Just a Façade|| ✔️

By heresurramenbro

[TG Various x Ghoul!Reader] (f/l) (l/n), as known as Purple Phoenix by the CCG. Rebellious, flirtatious and... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Info About The Characters
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 1 1
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N (Important!)
A/N (Another sorry!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Ayato's Ending
Kaneki's Ending
Hide's Ending
Alternate Ending
A Year And A Half

Chapter 17

2.7K 101 19
By heresurramenbro

​​​​​​
You felt the air hitting your face. You turned your head in horror to the object that had fallen. 

And you realised, 

That you had lost your mask in front of the human. 

_

Juuzou started giggling. To your luck, you were giving him your back, so he wasn't able to see your face. 

Panic took over you and you froze in the spot, afraid to make a wrong move. 

Any wrong move, and he would've seen your face. 

"Wow... Do you mind turning and face me please? So I can see your pretty face?" he asked giggling. 

Your mask was just two or three metres away from you. 

Maybe if I'm quick enough... 

"Oh? Maybe you're thinking of taking your mask? What if I tell you I want it?" 

You widened your eyes more, and you heard him starting running. 

What do I do, what do I do, what do I do! 

Oh I got it! 

With a quick move you kicked the mask, and then ran to take it, putting it back on. 

Then you turned to Juuzou. 

"Tch" 

I can't beat him... 

You didn't like the thought, but you turned your back and ran away from the room. 

"Aww... You're running away already?~" Juuzou whined. 

You ran and ran, before you could change your mind and going back fighting with the ghoul investigator. 

You stopped panting. 

Fuck, I thought I was dead. I have to be more careful. 

While thinking this, you heard some screaming and fighting noises coming from a room not too far from where you were. 

You walked and stopped at the door, but the scene in front of you made you more worried than ever. 

Kaneki was fighting another ghoul. But this ghoul was something like two times bigger than him. 

And you noticed another thing: he had almost the same kagune as Kaneki. 

You saw that Kaneki was losing the fight, and made a step forward, but a hand stopped you. 

You looked behind to see Eto, with her index finger in front of her lips, gesturing you to keep silent. 

"They have their own things to resolve" Eto said, in a surprisingly serious tone. 

Taken aback by her tone, you decided to listen to her. 

But the fighting soon ended when the huge ghoul kicked Kaneki, and threw him against the wall, making him break through it and roll into another room. 

You couldn't take it any longer, so you broke free from Eto's grasp and ran to where Kaneki was. 

The ghoul was about to jump on you, but Eto quickly ran to him and asked him something you couldn't hear. 

Kaneki was lying motionless on the floor, and you were shaking him violently. 

"Kane-kun! Kaneki!" you kept shouting. 

He opened his eyes a little, and looked at you. 

"(f...(f/n)-chan..." Kaneki whispered. 

But then he suddenly screamed as if he was in extreme pain, and rolled on his stomach. 

"Kaneki?!" 

He kept screaming and trembling, until you noticed that something was getting out of his back. 

You widened your eyes, as two things started growing out of him. 

They looked almost like centipedes with thorns. This was totally different from his kagune. 

He started mumbling something. 

"The... The world runs in strength... If... If I'm not strong enough... I won't be able to protect... The people from Anteiku... Or Hide... Or (f/n)..."

You widened your eyes as he started to get up, and saw his face. You gulped. 

A... A kakuja...? 

You knew that he had cannibalised, eating Yamori, but you didn't think it was enough to become a kakuja. 

He fully got up and looked down at you, even if now his uncovered eye was totally white. You sincerely were scared of this Kaneki. 

But he took your arm and then placed an arm around your waist, pulling you with him. 

He ran towards the exit, and came back in the room where you had left Ayato, still with you in his arms. 

He finally placed you on your feet, and you looked down. You felt a weird pain in your chest, caused by what you saw.

Ayato was fighting with a ghoul investigator, but he looked weak. Probably the investigator was too strong even for him.

Ayato walked with wobbling legs towards him, and punched his armor-like quinque. But that punch didn't do anything, and the blue haired ghoul looked up.

What pained you the most were his eyes. In fact, they looked miserable and devastated.

Even if a part of you hated him, you couldn't stand to see him like that. You didn't know why, but you absolutely didn't want him to die. Seeing that look on his face had almost made you cry. 

The ghoul investigator was about to hit him with his quinque, but you jumped down and took Ayato in your arms, so the weapon hit you instead of him. 

You gritted your teeth in pain, and looked at your bleeding side. 

You and Ayato slammed into the wall. He was in a sitting position, while you were kneeling over him. 

He widened his eyes slightly at the sight of you, and, making sure the man was frozen in the spot, he took off your mask, like to make sure it was really you. 

He then put a hand on your bleeding side. 

You didn't know what had gotten into you, but you brushed a few strands of blue hair from his forehead, and then leaned down to place a soft kiss on it. 

I don't know why... But I think you're precious to me, Ayato... 

Ayato widened his eyes and clutched weakly your wound. 

You took your mask from Ayato and put it back on, then you stood up, even if your legs were trembling, turned to the ghoul investigator, and extended your arms, in a protective manner. 

The man looked shocked, but then he gripped his quinque and glared. 

It was at this moment you felt something slam against your stomach, making you fall, sitting against the wall right beside Ayato, who had passed out. 

The impact made you hit your head, and your vision became fuzzy. 

The investigator widened his eyes and started fighting with Kaneki. 

The whole time, Kaneki was grinning insanely. 

"My... fingers... on the bench..." he started mumbling. 

"Centipedes... in my ear..." 

"What's... what's 1000... 1000 - 7" he turned to the man. 

"I've met lots of ghouls in my life, but... So far you're the craziest one!" he commented and launched his quinque to Kaneki, slicing his side. 

Kaneki fell on the floor, but his kagune immediately spread back, and he started fighting again. 

Then he ran behind the man, shocking him, and hit him with his kagune. 

You were truly shocked. You had never imagined that Kaneki would've been this insane, when controlled by the kakuja power. 

_

"(f/n)... You won't die and I won't either. I'll kill everyone in our way if necessary"

​​​​​​_

You sighed and leaned against the wall, closing your eyes. 

Suddenly some kind of gas was diffused, and you recognised it as CRC gas,because you suddenly felt weaker than ever. 

Then you heard a gasp, and opened back your eyes. You met again with those green orbs, that were both shocked and angry. 

In fact Kaneki was eating the armor-like quinque of the ghoul investigator. 

"You... You bastard!" he shouted. 

Then he started fighting with Kaneki, and managed to slice a few of his tentacles. 

"Tell me... Why?! That time you didn't kill me, and what you said... Was it all a lie?!" 

Kaneki screamed in pain as the other ghoul investigator sliced more of his tentacles. 

"It was you who left me alive, that time... That time you were crying... Now you're taking aback what you said?!" 

Kaneki stopped in his tracks and fell on his knees. You noticed that a few tears left his uncovered eye. 

"I... I don't want to eat anymore" he sobbed. 

You frowned at his state, but then lots of dead bodies started to fall from the higher floors, and then you saw it. 

The owl. 

Ayato opened his eyes, and looked at it, then he turned his gaze to you and locked his eyes with yours for a second, even if you had your mask on. 

The Owl took Kaneki, who started screaming, with one of its hands, and with the other took both you and Ayato, pressing you against each other. 

You closed your eyes, and, exhausted, you placed your head on Ayato's shoulder and passed out. 

-Time skip-

You woke up in a dark room, and found yourself lying on a blanket over the floor. You looked to your left and saw that your mask was placed beside you. 

Then you looked to your right and met a pair of blue eyes. You blinked a few times, then you tried to sit up, but you felt a sharp pain in your head and lay back down groaning. 

"You shouldn't stand up, idiot" Ayato muttered.

You took another look around and realised that you were in the injured room, back in the Aogiri Tree Base, in fact there were a lot of other ghouls lying down. 

Suddenly a ghoul shouted at you. 

"Oi, you two! Since you're awake, leave! We've got lots of people to heal here!" 

Ayato stood up slowly, taking his mask. Then he looked at you. 

"Can you stand up?" he asked. 

You stood up, with trembling legs, taking your mask too and supported your weight with the wall. 

Seeing you, Ayato sighed and took your arm, placing it around his shoulders, and then he slung an arm around your waist. 

You made your way out in the corridor, wondering if also Kaneki was ok. 

Kaneki... 

You widened your eyes in panic and stopped dead in your track. 

The promise... 

Ayato eyed you strangely. 

"Are you alright?" he asked. 

You glared at him. 

"Of course I am. Why are you so kind with me? Have you got some of your goals in your head?" you asked. 

He looked away and shook his head. 

"Anyway if you're interested, and I imagine you are... Eyepatch is alright. Now I imagine you want to go to him" he said, sounding a little annoyed. 

You hesitated. 

"I... I can see him later... Now I want to go to my room" you said. 

I want to go to my room to hide from Kaneki... 

Ayato raised a brow, but then the two of you started to walk again in silence. After a while you were able to walk by yourself. 

When you were close to your room, though, Ayato spoke. 

"Since you've woken up, I wanted to ask you something..." he said looking down and frowning. 

Oh no... 

"About what" you said, avoiding eye contact. 

"About what happened in cochlea" 

"What happened?" you asked, refusing to talk about that kiss on the forehead. 

He glared at you. 

"Don't play dumb now" he said. 

"I'm not playing dumb" 

Ayato was about to speak, when another voice was heard. 

"Hello, (f/n)-chan" 

You widened your eyes and looked up at the only person you didn't want to meet. 

Ayato let out a 'tch'. 

Kaneki was waiting for you in front of your room. He seemed to noticed the look on your face, because then he said:

"(f/n), you promised" 

You gulped and looked at Ayato, seeing that he had a confused face. 

"But I-" you tried to protest, but Kaneki cut you off. 

"It will make you happier, (f/n)" Kaneki continued. 

Ayato took a step forward, anger plastered all over his face. 

"Hey, what are you-" 

Kaneki put a hand over Ayato's mouth. 

Then he looked at you with a serious face. You couldn't help but look down. 

Ayato forcefully uncovered his mouth from Kaneki's hand. 

"Will you tell me what the fuck is going on?!" he asked. 

You couldn't bear to look up.

Kaneki looked at you, then at Ayato. 

"What's going on, you ask? That the (f/n) you know, doesn't exist

​​​​​​___________________________________________________

DUN DUN DUN! 

What will happen next, you will find out in the next chapter! 

Bye! 

​​​​​​-Giulia 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 1.9K 37
Just a vast collection of my work. Title says it all. This is a one-shot collections of my Tokyo Ghoul x reader...so...yeah....enjoy!! Hope you like...
42.9K 1K 59
WARNING : VERY BAD WRITING !! • ken kaneki x female ghoul ! reader • BOOK 2
30.3K 710 16
Thought I'd try writing a Kaneki X Reader. Romance | Cute | Slice of life | Drama | Action COMPLETED STORY. Enjoy! ♡ Jazzy-B_085 08/11/18 - Rank #2...
18.2K 330 12
Cover Art Drawn By: Sui Ishida (I think?) Edited by: me It's feels weird writing fanfics again ,but imma just do it anyway (pls tell me if I have w...