A FIGHTER'S TOUCH (A RaStro S...

By ajldlkbv20

If loving someone means that you get to be the person who can hurt them most, would you choose to continue wh... More

PROLOGUE
BESTFRIEND
AGREEMENT
FIRST ENCOUNTER (F)
SERENITY (F)
HER PAST (F)
PRIORITY
TRADITION
ENDEARMENT
LOVE GAME (F)
ARGUMENT (F)
WRONG TIMING (F)
AGONY (F)
REASON
CONCEAL
SAVAGE
BROKEN HEARTS
PROCESS
HER STRUGGLE
RECONCILIATION
FIFTEEN
FIRST & LAST
CONVERSATIONS
LOST CHANCES
Author's Note
YES OR NO
CONFESSIONS
FIRST TIME
Author's Note
A FIGHTER'S TOUCH
EPILOGUE

REUNITED (Bonus Chapter)

5.3K 217 13
By ajldlkbv20

CHAPTER 28

*A YEAR LATER*

Gale, Rhian and I were talking about our vacation plans after my sister's graduation next year. She already survived her first year of her Masters being a working student. We helped her in ways that she let us but she wanted to be independent as much as possible.

"Hopefully, the next plans we'll talk about are for your wedding." The younger woman joked while we were eating our dinner.

Rhian and I looked at each other knowing very well that it was something we weren't rushing to get done with. We were more than happy just spending time together.

"We'll get there, Gale." I answered.

The past two months, I was already thinking of proposing to Rhian. Not that our relationship even needed it, but I just wanted to make everything formal. She deserves to have that kind of moments to remember.

"Hurry up, Ate. May kilala pa naman akong gustong agawin si Ate Rhian sayo." My sister laughed, obviously just teasing.

"Anong agawin? Sino yan?" I firmly asked while giving her a death glare.

I didn't know if I panicked with what she said or I wanted to get furious.

"You remember last week nung pumunta mga kaklase ko dito cause we needed to finish our project?" She reminded.

"Oh?"

I remembered that very clearly when four of her classmates came over. They were two girls, one gay, and one fine-looking guy. I quickly assumed that Gale was talking about him.

"Please tell me that you saw how Kiko looked at Ate Rhian. He literally drooled over her. And yesterday, he admitted to us that he has a crush on her." Gale laughed again.

"Oh, tapos? Hindi mo sinabi sa kanyang taken na ang Ate Rhian mo?" I bitterly threw, trying not to show my little jealousy.

Rhian lightly chuckled as well and then held my hand that was under the table.

"Malamang binasag ko na ung kahibangan niya. Sinabi ko sa kanyang kung ang Ate Rhian ko lang ang papangarapin mo, simulan mo nang tanggapin na forever single ka." My sister playfully said.

That made us all laugh, which also washed away the anger that was starting to build up inside of me. Then the woman I love wrapped her arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to her.

"Gustong-gusto mo talagang pagtripan 'tong Ate mo, Gale. Alam mong napakaselosa nito." Rhian teased more.

"Hindi ako selosa. Sadyang madamot lang ako pagdating sayo." I defensively stated with a smile, and that earned me a kiss on the cheek.

"You turn like a sap when it comes to Ate Rhian." Gale added.

"I do not!"

"Yes, you do. Remember this one ti--"

The younger woman wasn't able to continue what she was going to say because the door bell suddenly rang. She volunteered to get it, so Rhian and I just continued eating.

"Gale?" My bestfriend called when we didn't hear her open the door.

We saw the younger woman standing still while peeking at the peep hole.

"Who is it, Gale?" I asked as she turned her back to face us.

She didn't answer but her face painted so much fear and worry, which we didn't understand. Rhian was about to stand but Gale immediately told her not to and just stay by my side.

Then she slowly opened the door. Not fully though. Just enough for her face to be seen. So we couldn't really see who it was behind it. But after a second or two, we saw a woman hug Gale, which caused the door to reveal who our visitor was.

At first, I couldn't see the older woman's face. But then there was another person standing behind her, and when I saw who it was... I slightly froze. Rhian gasped and immediately moved closer to me, as if trying to cover me from them.

"Mom, how did you know I was here?!" Gale panicked, trying to push away the older woman.

"Glaiza?" Her mom softly called when she pulled away from their hug.

Rhian leaned back and held my arm like protecting me more. When the woman I used to call Mom, was about to come closer, Gale quickly stopped her.

"What is he doing here?" My bestfriend bitterly asked with a faint tremble on her voice.

I saw Rhian clutched her fist, sensing how hard she was trying to control her anger seeing the man who once destroyed me.

"Baby, calm down. Please." I whispered as I held her arm.

I was honestly surprised to see the two people who raised me, again, after several years. They already seemed unfamiliar to me. But the more shocking part was... I felt nothing else. There was no fear or any trace of darkness that rose inside me. I didn't care at all.

"Mom, Dad... now is not the right time. Can we just talk tomorrow or some other day? Please? Just not now. I need you to leave." Gale pleaded.

The young woman's voice sounded terrified and like she was about to start crying.

"Gale, okay lang. If you want to talk to them, let them in. It's fine." I casually said.

Rhian hastily faced me and I saw the panic in her eyes.

"What do you mean it's fine? No! He is not coming anywhere near you." She whispered yet her tone was firm, showing her disagreement to what I said.

"I'm okay, mahal ko. It's al--"

"No! I don't want you being in the same room with him. That's the last thing I want to happen." Rhian argued.

I couldn't blame her because I knew that she could never forgive the man we used to trust. Rhian has always been loving, but she turns into a completely different person to the one who have hurt me in any way. She was THAT protective.

My hands went to hold her face, trying to calm her down as I caressed her cheeks. I pulled her closer to kiss her forehead when I saw her eyes filled with tears.

"Okay, baby. Then I won't. Dito sila, doon tayo sa kwarto. I won't leave your side, I promise. So, don't worry." I assured her.

After she nodded, we both stood up from our seats. I intertwined our fingers to lessen her worries, not caring if the other people were watching us.

"Gale, ikaw na bahala." I said while not meeting anyone's eyes.

I heard my sister and her mom called me at the same time, but Rhian automatically wrapped her arm around me to lead me inside our bedroom without saying another word.

I hugged her as soon as she closed the door. We stayed in that position for the next minute not worrying if we already heard the main one closed as well.

"You okay now, baby?" I asked as I felt her trembling and cries settle down.

She pulled back to look into my eyes but kept her arms on my shoulders.

"Are you?"

"Surprisingly, I am. But I was honestly expecting you'd be more calm than this." I admitted.

"I'm sorry." She apologized as she lowered her head.

"It's okay. Hindi naman kita masisisi. And we didn't know that they'll show up all of sudden."

I gave her few kisses on the lips to comfort her. Judging from how they curved into a smile while kissing me back, I knew I just did the right thing.

"Do you want to talk to them?" Rhian carefully asked.

"I don't think may dapat pa kaming pag-usapan. And besides, would you let me?" I playfully said with a smile, obviously just teasing.

The woman I love released a heavy sigh. I knew she was trying to contemplate whether to allow me or not. It wouldn't be a big deal for me whatever her decision is.

"I don't want to be selfish, mahal ko. You deserve this closure after all those years. But I just..." She didn't continue what she was about to say, yet I understood it.

"You worry too much, baby. I'm fine. Kung gusto nila akong kausapin, then you'll be there with me. So calm down." I chuckled while repeatedly giving her pecks.

"How come I'm the one who is so stressful about this?" Rhian playfully said while her eyebrows met but her lips turned into a smile.

That made us both laugh as I guided her to the bed and laid her down.

"Ewan ko ba sayo, mahal ko. I'm not worried at all because I have you. Lagi naman akong kampante kapag kasama kita." I casually said.

Her hands traveled from my waist to my bare back underneath my shirt, very teasingly. I didn't stop myself from kissing her slowly. But it quickly turned deep and hungry. I had to end it when I no longer couldn't contain my arousal.

"We are so not doing it while they're here." I laughed.

"And why not?" She said with a straight face.

For a moment, I thought she was actually serious. If not until she also snickered.

"Joke lang, mahal ko."

Then we just went back to our gentle kisses. Trying not to worry so much about what could go wrong with Gale's parents being present in our unit.

We spent the next few minutes just watching TV and talking about more of where to take my sister after her graduation. It was a peaceful conversation until we heard Gale shout from the living room.

"I SAID NO! DITO LANG AKO! I'M NOT COMING WITH YOU!"

"Sasama ka samin! Ano bang napapala mo dito?!" A deep voice echoed which I knew so well.

"Shit. Baby, just stay here. Please." My bestfriend said as she quickly stood up from the bed to head outside.

"Wait. Rhian!" I followed her.

As soon as she opened the door, Gale shouted her name and ran into her arms. Rhian automatically became her natural protective self as she hugged the younger woman.

"Ate Rhian, don't let them take me. Please. Ayokong sumama sa kanila." My sister cried when I got to their side.

I saw Gale's mom crying while her dad had the same fire in his eyes the last time I saw him.

"Glaiza, I told you to stay inside!" Rhian firmly ordered when she felt my presence behind her.

Jean was trying to stop her husband from pulling their daughter away from Rhian.

"HINDI KITA HAHAYAANG MANATILI DITO PARA LANG TUMULAD KA SA KANYA!" The angry man yelled at his daughter as he pointed his finger at me.

He hasn't changed. After those past several years... he hasn't changed at all.

"Then what?! Sasama ako sa inyo at itutulad mo ako sayo? I'll never be a monster like you." Gale said as she tried to calm herself. Her tears were still flowing on her cheeks.

"You want to see a monster, then?" He dared.

From that, I knew he was about to repeat what he did, but to my sister this time. That just threw me off the edge. The calmness that I had a while ago was gone.

I promised myself that I would never let anyone's life be destroyed the same way I had mine. No one deserves it, especially Gale.

His wife quickly positioned in between them as he forcefully grabbed the young woman's arm. When I was about to step forward, I got sidetracked because Rhian suddenly kneed him hard in the crotch which made him groan in pain. It happened so fast that no one was able to stop my bestfriend as she pushed him to the nearest wall with her arm on his neck.

He couldn't move since he hasn't recovered from Rhian's previous act and he was already having a hard time breathing. I immediately went beside her. The extreme anger in her eyes was too evident.

"Hindi ka namin pinatuloy dito para lang manggulo ka ulit sa buhay namin. I was right not to trust you. Mark my words. This will be the last time you'll ever see Glaiza and your daughter. They don't deserve someone like you in their lives." The woman I love firmly said as she choked him more.

"Rhian." I softly called, trying to stop myself from crying.

I knew how serious she was and I wouldn't blame her if she was that mad. She has all the right to. But I wanted to stop her because I didn't want him to get the chance to hurt her. I could explode if that happens.

"If I were you, I'd get out as soon as I let you go because you're not gonna like what I would do if you don't. You fucking hear me?!" Her voice rose as she forced her arm more into his neck, making him nearer to his last breath.

When Rhian released him, he landed on his knees while trying to catch some air. He forced himself to get up no matter how much he was struggling. Before he started walking to the main door... he looked back at his wife and daughter, and lastly, at me.

I immediately caged Rhian in my arms when he got out of the unit. Gale's and her mom's cries echoed in the area but my attention was more on the trembling woman that I was holding.

"Hey, it's okay. Calm down, baby. Please." I whispered as one of my hands held her nape.

She wasn't hugging me back yet, so I knew she still couldn't recover from what she just did. I pulled back to cup both of her cheeks. Yet she wasn't meeting my eyes.

"Come on, baby. It's alright. Look at me. Please. I'm safe. Pati si Gale. You don't have to worry now. Calm down." I added to help her relax.

When she still didn't look back, I gently kissed her, not caring if two other people were watching our moment. I repeatedly did it until I felt her kiss me back.

Tears formed in my eyes again. I wouldn't deny that what Rhian did scared me so much. Yet at the same time, she proved her promise more that she'd always protect me no matter what.

"I'm here, baby. I'm okay. I promise." I assured as I stroked her face with my thumb.

Knowing her, the memories of my dark past flashed in her mind once again. Rhian remembered what happened to me, and that was why she was having a hard time coming back to me. It affected her almost the same way that it did me. And that was something she always wanted to forget but she was reminded of it.

I was finally able to breathe normally again when she tightly wrapped her arms around me, like she was terrified that she would lose me. My hands protectively caressed her back to help her calm down. After almost a whole minute, I felt Gale's presence beside me.

"Ate Rhian." She called as we pulled back from our hug.

Rhian looked at the crying young woman and then pulled her closer to kiss her forehead. I watched them hold each other which fluttered my heart once again.

"I'm sorry." Gale whispered.

"Wala kang kasalanan. You don't have to apologize." Rhian softly replied.

When they let go, Rhian put her arm around my waist to keep me close. Then I saw her eyes met the ones from the oldest woman in the room. None of them was mad. There was no growing tension.

"Can we all talk? Please?" Gale's mom pleaded.

I didn't know why, but that was the moment I felt a bit of anger. That was only when everything sunk in. Probably just because I saw the effect of what happened to Rhian.

"I don't even understand why you still stick around with him. Nasisikmura mo ung ganun? Wala na tayong kailangang pag-usapan pa. Just go. Leave." I firmly told the woman I used to call Mom.

"Glaiza." Rhian called as we looked at each other, as if she was trying to scold me.

"Glaiza, please. Just hear me out. Hindi ako pumunta dito para manggulo. Believe me, I wanted to leave him but I couldn't. Everytime I try, sinasaktan niya rin ako. And I'm sorry if I have let him do the same to you." The older woman cried.

"That was a long time ago. Wala naman siyang pakialam sakin dahil hindi niya ako anak. But Gale? Mismong anak niya, kaya niyang saktan? He's worse than a monster!" I added, keeping the strong tone on my voice.

"I know. Kaya nga gusto ko naring kumawala sa kanya. Patawarin mo ako, Glaiza. I should've done that way before. You will always be my daughter, but I lost you because of what he did. Now I'm here, asking for a chance to be a better mother to you. Hayaan mo akong bumawi sayo, Glaiza. Please." She sincerely begged.

That soften my heart as I thought back to the last time I saw her. It all came back how she tried to stop her husband when he was hurting me. She tried. Jean was a good parent to me. Fully knowing from the very start that I wasn't her real daughter... she still took care of me. She treated me like her own.

Yet there was something holding me back. There was emptiness inside me. And then my mind flashed back to what Rhian said when we were in the bedroom.

"You deserve this closure after all those years."

Closure. That was probably it. I needed closure, because I still haven't completely understood what happened. Why Jean didn't argue with her husband about leaving me after that night. Why she even hid the truth from me. I didn't feel that I needed and wanted to know everything until this very day. Why all she left me was an old paper where my real name was written. I longed for her explanations.

"Hey, look at me." Rhian gently called as she caressed my cheek.

When our eyes met, I got the calmness only her orbs could give.

"You don't have to do it if you're not ready, okay? It's your call. Don't force yourself." The woman I love, added.

I held her wrist while still looking at her. With just her stare, I knew nothing could ever go wrong.

"Just stay with me, please." I whispered.

"I'm not going anywhere, baby." She assured before kissing my forehead.

...

The older woman sat on the single sofa while Gale, Rhian and I sat on the big one. I was sitting in the middle. My sister was the closest one to her mom. I felt a bit nauseated with where our conversation could head, so to calm my nerves, I kept my fingers intertwined with Rhian's.

No one spoke for the first few seconds, but then Gale finally broke the silence when she sensed my little distress.

"Mom, please. Don't go back to him."

She didn't reply and only lowered her head, signalling her surrender.

"You shouldn't even stayed with him in the first place. Bakit mo tiniis ung pananakit niya sayo? You deserve better." I said.

I didn't know where I got the strength to suddenly talk, but I just wanted to let go of my emotions. It was no use to build a barrier. I've had enough.

"It was to protect you both. Bilang isang ina, mas titiisin ko nang masaktan ako kaysa kayo ang makita kong sinasaktan niya. That's why I had to leave you, Glaiza. Cause I know he would never stop. So I had to keep you safe." Gale's mom narrated with pure honesty, and tears forming in her eyes.

"But you could've left him." I said.

"He told me that he would look for you both if I did. Sinubukan kong hanapin kayo na hindi niya nalalaman pero hindi parin ako nakaligtas sa kanya. Believe me, I did everything that I could. But now that I found you both, pwede na akong makampante. This is all I wanted to know. That you two are safe and sound." She added.

Gale held her hand as they both cried while I was still trying to stop myself to do the same. All of a sudden, I felt something that I haven't had for years. Something which already seemed unfamiliar. That mother's unconditional love.

"Look at you, Glaiza. You're more beautiful than what I expected. Do you know how happy I am right now seeing your life turned out so much better than it would have if you stayed with us? I just know I really did the right thing."

That was what made my tears finally drop. I felt how genuine her words were.

There couldn't possibly be more selfless than a mother. And I just realized that all the people that I was with at the moment, sacrificed so much for me. I've wasted years of my life hating everyone, trusting no one, and being blind that there were people who truly loved me.

In that moment, I was ready to forgive her for leaving me. But for hiding the truth from me? I still had to hear everything.

"Does protecting me also mean lying to me about who I am?" I calmly asked.

Rhian held on to my hand more, probably assuming that I was still mad at the older woman.

"That was the worst thing I did to you. And I'm so sorry about that, Glaiza. But I knew you came into our lives for a reason. Kaya itinago ko nalang ang katotohanan. I promised myself that I would love you in a way that you would never feel that you're not my own. Ung hindi mo mararamdamang may iba o may mali sa buhay mo." Gale's mom confessed.

My mind tried to recall my past memories when I was younger. Those times when she used to take care of me and spoil me even after Gale was born. It didn't take me long to realize that she really treated me the way every child deserves. And then I kinda felt like I was the one who needed to make it up to her.

"D-Do you know any information about my r-real parents?" I stuttered because never in my entire life that I thought I'd say those words.

I never had any desire to look for them. Why would I? If they didn't want to take me in the first place and didn't want me to be part of their lives, then why would I make them part of mine? Besides, it wasn't like my life was incomplete without them.

"No. Your real name was the only thing with you when I found you on our porch. Which I know you now use. Look, Glaiza. Hindi kita pipigilan kung gusto mong hanapin ang totoo mong mga magulang. If you want, I would even help you. But please, find it in your heart to at least forgive me. Hindi ko sinasadyang saktan ka." She begged.

I used my real name not because I wanted to make my real parents be part of me, but because that was the right thing to do. It was given to me for a reason, and I had to live being the real me.

I looked at the woman I love beside me to seek for help. When making decisions, I always let her take part.

That's what partners do, right?

Rhian smiled at me and cupped my cheek to wipe my tears. Then her hand traveled to my chest where my heart was.

"Let go, baby. Please. Don't do it for her or for Gale or for me. Do it for yourself." She softly said.

I cried more hearing her words as we kept our foreheads together.

"I love you so much." I whispered with my eyes closed.

Then I didn't think twice to gently kiss her, letting the older woman see more of what we are and how we act with each other. Hiding our relationship had never crossed my mind, no matter what her reaction would be.

"I love you too."

I tried to compose myself before facing Gale's mom once again. Her eyes weren't filled with any kind of judgement, but rather with joy and longing.

"Ang tagal kong nabuhay sa galit at takot. But having someone who never stopped reminding me of my worth, I've learned to live my life the way I should. I'm done being mad. And I no longer have any reason not to forgive you. But I do have one condition before I let you in my life again." I told her, which already brighten up her expression.

"Anything, Glaiza." She quickly said.

I kept my eyes on Rhian to let the older woman already know I would be referring to my bestfriend.

"Accept that I am truly, madly, and deeply in love with that someone who never left my side. Because I could never survive without her." I wholeheartedly said while still looking at the woman I love.

"I knew from the very first time you laid eyes on her." She lightly chuckled, which made me turn my head.

"What?!" I shockingly said.

"I told you, Ate. You were never good at hiding your feelings." Gale laughed.

"But I-I..."

"You're my daughter, Glaiza. I know when you're starting to go all crazy for someone." The older woman playfully added which cause Gale and Rhian to chuckle as well.

That was the moment I knew that I didn't have anything to worry about. It was time to forgive her.

Without saying anything else, I quickly ran into my mom's arms. She tightly hugged me as I found the comfort from a parent that I have yearned for so long. And I didn't know that my life could be even more complete.

I felt Gale hug her as well but she didn't let go of me. After so many years... I had my family back. When we let go, we were all crying but our faces painted nothing but happiness. Mom kissed the side of my head, as well as Gale's. And then she slowly walked over to Rhian to also cage her into her arms.

"Thank you, Rhian. For taking care of my daughters. I couldn't ask for a better sister to Gale and a better partner to Glaiza." My mom sincerely said as they let go.

"You can expect me to do that for as long as I live." Rhian assured.

The older woman nodded and smiled. Before she could turn to us, Rhian spoke again.

"Uhmm, Tita... can I talk to you? I mean, just the two of us."

"Mahal ko?" I called, wondering why she suddenly requested a private talk.

"Please, baby? It won't take long, I promise." She assured.

"It's okay, anak. Gusto ko rin naman makausap si Rhian." My mom said.

Rhian shortly kissed me before they head to the kitchen while Gale and I went to her room. I didn't argue anymore because I knew I had nothing to worry about. It was my mom and the woman I love, anyway.

I mean... what could go wrong, right?

Gale and I just talked about our rekindled relationship with our mom. Like how excited we are to make up for the lost time. My sister suggested that we invite her to our dinner tomorrow with Rhian's family. I immediately called Tita Clara to inform her as well. My bestfriend's mom was ecstatic to know that things were back with my mom, and she couldn't wait to see her again.

I was so into our conversation that I didn't notice Rhian was already in the room until she hugged me from behind. Then I also saw my mom standing at the doorway. I quickly said goodbye to Tita Clara on the phone and she just sent her hello's to her daughter, Gale, and my mom.

"Tapos na kayong mag-usap, mahal ko?" I asked after she kissed me on the lips and keeping her arms around me.

"Yeah. Why were you talking to Mom? Anong meron?"

"Sinabi ko lang na isasama natin si Mama bukas sa dinner. Is that okay?" I confirmed.

"Of course, baby. Bakit naman hindi? I'm sure Tita will love that." Rhian said as she looked at my mom.

"I can't wait, hija." The older woman smiled.

"So... pwede na ba tayong matulog? Kanina pa kasi ako inaantok eh. I still have work tomorrow, you know." Gale playfully said.

That made us all laugh yet also agreed to since it was already getting a bit late. Rhian offered my mom to stay the night and we'd just get all her clothes tomorrow morning at the hotel where they were staying.

Rhian and I head to our room, while my mom stayed in Gale's. We took a shower together, and tried to keep our hands to ourselves. Yet our kisses included touches and hard presses. But we didn't do it. It would've been awkward knowing my mom was just in the other room.

My lips had a huge smile as we laid on the bed face to face. Our bodies had no space in between. My arm was on Rhian's waist and then her hand went to hold my cheek.

"You look happy." She commented while staring at me.

"I am happy." I clarified.

"Yeah? Good. Cause I'm also happy for you, baby." She said before kissing me, but she cut it short.

"And I have you to thank."

"Me? Why me?" She asked as her eyebrows met.

"Because you made me open myself to the people who love me. You showed me that there are more things to dream of and be happy about than the ones I am terrified of. You opened my eyes to see the world in a different perspective. And that just turned me into a better sister, a better daughter, a better friend. Just... a better person. So, thank you. For everything, baby. Thank you." I said with nothing but sincerity.

"I can't wait to make you my better half, then."

Those words melted my heart that I couldn't stop myself from kissing her again. It was firm yet steady. Rhian pulled our bodies together more.

A tear fell from my eye because I knew the night couldn't have gone any more amazing. The moment was perfect, and I just really couldn't be any happier.

"I already am, baby."

***********

Of course I wouldn't let this story end with that last chapter. Hahaha. I felt like it needed this closure. At sana may mga natutunan at narealize tayo dito.

Sorry kung ngayon lang nakapag-update. Lately, tinatamad akong magsulat eh. Sorry naman po. Haha. I won't promise na matatapos ko na ung epilogue next weekend, but I will try to finish it as soon as I can.

Thanks for waiting, guys. Hope you like this one! 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 1.3K 37
Althea returns to the Philippines after five years to settle business matters with her ex. Jade however, wants to settle something else. The story...
8.9K 103 29
What if you found out that the life you were living was a lie? That you were destined to be something much greater? What if the one person who holds...
5.8K 293 32
Is asking for a normal life to much to ask? Well maybe it is if you are not normal! What would you do if you're fate was chosen for you, but the stro...
62.1K 2.4K 63
What's your Deepest Darkest Secret? Can you share it? What if all you know has their deepest darkest secret? Will you still stay in their side and tr...