Deadly Reflection ✓

By clozet_writer

*Featured story in Wattpad India reading list in horror genre. * 26 on 20/09/17 in horror. Rita was about to... More

1 - Don't close your eyes
2 - The day after
3 - Dilemma
4 - Almost there
5- New house
6 - Beginning
7 - First day at office
8 - Who is standing behind you?
9 - scared and alone
10 - Saviour
11- Something fishy
12 - Going somewhere?
13 - calm before storm
14 - Confrontation
15- I have nothing good to wear
16 - Dream date
17 - After the nightmare
18 - Spill the secret
19 - Unexpected help
20 - Piece of glass
21 - Confession & lightout
22 - Game of death begins
23 - Taming the death

24 - The end/ New beginning

442 38 7
By clozet_writer

"Rita.... please open your eyes. Can you hear me.." A familiar voice asked.

She slowly tried to open her eyes but everything was hazy. She again tried and this time, she saw her love, Raj's face whose hair was completely disheveled, while his eyes were surrounded by eyebags. His face lit up as he saw her conscious.

"Raj....what... are..you..doing... here? You...should not...have come here. Its too dangerous. Please leave." She pleaded as she felt lump in her throat.

"Listen Rita....I am not going anywhere. What had happened here? Who did this to you?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.

"Raj...I am fine. I-I will tell you everything....but... first promise me that you will listen to it calmly, and will believe me." She said as tried getting up.

"Okay okay, I will but first let me get you some first aid." He said before he walked towards her kitchen and grabbed first aid kit. For next few minutes, he carefully cleaned and dressed her wounds and bruises which were visible.

*****

"Now....tell me everything from start...and don't dare to leave anything..." He spoke moment he got done with her dressing.

"Hmm...It all started when I shifted in this flat." Rita narrated everything as Raj kept staring her, his eyes wide.

"...and then, I burned all the mirrors." Rita concluded her story.

"Oh God Rita! Honestly, I wouldn't have believed it, if I didn't knew that you will never lie to me." He said with his eyes full of love and admiration, for his girlfriend.

"I know Raj....its hard to believe. I myself have ignored it initially, but that was my mistake. By the way...how did you came here? I mean....umm....you know na what I am trying to ask..?" She said.

"Yes....actually, your building's guard saw smoke coming from your flat's window around four in the morning, so he called at your intercom. When you didn't answered, he came upstairs and knocked at your door. After few minutes of knocking, he suspected something was definitely wrong and then he broke down the door, with help of other people and got inside. He found you lying unconscious on the floor. After extinguishing the fire, he ranged me and thats how my love, I am here in front of you." Raj smiled.

"Oh...I will definitely thank him later. But, how come he had
your number?" She asked, confused.

"Actually, last time when you fainted, I had got very worried about you and so, on that day only, I have given that guard my phone number, in case of emergency since you didn't knew anyone here. I also knew that you will never tell me, even if you were in any problem and see, how it actually helped you today." He grinned.

"Seriously Raj, I don't remember now how many times I have thanked you, since you came in my life." Rita admitted.

"I will accept your thanks only if you start taking care of yourself and promise to stop hiding stuffs from me."

"Promise...promise." Rita giggled before getting up and hugging him.

Rita glanced at her home. There was not a trace of that irritating odour in air. She smiled and took a sigh of relief before embracing Raj more tightly.

*******

Two months later:-

Raj and Rita were sitting in a restaurant. They both ordered their food, and were waiting for it. Rita was lost in her thoughts.

"I know what are you thinking." Raj said looking said her.

"If you know, then tell me. I can't wait more. You and your surprises. Every other day you have some gift for me. I have told you already that all I need is your love....nothing else." She acknowledged.

"I know...I know my love....but you have to understand that I love to pamper you and..by the way today's surprise is little more special." He winked.

"Now, you are killing me with the suspense. Spill or I am going back to office." She said reaching for her bag.

"Okay...okay...but first I need you to close your eyes."

Rita huffed but did what he asked.

Few seconds later, she heard Raj's silky voice. "Now slowly open your eyes."

Rita slowly opened her eyes.
There was a beautiful sparkling ring with a solitaire in centre of it, which Raj was holding out in his hand.

"Raj....whats all this? This...is... beautiful." Her voice got choked. Her eyes were shining with tear of happiness.

" I was planning for this since last month. My mom-dad adore you...and they are more than happy to welcome you in our family. In fact, they were the one who told me to talk with you about this but..if you think all this is little fast...then..I can wait... you have no pressure to accept it right now." He said holding her hand.

"Raj....if you know me, then you should also know that one thing which I have craved all my life was a family...and today when I am getting this chance...to have my own family, I would be the dumbest girl if I will said no to your proposal..." She admitted blinking back tears.

"That means yes...huh?" He asked.

"Yes...yes...big yes." Rita giggled.

"Rita...I am so happy... thank you so much. Trust me, you will never regret this decision...that's my promise to you today." He said before slipping ring in Rita's finger.

"And...for your information, this was just a small surprise. We will be having our official engagement three weeks from now. So...be ready to be mine...for forever." He revealed looking into her eyes.

Rita was grinning like a child who had just got her favourite chocolate. She still couldn't believe this was now her life. So much happiness and love. She knew this all was happening because of her nani's blessings.

********

After three weeks:-

It was a beautiful, glittering evening and also, eve of Raj and Rita's engagement. Engagement party has been organised at Vinay Lalwani, Raj's father huge bungalow. Front lawn was full of guests enjoying the party.

Raj and Rita were sitting together. She was looking ethereal in designer navy blue lehnga. He wasn't able took off his eyes even for one second from her angelic face since she entered the venue.

"Will you stop looking at my friend like this? Its looking kind of creepy. She is not running anywhere.... infact you have your whole life now to stare her as much as you can, and ofcourse you can do more than that too.." Rita's friend Jenny joked making Rita blush from embarassment.

"I know my dearest would-be sister-in-law. But, is that my fault if your friend is looking so beautiful that I can't look anywhere else." He defended himself.

Rita rolled her eyes at Raj, who answered her with an obvious wink.

Raj was looking equally handsome. He had worn blue kurta and paired it with white churidar. Both of them had color coordinated their outfit which were making them treat for eyes of people present there.

Few minutes later, Raj's parents came with a box which had engagement ring from groom's side while Jenny was holding ring from bride's side.

Between claps and cheers, they both slipped ring in each other's finger which was followed by lines of people congratulating the stunning pair. Raj was holding Rita's hand all the time... their fingers laced with each other. Rita looked affectionately at her love...which now has become her life too. Raj too, glanced at her. They both were seeing happily ever after reflected in each others eyes.

🖤🖤🖤END🖤🖤🖤

A/N :-

Yes...its finally over.🥁🥁
I hope you liked this beautiful ending as much I liked writing it.
This book will always be dear to me since it is my first work.
Thanks for being part of Rita's adventurous journey.
Lots of love.😘

P.S - Would you guys mind checking out my new book 'One and Only'. Its beautiful romantic story with pinch of mystery and revenge saga, which I am sure will touch your heart.⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 3.9K 35
**Winner of Wattpad India Awards 2020** **Shortlisted in the Horror/Paranormal genre for Wattys India** "Open your eyes, Avish. I'm not here to hurt...
134K 11.1K 54
Their lives were going smoothly with friendship ,care and love.. untill one day!! _________________________________ She felt something inside her bre...
36.5K 4.2K 84
| 𝔉𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔡 x 2 | Book 1 in the FORTRESS series Spirits. Ghosts. Apparitions. Rudra Sharma doesn't believe in any of it. He has always been a...
534 77 16
Prologue: Then she hears something else, Something calling out to her, she couldn't hear it but sense it, It sounded like human but not human. Some...