Change

I knew it was inevitable, that Alphonse had to let me go, and when he did my body still lay crumpled on the floor. I saw Al's hand reach out to help me up, but if I held it I would never want to let go.

'Please (y/n), it's alright, no one is mad. We were all a little shocked ok? After what happened we should of guessed, so I'm sorry.' Al, all of me wanted to shout at him for saying he's sorry, it's my fault, when hasn't it been my fault?

'You're sorry, you did nothing wrong and you know that. I shouldn't have shouted,' I finally got up, I couldn't look at anyone, I watched as Al slowly withdrew his handed, almost sad I didn't take it.

'(Y/n) I know you want to see him alone but it's not a good idea please just take my word for it.' I know now why he said that, at the time I was so angry, but why?

'I'm going, I'll see you all later.' And with that I walked out, I know they shouted things to try and stop me, but I'd blocked everything out, only quiet murmuring was all that hit my ears.

Soon after I made it, I walked in with confidence and fear all at the same time. I spoke to someone, I'm unsure who, but they took me to where he was. His body was chained to a hospital bed, his head was shaved with stitches all over. I had caused him this much damage. His turned his head towards me, his eyes were swollen and red, his lips in a small grin.

'You came back,' his words were croaky and weak, I had reduced him to this. I knew I was staring at him with my wide (e/c) eyes, my body frozen in fear.

'I, I did this... I'm so sorry,' I was crying now, still staring into his dark eyes, his grin tormenting me.

'Haha, I was nearly dead, you really hate me, and yet I'm going to jail after this. You got new automail?' He spoke casually, like nothing ever happened.

'Yeah, the boy that helped me had a friend who was a mechanic, they paid for them and everything, I can't thank them enough,' I really couldn't, they gave me high class automail for nothing, just to help some random girl on the street for no good reason.

'That's nice, so where is your prince and his henchman now?' Prince? He wasn't my prince, no way and Henchman, Al to me was a warrior, a leader.

'Still in central. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done this I just couldn't... I... I' the tears kept coming, I knew I couldn't keep them in anymore. The small tears I cried before turned into a stream.

'You're a monster, at least you know that and can apologise for it. One day you'll end up in big trouble though, what would happen if your parents saw what you did to me? Do you think you could afford anymore automail?' He wasn't wrong, he was trying to get me angry and scared but it wouldn't work.

'A monster doesn't go down without a fight, they would be the ones needing automail.' How could I say this, about my own parents. They hated me for not being killed instead of my brother but, I was a kid.

'How heartless, you're turning into your parents now aren't you?' Turning into them? Those monsters, monsters just like me...

'I wouldn't hurt my child, not even if my life depended on it.' My voice was flat and plain, only a soft monotone murmur.

'But you would hurt another human being, isn't that just someone else's child?' He was trying to mess with my head, why was I letting it work.

'It doesn't matter, if they're in the wrong then-' he cut me off, 'they have the right to hurt you too then, since they believe you're in the wrong. Can't you see, that's why I hurt you.' He was almost hissing now.

'(Y/n) this is why you shouldn't have come alone, he's messing with your head. You're not as strong as you usually are right now, ok? Let's leave, you told him you're sorry there's nothing more you can do.' Roy still followed me here, he knew how deceitful he was, I should have been mad at Roy but I knew he cared. I ran to his embrace, the warmth of care and love, I wanted to feel it again.

'Stop messing with her head or we'll have a problem. You won't need to see her again, she's no longer your wife and has a restraining order.' It'd been a day or so and Roy already got a divorce and a restraining order. He's a miracle worker.

'Wow who knew, you came back again after all this. You cared for a monster like her.' Monster, I hate that word.

'The real monster here is the one you see in the mirror, look at yourself, I'm glad karma caught up to you.' Roy's voice was filled with confidence and kindness, a voice I'd only heard long ago. And with that we left Roy holding my hand like I was that little girl again, I had a childhood that I had lost all in that short hand hold.

'You'll stay with me until further notice, sorry I'm not your dream guy but it'll have to do,' only he could make me laugh at a time like this, I saw a small smile creep onto his face.

Roy took me back to central, he didn't want to leave me alone and I knew why, he was afraid I'd do something stupid. I remember vividly walking through the door of Roy's office, the way Jean stood up quickly, his eyes filled with hope, Al and Ed's eyes lit up too, Riza and the rest of Roy's team saluted to Roy and then I heard something unexpected,

'OH (Y/N) ITS BEEN SO LONG!!! ED AND AL TOLD ME THE PERILOUS HARDSHIPS YOU FACED AND I CAN'T CONTAIN MY ANGER AND SADNESS!!! LET ME HUG YOU WITH A METHOD THATS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG FAMILY FOR MANY GENERATIONS!!!' With that Alex's arms flew around me, he was awfully hard and... shirtless, but still I felt soothed...
_______________________________
End of Chapter 11 (I really wanted to add Armstrong because we all need more sparkly shirtless moments...)

)