Writing Kiwi's Prompts

By hopestar524

These are all in response to @SpicyKiwiWrites 's "Pack + Sidemen Story Prompts". Check it out if you haven't... More

Description
Dedication and Appreciation
Singing
Not so Mini
Sidemen FC
Sidemen FC Fluff
Control
X~ Marriage
GTA
X~ Free!
Birthdays
SidemenClothing
Simon's Sidemen Q&A
Piano
The Knights of Princess Vikkstar
X~ CAH smut prompt

Birds

162 6 11
By hopestar524

Prompt: This story takes place in the Sidemen house. One of the Sidemen of your choice is naturally good with animals, so when another animal (or multiple animals) gets into the house after the first bird incident, the Sideman you chose secretly decides to keep the animal(s) in his room as a pet/friend. How do the other react when they find out? And how do they find out? Does the Sideman keep suspiciously not eating his dinner and bringing it up to his room? Or are there strange noises coming from said Sideman's room? It's your choice whether to give the Sideman one bird, or transform his room into an animal reserve.
Bonus- If the Sidemen let him keep the animals, and even more bonus if they give him a nickname like Snow White.
Bonus- For cute descriptions of furry animals being adorable.

Choice 1 with all Bonuses

Simon would be lying if he said he didn't have a soft spot for animals. He loved creatures of all kinds, especially ones you could have as pets. He always wanted lots of pets, and often found himself to be saddened by his lack of pets. He was glad to have his dog at home, don't get him wrong, but he missed being able to really have a pet. He only ever got to see his dog while visiting his parents, which he didn't do very often. What Simon really wanted was a pet in the Sidemen house, but he knew that could never happen. Josh didn't want any pets, and Vik was too busy to care for himself. That didn't make Simon's aching for a pet any less, though. So when the opportunity to get his own kind of pet, Simon wasn't going to let it slip by him.

It had been a nice day outside, the temperature for once not freezing and the sky remained a bright blue. Simon had decided to enjoy some fresh air, and therefore opened his window before he began the task of editing. The boy smiled as he could smell the fresh air, making the meticulous act of editing a little less stressful. He had gotten maybe an hour into the process when he began to hear soft chirping. Simon paused the audio he had been listening to, noticing how the now loud chirping continued. Simon removed his headset, confusion masking his features as he turned towards hid open window. There, stood upon his windowsill, was a small bird. The poor creature looked hurt, its wing bent at an odd angle and Simon swore he could see blood.

The blond rushed to action, standing up from his chair and approaching the window. He stopped short as soon as his mind caught up with him. Even if this bird was injured, he still shouldn't touch it. No other bird would go near it if it smelt like human. But that poor little creature looked at Simon and let out the saddest little chirp. Simon gave up on his previous thought, moving to collect a small box he had sitting around. He also found some old socks he didn't need anymore. Soon enough, the box had become a safe place for the small creature. Simon slowly walked closer, the bird letting out a cheep as it began jumping around slightly on the sill. Simon moved the box right under the ledge of the window, and the small bird hopped right in. It snuggled up to the padded sides of the box, letting out happy chirps all the while. Simon laughed, looking down at the small bird within the box. The blond carefully moved the box, placing the animal onto his bed. The bird began to sing, and Simon couldn't erase the smile off his face. The creature was so cute, he couldn't understand how it could get hurt. It then began to register in his head that if he wished to care for a bird, he would have to find it food.  And water.

Within the next five minutes, Simon found himself downstairs rummaging through the cereal cabinets. He had already found a water bottle with a big enough cap to use as a bowl for his new friend. The current issue had become food. They had no popcorn, like he originally hoped for, and he would have to find the most boring cereal they had. The best he could find thus far was Vik's Froot Loops, but Simon would be a dead man if he took some of those. However, if it meant that his new friend would be safe...

Josh came down at the worst time possible. Simon was hunched over a boy, trying to secretly and silently pout some of Vik's favorite cereal into it. Josh froze as he entered the kitchen, looking oddly at the blond who hadn't noticed him yet. When Josh spoke up, it resulted in Simon jumping.

"Since when do you eat Froot Loops?" Simon had let out a small squeak when he jumped, spinning around and hiding the box. As he saw it was only Josh in the doorway, he relaxed.

"Since now." Simon's statement was slightly defensive, so Josh raised his hands in defeat.

"Was just wondering. No need to bite my head off, I'm not gonna tell." Simon nodded shortly at Josh before returning the box and running off upstairs. As Simon passed, Josh couldn't help but notice it was a bowl of dry cereal. Josh shook his head, assuming the blond was just in one of his moods where he tries to be different just for the sake of doing so. Josh knew better than to question anymore if that was the case. You never wanted to see Simon when he got pissed during those moods. Josh nearly shivered at the memory.

Upstairs, Simon carefully gave his new friend a cap full of water and a Froot Loop with the spoon he had grabbed. The bird had chirped thankfully, biting the Froot Loop and drinking the water. Simon smiled and watched, completely forgetting about his editing that needed to be done. He spent the next twenty minutes refilling the bird's water and giving him more cereal when the current piece was gone. During the time, Simon got to have a nice conversation with the crippled critter.

"So I've decided your a boy, I dunno you just seem like one. And if we're going to be friends, I need to have a name for you. How about Bob? No, you don't seem to like Bob. Joe? No, not that one either. How about Steve?" The bird stopped his current action, tweeting at Simon happily. "Steve it is little buddy. Well it's nice to meet you, Steve. My name is Simon. I will gladly help you until you begin to feel better, then you can fly off and live happily." The bird chirped, snuggling into the socks around the box.

Weeks passed, little Steve healing up sucessfully as Simon cared for the injured bird. He was honestly shocked Vik hadn't noticed his cereal reserve draining. The tall blond was also surprised that none of his housemates ever noticed the bird noises. They would come from his room at odd intervals throughout the day.

What Simon didn't know, however, was that his housemates had all suspected the worst. Simon was always acting odd, rarely ever talked to the others, ran away to his room with seemingly no notice, and turned down their offers for food or to hang out. They all assumed Simon was dealing with a phase of self-loathing and depression. When Vik and Josh had brought it up to JJ, the boy told them to leave Simon alone. JJ said that this was normal, and Simon would get over it soon. So, Josh and Vik didn't press it. It wasn't until JJ ran off to go "evolve" and Simon still hadn't gotten over it that Josh decided to investigate. The eldest knocked on Simon's door, trying his hardest to be gentle. The blond, upon hearing the knock, quickly moved the box off his bed. Steve chirped out, confused by the sudden movements. Simon shushed the bird and opened the door just enough for his face.

"Yes, Josh?"

"Hey Si, just wanted to know if we could talk." Simon contemplated this, realizing he'd have to finish feeding Steve first if he wanted him to stay quiet.

"Maybe in a couple minutes? I just gotta finish up something really quick and then-" The rest of Simon's statement was cut off by Josh. The eldest sounded desperate in the phrase, confusing the blond.

"Now, please?" Simon nodded, stepping out of his room and closing the door behind him. Josh sighed, running a hand through his hair before speaking. "Look Simon, I don't know what's going on right now. JJ just said it was normal for you to go through reclusive phases every so often, but he wouldn't say much else. I'm just a little worried about you, and so is Vik. We've been living together for what, almost four years? I have never seen you get like this, and I'm only concerned for your wellbeing." Simon stood still for a few minutes, letting the words sink in. Then, the blond began to laugh. Josh could only watch on worriedly.

" Is that what JJ told you? Ha, the reason why he thinks I go through phases of recluse is because there are times where I turn down going out to party with him. I'm fine, Josh. Just been dealing with a little something. It's all good though, don't worry."

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me if something is-" Josh's words were cut off by a thud against the door, and then loud and obnoxious chirps. Simon's eyes widened, looking to Josh quickly before looking away. "What is that?"

"Nothing! Nothing at all. I don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe you should go now Josh, are you sure you're alright?" The loud thuds continued, until one particularly loud one. That one was followed by one loud, pained chirp before the noise stopped. Josh's presence escaped Simon's mind at that moment, recognizing the noise of pain. "Steve!" Josh looked at the blond, more confused than ever. Simon quickly and carefully opened his door enough to get back in, and gasped at the sight. There was Steve, his past injuring seeming to have reopened. Simon scooped the small bird up, placing him back into his box. The bird let out another squawk of pain as Simon picked him up, the blond shushing him. Once Steve was situated back in his box, Simon carefully refilled his water. Josh had entered into Simon's room at this point, watching the blond boy's busied movements. Josh slowly walked over to Simon once he stopped moving; now the tall blond was whispering to something on the other side of his bed. Josh rounded the corner of Simon's bed, not knowing what to expect this 'Steve' to be. Josh nearly cooed as he saw the blond knelt over a cardboard box, a small blue bird curled up inside. The bowl of dry Froot Loops sat beside the box, as well as a capless water bottle. Upon further inspection, Josh could see the cap was filled with water and placed carefully into the box. Simon was slowly stroking his finger down the bird's back, causing the bird to squal out less.

"Is this what you've been up to?" Simon nodded, choosing not to speak. He knew Josh would get upset at him for keeping the bird, telling him to let the poor thing go. "He's quite cute. I assume that it's been a lot of work helping him. How'd you find him?" Simon sighed out before speaking.

"I had my window open one day while editing. This little guy landed on the sill and he looked so hurt. He gave me the look, Josh, and I just couldn't turn him down." Josh chuckled, kneeling down on the opposite side of the box. The blond looked up, confused as to why Josh hadn't yelled yet.

"Hey there. I'm assuming you're Steve. My name's Josh, and I hope Simon here has been taking good care of you." The bird let out a happy chirp, nuzzling into Simon's hand. Josh chuckled again, looking up at Simon. The blond made eye contact with Josh before quickly looking away. "Why didn't you tell any of us?"

"I didn't want you to tell me to get rid of him. He needed help, Josh. He still does. He can't fly quite yet, but he's doing so well. He can finally flap his wings again." Simon sounded like a proud parent in that moment, and Josh just wanted to hug Simon tight.

"Why would we make you get rid of him? He's in your room, and you're an adult ya know." Josh chuckled at the end, Simon shrugging. "Well, I certainly have no problem with little Steve here. Feel free to keep him, and I'll let Vik know his cereal is going to good use." Simon now let out a chuckle, rooming his hand from the bird. He kept eye contact with Josh this time, smiling.

"Thank you, Josh."

"No problem man. Just keep me up to date on little Steve here, and we're all good."

Simon did keep Josh up to date on Steve, nearly driving the older crazy talking about the small bird. Josh found it cute to watch Simon ramble about a small animal though, so Josh ignored any annoyance he might have felt. The only thing Josh did begin to do, however, was call Simon nicknames. The Bird Whisperer, Snow White, Steve's Keeper, and the like. Vik though they were hilarious, and Simon didn't seem to mind them. Vik, upon being informed of the situation, demanded he speak to the monster who had been eating all his cereal. Vik joking scolded the bird, Steve not understanding a word of it. What Steve did understand, however, was that the word cereal was his food. He began to chirp with delight when he heard the word, and Vik got to feed him some.

Soon enough, the fateful day came. Steve could now fly again, and Simon couldn't be sadder. He didn't want to see Steve go, loving his pet. Josh and Vik both stood with Simon as he placed Steve onto the windowsill. Steve looked around, before he jumped off the ledge and began fluttering his wings. The bird happily flew off, Simon nearly in tears. Josh comforted him afterwards, promising him that Steve was happier now. Simon tried his best to be happy for Steve, but he still missed his pet.

It would be two weeks later that Simon sat himself down to edit again, ignoring the beautiful day outside. Once again, Simon opened his window to let in some fresh air. He sighed, remembering that this was how he met Steve. Simon nearly began to hear up, but something distracted him. Simon wiped away his tears, only to be met by Steve. Steve now had another bird with him, the stomach looking to be bigger than Steve's. Simon squealed, calling Josh into his room. The boy, who had been about to go to sleep, rolled out of bed and went to the blond. Upon entering his room, he laughed at the sight.

"Josh, look! Steve came back, and he found himself a woman! Looks like he got her knocked up too!" Josh chuckled at Simon's behavior, walking over to the window as well. Steve stood proud next to another blue bird, singing at Simon occasionally. Josh smiled and sat on Simon's bed, watching the happy reunion. Eventually, Steve left once again when the other bird began to tweet occasionally. Simon wished them goodbye and good luck, smiling as they flew off.

"Wow, your pet bird got himself a woman before you could even get one on a date with you." Simon spun and glared at Josh, diving towards the older boy.

"That's it, Josh!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 2.3K 198
Destigmatising the common preconception of One shots and the general overshadowing layer of creepyness they come with. LET'S TURN THE WHOLE THING ON...
4.9K 132 22
just a set of imagines or oneshots based on the otp if you particularly like any of them i could consider making a part 2 (if requested) will be upd...
105K 927 35
Oneshots and other things to do with the Sidemen. Hope you enjoy! *Basically discontinued at this point*
133K 2K 51
So I decided to do one shots alongside my actual story. I am currently NOT taking personal requests. Hope you enjoy! :) (This one shot series is now...