HARUM SCARUM | kth. [COMPLETE...

By claireathon

She loved, and she loved, until it hurt. Just how much reckless could she be? ♚ AWARDS: 1st place in HER AWAR... More

↣ Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
↣ Appreciating Taehyung
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Epilogue
↣ End
FINAL BOOK

Chapter Fifty-Four

311 31 66
By claireathon

"You should let her go." a familiar voice said. But unfortunately for me, it was the woman I encountered a few weeks ago who claimed herself to be Yuhan's wife. What do I call her? How about brunette?

As expected, the man pulled away from me, letting me drop on the ground. I coughed and looked up at the two.

"Your phone." he said sternly, extending his hand. Slowly, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and as soon as I placed it on his, I took the opportunity and dug my nails into his arm.

"Bitch!" he exclaimed, pulling away with my phone and pointing his gun at me, turning the safety off. "Stand your ground. Shit." he looked down on his bleeding arm.

"You can't shoot her, boy." brunette warned, twirling the gun in her hands. "She's mine. And you won't be able to get your target without using her as bait."

"Yeah, yeah." the guy rolled his eyes and flashed me a glare. "I'm calling her now."

The call was answered right away.

"Mina." the guy's frown turned into a smirk. "You have no escape. This is all on you. Come here under the bridge and don't tell anyone. I have your lovely sister here, so if you don't want her dead, you might as well come alone."

There was a moment of silence.

"Fine." she replied. "Don't do anything to her. We have a deal." and with that, she dropped the call. The man lets out a chuckle.

"Ha. She's foolish as always." he celebrated, before turning to brunette. "You might as well kill her, I already got what I want."

"Not yet." brunette growled. "Mind your own business."

"Alright." the man shrugged, holding up his hands in defence. "Whatever, do what you want."

"Just what would you do to me?" I raised a brow and stood up, approaching her. Yeah, she had a gun pointed at me and a knife in her other hand, but she couldn't kill me here. Though I wasn't sure about the cutting.

If only their guns didn't have silencers, I would've already been saved.

"Sell you." she scoffed. "I get the money, and you get what you deserve. But I want to be able to torture you while I have the chance." her lips curled into a sadistic smirk.

"Uhuh." I wasn't a short-tempered person, but my patience was going down the drain. I felt myself clench my fist and throw a punch at her face. "And you think I'll be settling for someone to save me?" I walked backwards. "Just who do you think I am?"

"A girl who deserves to rot." she growled, pointing her gun at me. "I can just sell your organs. Dare to hit me again.. I have much more people to target." she approached me.

"Touch me once more.." she started, and I couldn't move. Maybe because I wanted to show her I wasn't afraid. I wasn't going to back down. She raised her knife, and I felt it's sharp blade pierce my cheek downward. "And your loved ones will be the ones hurting."

I turn away from her, feeling myself touch my cheek before taking my distance. I had no choice but to wait for her.

My cheek stung. And I wiped my sleeve to prevent the blood from dripping. It was going to leave a scar.

I wanted to fight, but with two guns pointing at me simultaneously, I didn't know what to do. I was hoping Mina had something up her sleeve.

My phone rang.

"Taehyung." the guy read. And I felt my heart skip a beat. But predictably, he didn't answer the phone and let it ring, which made it even worse for me to try and not pick it up.

It rang again, and the guy clicked his tongue, pressing 'decline'. "You're getting a lot of calls, I guess you're pretty popular, aren't you?"

I didn't reply, but I perked up when the guy suddenly turned his head away from me and into another direction. "Ah. You actually came."

"Yes." Mina looked up, and for a split second, we locked eyes. "Now let her go, Miju."

"Come closer, Mina." he motioned.

She narrowed her eyes. "You have a gun pointed at my sister. Why would I?"

He scoffed, "Because I'll shoot her if you don't." he turned the safety off, and Mina sighed and approached him.

Brunette seemed to be smirking, as if expecting something wonderful to happen. And it made me a lot more aware.

From where I was, I see him gripping his knife behind him. He was going to stab her. I knew it.

"No!" I said, feeling myself stand up from the ground and tackle the man. He lost his grip with his knife, making it slide away.

"You better stop." I said, my hand making it's way to his neck. Mina was beside me, closely watching the brunette that started approaching us slowly. "Or.."

"Or what?" he chocked. From beside me, I saw Mina gripping the knife tightly.

I pursed my lips. "Or else I'll stab you."

He scoffed, "You wouldn't be able to."

"I can." my voice sounded so serious and stern, his eyes widened.

"You're fast, girl!" brunette laughed as she started shooting the ceiling. "Next time, I won't hesitate." Her footsteps started becoming more audible. "But you're gonna have to come with me now. You still haven't won."

"Mina dear, you should go." she shrugged and pointed her gun, making me look up. "Or else I'm gonna have to do things my way."

"No." she stood up. "I know Suyung had-"

It all happened way too fast. Two bullets at the same time were too cruel. She dropped on the ground, the knife slipping out of her hands.

"Mina!" my eyes widened, and I scurried next to her. Blood continued to drip from her chest, and I started to press pressure. Two people shot in less than a week, in my hands.. "Please, hang in there."

"Don't die on me!" I said frustratingly.

"Nami..." Mina smiled softly. "I love her... so much."

"Come with me, girl."

I was so horrified and confused, I lay her on the pavement and tore my sleeve. And just when I placed my left hand on the ground for support.

"Bitch." I hear the guy mutter beside me.

My mind couldn't process everything that happened as I looked down on the knife through my hand. I looked around in desperation as the guy started standing up, regaining his strength, and my gaze landed on the gun.

"Yuna!" I started hearing people call for me, and maybe I was dreaming, because all I could focus at the moment was my dying sister.

I scurried for it, and with my right hand, I turned the safety off and shot at whatever I could. The woman held on her stomach, cursing.

"Fucker." she growled, and before she even got to raise her gun, I pulled the trigger again. Curse it for quickly running out of ammo, but they probably weren't prepared for this much of a fight.

My left hand started to hurt more. And with all my strength, I stood up and made my way to the guy that tried to get away.

And even though I shouldn't have, I pulled the knife out of my hand and stabbed it into his shoulder.

I was so tired.

"Yuna." Taehyung looked down on my hand, but I was already making my way to Mina. I placed my hand behind her knees and nape, attempting to carry her, but my hand was numb.

Taehyung then did it on his own. But she was already running out of too much blood. "Yuna, your hand.."

"I'm fine.." I reassured. "Mina, you're going to be okay, alright?"

She cracked a small smile and started coughing.

I frowned and dialed my Dad's number.

"Hello?" he greeted through the phone.

"Dad." I suddenly felt myself tearing up. "Mina's shot. We're taking her to the hospital."

"Fuck." he muttered, and I could hear some noises in the background. "What happened?"

"I'll explain later."  I pursed my lips and hung up. This was already too much, and the fact that I was the one that needed to explain this was making me even more frustrated.

"Yuna." Taehyung started as I pocketed my phone, his pace slowed down.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Taehyung, we don't have everyday! Let's go." I hurried.

He lowered his head and gave me a look of sympathy.

"Taehyung." I said frustratingly, making my way over to him.

"Yuna.. I'm sorry." he muttered. "I'm too late."

I gave him a confused look, but when my gaze dropped on Mina..

I placed two fingers on her wrist, looking for a pulse.. Any sign..

I laughed awkwardly. "Mina, stop it."

"Yuna-"

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and turned on the flashlight, before shining it in her eyes.

I placed a hand under her neck to feel heat, but I didn't.

"Is this a joke?" I felt myself smiling. Because come on..

She was too.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying you're sorry?" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. "There's nothing to be sorry about! Now let's go and get her to the hospital! She's dying."

"She's dead." he clarified.

"No she isn't." I convinced, turning on my heel. "She wouldn't leave so suddenly."

My head hurt.

My hand felt painful.

My heart ached.

Why was Taehyung lying?

"Suyung." he said sternly, not flinching or moving from his spot. "You... you have to accept it."

"No!" I shook my head furiously. "She's alive! I'm not losing another person I started to love."

I felt his gaze behind me. And I felt reality hit me hard in the head.

I was going crazy..

I'm so tired.

I felt tears sting my eyes and it was quiet for a short while, until I felt a familiar emotion take over. I furiously wiped my tears.

"Taehyung, let's go." I started, ignoring the unbearable pain in my hand. "And treat my hand."

He didn't reply, but stood up, Mina still in his arms.

I felt him flash me a worried glance, and I faked a smile.

"I'm okay."

---

Well..

Suyung went crazy in the middle of the chapter, and just so you know, the guy got away, but brunette didn't.

Suyung's hand got stabbed, her cheek was scraped, Mina died, and Taehyung got to see another side of her. And in case you've forgotten, she's left-handed, so technically, her dominant hand is injured.

Poor Nami.

What a productive chapter!

And deaths allow characters to have progress in their personalities and all that.

What do you expect next chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.5K 40
she loved him, even if his heart longed for someone else. ≖ a kim taehyung short story all rights reserved
37.3K 2K 8
❝Are you in love with her? Or are you just infatuated with her?❞
76.6K 3.3K 34
[COMPLETED] "Before someone can love someone else, they must first love themselves." *trigger warning* Eating disorder.
22.4K 1.7K 39
Wherein a girl has a target to kill, and her target is Park Jimin. ♚ AWARDS: 1st place in BTS AND BP AWARDS. (Jimin) 2nd place in ARTIFICIAL LOVE A...