Love Alone Is Worth The Fight

By newwriter24

Can an immortal live together with mortals? According to Jack Frost, he could. But for how long? Since the re... More

Chapter 1: Mail From Mani
Chapter 2: City of Different Worlds
Chapter 3: John Wulf London
Chapter 4: Blue Glove
Chapter 5: The Titanic Has Set Sealed
Chapter 6: Girls Got Guts
Chapter 7: Taste Like Home
Chapter 9: Not The Only One
Chapter 10: Open Your Eyes
Chapter 11: Bitter Cold Coffee
Chapter 12: What If I'm Ready To Fall
Chapter 13: Time Bomb
Chapter 14: No Way Out
Chapter 15: Echoing Mistakes
Chapter 16: Get Me Back Home
Chapter 17: Believe
Chapter 18: Fight For You
Chapter 19: Gifts & Curses
Chapter 20: Two Worlds
Epilogue
Writer's Notes
Young Bloods - Preview

Chapter 8: Tracked

526 12 3
By newwriter24

It was a stormy Saturday morning in the city. Jack was told to go help Bunny and Sandy's delivery orders. Deep inside Jack knew North just wanted him to stay away from trouble. As if staying away from trouble was least of Jack's problem, he had to wear some new clothes because it was laundry day at the Guardians' place. Tooth and North had a dump load of laundry piling up in the basement to wash.

Not Jack's usually, dress wear. He found a pair of beige khaki pants, a plain white thin sweater, and a navy blue shirt with graffiti art on it. But, he still wore the beanie North gave him. Jack had a flashback from this first week leaving in the city.

"Remember, wear this whenever you go out. It will protect you" smiled North heading Jack a handed knitted cap. Inside the hat, a stitched snowflake with Jack's intitals on it, J.F. Jack Frost.

Jack was on break after delivering several orders around the neighborhood. He sat on a stool inside the bakery while browsing through his Facebook. The bakery was dead, but, Bunny and Sandy had orders to make. It ranged from wedding cakes, crazy Sweet 16 pastries and other baked goods. A smile was all over his face while looking through the tagged photos of him and his new friends. There was several photos of him with Kristoff posing like bodybuilders on top of a rocky hill in Central Park. One photo of him messing with Anna's hair. But, the ones he enjoyed the most was with Elsa.

Who knew Anna had the talent in photography. She took shots on her phone where Jack and Elsa walked side by side on a trail at the park where it was covered in leaves and autumn trees arched over them. A funny one was when she smooched Jack and Elsa together while Anna stood between them. Lastly, two priceless photos that Jack will never forget. One photo of him actually returning that blue gove he found one morning. Elsa was talking about it while the gang was at the park. Eventually, Jack remembered that he still had it. The other photo was Elsa giving Jack a big hug, thanking him. It shocked everybody, especially Jack, he was red as a tomato. Of course, Anna had to capture it.

"Hm, looks like she grew fond of you mate" Bunny stood behind Jack as he took a moment to look at the photos on his phone. Jack's eyes widen and his face turned completely red. "Heh look at ya, you're red as a baboon's ass" Bunny chuckled.

Jack put away his phone. "What's up Bunny? You guys have anything for me deliver?" He said while feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah. Theses" Sandy came out of the kitchen with a stack of boxes. His tiny body had the ability to hold heavy boxes. But, his height caused him to stumble around. Good thing Bunny and Jack helped him out. "Thank you. Now Jack most of these orders are uptown. So you need this." Sandy handed Jack the keys to the bakery's Nissan Titan.

"Seriously? You're letting him drive the truck?" Bunny wasn't too happy at Sandy's decision.

Jack's face was glowing with joy. "Sandy you're awesome!" He grabbed the keys to the truck, the orders, a clipboard with delivery receipts, and an iPad with order information. Then headed out to back of the building.

"Jeez, Sandy why?" asked Bunny. He sat down on Jack's stool, pouting.

"Quit acting like a little -" A truck honking blocked what Sandy was about to say. But Bunny knew what he meant. "C'mon let the little dude have fun. Now lets go make that six layer cake for the Johnson's wedding." Sandy happily danced into the kitchen. Bunny followed him like a brainless zombie pouting.

At the side of bakery was a wide alleyway where the local dump trucks come and pick up trash. There parked a large four door black pickup truck. Jack unlocked the truck and hopped inside. He placed the orders at the back seats. The truck was kinda messy, especially at the front. From soda bottles to burger wrappers scattered onto the floor. On the dashboard slept a black Yankee baseball cap and a blue folded bandana underneath it.

Jack turned on the truck and went about his day. Above the towering building was gray clouds pouring light rain into the city.

After driving around the city and delivering orders, there were a few more deliveries on Jack's list. Jack finished his Big Mac as his lunch and took several sips from his soda cup. He swiped down the business iPad and saw the next order was to be delivered in the Upper West Side. Jack punched in the address onto the truck's navigator and drove away.

It was a rainy Saturday morning in the city. Jack was told by North to go help Bunny and Sandy with their delivery orders. Deep inside Jack knew North just wanted him to stay away from trouble. As if staying away from trouble was least of Jack's problem, he had to wear some new clothes because it was laundry day at the Guardians' household. Tooth and North had a dump load of laundry piling up in the basement to be washed.

Not Jack's usually dress wear, he found a pair of beige khaki pants, a plain white thin sweater, and a navy blue shirt with graffiti art on it. But, he still wore the beanie North gave him. Jack had a flashback from the first day North gave him the hand-knitted cap.

"Remember, wear this whenever you go out. It will protect you," smiled North, heading Jack the cap. Inside the cap, a stitched snowflake with Jack's intitals on it said, "J.F." For Jack Frost.

Jack was on break after delivering several orders around the neighborhood. He sat on a stool inside the bakery while browsing through his Facebook. The bakery was dead, but, Bunny and Sandy had orders to make. It range from wedding cakes, crazy Sweet 16 pastries and other baked goods that neeed to be made.

A smile was all over Jack's face while looking through the tagged photos of him and his new friends. There was several photos of him with Kristoff posing like bodybuilders on top of a rocky hill in Central Park. One photo of him messing with Anna's hair. But, the ones he enjoyed the most was with Elsa.

Who knew Anna had the talent in photography? She took photos on her phone where Jack and Elsa walked side by side on a trail at the park where it was covered in leaves and autumn trees arched over them. A funny one was when she smooched Jack and Elsa together while Anna stood between them.

Lastly, two priceless photos that Jack will never forget. One photo of him actually returning that blue gove he found one morning. Elsa was talking about it while the gang was at the park. Eventually, Jack remembered that he still had it. The other photo was Elsa giving Jack a big hug, thanking him. It shocked everybody, especially Jack, he was red as a tomato. Of course, Anna had to capture it.

"Hm, looks like she grew fond of you mate" Bunny stood behind Jack as he took a moment to look at the photos on Jack's phone. Jack's eyes widen and his face turned completely red. "Heh look at ya, you're red as a baboon's ass" Bunny chuckled.

Jack put away his phone. "What's up Bunny? You guys have anything for me deliver?" He said while feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah. Theses" Sandy came out of the kitchen with a stack of boxes. His tiny body had the ability to hold heavy boxes. But, his small height caused him to stumble around, because he couldn't see. Good thing Bunny and Jack was there to help him out.

"Thank you. Now Jack most of these orders are uptown. So you need this." Sandy handed Jack the keys to the bakery's Nissan Titan.

"Seriously? You're letting him drive the truck?" Bunny wasn't too happy at Sandy's decision.

Jack's face was glowing with joy. "Sandy you're awesome!" He grabbed the keys, the orders, a clipboard with delivery receipts, and an iPad with order information. Then headed out to back of the building.

"Jeez, Sandy why?" asked Bunny. He sat down on Jack's stool, pouting.

"Quit acting like a little -" A truck honked it's honk, blocking what Sandy was about to say. But Bunny knew what he meant. "C'mon let the little dude have fun. Now lets go make that six layer cake for the Johnson's wedding." Sandy happily danced back into the kitchen. Bunny followed him like a brainless zombie pouting.

At the side of bakery was a wide alleyway where the local dump trucks came and picked up the trash from the dumpsters. There parked a large four door black pickup truck. Jack unlocked the truck and hopped inside. He placed the orders at the back seats. The truck was kinda messy, especially at the front. From soda bottles to burger wrappers scattered onto the floor. On the dashboard slept a black Yankee baseball cap and a blue folded bandana underneath it.

Jack turned on the truck and went about his day. Above the towering buildings was gray clouds pouring light rain onto the streets.

After driving around the city and delivering orders, there was a few more deliveries on Jack's list. Jack finished his lunch, a Big Mac, and took several sips from his soda cup. He swiped down the business iPad and saw the next order was to be delivered in the Upper West Side. Jack punched in the address onto the truck's navigator and drove away.

"Ugh another delivery" Jack turned on the radio and a CD started playing some old school tracks. From the radio, one song started off with a smooth harmonica solo, then came on the singer. Jack joined in by singing the chorus of the song. "Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon…."

Jack arrived to the Upper West Side, he took several turns and drove through narrow streets that led to a rich neighborhood. He made a turn to a street called Kane Street. "Now where is 459?" he asked to himself. The rain started to pick up, a sudden rain shower appeared in the area.

"Great rain. Why can't I turn it to snow?" He extended his hand towards the dashboard window, aiming at the falling rain, but, didn't do nothing. "Orders are orders" He sighed. Jack definitely can control his powers, but, his emotions can trigger him to lose control of it.

He found 459. It was lavious townhouse with old architectural designs. Jack parallel parked his truck in an open space not far from the house. He gotten the hang of driving even though, he took his driver's test a couple weeks ago. No magic was used. Jack had a lot of experience of driving from golf cars to dune buggies. The humans in golf parks or desert resort thought the vehicles were haunted because of the no driver scenario.

Jack ran up the concrete steps of the house and rang the doorbell. He was getting wet by the pouring rain. Unfortunately, he forgot to grab an umbrella at the bakery before leaving. It's alright he used the bandana from the truck to keep the small delivery box dry. "C'mon c'mon, open the door" Jack was starting to get impatience.

The voice coming behind the door didn't sound that gracefully at all, "Whatever Luke! Just shut up! I need to answer the door."

Another voice was heard and was arguing with the voice behind the door. "Future King Luke to you, Hans-erella!" The voice by door cussed, "It's Prince Hans. Great it right!"

The front door swung open and out of the blue was Hans. His hair was not comb and was wearing a wrinkled shirt and sweat pants. Either way he just woke up or he was too lazy to get dressed. He didn't looked too jolly.

"Afternoon sir," Jack had to follow business policy to act politie to clients, regardless if he knew them. "Here's your order." He handed Hans the dry box of baked pastries. Hans was shocked to see that random new kid from school.

"You're that new kid." Hans said. "Hm who knew a weirdo like you got a job." He smirked, snatching the box off Jack's hands.

Jack didn't like being called a weirdo or a freak. Soon, one of his hands started forming snow and ice particles around his palm. He quickly stopped it by stuffing his hand into his pant's pockets. Hans looked at him with confusion when Jack looked around the neighborhood.

"Hey kid you alright? You're freaking me?" said Hans. Jack stopped and focused his attention on Hans. "Hey Roger! Come get the order." Hans called someone inside the house.

Roger was large bodybuilder guy with a mountain man beard. He had similar hair color as Hans. Also, he had more of a powerful voice, yet had the mouth of a sailor and street banger. "You know you forgot to say please, Hans-erella." Roger took the box away from his little brother. He went inside to another room of the house. "Hey the krumkakes are here! Bitches!" Jack heard a group of men laughing and hollering.

"Heh, having a frat boy party there?" Jack chuckled while taking out the clipboard underneath his arm.

"Ha ha very funny, kid. Those are just some my older brothers. Their just visiting me from Europe." said Hans. He took out his wallet and paid Jack the right payment.

"Hey you should already know my name, Hans" Jack acknowledge him. It's true, Hans and Jack had some classes together. But Hans was too selfish or narcissistic to notice him or at least know his name.

"And that would be?" Hans leaned against the door, his arms crossed. "Jack. Jack London" Jack reintroduced himself. "Whatever Jack. Anything else you gotta say. It's getting cold outside" Hans shivered.

"Yeah here's your recipient. And you need to sign this." Jack handed Hans his recipient and the clipboard to sign. "Hold I need to get a pen." Hans ran inside the house before Jack could handed him a pen from his pocket.

Inside the house, Hans found a pen. But he dug out a small vial from his pocket. He unscrew the cork and sprinkled scarlet dust onto the tip of the pen.

Jack diligently stood outside in the rain, waiting for Hans to come back with a pen. He did and signed the paper. The ink bleeded through the paper and small particles danced around the paper.

"Have a good day sir." said Jack as he left Hans's front door and raced back to his truck.

Hans closed the door, but peaked through the door's glass window. He watched Jack drove away. Then took out his phone and called someone. "Yeah. He's locked on. Ready to be tracked" Hans said it like he was in a mission.

In the other end of the phone, an evil satisfied laugh was heard. "Nice work. Send the call to the others." The mysterious voice hang up on Hans.

Hans sent out a text to someone. On the screen, it typed out,

"Time for the distraction. Kill off whoever gets in your way. Orders from the boss."

Hans pressed send. A sinister smiled wrapped around his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 204 39
Pitch stood beside Elsa's bed, his mouth twisted in a sinister smile as he watched the golden sand moving above Elsa's forehead, forming images of yo...
2.3K 169 26
This is obviously a Jack x Elsa fan-fiction. I may not be the best writer, but here it goes. I know my story may not capture your attention or it mig...
8.3K 235 27
Elsa Arendelle and her sister Anna attend Capitol High Boarding School after their parents died in a car crash. Anna loves it there, but Elsa hates i...
7.1K 239 21
The winter guardian lost the love of his life, what will he do to get her back? Will he even try to get her back? What is he willing to do? The world...