Adventure Awaits in Neverland

jackafied द्वारा

Lets say that Peter Pan was never Rumplestiltskin's father but instead a boy who wished to never grow up and... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 2: New Arrival
Chapter 3: Lets Play A Game
Chapter 4: Aim and Shoot
Chapter 5: Laughter Fills the Air
Chapter 6: A Blushing Storm
Chapter 7: New People
Chapter 8: Death Knocking On My Door
Chapter 9: The Cave
Chapter 10: I Don't Care
Chapter 11: The Potion

Chapter 1: The Never Ending Nightmare

423 15 0
jackafied द्वारा

I shot up wide awake screaming while beads of sweat dripped down my face. God, why do I have to keep reliving that memory? My friend propped up on her elbows next to me, looking at me with a very groggy expression.

"Luna, this is the fourth time this week that you woke up screaming. Will you please just go back to bed?"

"I'm sorry Kathleen, I just, I have to get out of here."

I got up from the bed and stumbled quietly towards my bedroom door as my friend, Kathleen, stuffed her face back in the pillow, only to fall back asleep in a matter of seconds. As soon as I got outside, I raced towards the beach that was just behind my house. When I got to the edge of the waters, I slipped off my night gown and placed it on the sand. I then ran into the water and when I was in far enough, I dived in under the waves. Once underwater, sparkles began to form around my legs and then they turned into a tail. Yup, I'm a mermaid.

I didn't find out I was a mermaid until two years ago, actually. Well, a week after my mom died to be more specific. My parents weren't mermaids but apparently my grandma was, so I guess it skipped a generation. It's actually pretty great! The only downside is having to keep it from my dad, who knows what he'd do if he found out I was one. Probably filet me. So I just kind of keep it to myself, kind of like my own personal secret. Another thing, whenever I take a dip, I have to take off my clothes, otherwise they rip and I can never wear them again, it's a complete bummer, which explains why I took off my nightgown to swim. But being a mermaid definitely has an upside and helps me in so many ways.

I always swam around for a few hours whenever I had that reoccuring memory of the last moment with my mom. Swimming always relaxed me in a way that nothing else could, I guess it allowed me time to think and clear my thoughts. The ocean felt more like home than it did living with my father. It is always a living hell with him. He drinks all the time and then I become a human punching bag, fun right? He still blames me about my mom, too: a slap everyday to be reminded actually.

The only good thing is that my friend Kathleen has been staying with us for the past week because her father is searching for some new land, yeah, like that's easy to find anymore. So my dad eased up with the hitting becasue he didn't want other people to know the man that he truly is. What sucks is that apparently Kathleen's dad comes home tomorrow so that means Kathleen will have to go back home and I'll have to go back to tendering to my father's every wish. Woo.

By the time I got back inside my room in our house, it was just the brink of dawn. I crawled back in bed, only to be woken up about ten minutes later by my dad storming into the room. He took a fist of my nightgown, picked me up, and then threw me down to the ground. I landed on the hard cobblestones with a loud thump, waking up Kathleen. My dad then started kicking me repeatedly in the stomach even though Kathleen was watching in complete horror of everything that was happening.

"You piece of shit, you went down to the beach again without my permission, didn't you?!" He screamed.

He firmly grasped my hair and pulled me to my feet. He kept hitting my face over and over again with all of his strength, to the point where my left eye was swollen shut. My cheeks blackened as each strike of his fist made contact with it.

Spitting out blood, I pushed him away and managed to get out, "Kathleen, I think it's time for you to leave."

She ran out of there as fast as she could, giving me a sympathetic look as she passed.

"You're a horrible daughter! If you just listened to me, you would never deserve this type of punishment." Another whack across the face.

Blood trickled down my lip, "Well, if you were a loving father and didn't make me feel worthless, then I wouldn't have the need to get away and go to the beach, now would I?"

"Why you little-"

He pushed me hard against the wall so that I hit my head against the stones. Excrutiating pain shot throughout my whole body as my vision blurred. I touched my hand to the back of my head and then looked at it to see that it was covered in a sticky red substance. Blood.

"You dick! You're going to knock me out cold and then let me bleed to death if you keep this up!"

"Don't you dare call me a dick again! I've been so generous to take care of you all this time, even after your mother died. But if that's what you want, this next punch will knock you out cold."

He swung his arm but I ducked just in time. I manuvered around him and then kicked him in a place where a man should never be kicked. He fell to the ground crying out in pain. I rushed out of the room grabbing my bow and arrow, and the shirt and a pair of pants that were next to the door.

I ran as fast as I could to get away from that place. I knew that he would follow me when he could get back up again. I ran towards the docks and saw ships getting ready to leave. People that saw me gave me a disgusted look and continued walking.

"Somebody help me, please!"

No one even turned to look at me. They just went about their own business and boarded their ships without giving me a second glance.

"Someone, anyone! Please, he'll hurt me again. Even worse than this!"

I pointed to my face that was covered in bruises and cuts. I couldn't even see out of my left eye anymore. No one even paid attention to me, so I walked to the end of the dock, sat down, and started crying.

"Why are you crying, dearie?"

When I looked up, it looked as though everything around me was frozen, suspended in time.

"You're going to have to do something about that face."

I looked at the man who was talking to me, well I think he was a man. He had skin that looked like it had flecks of gold. I looked all around us, no one else was moving. It was as though we were the only ones.

"Who are you?"

"The names Rumplestiltskin and you are?"

I hesitated, "L-Luna, Luna Rae."

"Well Luna, I guess this is your lucky day."

He waved his hand over my face and I felt a sort of tingling feeling. When I opened my eyes, I could see out of my left eye again. I touched my hands to my cheeks: no cuts, bruises, nothing. I even checked the back of my head, there was nothing there; it was as though I never even got shoved against the wall in my room and hit my head.

"Woah, how did you do that?"

"Magic, dearie. You have heard of it, have you not?"

I laughed nervously, "Of course I have, I-I just didn't think I'd ever be worthy enough for somebody to actually use it on me."

"It was nothing, really."

"Wait, can you explain to me what is going on exactly?"

"Well, I was just making my way to the ship when I heard your insufferable sobbing. So I thought I'd come take a look."

"No, I meant with all the people that are around us."

"Oh that? I just put a spell on everyone to suspend them in time for a bit so I can get a chance to talk to you, in private."

"What is it that you want to talk about?"

"Well you're quick to cut to the chase aren't you? I'm here to offer you something that you can't possibly deny. I'm here to offer you a place of sanctuary, well sort of. I can give you directions to this land, it's called Neverland. It is very hard to find, you see, and it can take you away from this horrible life that you are living now. You can start anew, but I will warn you that there may be things there that aren't exactly very... pleasant." He trailed off.

"What's the catch?"

"Why do you think there's a catch?"

I gave him the look that just said really?

He laughed, "I suppose there is a catch. You see, I'm going to need one of your scales." He pointed at my legs.

"What are you talking about? I don't have scal-"

"Oh stop lying, I know that you do, mermaid." A big smiled crossed his face.

"How did you-?"

"I'm Rumplestiltskin, I know these things. Now, I need one of your scales as a price of payment and then I can send you off on your way."

Ever so eager I said, "I accept your deal, but why do you need one of my scales? What's so important about them?"

"You don't know, do you? You're a very special mermaid. You can have legs on land and a tail in the water, and you don't even need magic to make that happen. But with your scale, I'm sure I can create some kind of potion that can allow any other mermaid to do the same, since they don't get legs on land."

"That sounds very sweet of you."

"It's not sweet. " He gritted his teeth, "It's so I can get something that I want from them."

"Oh, well" I dipped my legs into the water and sparkles began to form around them making it turn into a tail. I ripped off one of the scales, cringing at the sting of it. I then handed it to Rumple, "Here you go."

He smiled and took it in the palm of his hand, "Wonderful."

He leaned over and then whispered the directions in my ear to this new, magical land.

I gazed up at him, "So all I have to do is swim there?"

"Yup!"

"One last thing, do you mind putting a spell on me or something for my journey there so that the clothes I wear don't rip?"

He smirked and then a purple cloud formed around me and all of a sudden I was dressed in the shirt and pants that I grabbed, and my bow and arrows were strapped to my back.

"Consider it done, but that spell will wear off as soon as you're on the beach of Neverland."

"Thank you so much, Rumplestiltskin!" I kissed his cheek and then dived into the ocean, swimming my way to Neverland.

"Goodbye, dearie!"

Time soon unfroze and Rumple disappeared in a cloud of purple smoke. Then, Mr. Rae ran up to the edge of the dock, "Where the hell did that girl go? I swear I just saw her."

He walked away angrily, mumbling to himself how he needs to run more.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

83.2K 3.5K 52
I guess you can say that I am unlucky. At least that is what I call myself. The one guy I ever liked has me friend zoned, my family thinks that I am...
46.4K 672 43
Ok I'm not good a descriptions and I have other stories if unwanted to read , this may have inappropriate content for some kids . This is the story...
57.7K 1.1K 20
(OUAT Universe) When Henry's family had deduced that it was Neverland he had been taken to, Lily volunteered herself to come and save him. She vol...
224 21 14
The shadowy figure at her window would normally have been disconcerting. But something about the uncertainty that would come with the sunrise left Ma...