Being Miss Mills

By justusnerds

The Final Battle is over. Now everyone has to get on with their lives. But the Black Fairy has a final trick... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 27

2.4K 91 6
By justusnerds

A book of revelations

Storybrooke (Regina's Mansion)

Regina placed the tray down on the coffee table. "Tea, anyone?" She asked formally and Emma smiled into her coffee mug. She loved Regina's voice when she adopted her regal tone, she found it so sexy, but now was not the time. Oh Miss Swan, what are you doing? 

That 'Queen' voice gets me so hot! 

I'll keep that in mind for later, but for now just concentrate. Regina shot a sly wink to Emma. 

Yes your majesty.

Belle, Tink, and Henry were seated on the sofa and Regina poured tea for both women. Her poor son had been making due with a sports bottle of water that he could hold between his mangled hands and suck on the straw. Regina poured herself a cup and sat down in a love seat opposite them with Emma.

After taking a quick sip Belle placed the cup down and picked up Blue's Book. Belle had invited Tinkerbell along too because she felt that the former fairy should hear what she had to say.

Belle cleared her throat and began. "Inside this book is the history of magic." She hoped her tone would let the others know how serious this was. Regina raised an eyebrow while Tink threw up her hands.

"Whoa, what the hell was Blue doing with this?" 

Belle turned to Tink. "You'll see."

"In the beginning there wasn't 'dark' magic or 'light' magic, there was just magic. This unified magic then created all the different realms, an infinite amount of worlds. Then an event occurred that was so catastrophic that it caused magic itself to rip in two." 

Henry spoke up. "What was the event?" 

Belle turned to him. "The book doesn't say. It's frustrating actually. The book refers to the event time after time as if the reader already knows what the event is but doesn't go into detail." Belle frowned in frustration. "It's almost as if the author of the book is either ashamed to talk about it-"

"Or afraid." Emma finished for her.

"Yes" Belle said. "I thought that too at first, but as I read on I got the feeling that the event was something that was not an accident. That it was planned. The way it's referred to is almost apologetic in some places." 

Regina turned to Tinkerbell. "Did Blue ever say anything about this to the fairies?" 

Tinkerbell shook her head. "No, sometimes a curious fairy would ask about where magic came from or something and Blue would get vague and not give a real answer." Tinkerbell sniffed. "I always knew she was hiding something."

"After this event light magic and dark magic came into existence." Belle continued to explain. "Here's where it gets interesting. Both sides had two guardians, one light one dark. But again the book is vague here, it doesn't explain if the guardians were there before the event happened or if they were created by the event. And it's at this point that The  Author is mentioned for the first time." Henry sat up at the mention of the author while Belle continued to speak. "It seems that The Author is either above or at an equal level with the light and dark. He works independently or with one side or the other at different times, never seeming to have a particular allegiance with either and never doing their bidding."

I hope you're paying attention because I'm starting to zone out. 

Emma! Really. 

I'm sorry, but it sounds like I'm in school again. 

I take it you weren't a very good student. 

I spent most of my time napping in class. The only two things I liked about school was lunch and gym. 

Of course. Well don't you dare nod off now. I would be absolutely mortified if you did. 

Hey, I didn't get much sleep last night. Someone kept me up if you recall. 

Regina covered her sudden blush by taking a sip of her tea, but she did cross her legs at the mention of their nighttime activities. Emma, I am trying to pay attention! 

Okay okay. Emma smirked and tried to focus on what Belle was saying.

"So who were the guardians?" Henry asked.

"The guardian of light was the Sorcerer and the guardian of the dark was a demon that the book does not name. But here's the bombshell, both guardians created assistants to work for them. The Dark One of course was the demon's assistant but the Sorcerer created as his assistant, The Blue Fairy."

They all sat in silence trying to absorb what Belle just told them. 

Holy shit! 

That sneaky little bitch! 

Tinkerbell closed her eyes and rubbed her temples, betraying the fact that her head was spinning from the news. "The light and the dark hated each other and were constantly at odds. But they were both equally balanced so neither side could destroy the other." Belle continued on. "But The Author had different plans. It seems that The Author disliked the split. So that means either he wasn't the cause or he was the cause and simply got bored. The book doesn't say."

It seems to me the book doesn't say a lot of things. Emma nodded.

"The Author decided he would fix things by writing a prophecy. The prophecy." Belle explained.

"The one about the savior." Henry said as a statement and not as a question. 

"Partly, Henry. But there was more to the prophecy. Much more." Tinkerbell frowned at Belle's statement. "The prophecy that The Author wrote goes like this, one day there would be agents on both sides that would work together to reunite the two halves of magic. The author wrote the Dark Curse and gave it to the demon. He then manipulated events so that the Dark One would have to get someone to cast the curse. That person would be the unwitting first agent of The Author."

"Regina." Emma said so softly that the others almost didn't hear her and the brunette looked at the blonde as she herself tried to make sense of the news. Everything that had happened in her life was always because someone else was pulling the strings. She had assumed that the culprits had been her mother and Rumplestiltskin. Now she was being told that her destiny had been mapped out by some author long ago. It was infuriating. She never had a chance. She never had any say in her life. I'm sorry Regina.

All my 'choices'. Everything I ever did, it wasn't my decision! I was just some pawn moved along a chessboard! 

I know. Emma grabbed Regina's hand and held it. Regina looked down at it and smiled. 

Thank you.

"To counter this the author manipulated the Sorcerer into creating a savior. The savior had to be born of true love to be powerful enough to wield enough light magic to do the job."

"The Dark Curse required the savior to be sent into the land without magic to escape its effects." Regina began. "The Sorcerer obviously knew about this. Did Blue?" 

Belle nodded slowly. "She knew before Snow and Charming ever met."

"Son of a bitch!" Emma leaped up from her seat and began to pace angrily, her hands balled into fists so tight her knuckles showed white. She looked like she wanted to hit something. 

Emma calm down. 

"I won't calm down Regina! She played us! She knew!" Emma screamed. Henry's brows knit in confusion. 

"Can you guys still talk to each other telepathically?" 

"Yes Henry" Regina said absently, concentrating her attention on her upset lover. 

"Cool." Henry smiled.

"All this time, Blue kept this a secret?" Tink couldn't believe it and Belle nodded in confirmation. "But what no one knew was that The Author had a plan within the plan. The demon and the Sorcerer thought that the breaking of the curse was just one of the many battles that they fought against each other. But it was actually the first step into bringing the two agents together." Emma stopped pacing and Regina leaned forward. 

"What?" Regina asked with steel in her voice.

Belle swallowed hard before starting. "Rumple's cowardice, him becoming The Dark One, abandoning his son, Baelfire coming to this realm, meeting Emma, having Henry, Regina adopting Henry linking the two of you together. All manipulations of The Author to get the two of you together." Emma and Regina gazed at each other. 

We were supposed to be together? This Author wrote our relationship?

I don't know what to say. This is... Emma I don't know what this is.

"So my moms were always meant to be together?" Henry asked. 

"Yes." Belle smiled, at least there was that bit of good news she thought. "Once the two of you got together you would unite both the light and the dark halves of magic together."

Emma grabbed her coat and started to leave. Regina stood up. Emma stop! 

I gotta get out of here Regina.

Emma! Do not run from this! 

Regina. A tear ran down Regina's cheek. 

Emma you have been running all your life. Please don't run now. I need you here with me. Emma turned and saw the pleading look in her lover's eye. She dropped her coat on the floor and ran to Regina and held her tight. 

I'm sorry, Regina. I promised you I would never leave you. I almost forgot that, thank you for reminding me. 

I love you Emma. 

I love you too Regina. No matter what some dumb book says.

Belle and Tink watched the whole thing in silence with puzzled looks on their faces. "Guys, what just happened?" Henry asked and Emma smiled at her son. 

"Nothing kid. Go on Belle."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 2.8K 30
Emma is married and has three kids when one day Regina moves to a house in her street. Her new neighbor locks herself out of the house and asks her f...
35.8K 1.6K 26
Everyone copes differently with the strong feeling of guilt. For the one person, it's drinking. Another might feel better after gambling, and someone...
8.8K 402 25
Emma stays at Regina's house for a while because the Evil Queen wants to kill her. Or does she? When Regina begins to suspect that her evil half migh...
91.2K 3.6K 22
Regina Mills is missing and Emma Swan, A Detective got payed to Find her. What If This Case will change Emma-and Reginas life forever? Emma's G!P