A Tale of Romans and Slaves |...

By AuthoritarianMeerkat

This is not a happy story. Let's take Percy, for example. He was a poor fisherman's son who was perfectly h... More

Chapter 1: Percy
Chapter 2: Reyna
Chapter 3: Annabeth
Chapter 4: Jason
Chapter 5: Piper
Chapter 6: Frank
Chapter 7: Leo
Chapter 8: Hazel
Chapter 9: Percy
Chapter 10: Piper
Chapter 11: Reyna
Chapter 12: Annabeth
Chapter 13: Leo
Chapter 14: Jason
Chapter 15: Frank
Chapter 16: Hazel
Chapter 17: Leo
Chapter 18: Reyna
Chapter 19: Percy
Chapter 20: Annabeth
Chapter 21: Piper
Chapter 22: Frank
Chapter 23: Jason
Chapter 24: Hazel
Chapter 25: Leo
Chapter 26: Frank
Chapter 27: Percy
Chapter 28: Piper
Chapter 29: Jason
Chapter 30: Hazel
Chapter 31: Annabeth
Chapter 32: Reyna
Chapter 33: Leo
Chapter 34: Jason
Chapter 35: Annabeth
Chapter 36: Percy
Chapter 37: Piper
Chapter 38: Reyna
Chapter 39: Hazel
Chapter 40: Frank
Chapter 41: Percy
Chapter 42: Annabeth
Chapter 43: Piper
Chapter 44: Jason
Chapter 45: Leo
Chapter 46: Hazel
Chapter 47: Frank
Chapter 48: Reyna
Chapter 49: Annabeth
Chapter 50: Leo
Chapter 51: Hazel
Chapter 52: Jason
Chapter 53: Piper
Chapter 54: Reyna
Chapter 55: Frank
Chapter 56: Percy
Chapter 57: Reyna
Chapter 58: Piper
Chapter 60: Jason
Chapter 61: Reyna
Chapter 62: Percy
Chapter 63: Annabeth
Chapter 64: Hazel
Chapter 65: Leo
Chapter 66: Piper
Chapter 67: Percy
Chapter 68: Frank
Chapter 69: Piper
Chapter 70: Reyna
Chapter 71: Annabeth
Chapter 72: Percy
Chapter 73: Jason
Chapter 74: Annabeth
Chapter 75: Leo
Chapter 76: Hazel
Chapter 77: Percy
Chapter 78: Leo
Chapter 79: Frank
Chapter 80: Jason
Chapter 81: Leo
Chapter 82: Annabeth
The End

Chapter 59: Percy

1.8K 64 13
By AuthoritarianMeerkat

I still couldn't believe this was happening.

We had settled in a grass plain. Multiple fires were lit, our wagons were parked a stable distance away, and people were dancing to the music some of our new men were playing. We had just captured lady Hecate's manor, and had 100's of new men, along with tons of food and water, which we had desperately needed.

I sat on the back of a wagon, a glass of wine in my hand. I'd barely had wine before, and the taste was still strange to me. I watched the dancers jealously, wishing I was holding Annabeth against me like Travis was with Katie.

Luke was sitting next to me, also sipping wine. I wondered if there was a girl he wished he was dancing with.

"Let me go," I heard someone say from behind me.

I turned to face the princess, who was sitting in the cell the wagon contained. It was one of Dionysus' specially built ones, for containing slaves.

"You know I'm not going to do that, Princess Thalia," I said tiredly. I know it's kind of weird that I sat on the wagon that contained a prisoner, but she knew Annabeth. If I caught her in a good mood, we'd talk about her.

She rolled her eyes and slumped against the bars of the cell. Her hands were tied with chains instead of rope, because she had chewed her way through the rope that used to bind her.  Princess Thalia was a lot of things, but undetermined was not one of them.

"When my father finds you," She hissed. "He will make you watch as we burn your men, before ripping you limb  for limb."

I turned to give Luke my here we go again look, because this was a usual thing she did, but he was staring at Thalia with a strange look in his eyes, and didn't seem to want to look away.

I took another sip of my wine. Our other prisoners were in other wagons, and I observed them. Dionysus, his wife and son, Hecate, her husband and son. I was still pissed off at the fact we had lost Castor. The first thing he'll do is tell the king, and that's the last thing I want.

I looked up at the stars, wondering if Annabeth was looking at them, too. She was all I ever thought about now.

"Do you honestly think that you will be successful?"

The music stopped, and the dancers let go of their partners. We all turned to Lady Hecate, who had just bellowed those words.

"An army of slaves," She laughed. "Against the night of Rome. You'll all be dead in a year."

Her words cracked through the air like a whip, revealing everyone's deepest fear. I could sense the unease, especially in my new men.

"You're right, we are just an army of slaves," I hoped off my wagon and made my way to her's. "Against the might of Rome."

I could see her smile, thinking she'd won. As if she could dampen my mood.

"But what do the men of Rome fight for?" I asked. "Honour? Money? Power?"

Everyone's attention was on me now.

"Do you know what we fight for?" I asked. "Love. Freedom. Life. And when you compare that to what the Romans fight for..."

I grinned. "...well, the Romans are nothing."

My words were met with a loud cheer, and Hecate's smile melted like hot wax.

"We are an army of slaves!" Travis shouted, pumping his fist in the air. "And we have our king!"

"Percy, king of the slaves!" Katie shouted, clasping his hand in hers.

Others started saying it too, until it became a mantra.

"King of the slaves! King of the slaves! King of the slaves!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 1K 32
"You don't get it, do you, Jason? You're just off doing what YOU think is best for US, and you've been so busy that you've forgotten us completely!"...
7.4K 168 18
After the War with Gaia, Leo Valdez returned to camp half blood with Calypso. Everything goes perfectly for about two weeks, nothing has even been b...
5.3K 291 16
Piper turned to glare at Coach. "Lottie is a friend. No attacking friends!" Coach swallowed and turned to Jason. "Was McLean always this scary?" Jaso...
28.7K 345 10
Ok, so heads up, this is going to be a Pipercy story I'm going to merge two of my favorite types of stories; demigods in high school, and a Percy Jac...