Fairy Tail x Reader

By deadpoolxxlux

A safe place to be yourself and fall in love with your favorite characters!!! I will not judge, you will no... More

authors note
Gray x Reader ~ Scars
Natsu x Reader ~ Coma
Loke x Reader ~ Acceptance
Cobra x Reader ~ Connected
~Rogue x Reader x Sting~
I Choose Sting~
I Choose Rouge~
Jellal x Reader ~ Faithful
Laxus x Reader ~ Mistakes
Loke x Reader ~ Celestial Spirit?
Gray x Reader ~ Love of Art
Jackal x Reader ~ Wait For Me
Natsu x Reader ~ Reunion
Gajeel x Reader ~ People Change but Love Doesn't
Mard Geer x Reader ~ Movie Night
Rogue x Reader ~ Crazy, Stupid Love
Natsu x Reader - Soccer Boy
Cobra x Reader - Bullies
Bickslow x Reader - Misconception...
Edolas!Natsu x Reader - Confidence
Romeo x Reader ~ Time
Sting x Reader - Hatred
Rogue x Reader - Wasn't Meant to Be
Lyon x Reader - Oblivious
Gajeel x Reader - Alone
Zeref x Reader - The Beauty in Destruction
Dad!Gray x Mom!Reader - Love Story
Natsu x Reader x Sting
Natsu Ending - Appreciation
Sting Ending - I'm Sorry
Loke x Reader - Trails
Laxus x Reader - It Was Always You
Cobra x Reader - Drug
Gray x Reader - Thank you
Dragon Slayer's x Reader - Mating Season
Laxus Ending - Perfectly Imperfect
Rogue Ending - In Each Other's Presence
Gajeel Ending - Something Real
Sting Ending - I'm Not Sure
Natsu Ending - I'm Sure
Gray x Reader - A Letter to You
Zeref x Reader - Feared
Natsu x Reader - Soulmate
Cobra x Reader - Drug PT. 2
Sting x Reader - Protection
Natsu x Reader - Departure
Sting x Reader - Lingering Eyes

Lyon x Reader - The Love in Hate

5.8K 156 52
By deadpoolxxlux

I know most of y'all are feisty and would stand up to the world, so don't get mad that I made you docile and submissive. The story is great though and I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way. :)

Maybe today wasn't going to be as bad as the others. Maybe today you would be able to get through this day without any disturbances, any silly pranks or jokes. You were always a hopeful thinker and the universe never seemed to grant those wishes.

Screams of joy and loud voluminous roars of laughter echoed through the student infected halls as you stood drenched. Someone had balanced a large cup of milk on the door, that just so happened to fall upon your entrance. You were soaked in a terrible smelling white liquid, milk that was probably out of date. Your gray sweater, which was brand new, would suffer such horrible stains you would have to throw it out.

You couldn't see what was surrounding you, and were quite glad for it. The milk had covered you large black rimmed glasses to the point where all you saw was white, and you hoped that you were heaven. But there were no devils in heaven, and that laugh, one deep yet light, as if from a royal prince himself, belonged to a demon.

"Good one Lyon!" One of his friends expressed with a high five to display just how good it was. Your limbs started to shake as you casted you head downwards. Maybe you were shaking from the cold milk? The milk was far above room temperature. Hopeful thinking once again.

"Yeah, if only she would give more of a reaction. That girl is as dead as a stone." Sherry's velvet voice insulted. You let out a breath to calm yourself down, the shaking had only gotten worse and you were afraid it might be noticeable.

More laughter occurred amongst the crowd, but you could only focus on the very faint yet apparent footsteps that approached you. You saw his sparkling polished black shoes before anything else. They were apparent from under your glasses, even when blurry.

"Hey." He more demanded than anything. The crowd that was bickering around the two of you quieted down to watched. And you knew if you didn't look up, more would be in store. Trying as hard as you could, you suppressed the upcoming anxiety attack and tilted your head up. The sweater you wore surrounded your hands as you wiped your glasses clean.

The white of the milk closely resembled his hair, however you could tell that it was actually blue, a very beautiful pale blue. Still after so many years you didn't know if he had dyed it, or if it was some how natural. What products did her used to get it to stick up so perfectly? You guessed his extremely white hair was the only way his skin looked tan. And finally, the shape and color of his eyes fitted his devil like demeanor. You wondered what they would look like more round, with a spark of gentleness.

"I think you have something of mine." He held out his hand, one that might be soft and gentle despite the calluses. You knew what he meant, he had intrusted, or more like forced, you to complete his homework for him. You really didn't want to do it, some of his classes were slightly harder than the ones you took, but thankfully, not most. You also didn't want to be pushed around, but did you really have a choice?

You swung your bag off of one shoulder so you could open it. Your backpack was very much as wet as you were and you hoped that nothing was harmed or destroyed. As you fetched it, the papers were slightly damp and probably smelled as bad as you did. As you passed them to him you wanted to apologize for their wetness, but didn't have a voice to speak with.

A smile graced his lips, yet it wasn't a genuine one, it was the one he wore to please others, to act as if he was having the time of his life. He turned around and held up the slightly dripping piece of paper. "Maybe not the smartest idea, my homework's soaked!" The people laughed around him as if he was the funniest thing since Kevin Hart. 

In this moment of his eyes not remaining on you, you took as a chance to leave. You ran to the gym locker room where you knew a spare set of clothes were; your gym clothes. You ran so that the horrible milk didn't get any further than your bag and sweater. Your black jeans seemed dry.

Lyon turned back around and saw that you were gone and frowned.

There was a beep on your phone once you had exited the gym locker room and you smiled down at your phone.

Angel: Why are you wearing gym clothes?

You only had five contacts on your phone. These included; Mom, Dad, the pizza place you loved, Demon, and Angel. Demon was Lyon, he had obtained your phone number through the year to tease and insult, but mostly ask for homework status. Angel was some you you've never met, but made your life so much better.

You: My clothes were covered in milk thanks to another prank, had to change. :(

You might have sent a sad face, but talking to Angel put a smile on your face.

"Yo! Milk Chunks! Why are you smiling down at your phone?" 

There was a new nickname after every prank.

You looked up to see that you were walking past the same people who pranked and despised you, Lyon's friends. You didn't reply but sped off towards your next class, your heart fluttering at the vibration your phone made, meaning he had texted back.

Angel: I swear if I was there I would have beaten up all of them >:(

You: No point, wasn't that bad. Only ruined my backpack, which means I may get a new one, and my new sweater that I actually really liked. Other than that, still intact. :)

You loved that he got protective, but never really wanted it. You would hate to see anyone get hurt, even Lyon. No one deserved that. Sherry is questionable though.

Angel: Where'd you get it from?

He would always ask such random question, which you loved answering for some odd reason.

You: Forever 21. Why?

He, however, ignored any questions that questioned his questions.

When he didn't reply you smiled, maybe this time he didn't have a perfect segway to a new topic. Or maybe he got distracted by something good. Either way, you were content. You walked into class with a stupid and dumb grin on your face and sat down without a care in the world. You named him Angel for a reason.

The teacher had just walked in when your phone vibrated one more time. You quickly went to check the message while the teacher was distracted with writing something on the board.

Angel: One day I'll protect you like the Prince I promised you I'd be.

He always referenced something you've never remembered. But you didn't care even the slightest because his texts made me too happy to express. You put away your phone and began to take notes with your almost painful smile.

However there was someone looking at you and as you looked up you locked eyes with his for a second before he turned around like you shocked him. You didn't understand it, but didn't question Lyon, your bully.

...

The next day when you came to school and opened your locker to find a present. It was a black box that had Forever 21's logo attached to the top. Thinking it was a prank, you almost threw it away, Lyon did know your locker number, it was obvious after many, many practical jokes. But something stuck out, a sticky note with messy handwriting, but good enough to read.

A gift from the heavens. - A

It was Angel. You remembered when he found out that you called him Angel and Lyon Demon. He was so incredibly in love with the idea it was hilarious. He liked to milk it for as much as it was worth. That was how you knew it was from him.

You opened the box and almost cried. It was the exact sweater that you threw away last night when you couldn't figure out how to revive it. He had bought you the sweater because it was ruined, that was why he asked.

Angel frequented gifts whenever you were really feeling down. He was the reason you were able to take the horrible torture that was school bullies. He was your Guardian Angel, that was what you told him. And because of that, he thought of an excuse to not tell you who he was, like a secret admirer. It did hurt, yes. But you got over it, everyone has their reasons.

That was who you were, a loving, hopeful and understanding girl that was bullied everyday by the devils themselves led by the demon Lyon Vastia, but saved by your guardian angel.

You had stuffed the box into you bag happily and hurried off to class. When you walked into the cafeteria, you should have known that something would have happened. Nothing happened prior, and something always happened. 

As you walked with your tray to find a place to sit, it was knocked into you face before someone hit it away. You now were covered in food and had no food, wasn't that just great? It was, because that meant that Angel would comfort you and you would feel better.

That was what you told yourself as you exited the cafeteria with a calm heart beat and an apologetic smile, that made someone's heart clench quite badly.

His heart clenched because he hated you. He hated that you would take all the pranks and punishments and not fight back. He hated that you wouldn't react to him, that you wouldn't scream, that you wouldn't let it be his fault.

He hated that sometimes you actually apologised for what happened to you. Just like now, you smiled a smile that said, "sorry, didn't look where I was going."

He hated you to the point where he made sure you didn't break so that he could continue his fun. He hated you to the point that he made sure that you still breathed each and every day so that you wouldn't leave this hellish earth. He hated you to the point that he created a guardian angel to protect you from the demon that was you.

He hated you to the point where he fell in love.

He didn't know this of course, except he did. He did once he realized that he felt more joy in watching you stupidly stare down at your phone with that smile that told him that everything was okay, that your was fine. He realized that the reason he was angry every time you were around him was because he wanted to punch the people that hurt you, which included himself.

He hated you because he knew he couldn't live without you, and that scared him.

He hated you because you didn't remember the perfect childhood that you spent with him. Where he was your prince and would save you each and every day from the dragon.

He hated you because he became that dragon and you let him, because you are just that nice. He hated you because you thought that people change and that change is good, it's how people grow and you let it happen because you had everyone's best interest at heart.

He hated you because you didn't remember his smile, his gentleness, his love.

But in the end he hated himself more.

One day, he told himself, one day I will truly save her, I'll sweep her off her feet and make sure that she is loved by the angel, not the demon that I currently am. One day I'll tell her.

But he knew that day was not today, as he took out his other phone and opened up the messenger app with only one contact, you.

Angel: One day I will save you, so that none of that ever happens again.

And in his head he spoke, "And I will slay that demon that currently hunts you."

"Lyon, are you okay?" Sherry asked after she had realized that he was staring into space for the last five minutes. He turned to her and nodded, though his nod couldn't be a bigger lie. He was anything but okay, because he was still that demon.

This went on for the next year. You were tormented and bullied, falling back to be caught by your guardian angel, not knowing that it was the same person as the demon that had pushed you in the first place.

And Lyon never told you,

until now.

It was the last day of school; graduation. And you had just received your diploma and had sat down with a content smile on your face. You had done it, you had survived. It was finally going to be over, the constant bullying, the constant horror that was highschool, soon you would leave and never come back.

You liked that sound of that.

"Hello fellow classmates and teachers," Lyon has started his speech. And although he made your life a living hell, you were excited for him. He was about to step out into the world and be successful because you knew he had what it took. He was going to take the world by brute force and take what he wants.

Sherry was going to become the model you knew she wanted to be, and meet people that will either make her a worse human being, or better. Either way she was going to succeed, because she too, took what she wanted.

You only wished that the world would have mercy on you and that you will survive. You didn't care for success, but just to be, to live, to be happy. To fall in love, to have a family and support them with all your love. That was all you wanted.

You also hoped that your guardian angel would be somehow thanked for all his kindness towards you and live the best life anyone could think of. You also wished to thank him in person, as he saved you like a guardian angel should.

"There are many things I wish to say as I give my farewell to you all." You almost forgot that he was speaking. You looked up at him as he stood on the stage, he looked different. He looked gentle, composed, his eyes seemed to be round rather than narrow.

"But most of all, I am up here to say sorry. I was a demon as I trampled these halls and treated most people, some more than others, like they were below me. And I want to tell everyone that from this day onward, that is going to change. I will no longer be the devil, no longer look down upon people, no longer be the bully we all knew I was. From this time on I will change into the better person. I will save me princess and I will let the white of the heavens pierce me through and throughout."

You didn't really understand what he was saying, but was happy nonetheless. He had apologized and that was really all you could ask for. After so many years of torture, the fact that he recognized it and owned up to it, made you a little too happy for your own good. You felt like you succeeded. 

You let him change and it worked, just like you knew it would. He became the better, bigger person, that you were proud to know.

But princess? White from the heavens? What was that all about?

Soon enough everything came to a close and you wandered the halls of the school you would never return to again. Replaying all the horrid memories but always finding consolation in your phone, you decided to text Angel.

You: I wanted to thank you, for everything.

The reply came a little too quick.

Angel: Where are you?

For some reason, his response felt panicked instead of the gentle, sweet that it usually was. But you told him and got no reply back.

However, out of nowhere Lyon's group, excluding Lyon, appeared in front of you. They were no longer smiling sadistic smiles, they just looked plain angry. And they wore scowls as they reached to do something.

There were loud footsteps like someone was running.

One guy was quicker than the rest and dumped tomato sauce all over you, drenching your gown, your diploma, your entire being.

"That's our farewell gift, you b-"

You looked up just in time to see someone punch that guy straight across the jaw. He stood with his back to you and you knew who it was, his blue hair gave it away. He continued to fight the group until they simply just ran away.

You didn't know what to think.

Lyon turned and looked at you, took off your cap, wiped some of the tomato off of your glasses before he delicately, with delicate hands, wiped off the tomato from your face. You were frozen as you let him do it.

"I'm sorry, I tried to stop them but they thought I went crazy, apologising and everything. They just didn't understand."

"Understand what?" You asked and he smiled, that beautiful genuine smile you knew he had.

"That I had to save my princess and become the angel that she knew." His voice was so soft compared to when he mocked you and you knew that was the voice Angel had, and you knew that he, was Angel. None of it made sense though.

"Why? Why be the demon and the angel?" He shook his head at you as if he was calming his thoughts or you were simply wrong. You didn't know which.

"Because all the hate that I had for you simply turned to love and I couldn't leave you to die. But I was stubborn and never admitted it to myself. Sorry I took so long to finally save you."

For some reason you were happy with him, him being the angel and the demon. For some reason you liked the outcome. For some reason you forgave him. For some reason you let him kiss you. And for some reason you enjoyed it.

For some reason you didn't care that he was your bully.

For some reason you fell in love.

For some reason you said "yes"

then "I do"

And for some reason you were happy, living out the rest of your life with both your demon and your angel.

And that reason was simple. The only answer you could find as you searched. That reason was because you were undenyably in love with this man, with the blue hair that wasn't dyed as your children appeared with the same color.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

487K 14K 182
"rαe ĸιɴɢ ιѕ α ѕweeт ɴαмe, ιѕɴ'т ιт? yeт ѕoυɴdѕ ѕo dαɴɢeroυѕ." After years going on numerous jobs, finally Rae King, the Dark Enchantress is back. Wi...
80.6K 1.1K 23
One-shots (or short stories, because they're kinda long!) of all our favorites in Fairy Tail! Requests closed! These are all going to use female pro...
357K 12.1K 106
៚ · 🫧 | 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄́ 𝐃𝐔𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘 ❪빛❫ ¹ ⤷ ❛ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑟 𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛 ...
1.2K 2 15
Just like any other cliche you could possibly find out on the internet, Natsu is a highly loved playboy. Any girl would love to be with him, even if...