The Long Run (BoyxBoy-teacher...

By Mayes_Vs_Universe

Reign, a high school heart-breaker has never felt any affection towards anyone he dated. He thought there was... More

The Long Run (BoyxBoy-teacher/student)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue
Thank you

Chapter 13

31.9K 1K 245
By Mayes_Vs_Universe

[Chapter 13]

[Reign's P.O.V]

I take a bite of toast just as Owen say; "I'm taking you on a date tonight." I cough and take a sip of water.

"Why?" I ask, heat rising to my cheeks.

He comes over and places a cold hand on my cheek, only setting my face on fire more. "Because you haven't been on a date yet and I think it's appropriate."

I quickly shake my head, "You don't need to do that, really."

He shakes his head, refusing to back down, "Sure I do, and you need a day out of this house."

I sigh but don't say anything more and with a succeeded grin, Owen moves off to get ready for school.

~@~

I walk into the school with Drew and Floyd by my side, they talk aimlessly about the latest things that've been happening. I sense someone watching me and turn my head to find Byron watching me. The second our eyes meet however, he lowers his and shuffles off.

A hand takes my arm, forcing me to stop. "What happened with you two?" Floyd asks, "You were inseparable and now you're dodging each other."

"Like a bunch of girls." Drew adds, earning himself a slap from a passing girl. "Ouch. You slap like a fucking girl!" He yells back.

I'm tempted to smile but it doesn't come and it wouldn't be the same if I force it. I shake my head, "We broke up, that's all." I say, "It's no big a deal."

"No big a deal? You two were perfect together." He says, "What more could you want?"

Owen chooses that moment to walk past and our eyes meet, a true smile tugging at my lips, Floyd catches where I'm looking and his mouth forms an 'O'. He leans in closer. "Are you still trying to get Owen?" He asks.

My eyes snap to his, "What do you mean 'still'?"

He swallows, "Well you see, uh..." Nervously he rubs the back of his head, "Before your accident you were determined to get him."

"I was?"

Drew nods his head quickly, "He's the one that caused you to be in that ca- ouch!" He yelps, rubbing the back of his head where Floyd hit him.

"He didn't 'cause' anything." Floyd mends while I try to wrap my head around it all. "You were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Drew snorts but doesn't say anything. If what Drew is saying is true then who was Owen to me in the first place? Was he a lover? A teacher? An enemy? No, he's not the enemy. As Floyd said I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The bell rings loudly, sparing me from my mixed thoughts. Floyd lets me go and slowly we move off to our classes.

~@~

I walk through the empty corridors until I get to a familiar room. Pushing the door open I'm greeted by Owens gaze heavily on me. He smiles and I'm momentarily stunned. He pulls out from his desk and walks over to me. Placing a hand either side of my face he traps me in.

"I could get used to this." He whispers against my ear and I shiver.

He moves to kiss me but almost on instinct, I push him away. He sends me a confused look and removes his arms. "What's wrong?"

"What were you to me?" I ask, my voice light and uneven. "Before my accident, what were you to me?"

His eyes flash quickly and he shakes his head, "What kind of question is that?" He asks, "What does it matter?"

"Just answer the question." I whisper.

He sighs loudly and runs a hand through his neat black hair. "I was only your teacher."

"What happened the day that I was in the accident?"

He closes his eyes tightly, a pain stricken expression staining his face. For a second I think he might tell me, but he simply shakes his head.

I take his face in my hands, "Please," I whisper, "I have the right to know."

He looks at me with tender eyes and opens his mouth slightly. "Tex taped you in your bedroom being yelled at by your father and crying."

"Is that all?" I ask, it sounds like such a silly thing to get worked up about.

"He also had a moment when you told him that you're gay, he showed pretty much the whole school it." He says with foggy eyes, "They were looking at you with so much disgust and anger. They were calling you names and hurting you."

For a moment I'm speechless. Without warning he puts a hand under my shirt and runs it over the faded scar on my stomach. He doesn't stop looking me in the eyes as he trails his fingers over it. Ever since I'd woken up I'd had that scar and I never knew what to think of it but after meeting my dad however and learning what he did to me, I have a pretty clear idea.

Silently he looks me in the eyes until neither of us can take it anymore and our lips meet halfway. At first it's passionate and intense but slowly simmers down until it's slow and overwhelming. He pushes my back against the door and clicks the lock shut. He moves a hand down to my ass and lifts me up. I wrap my legs tightly around his waist and wrap my hands around the back of his neck.

He pulls away, breathing deeply and trails small kisses down my neck and collar bone. I rock back and hiss in pleasure when our members touch through the material. Owen holds back a moan as he grinds his hips against mine. He moves slightly and captures my lips with his. He thrusts his hips into mine with such force I can't stop the moan from leaving my lips.

Owen takes that chance and sticks his tongue into my mouth, moving it against mine. I suck on it slightly and he presses my back harder against the door until it's near impossible for me to move.

The door handle shakes and we split apart at top speed. Owen quickly smooths his hair and fixes his pants while I take a seat on a chair.

He opens the door slowly and clears his throat, "Oh, Mr Frann hello." He says, "What can I do for you?"

Mr Frann glances past Owen and smiles tightly at me. "Yeah, I need you to run some papers up to the post office as soon as possible. I would but I have a meeting in less than 5 minutes."

Owen nods and takes a stack of envelopes as Mr Frann holds them out to him. With a short nod aimed at me he leaves quickly and Owen closes the door, laughing. My face heats up even hotter.

"If your face heats up any more you're going to cook." Owen places his hands either side of my face, the coldness cooling them down instantly. "Come on," He says, nodding towards the door, "Let's head off."

Without saying anything I follow him. From what just happened he'd ruled out the enemy. 100 percent.

~@~

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as he leads me around blindfolded. I try to pull it off but he slaps my hand away.

"It's a surprise, now just keep it on."

I huff but oblige. "Can you tell me now?" It seems like we've been driving in the car for hours.

"Nope." He says, popping the 'p'.

Finally the car slows down and we pull to a stop. A door opens and closes before I'm pulled out by my arm. Loud music reaches my ears and I'm momentarily confused until he pulls the blindfold off. I gasp and run ahead, he follows quickly behind, laughing loudly.

"You bought me to a carnival!" I squeal, jumping up and down.

Once he's finished laughing and I'm past my shock and excitement we line up to enter. After we pay they lead us through and stamp our hand with a red star.

"You're the one who gave me the idea a few days ago." He says, shaking his head. "What sane person hasn't been to a carnival before?"

I motion to myself, "This one."

He waves me off, "You're not sane."

Lightly I punch him on the arm until I see a rollercoaster, "Can we go on it?"

"On that?" He points at the rollercoaster, his face paling.

I laugh, "Is Mr Alister scared of a little ride."

"No, I just ate and there's a big line..." He trails off when he looks up at it.

"Chicken, bock bock bock." I tempt and he falls for it.

"Come on." He takes me by the arm and drags me towards it.

Neither of us say another word until we're next to go on. His hand tightens from where he's holding me and he pulls away. "I suddenly don't feel too good, I think I'll pass on this one."

I roll my eyes and grab his hand. He stops walking off and turns to me. "It's okay," I assure, "You're not going to die, it's perfectly safe."

"Says the one who's never been on one." He mumbles causing me to roll my eyes. He can be such a baby at times; he's been spending too much time with Drew.

I pull him into the cart beside me and hold his hand tightly, actually he's the one holding mine tightly. "Let's just hope they remembered to do maintenance on it." I tease as the cart jolts forward.

Owen turns to me with wide brown eyes. "I thought you said it was safe."

"I did say that," I shrug, "But what do I know right."

Suddenly the cart rushes down the tracks so fast, Owen screaming and clutching onto my arm. Through his constant screaming I laugh and raise my arms in the air.

~@~

"There is no way we're going on that again." Owen says, finally getting over his shock.

I shake my head, "At least not for another hour." Taking a bite of cotton candy I let the flavour run through my mouth.

He shakes his head fiercely, "Not ever. And that's final."

I salute with sticky fingers and a mouthful of food, "Yes, sir."

"That's more like it, now give me some of that." He says, reaching over and taking a handful of pink cotton.

"You have a little something," I point to the corner of his lip, "Right there."

He wipes at the spot but it doesn't leave. "Gone?"

I shake my head and motion him forwards with a finger. I meet him halfway across the table and with a napkin I wipe it away. "Now it's gone."

He stops me moving to sit back down by grabbing my shoulder. "You have a little something there too." I look up to meet his gaze, arousal dominating. The look in his eyes tells me everything I need to know.

"Someone could be watching." It's unlikely, we're sitting at a secluded area behind all the tents and rides, but I don't want to take the risk. Owen could lose his job.

He chuckles, the sound causing fingers to run down my spine. "No one's watching, and even if they were they wouldn't recognise us."

"Oka-" Before I even have the chance to finish he brings his lips down on mine heavily. So heavily you'd think he hadn't seen me for years.

Everything around me dissolves and suddenly the only thing here is Owen and I. There's no sound apart from the drumming of our hearts and the only smell is the faint smell of vanilla and strawberries. There's no carnival, no one else and no fear of anyone ever finding out about our stolen kisses.

Owen runs his tongue along my bottom lip and after the second time I open my mouth. He enters and runs his tongue down mine, more fingers gripping at my spine.

When we pull away we're both breathing deeply and the music comes back through my ears louder than ever. "Reign, I need to ask you something." I sit back down and look at him. The sun's starting to set, casting shadows around us and Owen's eyes look more black than brown.

"What is it?"

He laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with a small blush coating his cheeks. "Uh... Would you..."

I roll my eyes, laughing. If he gets any more nervous he's going to start sweating a sea. "Just ask it."

He clears his throat and continues, "like to be my secret boyfriend."

Opening my mouth I start to answer but he cuts me off, rambling. "I would say just boyfriend but I still need my job and we could both get into a lot of trouble if we're caught. Oh man, I understand if you don't want to and it's completely fine. I never-"

"Yes."

"-should have asked. Wait, what?" Owen leans back in his seat, looking stunned and red faced.

"Yes, I'll be your secret boyfriend." Laughing he leans over and pecks my lips quickly.

"Well thank God."

"But you know, a truly romantic person would ask when we're at the top of the fairest wheel." I say.

He takes another handful of cotton candy, eating it all. "It's a good thing I'm not then."

I roll my eyes. That's becoming a habit of mine, "That's a good thing indeed."

~@~

"It's official." I tell Floyd and Drew over the phone. "He asked me to be his boyfriend. Well, secret boyfriend."

"That's great." Floyd says and I can imagine him clapping me on the back.

Drew pipes in, "You could be a secret agent if this is a success."

I laugh silently, "Yeah, I guess I could."

The phone goes silent and I find myself wondering about Byron; and apparently Floyd has the same train of thought. "What's going on between you and Byron?"

I sigh, playing with a stray thread on the end of my pants. "I wish I knew. He hasn't said a thing to me since we broke up." I admit, "I knew he wouldn't talk to me but I didn't know it would be this long."

"These things take time, and you of all people should know this."

"How should I know that?"

"Before your accident, you had more girlfriends then a graduate could count." He laughs.

Something tugs at my mind sharply and for a moment I drop the phone and clutch my head. When I pick it up a few minutes later Drew and Floyd are asking if I'm okay.

"Yeah, just feel a little ill." I say truthfully. It feels like someone's pounding on my head, "I'll see you both tomorrow at school."

"Sure but if anything bad happens you come straight to us, okay?" Floyd says, the joking tone gone.

I nod before I remember he can't hear me, "Of course."

"Good now go get some sleep." The line on his part goes dead.

"Bye Reign." Drew draws out slowly.

I shake my head and hang the phone up. I lie back in bed, suddenly overwhelmed with sleep. I don't even register my head hitting the pillow.

~@~

"You need to talk to him." Floyd says after he takes a bite of his sandwich, "He looks so depressed."

"I can't just walk over there." I say.

"Well, why not?"

I'm at a loss for words. "I don't know why I can't, it just seems too simple." I admit. "I walk over there and suddenly we'll be best friends?"

"Baby steps Reign."

"Yeah, baby steps." Drew gives me a slight push in the right direction and my legs automatically continue towards Byron.

I sit silently in front of him, twisting my hands awkwardly in front of me on the table. I may have known how to handle break ups in the past but right now I don't have a clue.

"What are you doing here Reign?" He asks smoothly, not looking up from the book he's reading.

"I came to talk to you."

"There's nothing to talk about." He sighs, finally putting the book down, however he stands and before I can stop him he walks away and out of the cafeteria doors.

I lower my head and run my hands through my tangled hair. Someone pats me on the back as they walk out. "He'll come around." I lift my head just in time to see Floyd walk out the doors, Drew bouncing behind.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. Apparently they found my phone a fair way away from where the accident happened. Owen heard and bought me a new one almost instantly. 'In case there's any danger, I'll let me know that you're not completely in harms way.' He had told me after I refused to take it.

I pull it out and read the text from a frequent number. All it says is;

Come to the maths room.

Pocketing my phone I stay seated for an extra minute before standing and making my way down the hall. I pass Byron on the way, sitting on the floor by his locker with book in hand. I know he hears me but he doesn't say anything or turn to look up.

I ignore how much that hurts and press forward.

I walk into the maths room without knocking and cross my arms over my chest. "What was so important that I needed to come?" I look around the dark room but no one sits at the desk.

Uncrossing my arms I start to walk around to it. Arms snake around my waist so quickly that I jump and elbow the owner in the chest. They groan and release me. I turn to see that it's only Owen.

"What were you thinking?" I hiss at him as he rubs the spot I hit him.

"Well obvious I wasn't thinking you were going to elbow me in the chest!" He says, "What was that about anyway?"

My face flares. "You just scared me, that's all." I say, "You should think twice before scaring someone."

He wheezes to catch his breath and nods while he takes a seat at his desk chair, "I'll remember that next time." He pats his knee and I shuffle towards him and sit down.

This time when he wraps his arms around my waist I don't elbow him. He trails small kisses up my neck, enough to release a moan from my lips. He pulls his head up and instead plants tiny kisses up the side of my face.

A few moments later he pulls away. "Anyway this wasn't why I called you here."

I raise an elbow, "Oh, and why did you call me here?"

"I saw you talking with Byron." My face drops, "No luck?"

I shake my head, "He's determined to ignore me, and I'm not clear as to why he won't forgive me."

"He'll come around."

I sigh, "Everyone seems to say that but I'm not so sure."

He turns me around and kisses my lips gently. "He'll forgive you when he's ready, things like this take time. It takes a while for a brain to mend, but it takes even longer for a broken heart to heal." That's what my mum would always tell me.

I hope Owen knows what he's talking about. For my sake, and for Byron's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 487 24
"Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last." Ronda Rousey, My Fight / Your Fight ****************...
34.7K 1.5K 65
Tears started falling from his eyes, "Because I'm not supposed to like you! I'm a boy, and so are you, and it's just weird, and it's not right," he r...
388K 14.6K 32
"Hey let's make a bet." My best friend Richy said. "Who ever losses has to ask out and date the f*ggot until he breaks up with you or for 6 months. W...
212K 7.5K 25
It was only a kiss - bit of summer fun. That was all. Holiday friendships dont often last so why bother learning each others names? You'd only have t...