What is it?" I asked. Smiling, Jungkook took my hand and put the tiny thing on my palm.

"It's for you. I was going to give it to you right after the performance as a gift, but I was swallowed by the fans"

I looked closer and opened my mouth a little in shock. It was a ring. It wasn't gorgeous or anything; it was a simple, golden ring. It didn't look expensive nor did it look special. But something about it made my heart beat.

"When did you..."

"When we went to Busan, I stopped by that gift store. I thought it was cute, so I bought two"

"Wow- thank you" I genuinely said as I slid it on my finger. The moonlight reflected on the ring, making it shine. I smiled. I absolutely loved it.

"You have one too?" I asked. Jungkook nodded. "I can't wear it on my finger, since there are always so many scandals going around, so I just hung it on a chain inside my wallet"

I laughed. "The struggles of being a pretty, girl- crazed K- Pop idol"

"Yup. It sucks being chased by thousands of hot girls everyday" Jungkook sarcastically said, shaking his head.

"Don't forget how you get rich from singing and acting all pretty. It must be so devastating"

"Yup, first world problems" Jungkook shrugged jokingly. I smirked.

"Not only that, but you get to travel around the world almost every week, eating all kinds of food and meeting different kinds of people. I would definitely hate that" I rolled my eyes. Jungkook chuckled but he didn't give any remarks for that.

"Well, actually... that part actually does kind of suck" he said.

"What? Are you serious? I would love to do that! Traveling sounds so fun"

Jungkook sighed. "Well... not always. As a matter of fact, I am leaving tomorrow"

I blinked. What did he say? "Wait- what?"

"My manager just called me. The other members are getting ready for the next album, so I have to come back to the company. There's been a change of plans"

Jungkook is going back? He's not going to attend school anymore?

"But- you can't go back!" I stood up straight. Jungkook just can't go back. We've done so much- if he goes, then all of it was for nothing. All of our memories would have been for nothing. All of my feelings for him would have been for nothing.

"I know... I'm sorry. But I can't do anything about it" Jungkook stood up and looked at me right in the eye. "Rian... I had so much fun with you. I felt devastated when my manager told me. As a matter of fact, I was supposed to go back home tonight- but I managed to make some compromises so that I can leave tomorrow"

My eyes suddenly started to tear up. This night was going so perfectly... and then it immediately went downhill. My feelings were all over the place. First Jinyoo, now Jungkook... I didn't know what to do. It was supposed to be one of my best days ever.

"I'm sorry, Rian" Jungkook whispered. "If only I could stay longer... I would have done so much more..."

"Like... what?" I asked between tears. Jungkook blinked and looked down at me. His eyes twinkled under the moonlight, but looking at him just hurt. Soon, he was just going to be a memory. Nothing more than a memory. Jungkook, the guy I loved, was going to leave. I didn't even get a chance to tell him how I felt. I didn't get a chance to tell him I loved him.

I stared at his sparkling eyes. If only... If only I could...

Suddenly, Jungkook leaned down. He gently grabbed my waist and pushed me closer to him. I widened my eyes as he closed his eyes and pressed his soft lips against mine.

His lips...

His lips were on my lips...

We... we were kissing...

My heart stopped. I couldn't think straight. Jungkook was kissing me. Junkook was kissing me.

Freaking star idol Jungkook was kissing me.

My heart beated faster as I closed my eyes and softly kissed him back. Tears continued to slowly stream down my cheeks, but I didn't care. It was freezing but I didn't care. I was sad and depressed but I didn't care. His soft lips against mine just made me forget everything in the world.

Another tear fell as I softly kissed Jungkook back.

If he was going to be a memory, then he was surely going to be an unforgettable one.

....................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

515K 14.9K 80
Sae-in falls into one of the deepest love she has ever experienced. The one she never expected. The one she's waiting for. The pain she gets The happ...
128K 5K 16
"You have 40 days to find a fiancé. Or else I'm CHOOSING your fiancé." ✔️ Completed ❌ Edited I don't speak Korean, come from Korea or know Korean by...
237K 18K 85
Y/N, a girl that has finally graduated university and is now in a serious relationship with her ex-professor, is stepping into new grounds that will...
102K 3.6K 19
Y/N is 18 years old, starting her first year at college. Jimin is 20 years old, he works at his father's company. His parents decide to marry jimin t...