My Past (Alphonse X reader)

By Clau849

My past is my worst enemy. I will learn to forget, someone will save me, it's not like I haven't been saved b... More

5 Months Ago
Don't Hurt Me, Please?
Monster
Reckless
I Know about It
Human Transmutation
Humanity
Memories
It's Been a While
What have I Become?
Change
Human or Monster?
Night
Alive
Alone
Liar
Like a Brother
Feeling
Happiness
Friendship?
Formality
Stop Staring!
Seriously
Dear Al
A Friend
Happy Memories
Truth
Torture
Dreams
A Walk in the Park
What do I do?
Lost
The Truth
Hope
Bullets
Death
We Only Have One Life
Parting Ways
Father
Cruel Truth
Assault
Goodbye Al
I Love You
All the Love I Can
Burned Past
An End and Beginning
The End
I'm still here
A Beating Heart

The Final Battle

496 20 1
By Clau849

I was briefed on the plans they were making. Terror coursing through me. I didn't know what to think, a hope that Al could be back in his real body kept a smile on my face. We planned over months for the day.

Yet again months went by, Ed and Al stayed with Roy and I. Al and I getting closer than anyone else. I still cried at night, but sometimes Al would hold me till I slept, I would stay awake with him too and we would just talk. I hadn't seen May Chang, Lan Fan, Fu or Ling since that day, they'd gone out to do something or other. Roy had told me about the homunculi by then, a new fear that I'd never thought about. The last battle had risen then. The last battle we fought in that is. Ed and Al had untied with Hohenhiem, a battle with pride I didn't witness happened too. I'd been to ill to help them, my whole body was weak and slowly crumbling. I had stayed in Central with Roy, aiding his start in the battle.

I remember special moments, Ed aiding me after a fight, can't remember the name of my challenger. Al and I's chats through the nights, us travelling around central.

The battle begun. Roy began battle, Mrs Bradley a hostage, he had told me to stay out of the conflict, so I did. I watched as smoke rose into the sky, gunshots ringing out fear running through me. I ran into Central without thought, I knew I'd be in danger but the lives of Roy and his soldiers mattered more.

'MS YOU CANT GO IN THERE.' I chased after me, I ran through still, straight into a free room, narrowly missing being seen.

'BRIGG'S MEN ARE COMING IN!' I heard voices, the plan was working.

Slowly I changed rooms, I needed to find someone who'd let me help. My alchemy is a lot stronger than it was, then my alchemy was only a small portion of what it is now.

Armstrong was the only one I could go to, but then that would ruin the plan, why had I gone there? That's all I could think.

As I searched all I could a body fell outside a door, a bullet wound to the head. All I could do was run again, Olivier Armstrong was doing well in the plan. I sprinted out of Central toward Alex Armstrong, but before I left my hand laid on the door my feet lay firmly on the ground, I couldn't move.

'Ma'am what're you doing here.' I soldier held a gun up to me.

'I'm scared.' I acted aloof, a fake fear covered my face. 'My friends are caught in the crossfire.'

'Ah. Sorry for pointing a gun to you.' He put his gun away, my hair hiding the smirk on my face. 'Please follow me ma'am we'll protect you.'

'Why would you. My life is expendable.' I grabbed his collar and pushed him into the door. 'Tell me, what do you plan to do to Roy and his soldiers?'

I heard shouts throughout the building, Olivier Armstrong's fight was starting.

'I don't know I swear!' He was flailing like a child. 'Please let me go.'

'Wow you fear a frail person like me, but don't even think to draw your gun. Glad I have it now.' I pressed it to his forehead, a weird confidence pulses through me. 'Promise me your telling the truth. I don't want to hurt anyone.'

'I SWEAR PLEASE!' I removed the gun from his head, staring into his tear filled eyes.

'Tell your friends that one of the (l/n) family is here.' I looked behind at him, he stared back in confusion. 'I'm sure your general will love to hear that.'

I paused again, the noise from Armstrong had gotten so much louder, it seemed Alex had joined her. It was my turn to search for Roy, they could handle themselves.

I ran past the guards again, through the streets, chasing an unknown location. I saw smoke rising outside of town, to far for Roy, fear commencing, it could've been Al, I knew in my heart it was. I still ran away from it, I was searching for Roy, I had to believe in Al, I had to. I pushed through crowds of people, past soldiers, some of them screaming at me to stop, saying it wasn't safe. The smoke from where Al was grew bigger, fighting back tears I continued running, the smoke continuing to grow.

'STOP.' A hand grabbed me, pulling me towards them. 'YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO GO FURTHER.'

'I DON'T LISTEN TO LOW LIVES LIKE YOU!' With that I kicked him away, continuing to run, adrenaline flowing through me.

'GET BACK OR I'LL SHOOT.' His voice pierced the air, seconds later shots ringing out.

I transmuted a wall, not quick enough, bullets ripped into my shoulder.

'Damn she's an alchemist!' I heard them shouting out, a group preparing to attack me. 'She's probably with Mustang attempting to rendezvous. SHOOT TO KILL.'

I sprinted as fast as I could, transmuting blockades to prevent being shot.

'STOP IT!' I transmuted a pillar to knock out the group, running as fast as I could to protect myself.

That's when I heard the radio, Ms Bradley, she spoke with a frightened voice. Apparently Bradley's men tried to kill her, the plan was going too well. I still ran towards where I believed Roy was. Another group of soldiers came up to me, then another. I was surrounded.

'SHOW YOUR HANDS!' I did as instructed 'KNEEL DOWN!'

I followed the orders feebly. Tears streaked down my cheeks.

'Do you even know why you're fighting?' I asked quietly, just loud enough for them to hear. 'Why do you hold your guns up to me and try to shoot me? Yes, I denied orders to stay back, but what if I was helping you? So what if I was rendezvousing with Roy? Couldn't you follow me then, that way I'd be helping you.'

I looked up through a gap in my hair...

_________________________
End of Chapter 31
(I'm trying to keep as close to the anime as possible, so the next few parts will take a while since I'm rewatching the battle. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also thanks for 100 reads on the first chapter! Thanks so much for reading.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 9.4K 65
He's Fullmetal. She's Halfmetal. Same, but different. They weren't supposed to meet, ever. SAME: Éclair Elanie, is just a not-so-normal girl with t...
54.7K 1.7K 42
Wanting to become a great alchemist you meet Edward Elric. You fall in love and soon you climb up to be Furhur. Having a son and being happily marrie...
266K 8.5K 23
Running from your past isn't a great way to face it. Luckily, you have someone that's always there for you But what if that's isn't enough to save y...
267 0 13
OK SO! I am alive in terms of writing any story aside from Zen and Amy. Just that one is kind of the only one I am having ideas for. Anyways I decide...