A Thousand Encounters

By LettingYouIn

He, Disciplined! She, a beautiful chaos! He, Stalwart! She, a wanderer! He, a soldier! Sh... More

Introduction
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter- 25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-47
Chapter- 48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Hola
Chapter-56
Hello there!!
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter - 60
Chapter- 61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter - 65
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Author's Note

Chapter-46

5.1K 519 96
By LettingYouIn

Pulling her messy hair up to let them hang loose through that clip, Nandini spun on her toes in front of mirror just to know how she looked. Clock struck 1:15 and she rushed to grab her jeep keys. Skipping steps, she descended her tower, her room. Daadu shook his head not knowing how many times he had to tell her stop doing waltz in stairs.

"Bye," She kissed his cheek before running out of her house. Her jeep awaited her as one loyal ride. It was an honor to get driven by her. Well, Jokes apart. Checking the time for nth time in her watch, she started the engine just to vroom it through curvy roads.

It was day 2 since her college had started. Third year had brought shortened college time and more stress. 10 days more before she had to attend that seminar with delegation from London business school. Well, things didn't work. Her devil of a father had refused to have anything to do with it, principal was high on confidence to give in front of her threats, Daadu said it was harmless and Manik...he said how it was such am amazing news. Topper Malhotra was bad for your health sometimes. She sighed as she looked at her watch. She had returned from her college at 12 and now was driving to academy.

Parking her jeep, she walked inside the giant gate just to notice quiet in academy. It was break time of course. Reporting at admin office, she strode towards shooting range.

"You're late," She heard him saying as he took a precise aim.

Dropping her bag on floor, she ran towards the stand just to sway in his arms. He held her in time as she wrapped her legs around his torso. His head gear displaced due to her head had hit it with such intensity that now his nose was squashed. He adjusted it with one hand while she consumed all of him.

"How was your day?" Manik asked finally able to concentrate on fireball in his arms.

"Worst than ever," She spoke breaking the hug.

"That means you studied well," He grinned not using his teeth.

She gazed him lazily. Her eyes tired, lips a bit pouted; he kissed her cheek carefully not wanting to give away how he wanted to do more.

"We have 2 hours...almost," He said looking at huge clock in arena.

"I have found a new place," She spoke excitedly. All that tiredness had disappeared magically.

"Not again," He murmured and she pinched his nose. He hissed a bit and she giggled.

"Don't tell me it's that warehouse again," He said dreading.

Last time she had found this potato warehouse in campus and it smelled awful.

"It's better than that," She said landing on floor. Straightening her sweater, she grabbed his hand and to drag him somewhere.

Their life had gone a little taut since Nandini's college had started and Manik had entered his second term. They had to make use of recesses just to be together, doing weirdest of things, killing time in most lively manner and just soak in each other's presence. It was like they had finally found a way to use ink on that blank paper where they were writing something beautifully absurd.

"It's officers quarters," Manik realized as soon as Nandini walked her through that lane.

"Don't worry, soldier. I won't get you rusticated," She said without looking back at him. Her hand reached her clip and she pulled it away letting her wavy wisps flow in cold wind. Sun had nothing on crazy wind.

"A junkyard?" Manik mumbled looking around and she looked back biting her lip. She looked proud at something.

A military scrapyard," She corrected and he sighed in amusement.

"How do you even find these places?" He asked bewildered.

"You know I make use of nights," She replied.

Walking amid pile of scrap of vehicles, they looked around to find a place to settle.

"There," She pointed towards an old military truck.

Walking to it, they looked at it absentmindedly. It was a fat lie that they knew what they were going to do today. This newly found space where they weren't arguing or fighting was awkward if they were asked. His mind had gone for walk as usual while hers had started working at abnormal speed. He knew she was up to something which he couldn't guess.

____________

Harshad yawned as he stared the wall with sleepy eyes. It was a hard day with a lot of drills and classes. Second term was difficult. He wanted to make use of Quiet time very wisely. He had only one thing on his mind which was sleep.

"Where is Manik?" Samit asked as he crashed into his bed.

Harshad rolled his eyes not wanting to answer because he was tired of answering. How could he tell that he had gone to spend some time with Nandini.

"He has a bad stomach so he might just stay in bathroom only," Harshad replied carelessly. He wanted to come up with a nasty cover-up just to avenge jerk of his friend.

"Poor lad," Samit exclaimed before he got busy somewhere.

Well, Harshad knew where Manik was. He had become know-it-all nanny of him these days.

"Where is Manik?" Another cadet asked and Harshad threw the pillow on him.

"Do I look like his nanny?" He barked and that boy made what-is-even-wrong-with-you face.

"Calm down, buddy. I was just asking," That boy said.

"Manik has got some private business," Samit answered to wrap the matter. He gave Harshad a He-has-got-it nod and Harshad dug his head in mattress not wanting to role play.

"Screw you Manik," He yelled.

________

Manik flipped her wrist to see the time. It indicated 3:12 and that meant he had 48 more minutes with her. Her head was on his shoulder as she laid there leaning on him. She held his fingers and doodled something over her own palm.

"Cadet," She called and he hummed. He was trying to decipher what she was doodling there.

"I have questions," She said and Manik came out of reverie. He hated that phrase.

"Questions?" He asked unsure.

"Yes," She replied hopping onto his lap. Straddling him, she looked at him with puppy eyes.

Manik huffed in defeat and straightened with she still on his legs.

"Shoot," He said looking dead serious as if he was going to answer an exam.

"What do you think about me?" She asked and Manik knew he was going to fail already. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it. He seemed to be in some thought and then looked at her. She looked dangerous while she stared his face. Manik suddenly felt need to straighten his back more. His hands touched her bare knees for a second or two as he balanced her. She held his withdrawn hands again and placed them again on her knees. He smiled nervously.

"You...are...incredible..Nandini," He answered and she yawned, faked it.

"You are...crazy...least to say," He chuckled at God knew what.

She just stared him blankly. He bet she was planning his murder. His thumbs were now stroking her knee, he found it a good anxiety buster.

"Why are you even asking?" He asked in defeat not being able to describe her. She was not made for describing.

She inched closer, her knees touched the rusted trailer behind him now. Manik's hands had raised on its nail now.

"Because I think you don't think at all," She replied and he furrowed his nose not understanding.

"You just go quiet and that's stupid," She was never mild.

"I do think," He asserted.

"I kinda overthink, I guess," He said unsure. She was busy brushing his tiny hair now.

Her wisps touched his face as she reached his rear hair. She was so close. She stole a glance as he looked at her face.

"You lied when you said you love me," She accused and he looked horrified.

"Nooo, I didn't," He was now on verge to hurt his spine by going more vertical.

"Why would you say that?" He asked baffled. His hands now rested on her waist. She bit her lip before she dared to speak her mind.

"Then why won't you kiss me?" She asked over his nose. He looked as if he had gone on mental tour before he closed his agitated mouth. He had forgotten to change his expression though.

"I do want to," He replied almost inaudibly. Her thumb was already tracing his jawline. How could he let her know what she does to him when he was too naive to even word it.

"Kiss me," She commanded and then sat there giving him all the time to gather his courage to exercise what he wanted equally. Manik gazed her hued face intently before he lifted her petite frame to free his legs. Her knees touched rust of trailer while he came on his knees. Wind played some heavy music just to propel his desire better. He tucked her crazy wisps behind her ear while she raised on her knees meeting his stance.

"It all sounds so wrong when this is the most right thing I ever felt," He murmured curving his hand around her jaw.

"Shhh.." She stopped horses of his brain before they ruin it all.

"Just don't think," She said and he closed his eyes just to open them again when he was just an inch away from her.

"I love you," He murmured before his lips touched hers so tenderly that it hurt. It was like a sting which would flow across each your pore.

Their lips found their own accord as brains went numb. Nandini clutched collar of his uniform just to push him on rusty iron beneath. He took her weight as she was the most precious thing ever and she discovered the no land so that he could follow. Sun was turning cold while it bent to kiss the horizon. He parted while she breathed heavily. His lips pecked her lips again as if it was necessary to testify the moment.

Throwing his head to meet the iron bed, he gazed her chaotic face. She placed her head on his chest while he gathered her for minutes they were left with.

________________

"Open Raghav's room and clean it," Daadu ordered the servant. His voice held excitement. Nandini's mother halted listening Daadu's command.

"Raghav's room?" She double checked.

"Aparna is coming," Daadu revealed excitedly. His smile could tell how excited he was to host his younger daughter in law.

"It's been so long to see her," Mrs Murthy said smiling a bit.

"Long 4 years," Daadu confirmed and they both stood there as if fetching some files from past. Smile didn't leave their faces as they processed the news.

"Make sure everything is of her choice," Daadu requested and Mrs Murthy nodded.

He walked aimlessly not knowing how to hold the happiness. Last time Aparna came there, it hadn't gone well on her. She never returned in four years was alibi. Now when she had called to tell that she was coming for few days, Daadu couldn't fathom the moment.

"Nandiniii," He called not knowing how to hold it anymore without sharing it with love of his life. He was ascending the stairs when servant told him how Nandini hadn't returned.

"Oh yes," He remembered and walked to his room.

Mr Murthy walked out of his study room and halted seeing the hustle in house.

"Who has opened that room?" He yelled seeing Raghav's room opened.

"I asked who opened that room?" He yelled and Mrs Murthy walked out of that room worried.

"Why are you shouting?" She asked.

"You opened that room?" He was ready to charge her.

"Your father asked me to," She replied.

"Aparna is coming," She informed and anger flew away from Mr Murhy's face. He stood there unmoved as he processed the given piece of information.

"Aparna is coming?" He asked and Mrs Murthy nodded with a smile.

"She never wanted to come here," He was amused.

"Papa told me that she called," Mrs Murthy revealed.

"Make sure everything is of her choice," Mr Murthy asked her wife and she smiled broadly.

Mr Murthy left for his study with a smile not leaving his face. Out of sudden, they all had got a place where they could stand on same ground.

Nandini entered to see her mother glued to her place gazing floor with a smile. She found it amusing as it was a rare scene how her mother was adoring something at least.

"Mom," She called to break her reverie. Mrs Murthy looked at her.

"You alright?" Nandini asked as she took the first step.

"I am fine," Mrs Murthy replied and proceeded towards kitchen.

"Rishi is coming back in two days," She informed and Mrs Murthy halted. She looked shocked. Nandini had something to simper about. Her brother had called her as first person to inform how he was returning to India.

"Can't be," Mrs Murthy stated, "He didn't tell me."

"He told me," Nandini replied and advanced to her room. She was too raw to even realize how there was too much happening in her favor.

"Your aunt is coming tonight," Her mother yelled from downstairs. Nandini turned around listening to it.

"Your Daadu informed," She added and walked away. Nandini rolled her eyes at that pathetic come back. She climbed down and walked towards Daadu's room.

He sat there in his rocking chair looking out of window. A smile was playing on his lips and Nandini loved that sight. She stole a kiss of that fluffy cheek and Daadu smiled brighter.

"My firebrand," He held Nandini's arm which she had wrapped around his neck.

"Aparna aunty is coming?" She asked elated.

"Yes," Daadu replied in content.

"I am happy, Nandu," He finally could share it with person he loved the most.

"Raghav is returning," He added and Nandini smiled.

Aprna meant much more than daughter to him, Nandini knew. Her grandpa had always seen his lost son in her.

"This calls for a celebration," Nandini said dropping another kiss on Daadu's woolly cheek.

"Save the kisses for cadet," Daadu teased and she wrapped her another arm around his neck to settle in his lap tentatively before his knees start to hurt.

___________

___________________

Highly Unedited*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 98 20
Stories about the misadventures of Harry and yn and other characters in between!!!!! Some with fluff, others angst or grim. But enjoy anyway!!!
200K 19.1K 57
Book #1 of the Stars Series. ~She taught him to speak out loud He taught her to hear the silence~ ✨ "Do you remember, What the hell did you do Miss...
232K 7K 34
A Girl. Not just any ordinary good girl. Meets a not so ordinary badboy. Where two world's meet and crossover to both Sides, where love is found, W...
512 39 15
the untold love Story journey of true love that didn't succeed....